HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Frans Nielsen *Broken Hand*

Old
02-11-2014, 11:36 AM
isle 24

vCash: 500
Frans Nielsen *Broken Hand*

@StapeNewsday: One last bit of #Isles news: Frans Nielsen suffered a broken hand on slash from Avs D Erik Johnson on Saturday. Non-displaced fracture...

isle 24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2014, 11:39 AM
blitzkriegs

Prospect / rookie time! We are all Islanders!

blitzkriegs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2014, 11:59 AM
bluechipbonzo

Last thing we need is the team getting hot again and ruining our draft positioning.

That top 5 pick will be moved for a much neede roster player...

Last edited by PWJunior: 02-11-2014 at 12:09 PM.
bluechipbonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2014, 12:03 PM
iLandHer

Hope he plays with it.

iLandHer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2014, 12:09 PM
Riseonfire
R+L=J

Welp, time to see if Strome can play 2C.

Riseonfire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2014, 12:10 PM
Kevin27nyi
Global Moderator
#21KO

vCash: 200
Lee and Strome could both potentially be called up.

Kevin27nyi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2014, 12:14 PM
PWJunior
Beware the POOP!

Bad news for Frans, he was having a really good season. It's going to be interesting how things play out the rest of the season now with a big opening at center. I kind of feel bad having to bring this up in light of this bad news yet...

Now comes the pink elephant in the room, is it worth to trade him at the Draft?

Bailey-Tavares-Okposo
Grabner-Nelson-Cbuck
Lee-Strome-XXX
Martin-Cizikas-CMac

I think we get a RW prospect in either the Vanek/AMac trades and make a kid 3rd line. I pray that we can get someone like Toffoli. That's how I see the lineup the rest of the season. If Nelson and Strome impress, it might be the best time to trade Frans for a stud defender. Just throwing it out there and it could be a very tempting option.

PWJunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2014, 12:18 PM
Bones45

how about we just swap the uniondale and bridgeport teams// not sure if anyone would notice...

Bones45 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2014, 12:32 PM
gordie43

Betcha snow is regretting that Peter Regin deal, who could possibly fill that #2 center slot...

gordie43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2014, 12:43 PM
fnfelon

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordie43 View Post
Betcha snow is regretting that Peter Regin deal, who could possibly fill that #2 center slot...
I not so sure, the seasons shot anyway, bring up Strome and let him play Center and have Nelson play center also. Bring up some of the kids and see what they have; Lee, maybe one or both of Sundstrom, or Peerson. We have nothing to lose now, put Bailey on one of the top lines and just let him play. I only with we had an experienced Coach to look at these kids, and see who to keep and who to send back down.

fnfelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2014, 12:47 PM
StrongIslanders90

Damn... Hes having a career season..sucks

imo Nelson will be the #2 center until Vanek is traded and/or Nielsen gets back...

StrongIslanders90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2014, 12:51 PM
scott99

I think this probably guarantees us a top 5 pick now, maybe top 3. Once Frans comes back, there will probably only be 18 games left. Being he is our third or fourth best forward, and #2 or #3 should be traded (Vanek) before Nielsen comes back, I expect we will probably go into a huge tailspin. I'm guessing we win 7 of our remaining 22 games. Something like 7-13-2 to finish off the season.

scott99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2014, 12:53 PM
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

Per Staple, Nielsen should be back on the ice before the trade deadline.

02-11-2014, 01:37 PM
Islanders1932

Anyone have a video of the injury, i missed that game

Islanders1932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2014, 01:41 PM
iLandHer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Islanders1932 View Post
Anyone have a video of the injury, i missed that game

iLandHer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2014, 01:53 PM
Yashin for President

I don't wish harm on anyone but he should sit out as long as possible. The draft is the most important thing for us right now. No chance we get back in the race. Isles need that top 5 pick badly, it could mean we trade it for another player or just draft a player.

Yashin for President is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2014, 02:36 PM
Stories
Hockey scientist

Johnson suspended 2 games on the play.

Stories is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2014, 02:55 PM
Strome18

Fracture of the thumb or a hang nail.

Strome18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2014, 03:05 PM
duster19

2 games? Blatant 2 hand slash....

Strome back up. does it really matter if he or nelson is 2 or 3 C. Who is going to play wing on either of those lines? grabner, clutter, mcdonald and Lee maybe? Im assuming vanek is dealt and bailey moves up....

wow...pathetic. Bring back Ness to make this season complete

duster19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2014, 03:30 PM
blinkman360
CdH for Norris

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWJunior View Post
Bad news for Frans, he was having a really good season. It's going to be interesting how things play out the rest of the season now with a big opening at center. I kind of feel bad having to bring this up in light of this bad news yet...

Now comes the pink elephant in the room, is it worth to trade him at the Draft?

Bailey-Tavares-Okposo
Grabner-Nelson-Cbuck
Lee-Strome-XXX
Martin-Cizikas-CMac

I think we get a RW prospect in either the Vanek/AMac trades and make a kid 3rd line. I pray that we can get someone like Toffoli. That's how I see the lineup the rest of the season. If Nelson and Strome impress, it might be the best time to trade Frans for a stud defender. Just throwing it out there and it could be a very tempting option.
I think we need to keep him. My gut says Strome will be moved to RW. Probably on Nelson's line. Nielsen will most likely drop down to the 3C. Keep the center depth strong. IMO, we should lock Frans up. Very important player.

blinkman360 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2014, 03:43 PM
original islander

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinkman360 View Post
I think we need to keep him. My gut says Strome will be moved to RW. Probably on Nelson's line. Nielsen will most likely drop down to the 3C. Keep the center depth strong. IMO, we should lock Frans up. Very important player.
Definitely agree. Unless he's an essential part of a trade for a goalie, Frans should stay. Kills penalties, plays the point on the power play and can play 2C, 3C or be the best 4C in the league.

The jury is still out on Strome and as you mention he could be moved to RW. In fact Brock or JT could be moved to LW at some point.

original islander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2014, 03:50 PM
Robin Hood

I'm just glad this isn't what it is keeping him out of the Olympics. That would have been heartbreaking with a *** incident like that in the last game.

Robin Hood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2014, 04:08 PM
Cavonnier

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinkman360 View Post
I can see Nielsen being a very valuable trade chip, but I really hope that one day we'll have Grabner-Nielsen-Clutterbuck as a checking line. They've been miscast as a second line due to a lack of better options, but if we could bring in some upgrades (either from within the system or from the outside) and have a true second line, then I think Grabner-Nielsen-Clutterbuck could be a great third line that could shutdown the opposition and provide some scoring.

It's a microcosm of this team's underlying flaw: there's talent on the roster, but there are a lot of holes that forces players to be one spot above where they should be.

Cavonnier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2014, 04:13 PM
2ndGenIslander
Potvin's Cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by original islander View Post
Definitely agree. Unless he's an essential part of a trade for a goalie, Frans should stay. Kills penalties, plays the point on the power play and can play 2C, 3C or be the best 4C in the league.

The jury is still out on Strome and as you mention he could be moved to RW. In fact Brock or JT could be moved to LW at some point.
The people who think neilsen can or should be traded are out of their minds. we lose frans we lose an extra 5-8 games a season

2ndGenIslander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2014, 04:16 PM
PWJunior
Beware the POOP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by original islander View Post

I don't think we'll ever see JT be moved to wing, the guy is a franchise level centerman and those types stay at the glamour position their entire careers. He might move to wing during the twilight of his career, but I think those chances are slim.

Strome is being groomed to be a center, he has hasn't played the wing since the preseason. I think it's pretty clear where the Isles think he slots in, he is the #2C of the future. Cappy has mentioned how Nelson seems to have found a home on the #3C right now. The Isles drafted a bunch of centers for a reason and now it's starting to pay off. After a deal is done, then go off on him for nixing KO on Team USA.

I would seriously look into seeing what we could get for Frans at the Draft. Packaging him and some of our picks, he could get us a really good d-man that could really solidify our defense by slotting everyone down and thus a better fit for their talent level. It would also give the Isles the luxury of continuing to bring along Reinhart and crew slowly. We're going to lose Visnovsky at the end of next season, an extra year of development (half AHL, half NHL) for Reinhart - I would have very little doubt that he could be a high end 3rd/good 2nd pairing d-man by the time the puck drops in Brooklyn.

Snow should call Poile and offer him Frans, the top-5 pick we have, another 1st rounder from the Vanek/AMac deals and their choice of any of our B-level prospects. It would take overpayment, but Josi is signed on a Hamonic type of sweetheart deal and I've always loved the kid.

PWJunior is offline   Reply With Quote