HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Loui Eriksson

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-12-2013, 07:56 AM
  #101
2ka RasK*
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Massachusetts
Country: United States
Posts: 1,395
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pgm16 View Post
Soon people will be combining Kessel & Seguin's stats to compare them with Erikkson's.....
Just Eriksson playoff stats

sel 22gp 1g 5a 6pts 0pim

nhl 22gp 4g 5a 9pts 8pim

2ka RasK* is offline  
Old
10-12-2013, 07:59 AM
  #102
smithformeragent
Moderator
 
smithformeragent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Manchester NH
Country: United States
Posts: 15,158
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to smithformeragent
I reserve judgment until the playoffs.

__________________
"It's definitely exciting any time you get a chance to get back behind a bench. I couldn't ask for more."
smithformeragent is online now  
Old
10-12-2013, 08:04 AM
  #103
ODAAT
Registered User
 
ODAAT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 36,571
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ka RasK View Post
Just Eriksson playoff stats

sel 22gp 1g 5a 6pts 0pim

nhl 22gp 4g 5a 9pts 8pim
It isn`t just about stats, but if ya wanna go there lest we forget that Segs huge (that`s sarcasm) playoff stats were bolstered by a nice few games against the Bolts in the Cup run with 6pts in a 2 game stretch, so.......let`s say he`s played 40 other games, tallying 12pts while staying up late to play in the disco`s

ODAAT is offline  
Old
10-12-2013, 08:05 AM
  #104
ODAAT
Registered User
 
ODAAT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 36,571
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by smithformeragent View Post
I reserve judgment until the playoffs.
Reason

The Stars have won this trade, lock this puppy up smith

ODAAT is offline  
Old
10-12-2013, 08:07 AM
  #105
Oates2Neely
Registered User
 
Oates2Neely's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Massachusetts
Country: United States
Posts: 10,726
vCash: 500
I remember reading somewhere that Chiarelli was trying to trade Seguin to Calgary so the B's could draft Monahan. Kid putting pucks in the net, 4 in his last 4 games.

Loui will start scoring, and his stellar defensive abilities will be great in the playoffs.

Oates2Neely is offline  
Old
10-12-2013, 08:10 AM
  #106
ODAAT
Registered User
 
ODAAT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 36,571
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oates2Neely View Post
I remember reading somewhere that Chiarelli was trying to trade Seguin to Calgary so the B's could draft Monahan. Kid putting pucks in the net, 4 in his last 4 games.

Loui will start scoring, and his stellar defensive abilities will be great in the playoffs.
Watched the Habs/Flames tilt the other night, the kid is just in the right place all the time, instinct and great coaching from Chris Byrne in Ottawa. When a 67 makes the leap to the pro`s, you know one thing, that kid has already been taught the importance of 3 zone play and SM seems to have made it impossible for the Flames to send him back to Ottawa

ODAAT is offline  
Old
10-12-2013, 08:14 AM
  #107
BrainOfJ
\_(ツ)_/
 
BrainOfJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Wherever Griffith is
Country: United States
Posts: 20,637
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oates2Neely View Post
I remember reading somewhere that Chiarelli was trying to trade Seguin to Calgary so the B's could draft Monahan. Kid putting pucks in the net, 4 in his last 4 games.

Loui will start scoring, and his stellar defensive abilities will be great in the playoffs.
Monahan and Gaudreau. Decent pull definitely....but Monahan is a center by every definition.

BrainOfJ is offline  
Old
10-12-2013, 08:21 AM
  #108
2ka RasK*
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Massachusetts
Country: United States
Posts: 1,395
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ODAAT View Post
It isn`t just about stats, but if ya wanna go there lest we forget that Segs huge (that`s sarcasm) playoff stats were bolstered by a nice few games against the Bolts in the Cup run with 6pts in a 2 game stretch, so.......let`s say he`s played 40 other games, tallying 12pts while staying up late to play in the disco`s
Nah, I'm not into minimizing contributions from any players to a Boston Bruins Stanley Cup winning team. Not my style. I'm just grateful that I got to witness it in my lifetime.

I also think Eriksson will do well here given time. We shall see though.

2ka RasK* is offline  
Old
10-12-2013, 08:23 AM
  #109
Seidenbergy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 3,312
vCash: 500
This will just be one more example of certain "fans" rooting against players on their own team just so they can feel like they won an argument and rub it in others' faces.

Seidenbergy is offline  
Old
10-12-2013, 08:31 AM
  #110
ODAAT
Registered User
 
ODAAT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 36,571
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ka RasK View Post
Nah, I'm not into minimizing contributions from any players to a Boston Bruins Stanley Cup winning team. Not my style. I'm just grateful that I got to witness it in my lifetime.

I also think Eriksson will do well here given time. We shall see though.
Yep, what I love most is this organization has a clear mandate, NOBODY is bigger than the team, and there is a clear message that this team goes about it`s business in one way, professionally, and if you can`t or won`t adhere to it, adios amigo. Does it mean talent will be sacrificed at times?? Possibly, but the message it sends pays off in spades IMO, and when it comes time to sign UFA`s as an example, every one of them knows where this organization stands, and I think they respect that, topped with the fact this team has now been one of the last two standing and you have the recipe for some nice successes

ODAAT is offline  
Old
10-12-2013, 08:37 AM
  #111
BadBruins
Registered User
 
BadBruins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: PEI
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,557
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ODAAT View Post
It isn`t just about stats, but if ya wanna go there lest we forget that Segs huge (that`s sarcasm) playoff stats were bolstered by a nice few games against the Bolts in the Cup run with 6pts in a 2 game stretch, so.......let`s say he`s played 40 other games, tallying 12pts while staying up late to play in the disco`s
People say it's not about stats, but we all know it plays a major factor in how we view performance. Tyler Seguin had a number of really strong games in the playoffs last year without registering a point. The reality is he's a top-6 forward getting paid to produce points (he was still on an ELC last year). Eriksson is in the same boat as much as some claim him to be otherwise. I've brought up his playoff stats and the fact that he's among the leagues least physical players since the lockout (in terms of delivering body contact). We'll see, but it doesn't surprise me that post-season hockey hasn't been kind to him in the past.

3 games isn't enough to judge, but he's going to have to pick up the compete if he wants to succeed here. I don't buy the "system" garbage for one second. He'll be fine though. Bergeron and Marchand need to lead the charge, as their typical pace hasn't been there yet this season.

It's a well known fact that hockey players peak both physically and mentally at the age of 20/21. We'll see an upward trend in all areas of the game with Seguin for the next 4 or 5 years before he levels off IMO. Just like Thornton and Kessel.

BadBruins is offline  
Old
10-12-2013, 08:41 AM
  #112
ODAAT
Registered User
 
ODAAT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 36,571
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadBruins View Post
People say it's not about stats, but we all know it plays a major factor in how we view performance. Tyler Seguin had a number of really strong games in the playoffs last year without registering a point. The reality is he's a top-6 forward getting paid to produce points (he was still on an ELC last year). Eriksson is in the same boat as much as some claim him to be otherwise. I've brought up his playoff stats and the fact that he's among the leagues least physical players since the lockout (in terms of delivering body contact). We'll see, but it doesn't surprise me that post-season hockey hasn't been kind to him in the past.

3 games isn't enough to judge, but he's going to have to pick up the compete if he wants to succeed here. I don't buy the "system" garbage for one second. He'll be fine though. Bergeron and Marchand need to lead the charge, as their typical pace hasn't been there yet this season.

It's a well known fact that hockey players peak both physically and mentally at the age of 20/21. We'll see an upward trend in all areas of the game with Seguin for the next 4 or 5 years before he levels off IMO. Just like Thornton and Kessel.
I`m of the belief that it isn`t "all" about stats, when your paid 6 mill, you don`t have to be a 2ppg guy, but what Segs posted isn`t acceptable.

Curious as to what it is you don`t buy about the system?? EVERY player that has jumped on board here has stated emphatically that the system Julien has set up is unique, there just isn`t one like it in the league which would explain the success he`s had employing it. And again, EVERY one of those players (especially Pevs and Kelly) stated that it took them about a month to feel 100% comfortable with it. I know Loui had training camp, but IMO, when it comes to this type of thing, you just can`t simulate regular season in game scenario`s with pre-season games where opponents have half their regulars out.

He`ll be fine, I find it funny that the only place there seems to be concern is right here on good ol HF...Julien/Loui have expressed none and I`m not one bit worried either

ODAAT is offline  
Old
10-12-2013, 08:45 AM
  #113
Salem13
Registered User
 
Salem13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Salem,Mass
Country: United States
Posts: 3,970
vCash: 500
Eriksson = nothing

Smith = 1 lousy assist

At least Morrow has a goal in the AHL!

...as for Dallas, Seguin has 2 goals and 3 assists while Peverlay has an assist after missing the first game due health concerns.

I'd say we have been fleeced!











and




I'm much happier with this team going forward with no concern of how former players are doing as I believe regardless the right choices for the team interest were made.

Salem13 is offline  
Old
10-12-2013, 09:17 AM
  #114
Kate08
Registered User
 
Kate08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Medford MA
Country: United States
Posts: 18,613
vCash: 500
It makes me laughs that on the one hand, you have people going out of heir way to give Loui **** for a "slow start" (ridiculous, IMO)' and in the same thread have people going out of their way to minimize the game Seguin had.

Eriksson hasn't shown up on the scoresheet. Seguin had a monster game. Both are facts. You know what that tells us in terms of who "won" the trade?

Absolutely ****ing nothing.

Kate08 is offline  
Old
10-12-2013, 09:24 AM
  #115
KrejciMVP
Registered User
 
KrejciMVP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Montreal, Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,310
vCash: 500
I want to play Spooner on a line. with Ericcson. Bart should also be playing. And people wonder why the offense isn't clicking lol.

KrejciMVP is offline  
Old
10-12-2013, 09:33 AM
  #116
EverettMike
Registered User
 
EverettMike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Everett, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 28,971
vCash: 500
He has been mediocre, but not lazy.

It is three games. The **** cares? Let us wait 30 games for an initial analysis.

I would like to see him play with Krejci though instead of as Bergeron.

EverettMike is offline  
Old
10-12-2013, 09:39 AM
  #117
BrainOfJ
\_(ツ)_/
 
BrainOfJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Wherever Griffith is
Country: United States
Posts: 20,637
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate08 View Post
It makes me laughs that on the one hand, you have people going out of heir way to give Loui **** for a "slow start" (ridiculous, IMO)' and in the same thread have people going out of their way to minimize the game Seguin had.

Eriksson hasn't shown up on the scoresheet. Seguin had a monster game. Both are facts. You know what that tells us in terms of who "won" the trade?

Absolutely ****ing nothing.
Preach it sister

BrainOfJ is offline  
Old
10-12-2013, 09:50 AM
  #118
KaptainKrug
My name is Pete
 
KaptainKrug's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Hooksett, NH
Country: United States
Posts: 8,939
vCash: 50
For the record his name is spelled Eriksson not Erikkson, see so many people misspell his name.

KaptainKrug is offline  
Old
10-12-2013, 10:05 AM
  #119
Dellstrom
Pastrnasty
 
Dellstrom's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Boston
Country: United States
Posts: 22,078
vCash: 1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by EverettMike View Post
He has been mediocre, but not lazy.

It is three games. The **** cares? Let us wait 30 games for an initial analysis.

I would like to see him play with Krejci though instead of as Bergeron.
I wanted to see him with Krejci as well. A Lucic-Krejci-Eriksson line sounds pretty damn awesome. But I think the KIL line is a really good fit. Both should click really soon. Wouldn't be surprised if we saw Loui and Iggy switched a couple of times through the season, though. Especially if (and when) we have some trouble offensively.

It's tough to come onto a new team that has a winning culture and just jump right in, especially coming from 10+ years in Dallas and Calgary (no offense). I know Iggy was on the Pens for a couple of months, but you get it. Dallas/Calgary/Pittsburgh all play VERY different styles than the Bruins. For Loui, at a different position, too. Iggy is a notoriously slow starter and everyone has cold streaks, Eriksson is still getting his chemistry together. They'll be absolutely fine. This thread will be long since dead or the tone will change pretty damn soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruinswillwin77 View Post
For the record his name is spelled Eriksson not Erikkson, see so many people misspell his name.
You also see Erickson/Ericksson a lot, so many ways.

Dellstrom is online now  
Old
10-12-2013, 10:12 AM
  #120
ReggieMoto
Registered User
 
ReggieMoto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Manchester, NH
Country: United States
Posts: 5,542
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to ReggieMoto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruinswillwin77 View Post
For the record his name is spelled Eriksson not Erikkson, see so many people misspell his name.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dellstrom View Post
You also see Erickson/Ericksson a lot, so many ways.
It might help if folks thought of it as Erik's son: Eriksson. That seems to work for just about any Swede's name with "son" in it.

ReggieMoto is online now  
Old
10-12-2013, 10:17 AM
  #121
BNHL
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Boston
Country: United States
Posts: 17,572
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadBruins View Post
People say it's not about stats, but we all know it plays a major factor in how we view performance. Tyler Seguin had a number of really strong games in the playoffs last year without registering a point. The reality is he's a top-6 forward getting paid to produce points (he was still on an ELC last year). Eriksson is in the same boat as much as some claim him to be otherwise. I've brought up his playoff stats and the fact that he's among the leagues least physical players since the lockout (in terms of delivering body contact). We'll see, but it doesn't surprise me that post-season hockey hasn't been kind to him in the past.

3 games isn't enough to judge, but he's going to have to pick up the compete if he wants to succeed here. I don't buy the "system" garbage for one second. He'll be fine though. Bergeron and Marchand need to lead the charge, as their typical pace hasn't been there yet this season.

It's a well known fact that hockey players peak both physically and mentally at the age of 20/21. We'll see an upward trend in all areas of the game with Seguin for the next 4 or 5 years before he levels off IMO. Just like Thornton and Kessel.
No way do they peak mentally and physically at 20-21,no friggin way. More like 24-28 where most players hit their best seasons,when talent,physicality and experience all merge at the top of the triangle.

BNHL is offline  
Old
10-12-2013, 10:25 AM
  #122
Dr Quincy
Registered User
 
Dr Quincy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 19,716
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dellstrom View Post

It's tough to come onto a new team that has a winning culture and just jump right in, especially coming from 10+ years in Dallas and Calgary (no offense). I know Iggy was on the Pens for a couple of months, but you get it. Dallas/Calgary/Pittsburgh all play VERY different styles than the Bruins.
Actually, Calgary, when coach by Sutter, played a very similar style to Boston, so I would imagine Iginla is pretty used to it.

Dr Quincy is offline  
Old
10-12-2013, 10:29 AM
  #123
TRask
Registered User
 
TRask's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 855
vCash: 500
Put him back at lw and see instant results/improvment.

Eriksson-Krejci-Iginla
Lucic-Bergeron-Marchand
Soderberg-Kelly-Caron
Paille-Campbell-Smith

TRask is offline  
Old
10-12-2013, 10:30 AM
  #124
KaptainKrug
My name is Pete
 
KaptainKrug's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Hooksett, NH
Country: United States
Posts: 8,939
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReggieMoto View Post
It might help if folks thought of it as Erik's son: Eriksson. That seems to work for just about any Swede's name with "son" in it.
I just remembered it when we first got him in the thinking of *No C's, 1 K, 2 S's.*

KaptainKrug is offline  
Old
10-12-2013, 10:31 AM
  #125
KaptainKrug
My name is Pete
 
KaptainKrug's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Hooksett, NH
Country: United States
Posts: 8,939
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRask View Post
Put him back at lw and see instant results/improvment.

Eriksson-Krejci-Iginla
Lucic-Bergeron-Marchand
Soderberg-Kelly-Caron
Paille-Campbell-Smith
Marchand would have to play off wing but he has shown to be decent on that side.

KaptainKrug is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:28 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2017 All Rights Reserved.