HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

10-11-2013 | Home Sweet Home | Penguins @ Panthers

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-12-2013, 10:55 AM
  #776
Gordonx11
#CatsAreComing
 
Gordonx11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Kansas City, MO
Country: United States
Posts: 797
vCash: 500
Just some random thoughts on the game and season here. Mike Weaver is the most undervalued player on our team. Gilbert sucks. Oh and I love Upshall and Gomez so much. And one more thing I thought Gilroy was very good last night.

Gordonx11 is offline  
Old
10-12-2013, 11:01 AM
  #777
gizmo12688
#CatsAreComing
 
gizmo12688's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 7,215
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordonx11 View Post
Just some random thoughts on the game and season here. Mike Weaver is the most undervalued player on our team. Gilbert sucks. Oh and I love Upshall and Gomez so much. And one more thing I thought Gilroy was very good last night.
I'll say this about Upshall, he's definitely not worth his salary but when he's not injured he does hustle and attack the puck.

gizmo12688 is offline  
Old
10-12-2013, 11:18 AM
  #778
Beezeral
Registered User
 
Beezeral's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 2,863
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luis Gudbrunson View Post
Unfortunately... I think the "throwback" jerseys were the ones worn by the kids during the pregame presentation. With the names of '93 Panthers players on them. Which is nice... but lame.
Something to do with CCM owning the design rights to the jersey which resulted in both the players and kids not being able to wear the old jerseys.

Beezeral is online now  
Old
10-12-2013, 11:21 AM
  #779
Beezeral
Registered User
 
Beezeral's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 2,863
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KWGoon View Post
"Couldn't disagree more"....LOL. In other words, kulikov and anyone else should NEVER pass off the boards towards the middle. Always bang it along the boards. Even if there's a guy open. Even though it's a routine play, and often a preferred alternative. Even though Kuli could have made a little pass to the middle instead of trying to ram the puck through two penguins along the boards, which resulted in their third goal. Okay.
And the first goal was a result of an ill advised pass up the middle at the blue line. There were also multiple passes into the middle that resulted in scoring chances and goals in the games against STL and TB. This team has been extremely sloppy with the puck so far this season. Right now the thought process should be to keep it simple until the mistakes start to disappear

Beezeral is online now  
Old
10-12-2013, 11:35 AM
  #780
mbitonti
Registered User
 
mbitonti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 106
vCash: 500
Kinda of a sloppy game from both teams, but I'll take the W. Takeaways:

-Versteeg looks to be heating up, at least lets hope
-What a great buy Tallon made in Boyes. Boyes-Flash-Barky may end up being our best line this season
-This is why Weaver is my favorite defensemen on our team after Guds
-Campbell doesn't look like himself out there...not a good sign
-Marky looked great-goal one was a two on one, only so much he can do, especially against Malkin; goal two was probably knocked in by one of our defenseman and also the puck should have been cleared; goal three was a mix of poor defense, Sidney Crosby, and a great shot by Dupuis...**** happens
-If Shore is going to get scratched multiple games in a row he needs to be sent to AHL, this kid has got to play somewhere

Tough matchup against the Kings coming up. Unless we can get more physical and play better along the boards this could be a rough game. Hopefully Barch and Crabb are in

mbitonti is offline  
Old
10-12-2013, 11:50 AM
  #781
gizmo12688
#CatsAreComing
 
gizmo12688's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 7,215
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbitonti View Post
Kinda of a sloppy game from both teams, but I'll take the W. Takeaways:

-Versteeg looks to be heating up, at least lets hope
-What a great buy Tallon made in Boyes. Boyes-Flash-Barky may end up being our best line this season
-This is why Weaver is my favorite defensemen on our team after Guds
-Campbell doesn't look like himself out there...not a good sign
-Marky looked great-goal one was a two on one, only so much he can do, especially against Malkin; goal two was probably knocked in by one of our defenseman and also the puck should have been cleared; goal three was a mix of poor defense, Sidney Crosby, and a great shot by Dupuis...**** happens
-If Shore is going to get scratched multiple games in a row he needs to be sent to AHL, this kid has got to play somewhere

Tough matchup against the Kings coming up. Unless we can get more physical and play better along the boards this could be a rough game. Hopefully Barch and Crabb are in
Shore was sent down a few days ago

gizmo12688 is offline  
Old
10-12-2013, 12:20 PM
  #782
Boothinator
@MrBoothinator
 
Boothinator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Country: Germany
Posts: 2,502
vCash: 50
Never heard of this Barkov but he sure looks like a Calder candidate

Boothinator is offline  
Old
10-12-2013, 12:24 PM
  #783
JP Mick
Two Gallants
 
JP Mick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Homestead, FL
Posts: 5,384
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbitonti View Post
Kinda of a sloppy game from both teams, but I'll take the W. Takeaways:

-Versteeg looks to be heating up, at least lets hope
-What a great buy Tallon made in Boyes. Boyes-Flash-Barky may end up being our best line this season
-This is why Weaver is my favorite defensemen on our team after Guds
-Campbell doesn't look like himself out there...not a good sign
-Marky looked great-goal one was a two on one, only so much he can do, especially against Malkin; goal two was probably knocked in by one of our defenseman and also the puck should have been cleared; goal three was a mix of poor defense, Sidney Crosby, and a great shot by Dupuis...**** happens
-If Shore is going to get scratched multiple games in a row he needs to be sent to AHL, this kid has got to play somewhere

Tough matchup against the Kings coming up. Unless we can get more physical and play better along the boards this could be a rough game. Hopefully Barch and Crabb are in
Crabb was loaned to the Rampage, say hello to Bergenheim soon!

JP Mick is online now  
Old
10-12-2013, 12:25 PM
  #784
pb1300
#CatsAreComing
 
pb1300's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Aiyio, Greece
Country: Greece
Posts: 11,895
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to pb1300
Awesome pic from the arena yesterday:


pb1300 is offline  
Old
10-12-2013, 12:49 PM
  #785
Dread Clawz
LAWSonic Boom
 
Dread Clawz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Pennsylvania
Country: United States
Posts: 17,157
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbitonti View Post
Kinda of a sloppy game from both teams, but I'll take the W. Takeaways:

-Versteeg looks to be heating up, at least lets hope
-What a great buy Tallon made in Boyes. Boyes-Flash-Barky may end up being our best line this season
-This is why Weaver is my favorite defensemen on our team after Guds
-Campbell doesn't look like himself out there...not a good sign
-Marky looked great-goal one was a two on one, only so much he can do, especially against Malkin; goal two was probably knocked in by one of our defenseman and also the puck should have been cleared; goal three was a mix of poor defense, Sidney Crosby, and a great shot by Dupuis...**** happens
-If Shore is going to get scratched multiple games in a row he needs to be sent to AHL, this kid has got to play somewhere

Tough matchup against the Kings coming up. Unless we can get more physical and play better along the boards this could be a rough game. Hopefully Barch and Crabb are in
Yeah, the only goal you can really fault Markstrom for was the 3rd one, and that was a great play by Crosby and hard to read that quickly. Far from a weak goal. The bottom line is he never should have been put in that position. Kuli makes some really good plays and then some really bad plays. He's gotta find consistency, of course we've been saying that for years.

Dread Clawz is offline  
Old
10-12-2013, 12:57 PM
  #786
Dread Clawz
LAWSonic Boom
 
Dread Clawz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Pennsylvania
Country: United States
Posts: 17,157
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianPantherFan View Post
He was good Just to pick on my boy a bit: he's got to work on his angle control on odd man rushes and play more out of his crease. I know that's his gameplan, but he has to alter a bit. He's big, but does get beat being deep in his net a lot. Players at this level can pick the smallest of spots open by playing deep in the net. I think he needs to depend on his lateral movement more instead of always trying to let the puck play him. My opinion, I bet others disagree.
He does, but it does work for Lundqvist. I would like to see him get more technically sound, but it's not like it can't work for him either. It would be nice if he relied on his lateral movement more, and he's quicker than Lundqvist is.

Dread Clawz is offline  
Old
10-12-2013, 01:09 PM
  #787
Boooooth10
Registered User
 
Boooooth10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 7,237
vCash: 500
Here you can see the exact moment Huberdeau killed Orpik.



Boooooth10 is offline  
Old
10-12-2013, 01:13 PM
  #788
Transom Bob
Registered User
 
Transom Bob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,341
vCash: 500
Hey fellas... Panthers are my 3rd favourite team. Half my Canucks are ex Florida players. =)
So I come in peace and I bring questions as I'm starting to load my keeper league with Florida players. I bet you guys haven't heard that before. But I seriously dig the way your team is starting to shape up. Anyhow...

What are your top 2 lines looking like? This sounds close to what yesterdays roster was. I put Huberdeau on wing because he didn't take any face-offs, so I'm just guessing...

Fleischmann - Barkov - Boyes
Huberdeau - Gomez - Versteeg
  • How has Boyes looked so far? The points/cap hit looks great, so I'm interested in your observations. Is he playing the kind of hockey coaches like to see?
  • How about Huberdeau? I thought he started the season on the 1st line. Is he better suited as a secondary scoring option? Is there a fair chance he hits 50 points?
  • I just drafted Barkov yesterday 4th overall in our NHL Draft, and I was initially bummed, and then I read the Barkov thread, and turned into a fanboy. Think he's a pretty good bet for 50 points?

My league is strictly points based, so I don't need to worry about intangibles. Anyone feel free to answer one or all of my questions, and I will be eternally grateful.

Beezer already helped me out yesterday so if you're reading this, thanks a lot!

Transom Bob is offline  
Old
10-12-2013, 02:15 PM
  #789
hockeydude1
#CatsAreComing
 
hockeydude1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 3,483
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco Fingerhat View Post
Hey fellas... Panthers are my 3rd favourite team. Half my Canucks are ex Florida players. =)
So I come in peace and I bring questions as I'm starting to load my keeper league with Florida players. I bet you guys haven't heard that before. But I seriously dig the way your team is starting to shape up. Anyhow...

What are your top 2 lines looking like? This sounds close to what yesterdays roster was. I put Huberdeau on wing because he didn't take any face-offs, so I'm just guessing...

Fleischmann - Barkov - Boyes
Huberdeau - Gomez - Versteeg
  • How has Boyes looked so far? The points/cap hit looks great, so I'm interested in your observations. Is he playing the kind of hockey coaches like to see?
  • How about Huberdeau? I thought he started the season on the 1st line. Is he better suited as a secondary scoring option? Is there a fair chance he hits 50 points?
  • I just drafted Barkov yesterday 4th overall in our NHL Draft, and I was initially bummed, and then I read the Barkov thread, and turned into a fanboy. Think he's a pretty good bet for 50 points?

My league is strictly points based, so I don't need to worry about intangibles. Anyone feel free to answer one or all of my questions, and I will be eternally grateful.

Beezer already helped me out yesterday so if you're reading this, thanks a lot!
1) Boyes has impressed with Barkov. That duo is lighting it up. Tallon got us a steal there.
2) Huberdeau is doing good where he is. I think he should be a top line player. He's fine where he is though. He will put up at least 50 points this season.
3) Barkov has potential to get 50 points. He has definitely impressed. He's done more than anyone expected thus far. He had a great 3 point night as well last night.

hockeydude1 is offline  
Old
10-12-2013, 02:18 PM
  #790
Dread Clawz
LAWSonic Boom
 
Dread Clawz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Pennsylvania
Country: United States
Posts: 17,157
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco Fingerhat View Post
Hey fellas... Panthers are my 3rd favourite team. Half my Canucks are ex Florida players. =)
So I come in peace and I bring questions as I'm starting to load my keeper league with Florida players. I bet you guys haven't heard that before. But I seriously dig the way your team is starting to shape up. Anyhow...

What are your top 2 lines looking like? This sounds close to what yesterdays roster was. I put Huberdeau on wing because he didn't take any face-offs, so I'm just guessing...

Fleischmann - Barkov - Boyes
Huberdeau - Gomez - Versteeg
  • How has Boyes looked so far? The points/cap hit looks great, so I'm interested in your observations. Is he playing the kind of hockey coaches like to see?
  • How about Huberdeau? I thought he started the season on the 1st line. Is he better suited as a secondary scoring option? Is there a fair chance he hits 50 points?
  • I just drafted Barkov yesterday 4th overall in our NHL Draft, and I was initially bummed, and then I read the Barkov thread, and turned into a fanboy. Think he's a pretty good bet for 50 points?

My league is strictly points based, so I don't need to worry about intangibles. Anyone feel free to answer one or all of my questions, and I will be eternally grateful.

Beezer already helped me out yesterday so if you're reading this, thanks a lot!
Yes, those are the top two lines. I think the top two lines are pretty interchangeable, we don't have a line right now that you would clearly call the 1st line. Boyes has looked better than I expected. He'll never win a Selke, but he's almost starting to look like the old Brad Boyes. Far from a complete player, but a killer shot and soft hands.

I think anything less than 60 pts. this season would be a disappointment for Huby. I'm expecting 60+. I think Barkov will hit 50 pts. My expectations for him this season were high 40's/low 50's. I think he'll hit the higher end of that mark.

Dread Clawz is offline  
Old
10-12-2013, 03:14 PM
  #791
AaronEkbald
Registered User
 
AaronEkbald's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Boca Raton, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 7,043
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boooooth10 View Post
Here you can see the exact moment Huberdeau killed Orpik.


What a clown Orpik is..

AaronEkbald is offline  
Old
10-12-2013, 03:19 PM
  #792
AaronEkbald
Registered User
 
AaronEkbald's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Boca Raton, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 7,043
vCash: 500
I think Goc should get less time on the powerplay. Save him for the PK.

Powerplay lines should go something like this tomorrow and moving forward..

Huberdeau - Kopecky - Versteeg
Campbell - Kulikov

Boyes - Barkov - Fleischmann
Gudbranson - Gilbert

AaronEkbald is offline  
Old
10-12-2013, 03:24 PM
  #793
Mr Forever
The Oilers :(
 
Mr Forever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: COLLEGE
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,273
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pb1300 View Post
Awesome pic from the arena yesterday:

Nice to see. I'm an edmotonian and I traveled with my family to Florida a couple of years ago and went to a game, it was really fun, and a nice atmosphere. I really hope the Panthers can trend upwards with this young team and gain popularity in the city.

Mr Forever is offline  
Old
10-12-2013, 03:40 PM
  #794
CanadianPantherFan
#CatsAreComing
 
CanadianPantherFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,955
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pb1300 View Post
Im amazed at Barkov's composure, and just his overall game. There was a moment last night when he was in the corner with Malkin, and he just seemed to hold his own. I REALLY wanted MacKinnon at the draft, but the more Barkov I see, the more I like!
Same!

Someone also mentioned he beat Crosby in the faceoff circle last night.

CanadianPantherFan is offline  
Old
10-12-2013, 03:58 PM
  #795
Boothinator
@MrBoothinator
 
Boothinator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Country: Germany
Posts: 2,502
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Tibbles View Post
I think Goc should get less time on the powerplay. Save him for the PK.

Powerplay lines should go something like this tomorrow and moving forward..

Huberdeau - Kopecky - Versteeg
Campbell - Kulikov

Boyes - Barkov - Fleischmann
Gudbranson - Gilbert
Hopefully those two wont play together 5 on 5..

Boothinator is offline  
Old
10-12-2013, 04:00 PM
  #796
CanadianPantherFan
#CatsAreComing
 
CanadianPantherFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,955
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markstrom Rules View Post
He does, but it does work for Lundqvist. I would like to see him get more technically sound, but it's not like it can't work for him either. It would be nice if he relied on his lateral movement more, and he's quicker than Lundqvist is.
Ya King is my fav over the years, and I follow Swedish goalies a bit more than the average fan. I know it has worked for King over the years playing really deep in the net, and maybe where Markstrom gets it from. He is more agile and bigger than King though, kind of want him to be more aggressive because of those two assets. It could come over time too when his confidence continues to build.

CanadianPantherFan is offline  
Old
10-12-2013, 04:01 PM
  #797
Transom Bob
Registered User
 
Transom Bob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,341
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markstrom Rules View Post
...
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeydude1 View Post
...
Awesome info! I hope Boyes finds a permanent home with you guys, he seems like a good fit. Good luck tomorrow.

Transom Bob is offline  
Old
10-12-2013, 04:34 PM
  #798
KW
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Country: Finland
Posts: 2,329
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beezeral View Post
And the first goal was a result of an ill advised pass up the middle at the blue line. There were also multiple passes into the middle that resulted in scoring chances and goals in the games against STL and TB. This team has been extremely sloppy with the puck so far this season. Right now the thought process should be to keep it simple until the mistakes start to disappear
Actually it wasn't. Goc coughed up a perfectly reasonable possession. What it did have in common with Kulikov's play was trying to for e the puck through a pair of legs. In both cases there was time to make a decent play as well, but the players just screwed up.

KW is offline  
Old
10-12-2013, 04:59 PM
  #799
mbitonti
Registered User
 
mbitonti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 106
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Tibbles View Post
I think Goc should get less time on the powerplay. Save him for the PK.

Powerplay lines should go something like this tomorrow and moving forward..

Huberdeau - Kopecky - Versteeg
Campbell - Kulikov

Boyes - Barkov - Fleischmann
Gudbranson - Gilbert
I agree, Goc is doing better than I expected but he definitely doesn't deserve to be on the pp unless its down to the wire and we just need a faceoff win. He's much better suited on the pk. Only thing I would switch is Kulikov and Guds.

mbitonti is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:59 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.