HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Clemmensen recalled, Shore to San Antonio

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-10-2013, 02:18 AM
  #26
gudzilla
Registered User
 
gudzilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 4,951
vCash: 500
i don't think this bure guy realizes that we have drafted #1OA once? in our history and that would be whenever we drafted jovo

how many of the PPG players are NOT drafted 1OA or doesn't play on the superstacked teams? very very few. when you drop down to 5-15OA you'll get the picks with less upside thats still pretty safe.

oh, and a lot of our picks haven't panned out, but still. there's very few sure fire bets that we could have picked up

gudzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2013, 09:44 AM
  #27
Mogo
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
 
Mogo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Country: Finland
Posts: 11,097
vCash: 814
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida pwnthers View Post
i don't think this bure guy realizes that we have drafted #1OA once? in our history and that would be whenever we drafted jovo

how many of the PPG players are NOT drafted 1OA or doesn't play on the superstacked teams? very very few. when you drop down to 5-15OA you'll get the picks with less upside thats still pretty safe.

oh, and a lot of our picks haven't panned out, but still. there's very few sure fire bets that we could have picked up
We have the #1 more than 1 time tho. Just had idiot GM's who trade down

Mogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2013, 09:49 AM
  #28
gudzilla
Registered User
 
gudzilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 4,951
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mogo View Post
We have the #1 more than 1 time tho. Just had idiot GM's who trade down
yeah, but we didn't draft 1OA, thats what i meant

if we had staal instead of horton, we'd have been in fine shape i think

gudzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2013, 10:23 AM
  #29
LUUUUUIS
2mins for Panthering
 
LUUUUUIS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,672
vCash: 500
The last 20 years don't matter. You can't point to trends or statistics from that far back because...Tallon has only been here since 2010. So everybody needs to calm down.

LUUUUUIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2013, 10:30 AM
  #30
Dread Clawz
Auston Matthews USA!
 
Dread Clawz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Pennsylvania
Country: United States
Posts: 16,558
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bure1026 View Post
I'm just saying it would be nice to finally have a guy come in and be a point per game player. There's nobody on this team you can count on night after night, If somebody says there is then they're obviously watching a different team.

Panthers top point and goal scorers over the last decade:

2012-2013:
Tomas Fleischmann 48GP 35 points (Most Goals: Kopecky 15 )

2011-2012:
Tomas Fleischmann 82GP 61 points (Most Goals: Fleischmann 27)

2010-2011:
Stephen Weiss 74GP 49 points (Most Goals: Booth 23)

2009-2010:
Stephen Weiss 80GP 60 points (Most Goals: Weiss 28)

2008-2009:
Stephen Weiss 78GP 61 points (Most Goals: Booth 31)

2007-2008:
Olli Jokinen 82GP 71 points (Most Goals: Jokinen 34)

2006-2007:
Olli Jokinen 82GP 91 points (Most Goals: Jokinen 39)

2005-2006:
Olli Jokinen 82GP 89 points (Most Goals: Jokinen 38)

2003-2004:
Olli Jokinen 82GP 58 points (Most Goals Jokinen 26)

2002-2003:
Olli Joknen 81GP 65 points (Most Goals Jokinen 36)

2001-2002:
Pavel Bure 56GP 49 points (Most Goals Huselius 23)


Do the math. 11 seasons. 2 of them only had 1 guy to produce at a point per game clip. That's piss poor. I've been a fan since day one like most of you on here. I just don't get why this still hasn't been addressed. Saying it for years and it's always the same story with this team. Watching a game now you hope and pray that they score first so at least it will be a game, I feel once this team gets down there's no hope. That's how much faith I have in their offense. It sucks.

Over those 11 seasons they've had probably more 1st round picks than anyone. Not one produced consistently enough and most of them were traded off or left via FA.

Find me another team with a worse track record, I doubt you'd find one. I'm not bashing the current team, I'm just concerned with the lack of scoring and I wanted to point out and show you with actual statistics how bad they've been. All that time they were rebuilding, rebuilding, rebuilding and still we're rebuilding just trying to find an identity. I understand there's a lot of different line pairings so that's going to take some time, I'm just not sold on the talent level as of now. I see something special in Barkov but it's going to take at least half the season to see what he actually can bring to this team. Maybe he'll finally be that point per player this team needs but one isn't enough. It's extremely crucial that this team gets some luck and finally develop a few stud hockey players so they can win consistently for years to come or maybe the new owner will actually go after top tier talent in FA which would finally be a relief.

Until then I'll be pessimistic about almost everything with this team.
Still, what does that have to do with Bjugstad and Howden's development? They were expected to be PPG players? I don't think so. And only 3 years from their draft???

Dread Clawz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2013, 12:03 PM
  #31
King Panther
ElGrandeDbagSupreme
 
King Panther's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Fullerton, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,054
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luis Gudbrunson View Post
The last 20 years don't matter. You can't point to trends or statistics from that far back because...Tallon has only been here since 2010. So everybody needs to calm down.
yep. just because the franchise has been awful for the last 10+ years doesnt mean they will be awful going forward. huby is on his way to becoming a ppg player and so is barkov. but i dont expect it this year. with the new owner im confident they will be developed properly and will develop into top line players in another year or two.

King Panther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2013, 06:47 PM
  #32
HowdyHowden93*
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 633
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Panther View Post
yep. just because the franchise has been awful for the last 10+ years doesnt mean they will be awful going forward. huby is on his way to becoming a ppg player and so is barkov. but i dont expect it this year. with the new owner im confident they will be developed properly and will develop into top line players in another year or two.
Huby is not even close to being a PPG player. Sorry but you're wrong.

HowdyHowden93* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2013, 07:30 PM
  #33
gudzilla
Registered User
 
gudzilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 4,951
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bure1026 View Post
Huby is not even close to being a PPG player. Sorry but you're wrong.
he's on his way he said

i dont understand why you're here just to trash talk

huberdeau will probably pan out a perennial allstar winger with ppg production and some grit

gudzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2013, 03:41 PM
  #34
Magnificent66
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 62
vCash: 500
Time to call up Trocheck.

Magnificent66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2013, 03:55 PM
  #35
ShootIt
Registered User
 
ShootIt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: 561
Country: United States
Posts: 7,332
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida pwnthers View Post
he's on his way he said

i dont understand why you're here just to trash talk

huberdeau will probably pan out a perennial allstar winger with ppg production and some grit
I'm not sure about PPG. That's if he hits his max potential IMO.

60-70 points per season is more likely.

ShootIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2013, 04:50 PM
  #36
gudzilla
Registered User
 
gudzilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 4,951
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShootIt View Post
I'm not sure about PPG. That's if he hits his max potential IMO.

60-70 points per season is more likely.
i think he's as close to a sure fire bet for PPG

imagine when we have quality players to play with him. Huberdeau-Barkov-X would guarantee PPG almost, imo, when they hit prime

gudzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:12 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.