HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

What the HELL is going on with Henrik Lundqvist?

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-19-2013, 10:57 PM
  #451
KingWantsCup
United we stand
 
KingWantsCup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 4,574
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevesis View Post
I've explained it a million times….

08-09: $6.875m of a $56.7m cap = 12.1% of team cap

14-15: $8.5m of a $70m cap = 12.1% of team cap

Not to mention the cap is going to continue to rise, so as his contract goes on, he will cost LESS AND LESS to the team than he EVER did.

What is so hard to understand about this?
I don't know about you but when the cap goes up I prefer not to piss it away with raises proportionate to the new ceiling for aging players. And yes, the cap will likely continue to go up as the years pass by... with Lundqvist's play likely coming down as well.

KingWantsCup is offline  
Old
12-21-2013, 09:35 AM
  #452
Green Blob*
Rookie User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 3,258
vCash: 500
Started this thread on Oct 9th and had most of you yelling and cursing at me, we look who looks right now.

Smaller pads has ruined his career.

Green Blob* is offline  
Old
12-21-2013, 09:42 AM
  #453
Bleed Ranger Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 13,288
vCash: 500
I dont mind the stuff complaining about how Lundqvist stinks this year. He does.

What I find both funny and said is the amount of posters that insist this team would be better off without him. What has stopped Glen Sather from building a consistently good team? Lundqvists contract? What a bunch of baloney that is.

Some numskull in the post-game thread started talking about how you "cant build a team from the goaltender out." What the hell does that even mean? Like the rest of the personnel decisions revolve around Lundqvist? Jettisoning Lundqvist and Giving Sather a few million extra in cap space is the difference between a winning and a losing team?

Lundqvist has been great. He is struggling this season. It starts and it stops there. The rest of the roster, which is even more of a problem, is all on Sather and his minions.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline  
Old
12-21-2013, 09:50 AM
  #454
slipknottin
Registered User
 
slipknottin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: CT
Posts: 2,020
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Blob View Post
Started this thread on Oct 9th and had most of you yelling and cursing at me, we look who looks right now.

Smaller pads has ruined his career.

Small pads don't explain why he can't save anything with his glove

slipknottin is offline  
Old
12-21-2013, 09:52 AM
  #455
slipknottin
Registered User
 
slipknottin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: CT
Posts: 2,020
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
I dont mind the stuff complaining about how Lundqvist stinks this year. He does.

What I find both funny and said is the amount of posters that insist this team would be better off without him. What has stopped Glen Sather from building a consistently good team? Lundqvists contract? What a bunch of baloney that is.
You know what kind of package they could have got if they moved him? Imagine the team you could build around that

slipknottin is offline  
Old
12-21-2013, 09:54 AM
  #456
Bleed Ranger Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 13,288
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
You know what kind of package they could have got if they moved him? Imagine the team you could build around that
An UFA goalie? Oh, do tell. Because history would suggest the return wouldnt be a King's ransom (pardon the pun)

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline  
Old
12-21-2013, 09:56 AM
  #457
slipknottin
Registered User
 
slipknottin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: CT
Posts: 2,020
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
An UFA goalie? Oh, do tell. Because history would suggest the return wouldnt be a King's ransom (pardon the pun)
They could have traded him last year or in the offseason.

slipknottin is offline  
Old
12-21-2013, 09:58 AM
  #458
Bleed Ranger Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 13,288
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
They could have traded him last year or in the offseason.
Sure, makes perfect sense.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline  
Old
12-21-2013, 09:59 AM
  #459
slipknottin
Registered User
 
slipknottin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: CT
Posts: 2,020
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Sure, makes perfect sense.
No you're right. Lundqvist is worthless. And no other team would value him at all

Why did they resign him then?

slipknottin is offline  
Old
12-21-2013, 10:11 AM
  #460
snipeit
Registered User
 
snipeit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Bad Gastein, Austria
Country: Sweden
Posts: 1,486
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
No you're right. Lundqvist is worthless. And no other team would value him at all

Why did they resign him then?
Because over seven years he has been a a top goalie in this league and they believe that he will bounce back to his standard?

snipeit is offline  
Old
12-21-2013, 10:18 AM
  #461
UlfNilsson
Registered User
 
UlfNilsson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Baltimore, MD
Country: United States
Posts: 161
vCash: 500
Maybe Henke needs to visit Dr. Phil?

UlfNilsson is offline  
Old
12-21-2013, 11:05 AM
  #462
Mio41
Ron Harris #3
 
Mio41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 2,322
vCash: 500
Needed to stop either the penalty shot or Grabner's breakaway, put us in a big hole, then made it worse fanning on Streit's shot

Mio41 is offline  
Old
12-21-2013, 11:13 AM
  #463
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup
 
GWOW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 13,010
vCash: 500
Trading franchise goalies isnt a good idea, especially if the guy is happy to be playing where he is.

Even if they do a straight up swap for a guy like Perry or Kopitar or Malkin, they would still lose that trade.

You have what almost every team desires - a franchise goalie in his prime. How about making better personnel moves to build around the friggin guy.

Sather's UFA signings have been abysmal and handcuff the organizations ability to build a balanced and deep team.

GWOW is offline  
Old
12-21-2013, 11:14 AM
  #464
Orr Nightmare
Registered User
 
Orr Nightmare's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,604
vCash: 500
What made Hank great was his patience now he flops to his stomach and you score over him....very easy to beat him now...I would make him sit...Talbot let inonebad goal and everyone was ****ing on him...Hank let's in 3-5 goals. Every game and AV rids with him...great coaching

Orr Nightmare is offline  
Old
12-21-2013, 12:21 PM
  #465
Clausewitz
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Country: Germany
Posts: 317
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GWOW View Post
Trading franchise goalies isnt a good idea, especially if the guy is happy to be playing where he is.

Even if they do a straight up swap for a guy like Perry or Kopitar or Malkin, they would still lose that trade.

You have what almost every team desires - a franchise goalie in his prime. How about making better personnel moves to build around the friggin guy.

Sather's UFA signings have been abysmal and handcuff the organizations ability to build a balanced and deep team.
Nail on the head, my friend. Players have off years. Heck, the great Patrick Roy posted a 91.8% save percentage in 94/95 and a 92.3% in 96/97 ... in between which was his disappointing 90.8% performance of 95/96 (90.9% after being traded from MTL to COL). That's not to say that I'm not disappointed in Lundqvist; I am. But let's not reach for the panic button.

Roy stats source

Clausewitz is offline  
Old
12-21-2013, 12:47 PM
  #466
Blueshirt Special
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Blueshirt Special's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 2,910
vCash: 500
I think Hank just needs new glasses ala "Wild Thing"

__________________
Sather has...no clue
Blueshirt Special is offline  
Old
12-21-2013, 01:23 PM
  #467
Bluenote13
20 down, 34 to go !
 
Bluenote13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: BKLYN, NYC
Posts: 23,357
vCash: 500
He's the problem



I think the best thing Superman could do at this point is sit back and expose the holes the idiots at the top created. Year after year.

Bluenote13 is offline  
Old
12-21-2013, 01:30 PM
  #468
Green Blob*
Rookie User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 3,258
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
Small pads don't explain why he can't save anything with his glove
Of course it does. He is trying to over/under compensate and find his game with with smaller pads so everything is suffering.

Green Blob* is offline  
Old
12-21-2013, 05:42 PM
  #469
Bird Law
Daisy's back.
 
Bird Law's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NoVA / NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 67,375
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
I think the best thing Superman could do at this point is sit back and expose the holes the idiots at the top created. Year after year.
Well, he's sure as **** doing a good job of sucking complete ass. Are his pads lined with kryptonite?

__________________
"Of course giving Sather cap space is like giving teenagers whiskey and car keys." - SBOB
"Watching Sather build a team is like watching a blind man with no fingers trying to put together an elaborate puzzle." - Shadowtron
Sestito still on the make a wish tour. - rholt168
"Okay, Joel. You've had your fun. Give your brother his pads back." - Trxjw
Bird Law is online now  
Old
12-21-2013, 05:46 PM
  #470
BroadwayBlues
Angel Grove
 
BroadwayBlues's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: New York City
Country: United States
Posts: 7,054
vCash: 500
Just a bad year. Start to be concern if he looks bad again next year.

BroadwayBlues is offline  
Old
12-21-2013, 05:55 PM
  #471
Bird Law
Daisy's back.
 
Bird Law's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NoVA / NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 67,375
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwayBlues View Post
Just a bad year. Start to be concern if he looks bad again next year.
Well, it's going to be a concern if we don't see any improvement after the new year for sure. Again, the dude has had all of 2 games in December with a SV% above .900. That's just horrendously bad.

Bird Law is online now  
Old
12-21-2013, 05:56 PM
  #472
Bird Law
Daisy's back.
 
Bird Law's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NoVA / NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 67,375
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orr Nightmare View Post
What made Hank great was his patience now he flops to his stomach and you score over him....very easy to beat him now...I would make him sit...Talbot let inonebad goal and everyone was ****ing on him...Hank let's in 3-5 goals. Every game and AV rids with him...great coaching
I think in AV's mind he is just trying to get him to have a good game and have something to build on. I don't think he's just not playing Talbot for the sake of it. It's one strategy. The other strategy would be to play Talbot a lot more (i.e. split time) and hope Hank can sort his **** out.

Both strategies have merit, too. I'd prefer the second one, but I at least see what AV is trying to do here.

Bird Law is online now  
Old
12-21-2013, 06:01 PM
  #473
Vidic15
Registered User
 
Vidic15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Country: Romania
Posts: 875
vCash: 500
Hank is sitting deeper in net, probably because he's worried about deflected shots. He's historically sucked ass saving deflections. Man up, play the shooter. Work on deflections in practice.

Vidic15 is offline  
Old
12-21-2013, 06:28 PM
  #474
ugrimugri
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 125
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
I think in AV's mind he is just trying to get him to have a good game and have something to build on. I don't think he's just not playing Talbot for the sake of it. It's one strategy. The other strategy would be to play Talbot a lot more (i.e. split time) and hope Hank can sort his **** out.

Both strategies have merit, too. I'd prefer the second one, but I at least see what AV is trying to do here.
--

Talbot has a 75% win percentage (6-2-0) and a .934 SV% - - but he has not been given a chance to play again - yeah I can understand that the NYR wants to ride the guy they have just signed to a stupidiculous contract,

But what if this has ruined Talbot's year as well - he performed excellently but had no chance of keeping it up - since the struggling hank's albatross contract was signed and no more chances to even get a game for Talbot...

ugrimugri is offline  
Old
12-21-2013, 09:31 PM
  #475
Bird Law
Daisy's back.
 
Bird Law's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NoVA / NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 67,375
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by ugrimugri View Post
--

Talbot has a 75% win percentage (6-2-0) and a .934 SV% - - but he has not been given a chance to play again - yeah I can understand that the NYR wants to ride the guy they have just signed to a stupidiculous contract,

But what if this has ruined Talbot's year as well - he performed excellently but had no chance of keeping it up - since the struggling hank's albatross contract was signed and no more chances to even get a game for Talbot...
If it "ruined Talbot's year," then he wasn't all that good to begin with and his performance was likely a fluke.

Bird Law is online now  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:39 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.