HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Where's the Defense!- Habs lose 3-2

Old
10-10-2013, 01:24 AM
Habs_Apostle

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett View Post
Price was good

Egg line was okay

The rest..... Ewww

We can talk about the lines, bouillon, and the defensive breakdowns, but above all, they were outworked soundly for most of the game.

for a club that had so much time off, this is concerning, maybe there was too much time off. If they don't come out against the oilers with a more spirited effort, this loss could turn into an extended losing streak, which the have simply cannot afford in this division
To me, they just don't seem in sync yet. Again, I'll give it a dozen or so games and see what happens. But, yeah, it begins with effort and showing a little passion out there.

Habs_Apostle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2013, 01:30 AM
OneSharpMarble

Calm down ladies, habs always blow on their western tour. If you have a memory longer than a goldfish you would remember this.

OneSharpMarble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2013, 01:43 AM
KerryFraser

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
Calm down ladies, habs always blow on their western tour. If you have a memory longer than a goldfish you would remember this.
So it's an excuse, i assume.

The no excuse is off the topic this year so.

KerryFraser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2013, 02:01 AM
zzoo

Will we play another game in Calgary this season ? So we haven't beat them since January 2002 !

Doesn't Calgary suppose to be one of the worst team in NHL this year ?
Man, I'm quite pissed off although Habs played not too bad.

zzoo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2013, 02:09 AM
sandysan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallsviewafro View Post
Hey, Flames fan coming in peace. Hopefully I didn't just step in the middle of any kind of slap fight...

From what I gathered in a quick browse through the GDT's, I'm guessing that the Flames won because Boullion is literally the worst thing that this planet has ever seen. I missed the game because of work. From your guys' point of view, who was the best Flame? The replay on NHL.com didn't show a whole lot.
Macdonald held the fort at the end of the first and the second. The habs had their chances and he played well on screen shots, tips and when a rebound was to be had he made the second and third save.

sandysan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2013, 02:14 AM
poetryinmotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyBusiness View Post
Why is it that l'antichambre never wants to talk about how Therrien uses his lines?
Wild guess here, but what was Therrien doing before getting the HC job? That's all that needs to be said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Parent View Post
PK took the blame for the lost due to the penalty, post-game.

MT said he agreed with PK.

Harsh by MT.
Really? MT is way too comfortable joking around in those press conferences. Subban throws himself under the bus and MT drives a Tank over him instead? Some things need to be kept in the locker room. If he was talking about just the penalty that it was dumb, then fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
Subban will grow out of this experience, and he will never be a leader if he underplay his bonehead moves. Therrien is playing it hard on him because he wants the rest of the team to look up to Subban's character
I quoted a lot of posts here but I really want to know how this works.

Last edited by poetryinmotion: 10-10-2013 at 02:29 AM.
poetryinmotion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2013, 02:19 AM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogtownhabsfan View Post
My God people, everyone shut the **** up, and chill the **** out...

As fans our goals for this team should be:

A) Make the playoffs.
B) Be healthy come playoffs.
C) Be playing our best come playoffs.

Overanalyzing crap this early in the season is insane.
Before all else though should be building a contender. I think Bergevin should be approaching the end of the 'evaluation' phase of his current roster players and try to move in the right direction.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2013, 02:36 AM
Signature
Unsustainable™

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzoo View Post
Will we play another game in Calgary this season ? So we haven't beat them since January 2002 !

Doesn't Calgary suppose to be one of the worst team in NHL this year ?
Man, I'm quite pissed off although Habs played not too bad.
Look, I'm a Flames fan and not trying to rile anyone up, but you clearly did not watch the game before Subban's goal. Aside from shot totals, the Flames definitely owned the first ~20-25 minutes of the game.

I'd honestly say that, with the difference in goaltending level/skill, defence, and offensive potential, the Habs could have won and maybe would have won if not due to Subban's penalty. But that doesn't excuse the fact that they were not -clearly- the better team tonight when they should have been.

I heard (didn't witness firsthand) that Subban mentioned in the post-game interview that the Canadiens had a sub-par practice before the game tonight, and that nobody seemed to be "into it". What's up with that? I mean, I don't care if other teams underestimate Calgary - it makes it easier for my favourite team to win. But in my opinion, that kind of behaviour is a negative on the coach and the leaders of the team. Their job description is to make sure the team is as prepared as they can be for every game. I would hate it if a Flames player mentioned any kind of disinterest during a practice and I believe every fan should, too.

Last edited by Signature: 10-10-2013 at 02:42 AM.
Signature is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2013, 02:46 AM
SB164

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill McNeal View Post
It's all smoke and mirrors.

If they don't talk about Subban, the only thing left to talk about is the one thing they don't want to discuss.
i.e. if they don't talk about Subban they have to (gasp) admit that DD and Bouillon are absolutely atrocious.

SB164 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2013, 05:03 AM
De Montreal
help

So uh did I heard no Gorges tomorrow, Beaulieu in?

I'm glad we will see Beaulieu in the lineup but what does it mean for our PK unit? Will we see

Subban - Tinordi
Markov - Bouillon

?

Can't believe I'm saying this but I think I might miss Drewiske

De Montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2013, 05:58 AM
BlackStar

Quote:
Originally Posted by poetryinmotion View Post
Wild guess here, but what was Therrien doing before getting the HC job? That's all that needs to be said.

Really? MT is way too comfortable joking around in those press conferences. Subban throws himself under the bus and MT drives a Tank over him instead? Some things need to be kept in the locker room. If he was talking about just the penalty that it was dumb, then fine.

I quoted a lot of posts here but I really want to know how this works.
What a drama queen. Therrien simply agreed that Subban made a mistake, which he did. How in the world did he drive a tank over him?

Therrien deserves to be critisized for some of his decisions for sure, but this? You ugys are insane.

BlackStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2013, 06:05 AM
Craig71

If the Habs played the whole game like they played the last 10 minutes of the third, this would be a happy place. They slept through the first 2 periods and it showed badly.

I don't know what the Habs will do with Briere, DD and Boullion but someone needs to remind all three that they are in the NHL because they seem to have forgotten it.

Subban How many cross checks to the back of your opponent do you have to make to prove a point? That killed the comeback and showed me a fatal flaw of judgement in Subbans game, you simply cannot jeopardize the teams chance of tying the game in such a brain dead manner. He acted bush league in doing that and theres no excuses for it.

Craig71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2013, 06:26 AM
Rockettrudel

I dont care about another bad year well have a good choice thats what the penguins,hawks and avalanche did...Build around Subban, the egg line, price, pacioretty,tinordi bye bye gionta plekaanettss desharnais moen markov bourque bouillon briere white

Rockettrudel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2013, 06:44 AM
TennisMenace

Quote:
Originally Posted by schumway2 View Post
Pacioretty-DD-Briere most useless line ever.
Unfortunately this is the product of less than intelligent people running our organization.

TennisMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2013, 06:45 AM
FlyingKostitsyn

vCash: 827
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig71 View Post
Subban How many cross checks to the back of your opponent do you have to make to prove a point? That killed the comeback and showed me a fatal flaw of judgement in Subbans game, you simply cannot jeopardize the teams chance of tying the game in such a brain dead manner. He acted bush league in doing that and theres no excuses for it.
Without Subban we would have lost much more badly however, before his penalty he was litterally carrying the team and seemed to be the only one caring. Sadly, he cared a little too much! He should have played 28mins tho, not 22... I dont know what MT is thinking. Its no wonder Subban tries to do too much.

FlyingKostitsyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2013, 06:57 AM
JusticeBeaver
Twitter: @gar****al

Subban was just competing, yes maybe a cross check too many, but I'd rather see him giving somebody the business than trying his hardest to avoid a hit like a little girl.

I used to think Diaz was effective, but he hasn't done much to convince me as of lately, and Briere sure loves to admire his passes. I think pleks line could of been better but they held their own. Poor, poor patches .

Patches - Bournival - Gally
Chucky - Eller - Prusty
Bourque - Pleks - Gio

I want this.

JusticeBeaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2013, 07:09 AM
Tuggy

Well that was a frustrating game to watch. I thought the EGG line, Subban/Markov and Price all played good games.

Cube is just terrible and should not be playing. Diaz was also terrible.

I thought Briere played slightly better but still nothing great. Desharnais once again completely ineffective.

Plekanec did nothing out there.

This team NEEDS another line to actually produce if they have any hope.

Tuggy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2013, 07:18 AM
lostriver

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisMenace View Post
Unfortunately this is the product of less than intelligent people running our organization.
Intelligence was not high on requirements list for those positions, speaking French was.

lostriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2013, 07:20 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticeBeaver View Post
Subban was just competing, yes maybe a cross check too many, but I'd rather see him giving somebody the business than trying his hardest to avoid a hit like a little girl.

I used to think Diaz was effective, but he hasn't done much to convince me as of lately, and Briere sure loves to admire his passes. I think pleks line could of been better but they held their own. Poor, poor patches .

Patches - Bournival - Gally
Chucky - Eller - Prusty
Bourque - Pleks - Gio

I want this.
The two penalities he got were ********* calls.

Did he go a bit too far on the 2nd one...maybe...but go watch a Boston game and guys like Charra and Marchant do that every game and don't get called. Charra is 6'8" or whatever and he's the king of the crosscheck but he rarely gets called. The 1st penality was beyond a joke, Subban shoves the guy into the boards with one arm and he gets "holding"??? Like WTF? How is a one arm push a hold...you can't be shoving a guy and holding him they are pretty much mutually exclsusive.

At the end of the day it was a very sloppy 1st that cost the Habs. Against weak ass teams you have to come oiut strong, take a lead and force them to open up...instead we gave them the lead and let them play a defensive shell, then MacDonald made 4-5 big saves to save the win. Still a game that could have gone either way, but it should not have been that close.

Monctonscout is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2013, 07:25 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuggy View Post
Well that was a frustrating game to watch. I thought the EGG line, Subban/Markov and Price all played good games.

Cube is just terrible and should not be playing. Diaz was also terrible.
I thought Briere played slightly better but still nothing great. Desharnais once again completely ineffective.

Plekanec did nothing out there.

This team NEEDS another line to actually produce if they have any hope.
Not sure where you get that, I thought both guys played well. Gorges didn't have his best game and Tinordi had a rough night. Subban had some good and not so good moments.

I thought Markov was our best player, not even close. Bouillon and Diaz were solid. Calling them out is pure bias. Some people on here hate certain players and call them out every game with no particular logic.

Old
10-10-2013, 07:28 AM
Tuggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctonscout View Post
I thought Markov was our best player, not even close. Bouillon and Diaz were solid. Calling them out is pure bias. Some people on here hate certain players and call them out every game with no particular logic.
I agree Markov played very good but disagree about the other two. I have no bias against anyone on the team.

Tuggy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2013, 07:28 AM
sventington

Man, what happened to Tinordi? In the preseason he would punish people who were trying to enter the Habs' defensive zone, but now he is as invisible as the rest of our poor defenders (Subban and Markov notwithstanding).

sventington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2013, 07:35 AM
Flyinghab

I'm sorry but we made Macdonald look like Rinne last night. The only pressure was from Subbs and the EGG line. Play the kids, send a message to these useless vets! What happened to our speed game last night? We looked lost, uninterested and unprepared!

Flyinghab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2013, 07:40 AM
domdo345

Bergeron (antichambre) hit it on the nail when he said our D's are too slow to follow the play and therefore close the gap in the neutral zone. I'm ready to live with the mistakes of Beaulieu now, for the long term benefits.

domdo345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2013, 07:48 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuggy View Post
I agree Markov played very good but disagree about the other two. I have no bias against anyone on the team.
What did Bouillon do, other than being 5'8" and 37 years old, to be called "terrible"?