HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Your views on Dallas Eakins so far

Closed Thread

Old
01-16-2014, 09:38 PM
GMofOilers

vCash: 500
Don't know how anyone can defend this guy anymore. Blame Lowe, blame the players, etc but Eakins is the one in charge here. He's been embarrassing

Old
01-16-2014, 09:39 PM
cyril*
Losers cheer for..

If your goal is to lose, Eakins is the greatest coach of all time!

Old
01-16-2014, 09:40 PM
procombo

Fire him !!! I was so mad after they lost to Dallas. Then MacT made two minor changes and I was so pumped for this game. But of course everything remains the same

Oilers have to do massive amounts of work to get one goal (cause other teams defend so much better), but the opposing team can pot few easy ones without much of a effort (cause Oilers cant defend at all).

Old
01-16-2014, 09:40 PM
Pablo Aimar

Will MacTavish swallow his pride and admit that this guy doesn't have a clue?

Old
01-16-2014, 09:42 PM
Soundwave

I don't think Laviolette would make us a good team per se, but I think he would improve several things. Eakins unfortunately was just a terrible hire (unless the plan was to get Ekblad, in which case it's worked beautifully).

Old
01-16-2014, 09:42 PM
DeathbyCheerios

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMofOilers View Post
His system lets in 4 goals a game!!! Half way through no changes to it, just keep over coaching
His system has allowed 4+ goals in 30/50 games.
We have allowed 3+ goals in 42/50 games.
There has been 8 games this weekend that we haven't been **** on completely. Thats it.

Old
01-16-2014, 09:44 PM
harpoon
FOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablo Aimar View Post
That's really the only question.

Old
01-16-2014, 09:46 PM
PETRYDISH

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablo Aimar View Post
Hopefully. This is the only problem I have with MacT, bringing in Eakins.

Old
01-16-2014, 09:51 PM
dem

The sad thing is.. Eakins wont be going anywhere.

He is not fireable.. just because of optics.

Old
01-16-2014, 10:17 PM
Consultant

These 50 games are enough. It's been the toughest 50 games of my 30+ years watching this team. I would have loved for Eakins to have worked out, liked his intro conference, I was sold too, but these have not been good times. Surely he taught them some things but its time to fold this hand. I'd fire him today, MacT coach until the Olympic break, assess group, then look to hire during the Olympics, maybe even bring back Krueger after he's done helping Canada win the Olympics. I'd like Krueger with his full choosing of assistants. Improve this year and be in a better place to enter next season. Our players are better than this.

This needs to start tomorrow, noon with a MacT press conference. Or better yet, now. MacT go fire up the Skype.

Old
01-16-2014, 10:19 PM
hallsyoilerforever

Astounding he blamed Yak for a goal as well. Yet Gags gets ice time freely. **** you Eakins.

Old
01-16-2014, 10:20 PM
oobga
Tier 2 Fan

vCash: 590
Yeah, so, this is our first month of the season that kind of looks like what Krueger had to deal with all last year.

Oilers are 0-6-0 and were outscored 11-29 in our games vs western teams this month.

GO Eakins GO!

Old
01-16-2014, 10:23 PM
Shizuka

If you fire the coach again, that will be what... 5th coach in 6 seasons or something? As if this organization isn't already the laughingstock of the entire league, led by the clown prince up top. MacT is a smart guy, and I trust him as a hockey mind far more than everyone else in the organization, but at that point it becomes pure parody to fire yet another head coach. He's been given a 4 year mandate and I very much doubt he goes, unless MacT is also getting let go (something I cannot see).

I don't like his view on Yakupov, nor how he treats the vets like gold who cannot be benched/PB'ed -- he talked all kinds of garbage about holding everyone accountable to one standard, but that isn't happening. Don't ******** people, Eakins.

Old
01-16-2014, 10:24 PM
shogun99

Quote:
Originally Posted by hallsyoilerforever View Post
Astounding he blamed Yak for a goal as well. Yet Gags gets ice time freely. **** you Eakins.
Which goal? The one where Yakupov's head got smashed into the boards?

Old
01-16-2014, 10:26 PM
hallsyoilerforever

Quote:
Originally Posted by shogun99 View Post
Which goal? The one where Yakupov's head got smashed into the boards?
Pretty much that one play Yak did, which resulted in him getting hurt. Such a scum.

Old
01-16-2014, 10:30 PM
duul

There is a reason this guy was highly coveted around the league. He's a good coach, and unfortunately we are in a rebuild and it takes time to acquire all the correct pieces. Give MacT some more time to improve the squad. He has already improved our team dramatically since becoming the GM and will continue to do so until we are at the top of the standings. Kudos to Lowe for this hire.

Old
01-16-2014, 10:31 PM
n7

Quote:
Originally Posted by duul View Post
There is a reason this guy was highly coveted around the league. He's a good coach
Ahahahhahahhahahahaahahahahaaa

Good one.

I truely hope that was sarcasm.

Old
01-16-2014, 10:40 PM
Butane Fan

Hmm this coach is so effin passive but he likes to pile it on Yak. Why in the hell did Maracin see the ice after his gaffe in the 3rd.

Old
01-16-2014, 10:41 PM
oobga
Tier 2 Fan

Quote:
There is a reason this guy was highly coveted around the league. He's a good coach, and unfortunately we are in a rebuild and it takes time to acquire all the correct pieces. Give MacT some more time to improve the squad. He has already improved our team dramatically since becoming the GM and will continue to do so until we are at the top of the standings. Kudos to Lowe for this hire.
lol. on pace for 57 points, worse oiler season of all time.

Old
01-16-2014, 10:42 PM
oobga
Tier 2 Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hallsyoilerforever View Post
Pretty much that one play Yak did, which resulted in him getting hurt. Such a scum.
Damn that Yak. No other oiler would ever turn the puck over in the offensive end. I guess it was Yak's mind powers that made Eberle stand off to the side and watch Minny get 3 extra shots on Scrivens after the initial one, and also made Ference stand straight up clueless of what was happening around him? Crazy.

Old
01-16-2014, 10:43 PM
Neatman

Eakins is arrogant, classless, and incompetent. He's the worst qualities you could have for a leader bundled into one person.

I dont give a **** if it looks bad, he needs to be fired. If Mac T favors the optics over having a winning club, then this franchise can **** itself. Id honestly rather clean my apartment than support them.

Old
01-16-2014, 10:44 PM
McClelland

Quote:

You forgot the Eakins is a f joke, he cant match his big ego and convert it to Nhl coaching! Hes so arrogant that he cant admit a single mistake and continues with bad matchups and sending strange messages to the players.

The rebuild has going on for at least 4 years and this year with our youngsters a couple of years older and small progress from past seasons, this freakin eakins has coach us to the worst season so far in Oilers history.

Would go after Nolan off season or another real Nhl coach!

Old
01-16-2014, 10:44 PM
Shizuka

You guys are giving in to the troll -- like Petrydish, now duul. duul, btw, is the same dude who thought Pajaarvi looked good in the recent St. Louis game and offered that was a result of the coach -- and now he's praising the same coach like he's on the payroll. Come on, be smarter like this and don't feed the trolls.

Old
01-16-2014, 10:45 PM
Tad Mikowsky
Retired

It sucks. I really wanted to see Eakins succeed.

I don't want another coach fired, because that has ruined the stability of this organization. Yet, I think it's time for Eakins to go.

Old
01-16-2014, 10:47 PM
hallsyoilerforever

Quote:
Originally Posted by oobga View Post
Damn that Yak. No other oiler would ever turn the puck over in the offensive end. I guess it was Yak's mind powers that made Eberle stand off to the side and watch Minny get 3 extra shots on Scrivens after the initial one, and also made Ference stand straight up clueless of what was happening around him? Crazy.
Haha, no kidding eh? Eakins and his accountability is only on Yak. Nobody else. I wasn't a supporter of the firing him movement, but now I am. He has lost me as a supporter. Get rid of the clown alongside the rest of the garbage assistant coaches.

Closed Thread