Notices

What is your concern level?

Old
11-28-2013, 01:19 AM
Gaps

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomthestone View Post
For some reason Brodziak is one of the staff's favorites, so that very well may be what they decide to do. And as you point out, it may be one of the only potential short-term routes available. I just have to think there are a few other options (AHL, waivers, recent retirees?) to exhaust before going that way with it. I mean, the guy has proven he's literally incapable of hitting the net from inside the circle -- how can Yeo count on him to play center on a 'scoring' line?
True, but there was a point when he could get things done offensively when put in a scoring role. I don't want him there at all, but currently Coyle's play at center is sub-par and forces the load on Koivu. Center injuries are usually tricky to compensate, but there's still so much of the season left that we can't take the risk of having Koivu go down too. With Granlund already out and Coyle not looking too good at center, we would be majorly screwed.

As for the AHL, Haula is not ready to play in the NHL, and would be on a very short leash if they brought him to take over that spot. A prospect who Yeo allows to play for 10 minutes or less is not going to help out. They may have to recall him, but I don't think the result would be much better than with last season's Granlund. Did you have any names in mind for recent retirees?

Gaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2013, 01:26 AM
tomthestone*

The recent retirees was more of a joke to express how much I hate the idea of Brodziak as the second line center. That said, I totally agree with Coyle's necessity on the wing (have always wanted him at RW1) as well as how majorly screwed the Wild are down the middle at this very moment.

It's an absolute reach, but hasn't Pominville played a bit of center at the NHL level? Putting him there is so far from ideal, but you'd have to think he'd never embarrass himself the way an AHLer would seeing big minutes.

tomthestone* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2013, 07:31 AM
BagHead

If Parise and Harding are out long term (which I doubt will happen) my level would be quite frightened. As it is, I'm a mid level, to lower level of fear. We're a good team, playing some other good teams. Could be ugly, but could be mediocre or accepitible.

BagHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2013, 08:48 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

I thought the Wild would drop 7 of 10...they dropped two straight, so now they just need to drop 5 of 8.

Jarick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2013, 12:18 PM
Ladde

Two big games againts Colorado. If we lose them both I am really worried.

Ladde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2013, 01:19 PM
melinko

vCash: 2551
We need to start scoring.

If you only allow 2 goals, you need to win.

melinko is offline   Reply With Quote