HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

What the HELL is going on with Henrik Lundqvist?

Closed Thread

Old
12-19-2013, 10:57 PM
KingWantsCup
United we stand

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevesis View Post
I've explained it a million times….

08-09: $6.875m of a $56.7m cap = 12.1% of team cap

14-15: $8.5m of a $70m cap = 12.1% of team cap

Not to mention the cap is going to continue to rise, so as his contract goes on, he will cost LESS AND LESS to the team than he EVER did.

What is so hard to understand about this?
I don't know about you but when the cap goes up I prefer not to piss it away with raises proportionate to the new ceiling for aging players. And yes, the cap will likely continue to go up as the years pass by... with Lundqvist's play likely coming down as well.

Old
12-21-2013, 09:35 AM
Green Blob*
Rookie User

vCash: 500
Started this thread on Oct 9th and had most of you yelling and cursing at me, we look who looks right now.

Smaller pads has ruined his career.

Old
12-21-2013, 09:42 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

I dont mind the stuff complaining about how Lundqvist stinks this year. He does.

What I find both funny and said is the amount of posters that insist this team would be better off without him. What has stopped Glen Sather from building a consistently good team? Lundqvists contract? What a bunch of baloney that is.

Some numskull in the post-game thread started talking about how you "cant build a team from the goaltender out." What the hell does that even mean? Like the rest of the personnel decisions revolve around Lundqvist? Jettisoning Lundqvist and Giving Sather a few million extra in cap space is the difference between a winning and a losing team?

Lundqvist has been great. He is struggling this season. It starts and it stops there. The rest of the roster, which is even more of a problem, is all on Sather and his minions.

Old
12-21-2013, 09:50 AM
slipknottin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Blob View Post
Started this thread on Oct 9th and had most of you yelling and cursing at me, we look who looks right now.

Smaller pads has ruined his career.

Small pads don't explain why he can't save anything with his glove

Old
12-21-2013, 09:52 AM
slipknottin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
I dont mind the stuff complaining about how Lundqvist stinks this year. He does.

What I find both funny and said is the amount of posters that insist this team would be better off without him. What has stopped Glen Sather from building a consistently good team? Lundqvists contract? What a bunch of baloney that is.
You know what kind of package they could have got if they moved him? Imagine the team you could build around that

Old
12-21-2013, 09:54 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
You know what kind of package they could have got if they moved him? Imagine the team you could build around that
An UFA goalie? Oh, do tell. Because history would suggest the return wouldnt be a King's ransom (pardon the pun)

Old
12-21-2013, 09:56 AM
slipknottin

Quote:
An UFA goalie? Oh, do tell. Because history would suggest the return wouldnt be a King's ransom (pardon the pun)
They could have traded him last year or in the offseason.

Old
12-21-2013, 09:58 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
They could have traded him last year or in the offseason.
Sure, makes perfect sense.

Old
12-21-2013, 09:59 AM
slipknottin

Quote:
Sure, makes perfect sense.
No you're right. Lundqvist is worthless. And no other team would value him at all

Why did they resign him then?

Old
12-21-2013, 10:11 AM
snipeit

vCash: 50
Quote:
No you're right. Lundqvist is worthless. And no other team would value him at all

Why did they resign him then?
Because over seven years he has been a a top goalie in this league and they believe that he will bounce back to his standard?

Old
12-21-2013, 10:18 AM
UlfNilsson

Maybe Henke needs to visit Dr. Phil?

Old
12-21-2013, 11:05 AM
Mio41
Ron Harris #3

Needed to stop either the penalty shot or Grabner's breakaway, put us in a big hole, then made it worse fanning on Streit's shot

Old
12-21-2013, 11:13 AM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

Trading franchise goalies isnt a good idea, especially if the guy is happy to be playing where he is.

Even if they do a straight up swap for a guy like Perry or Kopitar or Malkin, they would still lose that trade.

You have what almost every team desires - a franchise goalie in his prime. How about making better personnel moves to build around the friggin guy.

Sather's UFA signings have been abysmal and handcuff the organizations ability to build a balanced and deep team.

Old
12-21-2013, 11:14 AM
Orr Nightmare

What made Hank great was his patience now he flops to his stomach and you score over him....very easy to beat him now...I would make him sit...Talbot let inonebad goal and everyone was ****ing on him...Hank let's in 3-5 goals. Every game and AV rids with him...great coaching

Old
12-21-2013, 12:21 PM
Clausewitz

Quote:
Originally Posted by GWOW View Post
Trading franchise goalies isnt a good idea, especially if the guy is happy to be playing where he is.

Even if they do a straight up swap for a guy like Perry or Kopitar or Malkin, they would still lose that trade.

You have what almost every team desires - a franchise goalie in his prime. How about making better personnel moves to build around the friggin guy.

Sather's UFA signings have been abysmal and handcuff the organizations ability to build a balanced and deep team.
Nail on the head, my friend. Players have off years. Heck, the great Patrick Roy posted a 91.8% save percentage in 94/95 and a 92.3% in 96/97 ... in between which was his disappointing 90.8% performance of 95/96 (90.9% after being traded from MTL to COL). That's not to say that I'm not disappointed in Lundqvist; I am. But let's not reach for the panic button.

Roy stats source

Old
12-21-2013, 12:47 PM
Blueshirt Special
HFBoards Sponsor

I think Hank just needs new glasses ala "Wild Thing"

12-21-2013, 01:23 PM
Bluenote13
20 down, 34 to go !

He's the problem

I think the best thing Superman could do at this point is sit back and expose the holes the idiots at the top created. Year after year.

Old
12-21-2013, 01:30 PM
Green Blob*
Rookie User

Quote:
Small pads don't explain why he can't save anything with his glove
Of course it does. He is trying to over/under compensate and find his game with with smaller pads so everything is suffering.

Old
12-21-2013, 05:42 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
I think the best thing Superman could do at this point is sit back and expose the holes the idiots at the top created. Year after year.
Well, he's sure as **** doing a good job of sucking complete ass. Are his pads lined with kryptonite?

"Okay, Joel. You've had your fun. Give your brother his pads back." - Trxjw
Old
12-21-2013, 05:46 PM
BroadwayBlues
Angel Grove

Just a bad year. Start to be concern if he looks bad again next year.

Old
12-21-2013, 05:55 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwayBlues View Post
Just a bad year. Start to be concern if he looks bad again next year.
Well, it's going to be a concern if we don't see any improvement after the new year for sure. Again, the dude has had all of 2 games in December with a SV% above .900. That's just horrendously bad.

Old
12-21-2013, 05:56 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orr Nightmare View Post
What made Hank great was his patience now he flops to his stomach and you score over him....very easy to beat him now...I would make him sit...Talbot let inonebad goal and everyone was ****ing on him...Hank let's in 3-5 goals. Every game and AV rids with him...great coaching
I think in AV's mind he is just trying to get him to have a good game and have something to build on. I don't think he's just not playing Talbot for the sake of it. It's one strategy. The other strategy would be to play Talbot a lot more (i.e. split time) and hope Hank can sort his **** out.

Both strategies have merit, too. I'd prefer the second one, but I at least see what AV is trying to do here.

Old
12-21-2013, 06:01 PM
Vidic15

Hank is sitting deeper in net, probably because he's worried about deflected shots. He's historically sucked ass saving deflections. Man up, play the shooter. Work on deflections in practice.

Old
12-21-2013, 06:28 PM
ugrimugri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
I think in AV's mind he is just trying to get him to have a good game and have something to build on. I don't think he's just not playing Talbot for the sake of it. It's one strategy. The other strategy would be to play Talbot a lot more (i.e. split time) and hope Hank can sort his **** out.

Both strategies have merit, too. I'd prefer the second one, but I at least see what AV is trying to do here.
--

Talbot has a 75% win percentage (6-2-0) and a .934 SV% - - but he has not been given a chance to play again - yeah I can understand that the NYR wants to ride the guy they have just signed to a stupidiculous contract,

But what if this has ruined Talbot's year as well - he performed excellently but had no chance of keeping it up - since the struggling hank's albatross contract was signed and no more chances to even get a game for Talbot...

Old
12-21-2013, 09:31 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ugrimugri View Post
--

Talbot has a 75% win percentage (6-2-0) and a .934 SV% - - but he has not been given a chance to play again - yeah I can understand that the NYR wants to ride the guy they have just signed to a stupidiculous contract,

But what if this has ruined Talbot's year as well - he performed excellently but had no chance of keeping it up - since the struggling hank's albatross contract was signed and no more chances to even get a game for Talbot...
If it "ruined Talbot's year," then he wasn't all that good to begin with and his performance was likely a fluke.

Closed Thread