HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hossa and Hainsey

Closed Thread

Old
07-15-2005, 06:37 PM
toshiro
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to toshiro
Hossa and Hainsey

Is it possible that their careers as major leaguers is over? They have had their cup of coffee? To be realistic Bob has anointed Dagenais as a player and not Hossa.

Old
07-15-2005, 06:49 PM
Traitor8

no they will be both on the team this season.

Old
07-15-2005, 06:51 PM
Chet-Nick

Look, I'm not Gainey. There's little doubt in my mind that Hossa and Hainsey will offered contracts and be given an opportunity to make the Canadiens. By simply observing the roster. It's easy to notice a few vacancies. Especially amongst the forwards.

Upon saying that, both of these first rounders (from 2000) are down to their last strike. Hossa has shown he belongs in the NHL. Problem was, he only did it spurts. Like Hainsey, Hossa was inconsistent. Much of this issue was attitude rather than skill related.

Hossa did well in Sweden this past year and during his last season with Hamilton (03-04) admitted his work ethic needed to improve - and that it did. Hainsey looked lethargic with the Bulldogs for the first half of the season. Then managed to take his game to the next level. Some feel this was because Komisarek had been sent down for a conditioning stint (hip).

Old
07-15-2005, 07:39 PM
toshiro
HFBoards Sponsor

Hossa did so so certainly not enough to stand out. I saw a game televised and He was just ok. Lazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old
07-15-2005, 08:27 PM
Chet-Nick

Both players will always have that "lazy" stigma attached to their names. This will be their last opportunity to impress Canadiens management and coaching staff.

Just because Hossa came across as being ordinary for one game. Doesn't mean his entire year with Mora IK was a failure. In 48 games, the younger Hossa scored 18 goals and added 6 assists. Not bad.

Nobody ever said Marcel would be like Marian. If he ever developed to be half of his brother. I'd be content.

Old
07-15-2005, 08:30 PM
Habsaku

They have both been very dissapointing. They can play well, but time is running out and I wont be crying if they get out of town. Both of them are very expendable.

Old
07-15-2005, 08:37 PM
Kirk Muller

Quote:
Originally Posted by toshiro
Is it possible that their careers as major leaguers is over? They have had their cup of coffee? To be realistic Bob has anointed Dagenais as a player and not Hossa.

When did Bob anoint Dagenais as a player? He is going to have to battle it out with more than one young guy a training camp. Ryder is anointed a player, Ribeiro is a lock, Dagenais is far from that. For a we know, last year was Dagenais cup of coffee with Montreal, just like it was with Florida and NJ.

Old
07-15-2005, 08:51 PM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

If some other team was interested, I'd trade either of them for draft picks. 3rd rounders, or even a pile of multiple future 6th and 7th rounders. If nobody is interested at all, which is probably the case, then hey, there's really no choice but to give them a chance and see what happens. I think that they are going to be surefire busts as 1st round picks, but they could be adequate role players eventually. Typically, though, guys like that don't end up being role players on the team that drafted them.

Old
07-15-2005, 10:38 PM
Mooch

Send a message via MSN to Mooch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chet-Nick
Look, I'm not Gainey. There's little doubt in my mind that Hossa and Hainsey will offered contracts and be given an opportunity to make the Canadiens. By simply observing the roster. It's easy to notice a few vacancies. Especially amongst the forwards.

Upon saying that, both of these first rounders (from 2000) are down to their last strike. Hossa has shown he belongs in the NHL. Problem was, he only did it spurts. Like Hainsey, Hossa was inconsistent. Much of this issue was attitude rather than skill related.

Hossa did well in Sweden this past year and during his last season with Hamilton (03-04) admitted his work ethic needed to improve - and that it did. Hainsey looked lethargic with the Bulldogs for the first half of the season. Then managed to take his game to the next level. Some feel this was because Komisarek had been sent down for a conditioning stint (hip).
I disagree. With Hainsey, it's absolutely true, but with Hossa, it;s more confidence imo. when this kid plays with confidence, hes an excellent player, and that showed a few years ago when he was called up. If Hossa ever finds his confidence, and keeps it going, he will be a very good player imo. However, hes got to learn to shoot the puck more, but again, not shooting may related to not having confidence in his abillities.

Old
07-15-2005, 10:41 PM
CH Wizard

Send a message via MSN to CH Wizard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooch
I disagree. With Hainsey, it's absolutely true, but with Hossa, it;s more confidence imo. when this kid plays with confidence, hes an excellent player, and that showed a few years ago when he was called up. If Hossa ever finds his confidence, and keeps it going, he will be a very good player imo. However, hes got to learn to shoot the puck more, but again, not shooting may related to not having confidence in his abillities.
I think, Bonk would boost Hossa's confidence.

Why did we sign Sundstrom?

Hossa would be a good fit on the third line, since he's a decent two way player...argh Bulis-Bonk-Hossa...WOULD BE A HELL OF A LINE.B.G might use Sundstrom for extra....

Old
07-15-2005, 10:48 PM
Habs514

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great One

Hossa would be a good fit on the third line, since he's a decent two way player...argh Bulis-Bonk-Hossa...WOULD BE A HELL OF A LINE.B.G might use Sundstrom for extra....
Agreed. That line should be awesome. I see Sundstrom on the fourth line with Begin and Ward.

Old
07-15-2005, 11:25 PM
Mooch

Quote:

That line could work, and do well!

However, lets say we sign Kovalev, and Higgins and Perezhogin are ready?

Zednik, Koivu, Kovalev
Perezhogin, Ribs, Ryder
Bulis, Bonk, Hossa
Higgins, Begin, Ward

OR

Zednik, Koivu, Kovalev
Higgins, Ribs, Ryder
Bulis, Bonk Hossa
Perezhogin, Begin, Ward

Id prefer the first if we sign Kovalev, because, imo Perezhogin has more offensive upside. Having said that though, i don't think id like to see Higgins on the fourth. Although, Julien does like to rotate 4 lines........

Old
07-15-2005, 11:46 PM
Habs13

Quote:
Zednik, Koivu, Kovalev
Perezhogin, Ribs, Ryder
Bulis, Bonk, Hossa
Higgins, Begin, Ward

Me rikey!

Old
07-15-2005, 11:52 PM
Mooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs13
Me rikey!
rikey?

Damn, calm the down Labs.

Old
07-15-2005, 11:57 PM
CH Wizard

Send a message via MSN to CH Wizard
Quote:
That line could work, and do well!

However, lets say we sign Kovalev, and Higgins and Perezhogin are ready?

Zednik, Koivu, Kovalev
Perezhogin, Ribs, Ryder
Bulis, Bonk, Hossa
Higgins, Begin, Ward

OR

Zednik, Koivu, Kovalev
Higgins, Ribs, Ryder
Bulis, Bonk Hossa
Perezhogin, Begin, Ward

Id prefer the first if we sign Kovalev, because, imo Perezhogin has more offensive upside. Having said that though, i don't think id like to see Higgins on the fourth. Although, Julien does like to rotate 4 lines........

Hum...Perezhogin-Ribeiro-Ryder....well.............

First of all...this line would be too small...Saku is already small but it's just an opinion...but I don't think this line would be so effective.Even though I beleive in Perez...

But, Perez would add some speed...and Ribeiro has mediocre speed and Ryder has average speed.So, Perez would MAYBE be a good fit to this line.

I'd like to sign Shanahan and play him with Ribs and Ryder.He'd add experience and he's a great veteran.Come playoff time, he'd help us alot since Ribs and Ryder...haven't appeared twice in the playoffs yet.

Mooch...don't kill...it's my point of view .What's your opinion? Shanahan would cost us alot you think? Or, should we give to our youngsters a chance?

Old
07-16-2005, 12:03 AM
Mooch

Quote:

First of all...this line would be too small...Saku is already small but it's just an opinion...but I don't think this line would be so effective.Even though I beleive in Perez...

But, Perez would add some speed...and Ribeiro has mediocre speed and Ryder has average speed.So, Perez would MAYBE be a good fit to this line.

I'd like to sign Shanahan and play him with Ribs and Ryder.He'd add experience and he's a great veteran.Come playoff time, he'd help us alot since Ribs and Ryder...haven't appeared twice in the playoffs yet.

Mooch...don't kill...it's my point of view .What's your opinion? Shanahan would cost us alot you think? Or, should we give to our youngsters a chance?

First, i'll kill , now for my opinion......

Forget getting another free agent forward. Perez may lack size, but hes got to be given a chance on the top 6. Expecially after a couple of great seasons. Theirs no point of him spending another year in Hamilton. It would do nothing for his developement. I think it's, now or never.........

Old
07-16-2005, 08:30 AM
Dan K
HFBoards Partner

Send a message via MSN to Dan K
Quote:

Agreed Perezhogin-Ribeiro-Ryder is small, but that's what we've got, and we have to run with it. The line is young and has a lot of offensive potential. Plus it's not like they're gonna be lining up against bruisers. Other teams will send out their top checking line against Zednik-Koivu-Kovalev, and when they have their big Mats Sundin, Keith Primeau, or Joe Thornton out there, we can send out Bulis-Bonk-Sundstrom/Hossa.

And yes, Shanahan would be nice, but there's no way we get Kovalev AND Shanahan, and if we only get one, whichever it is, he'd be playing on the first line with Saku. Besides, Shanny said on TSN he wants to stay in Detroit.

Old
07-16-2005, 08:40 AM
Rasenith

But where is Plekanec?

Old
07-16-2005, 09:18 AM
eddy

I think they should and will be given a chance this season but it will be there last chance, with the Habs anyway. Both have the skill level and size to make the NHL but with both work ethic, confidence and attitude have been problems. To be honest I think both will end up being NHL'ers. Hainsey played terrible last year in Hamilton besides the end of the year when Komisarek got back. It's because he simply didn't give a damn about playing in the AHL he felt he belonged in the NHL and to be honest when he did play 10 or so games with the Habs the last season I thought he did well, put up a few points and had a solid plus minus and then they just sent him down over Boullion. Come training camp I think he will be ready to go as he feels the NHL is where he belongs and since it's where he wants to be he'll work hard to make it and continue to work hard to stay with the team and as long as he does that his skills can take him the rest of the way. He can play well when he wants to for example when Komisarek joined the Bulldogs late in the season from then on he was on of the best players on the ice evrey game offencivly and defencivly. I'd see him playing 6 and 7 D next year probly roating with Boullion.

Hossa is a bit different his problem was more confidence then anything. He had a couple good spurts in the NHL then just disapeared. But he had a great season in Europe and he's always training with his brother so I think he'll be ready come training camp and have some more confidence then usual. He's got good speed for his size and he can put the puck in the net i'm not sure if he'll make the 2nd line with Perezhogin around but it's possible and if not maybe on the 3rd with Bonk and Bulis.

Old
07-16-2005, 11:42 AM
jcpenny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasenith
But where is Plekanec?
He might never be part of the Habs future. As for Hossa and Hainsey, i think they have to be on the team next year. I saw Hossa on TV this year and he looked awsome and was willing to keep the puck more and Hainsey was on fire towards the end of the year. Two guys with size and skill that need to be more consistent. I'd give it a try.

Old
07-16-2005, 12:38 PM
toshiro
HFBoards Sponsor

18 lousy goals in an inferior league? He has the talent but how lazy would he become if he had a long term contract? See Kovalenko and Hogland?

Old
07-16-2005, 12:39 PM
toshiro
HFBoards Sponsor

Shanahan is too slow.

Old
07-16-2005, 05:49 PM
jcpenny

Quote:
Originally Posted by toshiro
18 lousy goals in an inferior league? He has the talent but how lazy would he become if he had a long term contract? See Kovalenko and Hogland?
I'd take him before Sundstrom.

Old
07-16-2005, 06:01 PM
MontrealCruiser_83*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasenith
But where is Plekanec?
Trade bait in the Draft, I hope.

Old
07-16-2005, 10:33 PM
turnbuckle*

I heard some comments on Sportsnet a few days back about rosters being reduced to 19 or 20 players and more players being signed to two-way deals to help get under the cap. I think Watters and Kypreos were talking about it.

Has anyone heard more specifics on this? It would be nice if we were able to send down Hainsey, Hossa, etc. without fear of them being snapped up by another team for at least another season.

Closed Thread