Loui Eriksson

Closed Thread

Old
10-12-2013, 07:56 AM
2ka RasK*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pgm16 View Post
Soon people will be combining Kessel & Seguin's stats to compare them with Erikkson's.....
Just Eriksson playoff stats

sel 22gp 1g 5a 6pts 0pim

nhl 22gp 4g 5a 9pts 8pim

Old
10-12-2013, 07:59 AM
smithformeragent

Send a message via AIM to smithformeragent
I reserve judgment until the playoffs.

10-12-2013, 08:04 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ka RasK View Post
Just Eriksson playoff stats

sel 22gp 1g 5a 6pts 0pim

nhl 22gp 4g 5a 9pts 8pim
It isn`t just about stats, but if ya wanna go there lest we forget that Segs huge (that`s sarcasm) playoff stats were bolstered by a nice few games against the Bolts in the Cup run with 6pts in a 2 game stretch, so.......let`s say he`s played 40 other games, tallying 12pts while staying up late to play in the disco`s

Old
10-12-2013, 08:05 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithformeragent View Post
I reserve judgment until the playoffs.
Reason

The Stars have won this trade, lock this puppy up smith

Old
10-12-2013, 08:07 AM
Oates2Neely

I remember reading somewhere that Chiarelli was trying to trade Seguin to Calgary so the B's could draft Monahan. Kid putting pucks in the net, 4 in his last 4 games.

Loui will start scoring, and his stellar defensive abilities will be great in the playoffs.

Old
10-12-2013, 08:10 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oates2Neely View Post
I remember reading somewhere that Chiarelli was trying to trade Seguin to Calgary so the B's could draft Monahan. Kid putting pucks in the net, 4 in his last 4 games.

Loui will start scoring, and his stellar defensive abilities will be great in the playoffs.
Watched the Habs/Flames tilt the other night, the kid is just in the right place all the time, instinct and great coaching from Chris Byrne in Ottawa. When a 67 makes the leap to the pro`s, you know one thing, that kid has already been taught the importance of 3 zone play and SM seems to have made it impossible for the Flames to send him back to Ottawa

Old
10-12-2013, 08:14 AM
BrainOfJ
\_(ツ)_/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oates2Neely View Post

Monahan and Gaudreau. Decent pull definitely....but Monahan is a center by every definition.

Old
10-12-2013, 08:21 AM
2ka RasK*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODAAT View Post
It isn`t just about stats, but if ya wanna go there lest we forget that Segs huge (that`s sarcasm) playoff stats were bolstered by a nice few games against the Bolts in the Cup run with 6pts in a 2 game stretch, so.......let`s say he`s played 40 other games, tallying 12pts while staying up late to play in the disco`s
Nah, I'm not into minimizing contributions from any players to a Boston Bruins Stanley Cup winning team. Not my style. I'm just grateful that I got to witness it in my lifetime.

I also think Eriksson will do well here given time. We shall see though.

Old
10-12-2013, 08:23 AM
Seidenbergy

This will just be one more example of certain "fans" rooting against players on their own team just so they can feel like they won an argument and rub it in others' faces.

Old
10-12-2013, 08:31 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ka RasK View Post
Nah, I'm not into minimizing contributions from any players to a Boston Bruins Stanley Cup winning team. Not my style. I'm just grateful that I got to witness it in my lifetime.

I also think Eriksson will do well here given time. We shall see though.
Yep, what I love most is this organization has a clear mandate, NOBODY is bigger than the team, and there is a clear message that this team goes about it`s business in one way, professionally, and if you can`t or won`t adhere to it, adios amigo. Does it mean talent will be sacrificed at times?? Possibly, but the message it sends pays off in spades IMO, and when it comes time to sign UFA`s as an example, every one of them knows where this organization stands, and I think they respect that, topped with the fact this team has now been one of the last two standing and you have the recipe for some nice successes

Old
10-12-2013, 08:37 AM
BadBruins

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODAAT View Post
People say it's not about stats, but we all know it plays a major factor in how we view performance. Tyler Seguin had a number of really strong games in the playoffs last year without registering a point. The reality is he's a top-6 forward getting paid to produce points (he was still on an ELC last year). Eriksson is in the same boat as much as some claim him to be otherwise. I've brought up his playoff stats and the fact that he's among the leagues least physical players since the lockout (in terms of delivering body contact). We'll see, but it doesn't surprise me that post-season hockey hasn't been kind to him in the past.

3 games isn't enough to judge, but he's going to have to pick up the compete if he wants to succeed here. I don't buy the "system" garbage for one second. He'll be fine though. Bergeron and Marchand need to lead the charge, as their typical pace hasn't been there yet this season.

It's a well known fact that hockey players peak both physically and mentally at the age of 20/21. We'll see an upward trend in all areas of the game with Seguin for the next 4 or 5 years before he levels off IMO. Just like Thornton and Kessel.

Old
10-12-2013, 08:41 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadBruins View Post
People say it's not about stats, but we all know it plays a major factor in how we view performance. Tyler Seguin had a number of really strong games in the playoffs last year without registering a point. The reality is he's a top-6 forward getting paid to produce points (he was still on an ELC last year). Eriksson is in the same boat as much as some claim him to be otherwise. I've brought up his playoff stats and the fact that he's among the leagues least physical players since the lockout (in terms of delivering body contact). We'll see, but it doesn't surprise me that post-season hockey hasn't been kind to him in the past.

3 games isn't enough to judge, but he's going to have to pick up the compete if he wants to succeed here. I don't buy the "system" garbage for one second. He'll be fine though. Bergeron and Marchand need to lead the charge, as their typical pace hasn't been there yet this season.

It's a well known fact that hockey players peak both physically and mentally at the age of 20/21. We'll see an upward trend in all areas of the game with Seguin for the next 4 or 5 years before he levels off IMO. Just like Thornton and Kessel.
I`m of the belief that it isn`t "all" about stats, when your paid 6 mill, you don`t have to be a 2ppg guy, but what Segs posted isn`t acceptable.

Curious as to what it is you don`t buy about the system?? EVERY player that has jumped on board here has stated emphatically that the system Julien has set up is unique, there just isn`t one like it in the league which would explain the success he`s had employing it. And again, EVERY one of those players (especially Pevs and Kelly) stated that it took them about a month to feel 100% comfortable with it. I know Loui had training camp, but IMO, when it comes to this type of thing, you just can`t simulate regular season in game scenario`s with pre-season games where opponents have half their regulars out.

He`ll be fine, I find it funny that the only place there seems to be concern is right here on good ol HF...Julien/Loui have expressed none and I`m not one bit worried either

Old
10-12-2013, 08:45 AM
Salem13

Eriksson = nothing

Smith = 1 lousy assist

At least Morrow has a goal in the AHL!

...as for Dallas, Seguin has 2 goals and 3 assists while Peverlay has an assist after missing the first game due health concerns.

I'd say we have been fleeced!

and

I'm much happier with this team going forward with no concern of how former players are doing as I believe regardless the right choices for the team interest were made.

Old
10-12-2013, 09:17 AM
Kate08

It makes me laughs that on the one hand, you have people going out of heir way to give Loui **** for a "slow start" (ridiculous, IMO)' and in the same thread have people going out of their way to minimize the game Seguin had.

Eriksson hasn't shown up on the scoresheet. Seguin had a monster game. Both are facts. You know what that tells us in terms of who "won" the trade?

Absolutely ****ing nothing.

Old
10-12-2013, 09:24 AM
KrejciMVP

I want to play Spooner on a line. with Ericcson. Bart should also be playing. And people wonder why the offense isn't clicking lol.

Old
10-12-2013, 09:33 AM
EverettMike

He has been mediocre, but not lazy.

It is three games. The **** cares? Let us wait 30 games for an initial analysis.

I would like to see him play with Krejci though instead of as Bergeron.

Old
10-12-2013, 09:39 AM
BrainOfJ
\_(ツ)_/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate08 View Post
It makes me laughs that on the one hand, you have people going out of heir way to give Loui **** for a "slow start" (ridiculous, IMO)' and in the same thread have people going out of their way to minimize the game Seguin had.

Eriksson hasn't shown up on the scoresheet. Seguin had a monster game. Both are facts. You know what that tells us in terms of who "won" the trade?

Absolutely ****ing nothing.
Preach it sister

Old
10-12-2013, 09:50 AM
KaptainKrug
My name is Pete

vCash: 50
For the record his name is spelled Eriksson not Erikkson, see so many people misspell his name.

Old
10-12-2013, 10:05 AM
Dellstrom
Pastrnasty

vCash: 1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by EverettMike View Post
He has been mediocre, but not lazy.

It is three games. The **** cares? Let us wait 30 games for an initial analysis.

I would like to see him play with Krejci though instead of as Bergeron.
I wanted to see him with Krejci as well. A Lucic-Krejci-Eriksson line sounds pretty damn awesome. But I think the KIL line is a really good fit. Both should click really soon. Wouldn't be surprised if we saw Loui and Iggy switched a couple of times through the season, though. Especially if (and when) we have some trouble offensively.

It's tough to come onto a new team that has a winning culture and just jump right in, especially coming from 10+ years in Dallas and Calgary (no offense). I know Iggy was on the Pens for a couple of months, but you get it. Dallas/Calgary/Pittsburgh all play VERY different styles than the Bruins. For Loui, at a different position, too. Iggy is a notoriously slow starter and everyone has cold streaks, Eriksson is still getting his chemistry together. They'll be absolutely fine. This thread will be long since dead or the tone will change pretty damn soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruinswillwin77 View Post
For the record his name is spelled Eriksson not Erikkson, see so many people misspell his name.
You also see Erickson/Ericksson a lot, so many ways.

Old
10-12-2013, 10:12 AM
ReggieMoto

Send a message via Yahoo to ReggieMoto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruinswillwin77 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dellstrom View Post
You also see Erickson/Ericksson a lot, so many ways.
It might help if folks thought of it as Erik's son: Eriksson. That seems to work for just about any Swede's name with "son" in it.

Old
10-12-2013, 10:17 AM
BNHL

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadBruins View Post

No way do they peak mentally and physically at 20-21,no friggin way. More like 24-28 where most players hit their best seasons,when talent,physicality and experience all merge at the top of the triangle.

Old
10-12-2013, 10:25 AM
Dr Quincy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dellstrom View Post

It's tough to come onto a new team that has a winning culture and just jump right in, especially coming from 10+ years in Dallas and Calgary (no offense). I know Iggy was on the Pens for a couple of months, but you get it. Dallas/Calgary/Pittsburgh all play VERY different styles than the Bruins.
Actually, Calgary, when coach by Sutter, played a very similar style to Boston, so I would imagine Iginla is pretty used to it.

Old
10-12-2013, 10:29 AM
TRask

Put him back at lw and see instant results/improvment.

Eriksson-Krejci-Iginla
Lucic-Bergeron-Marchand
Soderberg-Kelly-Caron
Paille-Campbell-Smith

Old
10-12-2013, 10:30 AM
KaptainKrug
My name is Pete

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReggieMoto View Post
It might help if folks thought of it as Erik's son: Eriksson. That seems to work for just about any Swede's name with "son" in it.
I just remembered it when we first got him in the thinking of *No C's, 1 K, 2 S's.*

Old
10-12-2013, 10:31 AM
KaptainKrug
My name is Pete

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRask View Post
Put him back at lw and see instant results/improvment.

Eriksson-Krejci-Iginla
Lucic-Bergeron-Marchand
Soderberg-Kelly-Caron
Paille-Campbell-Smith
Marchand would have to play off wing but he has shown to be decent on that side.

Closed Thread