HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Damien Brunner

Old
11-15-2013, 11:54 PM
Tretyak 20

vCash: 500
I'd really like to see more of the Clowe - Loktionov - Brunner line together before giving up on the guy. He's definitely got some skills, he just isn't good on a line that primarily cycles.

Tretyak 20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2013, 11:55 PM
KaossKing
Pacing Well

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tretyak 20 View Post
I'd really like to see more of the Clowe - Loktionov - Brunner line together before giving up on the guy. He's definitely got some skills, he just isn't good on a line that primarily cycles.
whats a Clowe?

KaossKing is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2013, 11:57 PM
Tretyak 20

I think San Jose had one a long time ago. It was supposed to be pretty good. I think it's a kind of bicycle or something.

Tretyak 20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2013, 12:05 AM
Bleedred
Foligno sucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaossKing View Post
whats a Clowe?
I just saw Pete on facebook asking the same thing! All the players didn't seem to know who the hell he was either!

Bleedred is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2013, 09:38 PM
MountainGoat

vCash:
he lead the team tonight on the PP with 4mins... he's terrible, way too soft with the puck

Old
11-17-2013, 10:42 AM
Strong Island

The guy is top 10 in the league in 5 on 5 shots for per 60 minutes. Give it a bit of time, he will start to produce soon.

Strong Island is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 10:56 AM
Buckingham Claude*

Brunner has snappy hands and is certainly talented, however he is lacking NHL fundamental hockey sense.

During the LA Kings game I saw him let off a couple of bad angle wristers. I felt he could have held into the puck a little longer to dish it off. Plus one of the shots was high without anyone going to the net.

He has the skills but lacks instinct and experience.

Buckingham Claude* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 11:04 AM
Rhodes 81
grit those teeth

this time two months ago everyone was begging lou to sign this guy. now we all want him shipped out?

he's a sniper. there are players like this in the league and good teams seem to find a use for them. his game isn't to control the puck along the boards, his game is to go east-west and find open space. he needs linemates that can create space, and find him when he gets separation. playing him with guys like zajac and bernier is just setting him up for failure.

not every player can be a great forechecker, and if that is what we are going to demand of all of the players on this team, then signing players like brunner is a disservice to them in the first place. it's asking them to be something they aren't.

why don't we wait for our powerplay to gain the ability to enter the zone cleanly more often than once out of every ten tries before we call for brunner's head. the powerplay is what he's here for.

Rhodes 81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 11:12 AM
njdevilsjds
#CoryDays

I think DeBoer got into Brunner's head honestly. Brunner hasn't been the same since he was mysteriously "injured" and yet claimed he was fine while in the press box. It may be a coincidence, but I am not so sure.

njdevilsjds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 05:37 PM
MountainGoat

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by njdevilsjds View Post
I think DeBoer got into Brunner's head honestly. Brunner hasn't been the same since he was mysteriously "injured" and yet claimed he was fine while in the press box. It may be a coincidence, but I am not so sure.
Brunner isn't ****ing 10 years old, can't blame the coach for everything

Old
11-17-2013, 05:43 PM
ThePSEGPowerPoster
LOSER POINTS!

I wouldn't let Deboer coach my 10 year old because he can't develop young talent

ThePSEGPowerPoster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 05:44 PM
MountainGoat

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePSEGPowerPoster View Post
I wouldn't let Deboer coach my 10 year old because he can't develop young talent
Larsson and Gelinas seem to be doing ok

edit: nvm not gonna bother, talking to a brick wall

Last edited by MountainGoat: 11-17-2013 at 05:55 PM.
Old
11-17-2013, 05:46 PM
ThePSEGPowerPoster
LOSER POINTS!

North Korea seems to be doing ok.

Old
11-17-2013, 05:49 PM
MountainGoat

vCash:
sigh.

Old
11-17-2013, 05:50 PM
ThePSEGPowerPoster
LOSER POINTS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie1987 View Post
sigh.
You sound like Kulikov under Pete. And like Adam, JaJo, and Teddy.

Old
11-17-2013, 06:11 PM
Beetlebum*

Brunner for Havlat

Beetlebum* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 06:16 PM
KaossKing
Pacing Well

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beetlebum View Post
Brunner for Havlat
lol.

KaossKing is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 06:28 PM
ThePSEGPowerPoster
LOSER POINTS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beetlebum View Post
Brunner for Havlat
You sir win the game

Old
11-18-2013, 12:52 AM
Hockey Sports Fan
:panic:

Send a message via AIM to Hockey Sports Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePSEGPowerPoster View Post
You sound like Kulikov under Pete. And like Adam, JaJo, and Teddy.
Surely you don't mean Adam LARSSON, or Henrique?

Anyway, it's a long season. Brunner is on a team without a go-to guy and he's played a grand total of 63 games in the NHL after 5 full seasons in the Swiss league. The kid had an alright season on Zetterberg's wing, partially because he was in game shape at the start of the season and had already been playing with Zetterberg.

He needs some time, that's all. He'll figure it out. He's putting up shots like crazy and that'll pay off in the long run.

Hockey Sports Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2013, 05:36 AM
MadDevil

Well, Brunner did only have 2 goals in his last 25 games (including 15 straight without a goal) with the Wings, so it's not like scoring droughts are something new with him.

MadDevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2013, 11:19 AM
swisdan

Brunner is completely without confidence at this time. And i dont think he was a best scorer for Detroit in playoff for nothing. And when you see his first 5 games with NJ, you cannot tell he has no potential. I really hope he find back his game and the good chemistry with adequate linemates as it was the case with Andersson and Nyquist in the end of the season in Detroit.

swisdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2013, 11:40 AM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite

Quote:
Originally Posted by swisdan View Post
Brunner is completely without confidence at this time. And i dont think he was a best scorer for Detroit in playoff for nothing. And when you see his first 5 games with NJ, you cannot tell he has no potential. I really hope he find back his game and the good chemistry with adequate linemates as it was the case with Andersson and Nyquist in the end of the season in Detroit.
Brunner was also playing with much more talented linemates. He didn't get to play with Datsyuk or Zetterberg during the postseason but yeah... he'll start clicking in no time IMO.

Snipers like him and Ryder are streaky. They'll go 10 games with zero production and the following 8 games with a PPG.

He has speed and likes to shoot, wich is something I like. He doesn't really utilise his linemates and he's ****ing brutal when he doesn't have the puck.

DEVILS ALL THE WAY* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2013, 12:19 PM
Richer's Ghost
Global Moderator
Chapter President

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by swisdan View Post
Just wanted to give a shoutout to the Isaiah avatar.

Holy way-back machine Sherman, Victor French in the house.

"Chewie... we're home."
Richer's Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2013, 12:35 PM
JK3
BOTTOM 12

He may have been considered a sniper in Detroit but nothing I've seen here indicates that. I've never seen him find the soft spots or open areas like Ryder does (who needs zero room to get a good shot off).

I really can't tell what Brunner's good at other than have some speed but he's very lazy at times, just coasting out there. He takes some bad "lazy" penalties too which tells me he isn't busting his ass hard enough. I really don't think he fits into this team/system at all. He just throws a ton of bad angle crappy shots at the net when he's coming down the wall. He should be beating guys with his speed, getting behind them and to the net first like we saw at the beginning of the year but for the most part he's just been invisible.

JK3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2013, 01:30 PM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK3 View Post
He may have been considered a sniper in Detroit but nothing I've seen here indicates that. I've never seen him find the soft spots or open areas like Ryder does (who needs zero room to get a good shot off).

I really can't tell what Brunner's good at other than have some speed but he's very lazy at times, just coasting out there. He takes some bad "lazy" penalties too which tells me he isn't busting his ass hard enough. I really don't think he fits into this team/system at all. He just throws a ton of bad angle crappy shots at the net when he's coming down the wall. He should be beating guys with his speed, getting behind them and to the net first like we saw at the beginning of the year but for the most part he's just been invisible.
I fully agree with every one of your points... but he has a better deal and Ryder would get us a better return at the deadline IMO. If I had to pick between both players, I'd stick with Brunner mostly because we'd get something "solid" in return and wouldn't lose that big of a step with Brunner over Ryder in our lineup.

DEVILS ALL THE WAY* is offline   Reply With Quote