HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kings @ Hurricanes - 10/11/13 - 2-1 SO Win!

Old
10-12-2013, 05:25 PM
mbar

vCash: 500
It feels like all anyone does around here is ***** and moan. Way worse then anytime in past 5 years. Everyone should stop freaking out over every game and give it 10-15 games to draw some conclusions. We have 6 of 10 points for god's sake.

mbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2013, 06:34 PM
KingsFan7824

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbar View Post
It feels like all anyone does around here is ***** and moan. Way worse then anytime in past 5 years. Everyone should stop freaking out over every game and give it 10-15 games to draw some conclusions. We have 6 of 10 points for god's sake.
If the Kings win 3 out of every 5 games all year long, they'll have one of the best records in the league.

KingsFan7824 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2013, 06:50 PM
KingKopitar11*

Because once when your team wins the cup, you set the bar high. You need to understand that this isn't the same failure team as it was before. People complain more easily because a year ago this team lifted the cup. Get over yourself.

KingKopitar11* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2013, 07:00 PM
The Butcher
Gutless

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKopitar11 View Post
Because once when your team wins the cup, you set the bar high. You need to understand that this isn't the same failure team as it was before. People complain more easily because a year ago this team lifted the cup. Get over yourself.
People complain more because they think they know better than every coach, fan, GM, other fans, trainers, etc.

I'm not trying to be rude to you or anything but I find your posts among the most difficult to read day after day.

The Butcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2013, 07:09 PM
KingKopitar11*

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Butcher View Post
People complain more because they think they know better than every coach, fan, GM, other fans, trainers, etc.

I'm not trying to be rude to you or anything but I find your posts among the most difficult to read day after day.
Well not being rude, I don't really care, We all have our opinions. And who cares if they feel like they know more than the staff. Staffs get fired all the time. It's a discussion forum for fans. Not a forum where everyone has one dimensional opinions.

Old
10-12-2013, 07:23 PM
The Butcher
Gutless

Quote:
Well not being rude, I don't really care, We all have our opinions. And who cares if they feel like they know more than the staff. Staffs get fired all the time. It's a discussion forum for fans. Not a forum where everyone has one dimensional opinions.
Agreed. You are certainly entitled to your opinions. It's just when you tell someone to "get over themselves" I must step in because I so often think that to myself when I read your posts.

Again, no worries. I actually have alot friends that think more like you than myself so whatever.

The Butcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2013, 07:26 PM
Quattro

I think we should have a contest after every game. Let a neutral party read through our PGT and see if they can guess whether the Kings won or lost.

Quattro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2013, 07:37 PM
Wooty

I think people that are likely to post on a team's board are likely to be deep into the game, the team, the players and the culture of the team. They are also more likely to notice negative things and then post about them.

However there are people who will find something wrong in everything, including things that are actually good and there are people who seem to have a fetish about certain players.

A true discussion is going to allow and cultivate both positive and negative views.

In closing

**** Bettman
Garbage!
Hank
Who's better Wayne Gretzky or MAF?
Steve Stamkos says Hi.

Wooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2013, 07:51 PM
SettlementRichie10

I think part of the hyper criticism comes from no longer just looking at this team and saying "okay, they're probably good enough to make the playoffs." We're legitimate Cup contenders now so we're constantly comparing ourselves to the Hawks, Bruins, etc.

SettlementRichie10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2013, 07:53 PM
Wooty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie10 View Post
I think part of the hyper criticism comes from no longer just looking at this team and saying "okay, they're probably good enough to make the playoffs." We're legitimate Cup contenders now so we're constantly comparing ourselves to the Hawks, Bruins, etc.
And the Kings 2 seasons ago

Wooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2013, 08:04 PM
KingKopitar11*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quattro View Post
I think we should have a contest after every game. Let a neutral party read through our PGT and see if they can guess whether the Kings won or lost.
I can tell you that the Rangers have the most negative boards ever.

Old
10-12-2013, 08:26 PM
Captain Mittens*
Catquistador

vCash: 69
We need to invent some form of drug that makes Dwight King think that every game is a conference final game.

Captain Mittens* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2013, 08:45 PM
KingsFan7824

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie10 View Post
Constantly is probably the wrong way to go. The regular season is not a sprint. Win the first 5 games in the playoffs, you're in the 2nd round. Win the first 5 games of the regular season, it gets you nothing. Again, if the Kings win 3 out of every 5 games it will put them near the top of the league by the end of the year, as long as they get a couple OT losses here and there.

If you're confident the Kings are legitimate contenders, why get hyper before the middle of October?

KingsFan7824 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2013, 09:46 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Many have been hyper critical of Dwight King, and I could understand being disappointed in his performance last season, but I hope he ends up putting together a strong season that makes people reconsider. He's never going to be a prolific goal scorer, but I'd say he's a more than serviceable player so long as he uses his body to shield the puck, creates chaos in front of the net, and chips in with some numbers every so often while playing anywhere in the lineup.

Ziggy Stardust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2013, 10:15 PM
ScoreZeGoals
Boooorrrrriiiinnnnng

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
Many have been hyper critical of Dwight King, and I could understand being disappointed in his performance last season, but I hope he ends up putting together a strong season that makes people reconsider. He's never going to be a prolific goal scorer, but I'd say he's a more than serviceable player so long as he uses his body to shield the puck, creates chaos in front of the net, and chips in with some numbers every so often while playing anywhere in the lineup.
I like King, but I like him where he belongs, on the 4th line. My problem comes when they try and cram him into the top six, which he has no business playing in.

ScoreZeGoals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2013, 10:19 PM
damacles1156

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herby View Post
It's the same problem they have had for well over five years, an abysmal lack of depth and skill on the left wing. Sutter has no choice but to just insert the "hot hand" into that spot. Carcillo is not a realistic option as a second line LW, I know many fans on this board love guys like Carcillo, but he is not a second line LW, he is a fourth line lw or 13th forward.

King is coming off a good game so now it's his turn, next game it may be Clifford, then Carcillo, then Frattin and on and on, they will all likely fail like they have before, but it is what it is. The one time the Kings got good play from two LW's they won the Cup in 2012.

Sure would be nice to add something, but we are up against the cap because of horrific bloated contracts like Regehr and Stoll, so the help will have to come from within, hopefully by seasons end it is Pearson.
Herby gets it, What exactly is Sutter going to do ? Frattin is a natural RW, and has looked terrible at both spots (LW/RW) on both lines(2nd/Third).

Frattin is just there, That's not good enough. So Sutter has to do something.

It's going to be musical chairs on LW, till Lombardi decides Pearson is ready (a true LW). Or dump salary(Stoll not likely, Regher also not likely). for a real top six LW(of which none are available).

damacles1156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2013, 10:27 PM
Martyros
Allow me to retort

Quote:
well, they HAVE given up 20 goals in 3 games.

Martyros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2013, 11:20 PM
Quattro

Quote:
oh, you post there too?

Quattro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2013, 11:27 PM
Herby
Culture Changer

Quote:
Originally Posted by damacles1156 View Post
Herby gets it, What exactly is Sutter going to do ? Frattin is a natural RW, and has looked terrible at both spots (LW/RW) on both lines(2nd/Third).

Frattin is just there, That's not good enough. So Sutter has to do something.

It's going to be musical chairs on LW, till Lombardi decides Pearson is ready (a true LW). Or dump salary(Stoll not likely, Regher also not likely). for a real top six LW(of which none are available).
Well Lombardi deserves much of the blame for the awful LW situation for his entire time here. The Kings had 7 first round picks in the first 5 drafts under this regime and used zero of those picks on the position, ofcourse there is going to be a shortage in the organization. And we can sit here and say the position isn't important, but when the Kings actually had two productive ones in the 2012 playoffs they obviously went all the way.

As for dumping salary, well Stoll would be the prime candidate, considering his salary and his current job as 4C, but I seriously question what teams would want him with that cap hit, lots of other teams, especially contenders are up against the cap.

Herby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2013, 11:48 PM
scramble91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herby View Post
Well Lombardi deserves much of the blame for the awful LW situation for his entire time here. The Kings had 7 first round picks in the first 5 drafts under this regime and used zero of those picks on the position, ofcourse there is going to be a shortage in the organization. And we can sit here and say the position isn't important, but when the Kings actually had two productive ones in the 2012 playoffs they obviously went all the way.

As for dumping salary, well Stoll would be the prime candidate, considering his salary and his current job as 4C, but I seriously question what teams would want him with that cap hit, lots of other teams, especially contenders are up against the cap.
To an extent this is true, but they have drafted some pretty good future lw's with Pearson, porkins, and now zykov. If one of those could be in the top 6 in the next year or 2, that will be a sick top 6 for the next 5 years. In 3 years, they kings could have Williams and brown on the 3rd line. That's the depth I think dean is looking for to build a dynasty.

They lack that left wing now and won the Stanley cup and went to the wcf for the past few years. They could have tried to rush Zykov or forced toffoli on the left, but I think deans view of earning spots (like the wings over the past 10 years), is building a long term winning culture.

Does it frustrate me at times ? Yes, but this concept is something I welcome instead of the knee jerk reactions we did in the past.

scramble91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2013, 11:50 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

The salary cap may be going up considerably next off-season, opening up the possibility of the Kings addressing their need to make a significant addition in the form of a top six LW. Some names to keep an eye on should they remain unsigned come July 1st (age in parentheses):

Thomas Vanek (29)
Alex Steen (29)
Patrick Marleau (34)
Milan Michalek (28)
Matt Moulson (29)
Dany Heatley (32)

Trevor Lewis, Matt Greene, and Willie Mitchell would be the most significant UFAs for the Kings. Other UFAs include Ben Scrivens, Colin Fraser, and Dan Carcillo.

Not taking re-signings into consideration, the Kings have over $54M committed towards 14 players in 2014.

The Kings could look at moving or buying out Stoll/Regehr, depending on how they perform at the end of the season. Thankfully both players will only have one year left on their contracts once this season is over.

Old
10-12-2013, 11:52 PM
Captain Mittens*
Catquistador

vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Butcher View Post
It's at your moms house.
Well played! Lol

Captain Mittens* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2013, 11:52 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoreZeGoals View Post
I like King, but I like him where he belongs, on the 4th line. My problem comes when they try and cram him into the top six, which he has no business playing in.
I agree that he's not a top six forward, but you know that every team ends up shuffling lines based on how certain players perform so it's pretty standard to see King in this type of situation given how other LWs on the team have performed. I find him to be useful when he asserts himself. Certainly more useful than say a Colin Fraser.

Old
10-12-2013, 11:58 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbar View Post
I have to agree and 100% so.

We are 3 and 2 and it is 5 games into the season. Come on now Kings fans, lets give this team some time to get it together. Nobody is saying that we are seeing their best yet but it is only 5 games into the season and it does seem like we are waiting for them to fail rather than cheering them on to success.

They need work but they are our team and it is just too early for so many of us to be so negative. This team won the cup 2 seasons ago and last season went to the WCF'S for crying out loud. If anyone deserves a bit of the benefit of a doubt it is these guys.

So buck up campers and how bout more GO KINGS GO and less WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!

This is our year and I know it. Kings in 14!

Last edited by etherialone: 10-13-2013 at 12:15 AM.
etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2013, 01:30 AM
KingKopitar11*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quattro View Post
oh, you post there too?
No but you should, no one there is funny, so you would have an easy time blending in . Negativity and realistic are different things btw.