HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie
Notices

Sat., Oct. 12 2013|Flyers 2 at Red Wings 5

Old
10-13-2013, 07:29 AM
GingerFetish

vCash: 500
I have an idea.
Lets not take stupid penalties at 1 goal differences and then promptly get scored on 15 seconds in on the PK.

Both of our last two games we have lost because of that.

GingerFetish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2013, 07:41 AM
Psuhockey

Nail yakupov was a healthy scratch last game. Exactly what the flyers need : an elite goal scoring right winger to play with Giroux. Would be nice.

Psuhockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2013, 07:44 AM
Prongo
Beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qyburn View Post
I love everybody.
We love you too!

Prongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2013, 07:46 AM
BobbyClarkeFan16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psuhockey View Post
Nail yakupov was a healthy scratch last game. Exactly what the flyers need : an elite goal scoring right winger to play with Giroux. Would be nice.
The cost to acquire Yakupov would be ridiculously high. If there were some way the Oilers would part with him for Coburn straight up, I'd be the first in line to say do it.

BobbyClarkeFan16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2013, 07:46 AM
GingerFetish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psuhockey View Post
Coburn, Mez and Talbot for Nail!

GingerFetish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2013, 07:59 AM
Prongo
Beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
The cost to acquire Yakupov would be ridiculously high. If there were some way the Oilers would part with him for Coburn straight up, I'd be the first in line to say do it.
It would be a trade similar to seguin I think, just not as an established player going back as he got for Boston. Oiler fans think the discussions start with voracek, which is funny because right now voracek is the better hockey player. Lets not act like voracek had just one good lockout year, the year before he turned it on as well. Yak has potential, but I'm not giving up voracek's potential+better all around play for him straight up. Voracek is still extremely young.

Coburn+talbot+2nd rounder for yak+klefbom+Boyd Gordon( just wanted to slip him in there, love the guy and always have)

There isn't anyway they would accept that deal, but it would help improve their defensive depth which they need so badly.

I honestly still think that if they don't get a defenseman, somewhere along the line Coburn+ for eberle makes sense for both teams

Old
10-13-2013, 08:10 AM
Curufinwe

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
i really want Rosehill and Newbury off this team.but we know that isnt going to happen.
Berube says they need to stop taking penalties.
"Its been a problem with this organization for far too long" Berube says.
then why do we keep employing stupid ****ing hockey players?

oh yeah Holmgren keeps giving stupid players contracts.
Hartnell, Simmonds, Coburn and Timmonen take the most minor penalties on the team. Any crackdown in taking dumb penalties gas to start with them.

Curufinwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2013, 08:16 AM
MsMeow

For anyone who is complaining that Kimmo is done, let's just remember that Pronger is older and has more mileage on him. Unlucky for him that he has a career ending injury but without LTIR, we'd be in even bigger trouble. Let's just hope none of our regular dmen get hit by the injury bug, otherwise we'll be seeing the debut of Hal Gill.

MsMeow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2013, 08:31 AM
FlyersFan61290

Quote:
Originally Posted by GingerFetish View Post
Coburn, Mez and Talbot for Nail!

If we have to we can throw in Rosehill, Newbury, Hall, Gill or a phantom not named Cousins too.

Oilers would want something crazy for Yak. In other words it's not happening.

FlyersFan61290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2013, 08:31 AM
UKFlyers

They are improving, but it seems to be happening at a snails pace. If someone can break out of the slump maybe they'll carry a few along with them and the team will get out that way. But at the moment, it's still difficult to see this team winning regularly. And this worries me, because Homer's neck is on the line now, and he may panic and make a dumb trade. I'd be all for Yakupov, but I don't think EDM are going to give up on him yet, so it'd take a lot. Anywho, we'll see what happens.

Thought Gus and McGinn did well actually.

UKFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2013, 08:52 AM
Psuhockey

How about both Schenns, Mezz for Yakupov and Petry. Edmonton needs a top 6 natural center and some more toughness on their team in Luke Schenn. Mezz is a throw in. Petry is a legit rt handed two way defenseman. Some might view this as too much but I think the Schenns are grossly overrated and yakupov is exactly what this team needs to not waste Giroux's best years.

Old
10-13-2013, 08:59 AM
Prongo
Beer

I do not want to move B Schenn. No chance. We need to let this kid develop and he will be special. He has the skill set and we have all seen it. He leads this team in points early and is showing he is ready to take the next step. If he didn't have the 11 game pointless streak last year, we would all be raving about him.

Old
10-13-2013, 09:07 AM
dingbathero
No Jam? How about PB

How about we NOT panic.

dingbathero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2013, 09:12 AM
Psuhockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prongo View Post
I do not want to move B Schenn. No chance. We need to let this kid develop and he will be special. He has the skill set and we have all seen it. He leads this team in points early and is showing he is ready to take the next step. If he didn't have the 11 game pointless streak last year, we would all be raving about him.
Don't get me wrong, I think B. Schenn is a decent player but he doesn't have top line finishing skills. Even coming out in the draft, he was viewed as a great 2nd line center. Yakupov is a legit 1st line sniper. You have to give to get or be lousy to get such players in the draft. Moving around a few mediocre players is not going get what this team desperately needs; top shelf talent. Build thru the draft, waste girouxs prime. Be reluctant to give up anything of value, and be at best mediocre. Looking back the Gagne for Iginla trade was a no brainer yet Clarke didn't want to give up a decent player at the time either in that trade or for Ray Bourque.

Old
10-13-2013, 09:16 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

If Tye McGinn is good enough to be on the Giroux line with Giroux having no points, then he should be good enough to remain on the NHL roster

Old
10-13-2013, 10:01 AM
RoDu

So who are we wanting to draft with our top 5 pick?

RoDu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2013, 10:09 AM
McNasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoDu View Post
So who are we wanting to draft with our top 5 pick?
It'll be Kapanen's kid cmon now.

McNasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2013, 10:35 AM
Flyersfan1493
Formerly Go For It

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKJ View Post
If Tye McGinn is good enough to be on the Giroux line with Giroux having no points, then he should be good enough to remain on the NHL roster
I see no reason why McGinn can't at least play on the 4th line instead of the Rosehill/Newbury tandem.

Flyersfan1493 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2013, 10:40 AM
The Nightman Cometh

McGinn has done nothing in his NHL career so far to show he doesn't belong. He deserves to stay even when Harts and Vinny are back.

1865 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2013, 10:50 AM
Curufinwe

When Vinny is fit

McGinn-Giroux-Voracek
Schenn-Vinny-Simmonds
Raffl-Couturier-Read
Talbot-Hall-Rinaldo
Rosehill plays only if a goon is absolutely necessary

Curufinwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2013, 10:52 AM
Striiker
Weal's #1 fan

McGinn deserves to be on the 1st line more than Hartnell does at least... I don't see how anyone could rationalize sending him or Raffl down.

Striiker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2013, 11:07 AM
blinds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fragmuffin View Post
and when Hartnell comes back I would really like to see things go down like this

hartnell lecavallier giroux (switch G and Vinny if needed, Hartnel stays here so he can start producing again, I just couldn't bare another bad contract on this team so lets try to avoid turning Hartsy into a 3rd line scrapper)
voracek schenn simmonds (I just like this one a whooole lot)
raffl couturier read (a great two way line with speed and enough talent to wake up Couturiers offensive potential)
mcginn hall talbott (an effective 4th line with more brains in ther heads than all the other plugs we had since powe, betts and laperiere)

And voila, we got ourselves 4 lines that can do damage once again.
I was pretty high on McGinn in the preseason and even if this is just one game i feel that he wont let me down. As for Raffl, I've been watching his game for the past 4 years in the EBEL and WorldCups and his game last night does not come as a surprise to me.
I like these lines, do you think G switching to RW would be good though? Might change the attention he gets which could be good. Might be harder for him to produce switching back to wing though.

blinds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2013, 11:14 AM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Oh God What's This

Is it safe to assume Talbot was still on the 3rd line and still sucked?

I was good with his signing when I thought he was going to be a really good 4th liner and PKer, but if he's gonna be used in a 3rd line role that's terrible. He's just not useful there.

10-13-2013, 11:19 AM
Danko
...the way she goes

vCash: 420
I wish we would get Akeson in the lineup.

Danko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2013, 11:22 AM
blinds

Making a move on Yak could be interesting, he'd be a perfect fit for Giroux once he develops a little bit more. Edmonton is down on him this season too, although I doubt it affects his value.

So obviously has to start with Coburn, but what else? Talbot won't get it done, Mes we need another d coming back and still won't get it done. Maybe Simmonds or Hartnell if they send back a d to replace Coburn? Getting rid of Voracek would be dumb at this point, Couturier's defense is invaluable to the team, and Schenn is starting to look like he's ready for a big year. It'd be hard to get rid of any of those 3. Maybe Read or Laughton even though they've been playing well.

blinds is offline   Reply With Quote