HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Proposal Thread - Mk 2.0 - Steals and Ripoffs

Closed Thread

Old
10-31-2013, 06:50 AM
bsl

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halifaxhab View Post
I'd rather send DD to Dallas to play with Cole. Maybe for peverle?
Good thread, glad I checked in, not.

Old
10-31-2013, 06:55 AM
bsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft View Post
We NEED Diaz, as bad as that sounds. He can't be moved unless another defenceman is coming back. Beaulieu and Tinordi aren't ready to step in and we can't have Murray, Bouillon, and Gorges on our PP.

Greening is a good player though.
You are surely joking. We do not need Diaz dude.

Old
10-31-2013, 06:58 AM
rockjngo

ESPN sports radio is reporting that Florida's GM Dave Tallon and Montreal's GM Marc Bergervin had trade talks earlier this week. There is no deal in place but apparently Bergervin is shopping David Desharnais and Florida could be interested. With his recent struggle Desharnais doesn't attract alot of buyers but Florida feels his speed and playmaking ability similar to Stephan Weiss could be useful as a #2 center behind rookie sensation Alexander Barkov. There's some speculation that Marc Bergervin is looking at Kris Versteeg and Tomas Kopecky, both of whom were former Chicago Blackhawks. Unfortunately Montreal doesn't have the cap space to fit either Versteeg or Kopecky at this point of the season unless the move some higher paid players. Florida on the other hand is looking for expiring contracts as they continue to rebuild.

Personally I don't know if this is just a rumor or something in the works. Last week Brunet said Tallon was in town talking to Bergervin. I wouldn't be surprise if we see a trade between the two teams.

David Desharnais $3.5 mil
Louis Leblanc $870k
Travis Moen $1.8 mil

for

Kris Versteeg $4.4 mil

Old
10-31-2013, 07:01 AM
bsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by TT1 View Post
agreed, our main concern is adding big wingers (unless we move plek, then we would need a solid C with top 6 potential to come back).
Wrong. We can survive trading Pleky for a top RW young player for our cup window. No need to replace Pleks. Eller can fill in next year, and Chuckie will be ready in 2015.

Old
10-31-2013, 08:26 AM
Habskrieg

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockjngo View Post
ESPN sports radio is reporting that Florida's GM Dave Tallon and Montreal's GM Marc Bergervin had trade talks earlier this week. There is no deal in place but apparently Bergervin is shopping David Desharnais and Florida could be interested. With his recent struggle Desharnais doesn't attract alot of buyers but Florida feels his speed and playmaking ability similar to Stephan Weiss could be useful as a #2 center behind rookie sensation Alexander Barkov. There's some speculation that Marc Bergervin is looking at Kris Versteeg and Tomas Kopecky, both of whom were former Chicago Blackhawks. Unfortunately Montreal doesn't have the cap space to fit either Versteeg or Kopecky at this point of the season unless the move some higher paid players. Florida on the other hand is looking for expiring contracts as they continue to rebuild.

Personally I don't know if this is just a rumor or something in the works. Last week Brunet said Tallon was in town talking to Bergervin. I wouldn't be surprise if we see a trade between the two teams.

Louis Leblanc $870k
Travis Moen $1.8 mil

for

Kris Versteeg $4.4 mil
Definitely sounds like just a rumor. If Versteeg is who Tallon is using for trade value, I'm fairly confident he'd be able to get a better return than DD. Besides, DD doesn't have an expiring contract, Versteeg has a shorter term. I would definitely do this trade on Habs pov, if that's ever on the table, depending on what are the additions we give. But I just have a hard time believing this is remotely true and that it is anything else but a rumor.

Old
10-31-2013, 08:38 AM
vokiel
I hate blind passes

Quote:

Louis Leblanc $870k
Travis Moen $1.8 mil

for

Kris Versteeg $4.4 mil
So ESPN gets their rumors from hf... pathetic.

Old
10-31-2013, 09:19 AM
Zorro

i know this would probably never happen but if Giroux was available would the Habs be interested? and if yes than what would you trade to get him. He's listed as C/RW.

Old
10-31-2013, 09:33 AM

Quote:

Louis Leblanc $870k
Travis Moen $1.8 mil

for

Kris Versteeg $4.4 mil
I would rather have Matthias and Kopecky.

Old
10-31-2013, 09:47 AM
Habskrieg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
i know this would probably never happen but if Giroux was available would the Habs be interested? and if yes than what would you trade to get him. He's listed as C/RW.
Uh, yea. Who wouldn't be interested in Giroux?

We'd probably have to trade one of our forward prospects as part of the deal in order to make a spot for him. I doubt it would be Galchenyuk, so my guess would be Gallagher or Eller.

Then, Phili probably also wants defensemen. Which we love here. Tinordi and Beaulieu are our better prospects and the team+fans want to keep them as they'll most likely make the lineup. When they do, they'll probably be part of the team for a while.

Lastely, I think Phili would want some picks.

Problem is, we already have plenty centers/RW. 2 of which are not doing so good, Desharnais and Briere. We need to get rid of them. Though, I wouldn't mind giving some good assets for Giroux. Which ones though and how many?

Old
10-31-2013, 10:22 AM
Vasculio
Booya !

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1993 View Post
I would rather have Matthias and Kopecky.
Agreed, IMO, in the foreseeable future of ours, all we lack in our system is a big checking line center (besides Vail in our prospect pool, nobody fits that mold, Crisp probably won't play center either). Unless they put Galchenyuk back at C of course, then Plekanec would have that role, somehow. Matthias would be a perfect fit, he's only 25, he's big, fast, he's very inconsistent offensively but he's good defensively, not very physical but knows how to use his size. Adding Kopecky would just helps us cap wise, as his contract expires next season (I think).

We'd have to add something though, wonder if they'd take Leblanc... (imagine the uproar, DD and Leblanc to Florida )

Old
10-31-2013, 10:35 AM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by vokiel View Post
So ESPN gets their rumors from hf... pathetic.
It was a rumor on ESPN before it was a rumor here.

Old
10-31-2013, 07:29 PM
vokiel
I hate blind passes

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
It was a rumor on ESPN before it was a rumor here.
ok fine... still pathetic

Old
10-31-2013, 07:34 PM
WhiskeySeven
Mr. Worldwide

Plekanec
Tinordi
+ ??

for

Giroux?

Old
10-31-2013, 07:47 PM
vokiel
I hate blind passes

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
Plekanec
Tinordi
+ ??

for

Giroux?
Steep for someone with question marks this season. I admit I don't think Philly would trade him for anything less though.

Last edited by vokiel: 10-31-2013 at 08:04 PM.
Old
10-31-2013, 08:01 PM
Goldthorpe
Meditating Guru

I wouldn't touch Giroux. Damaged goods.

Old
10-31-2013, 08:14 PM
Garry Valk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldthorpe View Post
I wouldn't touch Giroux. Damaged goods.
He's damaged goods?

Old
10-31-2013, 08:17 PM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsl View Post
Wrong. We can survive trading Pleky for a top RW young player for our cup window. No need to replace Pleks. Eller can fill in next year, and Chuckie will be ready in 2015.
survive ? huh... you put cup window and surviving in the same post... don't you see how it doesnt make sense ? seriously ?

Old
10-31-2013, 09:16 PM
TT1

gorges, fucale, tinordi, 1st
for
yakupov, n.schultz(cap relief/frees room up on their D, hes a ufa after this year) and their 1st (2014, most likely gonna be a lottery pick)

yay or nay?

Old
10-31-2013, 09:21 PM
Habsfannick
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
survive ? huh... you put cup window and surviving in the same post... don't you see how it doesnt make sense ? seriously ?
Because our cup window isn't now... Not that hard to understand

Old
10-31-2013, 09:25 PM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfannick View Post
Because our cup window isn't now... Not that hard to understand
huh, according to the poster I quoted, our cup window open next season, Otc 14...

in the same token he suggest we could survive without Plekanec.

logic suggest that if we're to contend we better hope we can do more than just survive without Plekanec... capish ?

May want to keep up with the thread before assuming someone doesnt understand... you know.

Old
10-31-2013, 09:27 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by TT1 View Post
gorges, fucale, tinordi, 1st
for
yakupov, n.schultz(cap relief/frees room up on their D, hes a ufa after this year) and their 1st (2014, most likely gonna be a lottery pick)

yay or nay?
Don't want Yakupov. They're not going to trade their first. Fucale does **** all for them for at least 3 years.

I don't really want Versteeg. I'd rather Kopecky.

Old
10-31-2013, 09:29 PM
Price My Man Crush

Giroux on this team would be awesome tbh, but look, Philly just gave him a 8-year contract. I don't think he's on the trade market.

Plus we already have Plekanec, Eller, Galchenyuk our future number one center...you don't play Giroux as a wing.

Old
10-31-2013, 09:32 PM
TT1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Don't want Yakupov. They're not going to trade their first. Fucale does **** all for them for at least 3 years.

I don't really want Versteeg. I'd rather Kopecky.
they agreed on gorges tinordi fucale for yakupov n. schultz+, they didnt elaborate on the + tho T.T

Old
10-31-2013, 09:33 PM
dreamingofdrouin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
Mother of jesus yes...we would definitely be interested as would 28 other teams.....I would give up eller, beaulieu, gorges and a 1st

Old
10-31-2013, 10:11 PM
Habsfannick
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsl View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
huh, according to the poster I quoted, our cup window open next season, Otc 14...

in the same token he suggest we could survive without Plekanec.

logic suggest that if we're to contend we better hope we can do more than just survive without Plekanec... capish ?

May want to keep up with the thread before assuming someone doesnt understand... you know.
Reading comprehension bud... He said we can survive without Pleky, he said Eller could fill in that role next year and by 2015 Galchenyuk will be ready. He didn't say our cup window is next year...

Closed Thread