HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Has the pressure of wearing the 'C' hurt Giroux?

Old
10-18-2013, 08:41 AM
flyershockey

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuiffitelli View Post
2011 was a fluke....He is not a game changer...he is not worth 8 mill. Looks like he has his money and does not care. He looked lazy last night
Sure guy. If I'm a blind follower, you have little clue as to how the game of hockey works.

Last edited by MiamiScreamingEagles: 10-18-2013 at 09:03 AM. Reason: Such references are not permitted per agreed upon site rules
flyershockey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2013, 08:43 AM
Cuiff

vCash: 500
3 assits....lazy defensive play....ok im wrong and your right...he is totally worth it

Last edited by MiamiScreamingEagles: 10-18-2013 at 09:02 AM.
Cuiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2013, 08:52 AM
SolidSnakeUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuiffitelli View Post
3 assits....lazy defensive play....ok im wrong and your right...he is totally worth it
I'm sorry, I didn't know that the rest of the team wasn't sucking. Everyone has pressure on them and it's a team wide thing. To pin this just on Giroux is ****ing absurd.

SolidSnakeUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2013, 08:57 AM
Cuiff

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post
I'm sorry, I didn't know that the rest of the team wasn't sucking. Everyone has pressure on them and it's a team wide thing. To pin this just on Giroux is ****ing absurd.
I agree with the whole teaming sucking point but if G was a game changer and made players around him better then this would not be an issue

Cuiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2013, 08:57 AM
El Emperor

Is there any precedent for a star player getting a C, then having it taken away after lackluster play and it turn out to be a great move in his career for that team?

I'm not saying arbitrarily be taken away, but just curious.

El Emperor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2013, 09:03 AM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Quote:
“We have a lot of time to look at tapes and what we are doing wrong,” Giroux said. “If we play 60 minutes of responsible, disciplined [hockey], we will be fine. We’ll start winning games.”

FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2013, 09:04 AM
flyershockey

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Emperor View Post
Is there any precedent for a star player getting a C, then having it taken away after lackluster play and it turn out to be a great move in his career for that team?

I believe Lacavlier had the C taken from him in Tampa by Tortorella. He obviously got it back, but yeah that's one.

flyershockey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2013, 03:30 PM
Mota

I think it is time we see Vinny and Giroux together. I would even consider moving G back to RW temporarily. His play hasn't been great, but there have been moments where he has generated chances and his line mates have hurt him. Maybe the two of them can work some magic.

I dont know if the C has really had an impact on him or not. I still think giving it to him was dumb...Timonen made the most sense.

Mota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2013, 05:09 PM
Appleyard

vCash: 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by OccupySouthBroadSt View Post
While it is extremely clichéd... for this team since Berube took over it is quite apt... they have played well/as most would expect, in fits and starts, 25-35 minutes per game. But the other half of the game they have blown. Not like with Lavi (outside of TO 1st period...) where they literally blew all game.

Not playing 60 minutes and not converting chances are this teams two biggest foibles atm.

I do think the 60 minutes is down to not all being on the same wavelength, not knowing where they should be or others are going to be, which leads to bad passes and decisions (I mean, they look fine, then there are 6 or 7/10 awful passes to nowhere, and the descent usually begins from there), which leads to being hemmed into own zone or unable to stay in O zone, which leads to more mistakes, penalties and goals against due to pressure. Very much a butterfly effect.

I would obviously prefer him to simply say... 'we are not all on the same wavelength yet as we are effectively having another preseason in season, and that is causing us to be inconsistent throughout games... and we have to start converting gilt edged chances to win games.'

But that would arguably bring more criticism... whatever they say at the moment people will over analyse and criticize 'too relaxed, too stiff, too pressured, too happy, too deflated'.

He has to speak to the media as well... like literally has to, if he was more honest he would be ran out of town! Better appear in a scything backpage column than scything front page news frankly.

Appleyard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2013, 10:10 PM
jabba2
Just say no to Clowe

Dont think the C affected him mentally. He looked pretty good at the beginning of last season. Before an unknown injury curtailed his offense for stretches. It seems Giroux is struggling to shoot the puck this year.

jabba2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2013, 10:55 AM
Mats86

I imagine its the contract sense his play went south about time it was inked. A lot of players lose some incentive once they are financially set for life

Mats86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2013, 11:33 AM
Helistin
Dustin's equilibrium

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Emperor View Post

Maybe Patrick Marleau.

Helistin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2013, 11:07 PM
leafer88*

Hey guys leafs fan here (obviously from my name), I was just wondering how many goals and assists Giroux will end up having. Also, do you see your offense waking up anytime soon and Giroux putting up some major points. I ask because I want to trade for him on fantasy hockey. Thanks for any input guys.

leafer88* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2013, 11:57 PM
Ryker

Quote:
Originally Posted by leafer88 View Post
Hey guys leafs fan here (obviously from my name), I was just wondering how many goals and assists Giroux will end up having. Also, do you see your offense waking up anytime soon and Giroux putting up some major points. I ask because I want to trade for him on fantasy hockey. Thanks for any input guys.
Well, you certainly came to the right place.

Ryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2013, 08:58 AM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

I posted this in the "overrated" thread...it's pertinent to this one with respect to Giroux.....

Bill's blog post today was very good...

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...1&postcount=61

Quote:
Ultimately, the buck has to stop with Claude Giroux and Jakub Voracek -- and the former just a tad more than the latter -- to be the offensive anchors of this club. The team's 1-7-0 record has a lot to do with the lack of production from the top line. It is flat out unacceptable for both players to be without a goal at this point. Likewise, for the team's top two forward playmakers to have just three assists apiece, is very worrisome.

At the end of the day, Giroux needs to be the team's best player. He's the captain, and the one who needs to be able to generate or turn momentum. Yes, he's been unlucky on a couple of shots that hit the post but the truth of the matter is that he's not creating enough scoring chances for himself or his linemates.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Bill-...rades/45/54992

Old
10-21-2013, 11:20 AM
FlyersFanz
aut viam inveniam au

Giroux isn't 100%(wrist) that's my take on him being scoreless.

FlyersFanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2013, 11:24 AM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFanz View Post
Maybe so but we can only go by his report that he is physically healthy but lacking emotional health/confidence...

I still agree with Meltzer...he still should not be this bad...

Old
10-21-2013, 11:50 AM
Curufinwe

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFanz View Post
He didn't hurt his wrist or have surgery on it this offseason. That was last year.

Curufinwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2013, 12:10 PM
FlyersFanz
aut viam inveniam au

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curufinwe View Post
He didn't hurt his wrist or have surgery on it this offseason. That was last year.
His hand injury that happened in August of this year golfing.

http://www.broadstreethockey.com/201...y-wrist-flyers

Old
10-21-2013, 12:19 PM
SolidSnakeUS

It was his finger.

SolidSnakeUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2013, 12:20 PM
FlyersFanz
aut viam inveniam au

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post
It was his finger.
Finger is part of the hand, close enough...the wrist, hand or finger(whatever) would all effect his play.
You get my point.