HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Carter's metamorphosis Flyers, Jackets gave up on Kings sniper way too early

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-11-2013, 03:55 PM
  #26
Brad Doty
Moderator
\_(ツ)_/
 
Brad Doty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: I.E.
Country: United States
Posts: 15,911
vCash: 500
I love the line about letting them become men. If I had millions of dollars in my early twenties, I might not have seen thirty

He's been our best player so far this season, imo. Can get things done all over the ice.

Brad Doty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2013, 05:03 PM
  #27
jml87
Registered User
 
jml87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 2,912
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWoof View Post
Honestly, I think that the Flyers had a bigger problem with Richards than Carter. Richards wasn't talking to the media (he actually tried to go after Carchidi once) and he was reported to not get along with Lavi or Pronger. Whatever went on off the ice wasn't affecting his game.

Carter had his biggest scoring year after he signed his first big contract so he never rested on his laurels. His game had been rounding out from when he first came to the Flyers as it does with a lot of power forward types, and that looks to include JvR who got 2 more points again last night.
Well, the reason why Richards stopped talking to the meeting was that awful Carter rumor about him sleeping with Hartnell's wife. Plus Carter was always included in those rumors about partying, which I think Snider started to really believe were true and that's why Carter wasn't scoring in the playoffs. I think that old reputation hurt him more than anything (talking about him being lazy on the ice sometimes not about that partying ****).

Also, Richards was right about Lavi and Pronger. He never admitted he disliked them either or let it show in game situations. Ricahrds biggest problem with Lavi was his system and his refusal to change if I remember correctly. Guess what, that's why Lavi failed as the Flyers coach in the end. Then of course there was Pronger who is just an ass and everyone knows it. He's anointed Captain as soon as Richards leaves which gives you the feeling that that is who Snider wanted for awhile.

The Flyers created their own problems by allowing the media to assault their captain and not showing faith in him by bringing in a loudmouth to undermine him and hiring a coach who insisted on fixing their 'drinking problem' the moment he got on board. Even through all that he got his team to the SCF in 2010, won a gold medal, and got to the 2nd round in 2011 despite having a broken wrist and pneumonia. Can you imagine all that pressure at 25 and still succeeding in it? The Flyers should've been worshiping that guy just like they should've been patient with Carter.

I imagine if the media had just treated Richards like the Kings media treats Dustin Brown, everything would've been fine. If the Flyers forgot about this stupid 'we need more leadership' and 'you're not trying hard enough' ******** and got the significant piece they were really missing, a goalie, they'd have a Cup by now. But no, the fans, the media, the management all put the responsibility on the shoulders of some young guys who just wanted to have some damn fun every once in awhile after they'd basically ritually beaten every night by those that are supposed to be rooting for them.

Damn that was supposed to be a short post

jml87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2013, 06:03 PM
  #28
MsWoof
Registered User
 
MsWoof's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,544
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jml87 View Post
Well, the reason why Richards stopped talking to the meeting was that awful Carter rumor about him sleeping with Hartnell's wife. Plus Carter was always included in those rumors about partying, which I think Snider started to really believe were true and that's why Carter wasn't scoring in the playoffs. I think that old reputation hurt him more than anything (talking about him being lazy on the ice sometimes not about that partying ****).

Also, Richards was right about Lavi and Pronger. He never admitted he disliked them either or let it show in game situations. Ricahrds biggest problem with Lavi was his system and his refusal to change if I remember correctly. Guess what, that's why Lavi failed as the Flyers coach in the end. Then of course there was Pronger who is just an ass and everyone knows it. He's anointed Captain as soon as Richards leaves which gives you the feeling that that is who Snider wanted for awhile.

The Flyers created their own problems by allowing the media to assault their captain and not showing faith in him by bringing in a loudmouth to undermine him and hiring a coach who insisted on fixing their 'drinking problem' the moment he got on board. Even through all that he got his team to the SCF in 2010, won a gold medal, and got to the 2nd round in 2011 despite having a broken wrist and pneumonia. Can you imagine all that pressure at 25 and still succeeding in it? The Flyers should've been worshiping that guy just like they should've been patient with Carter.

I imagine if the media had just treated Richards like the Kings media treats Dustin Brown, everything would've been fine. If the Flyers forgot about this stupid 'we need more leadership' and 'you're not trying hard enough' ******** and got the significant piece they were really missing, a goalie, they'd have a Cup by now. But no, the fans, the media, the management all put the responsibility on the shoulders of some young guys who just wanted to have some damn fun every once in awhile after they'd basically ritually beaten every night by those that are supposed to be rooting for them.

Damn that was supposed to be a short post
I only wish he WOULD have beaten the snot out of Carchidi! I've noticed he's not as big a jerk as he used to be.

How crazy is it that after all that happened, Lavi, Pronger, Richards and Carter are all gone?

MsWoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2013, 06:57 PM
  #29
jml87
Registered User
 
jml87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 2,912
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWoof View Post
I only wish he WOULD have beaten the snot out of Carchidi! I've noticed he's not as big a jerk as he used to be.

How crazy is it that after all that happened, Lavi, Pronger, Richards and Carter are all gone?
And carchidi, panotch, and the other media goons are still around. Where's the justice, am I right?

jml87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2013, 09:07 PM
  #30
deeshamrock
Registered User
 
deeshamrock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 3,541
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jml87

Damn that was supposed to be a short post
I enjoyed every word and feel that frustration. Naming Richards captain and 8 mos later cutting him off at the knees by bringing in PRonger was when Richards days were numbered. Pronger fractures every room he's been in and that bully tactics and caustic demeanor fracture the lockeroom. Laavy wanted pronger wearing that C from the minute they named him coach.
Well, Ed got wht he wanted...I hope he chokes on his arrogance.



Quote:
Originally Posted by jml87
And carchidi, panotch, and the other media goons are still around. Where's the justice, am I right?
The justice is that Ed Snider has screwed the team over consistently for years and thanks to him and the bad trades, the Kings got a Cupi , 2 WCF's and will have another Cup soon; Bob got a Vezina, 5 of the Phantoms calder cup champs (traded away, couldn't cu he Flyers cloth) have won Cups and JVR will bank 35 goals this year.
The Flyers...playing golf again April , he's the laughing stock of the NHL and will die without another Cup. And for me, watching the Flyers fail, is a small form of justice. He deserves this misery and embarrassment, he created it.
Flyers have scored 6 goals in 5 games. Lucky Mason, his team put up 4 goals in the 12 periods of hockey he's played.
This is Ed's team..he created this mess, he deserves the last place team.


Last edited by deeshamrock: 10-11-2013 at 09:14 PM.
deeshamrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2013, 09:40 PM
  #31
MsWoof
Registered User
 
MsWoof's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,544
vCash: 500
And Carter wins it again!

MsWoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2013, 10:34 PM
  #32
Rorschach
Fearful Symmetry
 
Rorschach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 7,202
vCash: 500
Jeff HARTer? ;D

Rorschach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2013, 07:43 PM
  #33
kingsfan28
Its A Kingspiracy !
 
kingsfan28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Earth
Country: United States
Posts: 15,813
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach View Post
Jeff HARTer? ;D
I see what you did there.

Although he'd have to outscore everyone by 20 in order to get the east coast votes, even then 20 writers would still give Crosby the 1st place vote.

kingsfan28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2013, 08:47 PM
  #34
cyclones22
Registered User
 
cyclones22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Ontario
Country: United States
Posts: 1,809
vCash: 500
I believe there are still people on these boards who think DL overpaid for Carter. That throwing in that first made it an overpayment. I'm going to have to disagree.

cyclones22 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2013, 09:29 PM
  #35
deeshamrock
Registered User
 
deeshamrock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 3,541
vCash: 500
Quote:
I believe there are still people on these boards who think DL overpaid for Carter. That throwing in that first made it an overpayment. I'm going to have to disagree.
Guess that depends on what those individuals consider overpayment.

Stanley Cup #1 = Priceless.

and likely more on the horizon, along with his first 50 goal season which coud be this year.

deeshamrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:00 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.