HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Around the League: Torts Goes Hulk Mode

Closed Thread

Old
01-18-2014, 10:19 PM
Psycho Dad

vCash: 610
Way to go Gio Metro!

Old
01-18-2014, 10:23 PM
syz
[1, 5, 6, 14]

vCash: 50
So... why did the Canucks match with their fourth line again? I've seen the Sedins on the ice against plenty of third and fourth lines and they've never been killed... usually just leads to a couple scoring chances for Vancouver.

Old
01-18-2014, 10:24 PM
Soli
Supervision Required

vCash: 500
You know... If we were to be opportunistic, we'd call up and dress a goon squad against a potentially suspended Canuck lineup in our game on Tuesday.

Old
01-18-2014, 10:30 PM
Rafters

Give Smack...Kesey...Ewanyk ....heck...even Abney all a call for 1 game........with the sole purpose to go after Kassian.......

Old
01-18-2014, 10:35 PM
Soli
Supervision Required

MacIntyre, Eager, Pinizzotto, Acton, Hendricks, Gazdic, Ference... Let's do this.

Old
01-18-2014, 10:36 PM
yukoner88

vCash: 123
maybe we can make a quick trade for John Scott

Old
01-18-2014, 11:03 PM
topchowda

Quote:
Originally Posted by sVpph View Post
That was awesome! Sadly, it's something that would never happen with this current group of pansies
Yeah really awesome, all the top teams (Ana, chi, pitt) line brawl!! 1

Could care less about line brawls and face punchers. I would be comfortable playing hall against kassian and letting hall give him some lumber to the jaw if Kassian does something

Last edited by topchowda: 01-18-2014 at 11:14 PM.
Old
01-18-2014, 11:05 PM
topchowda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloth Slothersons View Post
**** our team is full of soft, small *******. Why can't we do that?
Because you don't build a team full of favepunchers. Line brawls happen once a season. Why drag your team down with sesistos to prep for one fight

Old
01-18-2014, 11:10 PM
topchowda

I support what torts did, and PJ stock is probably one of the worst TV personalities I've ever heard

Old
01-18-2014, 11:12 PM
Copperhead

Gagner for John Scott? #worthit

That said some real thoughts on what's going on here:

1) Torts played a role in that start. No way he should be that pissed off.
2) Westgarth is a punk. Has his gloves off and grabs Lain and starts swinging. He should have gotten an instigator for that one although I can't blame the refs for missing it with all that going on.
3) Bieksa went after Smid as much as the reverse. That's fine. Sestito and McGrattan were willing combatants. Same with Jones and Wiese. Lain didn't have much of a choice with Westgarth. Garrison and Butler seemed to both decide they felt left out.
4) So maybe the Canucks deserve a PP which they got but that's it.

Of course lots more happening in the game. I hope Burrows appreciates getting his jaw poked at after Kassian mocked Gagner for his protector.

Old
01-18-2014, 11:15 PM
Copperhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by topchowda View Post
I support what torts did, and PJ stock is probably one of the worst TV personalities I've ever heard
I won't disagree about PJ Stock although he's not as bad as Weekes and Healy.

That said I'm not sure what you support about Torts? Him starting his knuckle draggers in response to Bob Hartley?

Freaking out on the bench?

Chasing the Flames down towards their dressing room?

Personally none of that was so smart by Torts and I'm expecting a suspension for him.

Old
01-18-2014, 11:19 PM
GreatKeith
Super Smashed Oilers

vCash: 217
Torts should send out whatever goons he has left against Hudler and Backlund and Monahan.

Old
01-18-2014, 11:22 PM
topchowda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copperhead View Post
I won't disagree about PJ Stock although he's not as bad as Weekes and Healy.

That said I'm not sure what you support about Torts? Him starting his knuckle draggers in response to Bob Hartley?

Freaking out on the bench?

Chasing the Flames down towards their dressing room?

Personally none of that was so smart by Torts and I'm expecting a suspension for him.
The whole situation was dumb. But if your gunna respond to some **** antics by hartly you might as well go all in. We saw what happened when John Scott (useless) went after kessel (elite). Kessel defended himself and got suspended. Why risk starting sedin against westgarth and losing sedin to injury/suspension. The canucks are an actual competitive team that need the sedins.

As far as going to the flames locker room, it was dumb, but hes showing emotion. Would rather my coach be outspoken then a rat like Hartley. Did you see him on the bench being a little **** when torts was screaming at him. He's like a little rat that aggigates but doesn't stand up for his actions

Old
Kyle McMahon

The book is out on Fonzie, he can't handle goonery at all despite not minding it when his team is dishing it out. Fits right in with the whole Vancouver attitude actually. I wish we had a coach like Hartley. Sadly, I doubt we will see any enforcers in the starting lineup on Tuesday even though it's very obvious what kind of positive effect they have against at team of fake tough pantywaists and their clownshoes coach.

Old
topchowda

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatKeith View Post
Torts should send out whatever goons he has left against Hudler and Backlund and Monahan.
Agreed. Eye for an eye

Old
01-18-2014, 11:27 PM
Kyle McMahon

Quote:
The whole situation was dumb. But if your gunna respond to some **** antics by hartly you might as well go all in. We saw what happened when John Scott (useless) went after kessel (elite). Kessel defended himself and got suspended. Why risk starting sedin against westgarth and losing sedin to injury/suspension. The canucks are an actual competitive team that need the sedins.

As far as going to the flames locker room, it was dumb, but hes showing emotion. Would rather my coach be outspoken then a rat like Hartley. Did you see him on the bench being a little **** when torts was screaming at him. He's like a little rat that aggigates but doesn't stand up for his actions
Nah, Hartley knows how to get under Fonzie's skin. Worked perfectly. Hartley invited Fonzie to a line brawl, Fonzie accepted by starting his goons, and then got his panties in a bunch when his team lost all the fights. Weise and Sestito are terrible pound for pound fighters, I really have no idea why Sestito is in the league to be honest. He does nothing well, and his uselessness showed tonight. I wouldn't be surprised if he got waived right away to be honest.

Old
01-18-2014, 11:27 PM
topchowda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle McMahon View Post
The book is out on Fonzie, he can't handle goonery at all despite not minding it when his team is dishing it out. Fits right in with the whole Vancouver attitude actually. I wish we had a coach like Hartley. Sadly, I doubt we will see any enforcers in the starting lineup on Tuesday even though it's very obvious what kind of positive effect they have against at team of fake tough pantywaists and their clownshoes coach.
The kind of positives like dishing out prime scoring chances like dinner.

Gazdic is the most gooniest player I'd take on my team. Tough but can sort of play.

If Hartley didn't start goons, torts wouldnt have. Eliminating the need for facepunchers.

The lesson should not be to beef up with plugs, it should be to not egg on opponents by starting goons

Old
01-18-2014, 11:29 PM
GreatKeith
Super Smashed Oilers

Generally you win hockey games by playing players who can play hockey. Not a lineup of Westgarths and McGrattans.

Old
01-18-2014, 11:33 PM
Fixed to Ruin
Come wit it now!

Would have paid good money to listen to a mic'ed up Tortorella tonight

Old
01-18-2014, 11:36 PM
yukoner88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fixed to Ruin View Post
Would have paid good money to listen to a mic'ed up Tortorella tonight
I'm curious about what he'll say in the post game interviews, I'm looking forward to it lol

Old
01-18-2014, 11:44 PM
Kyle McMahon

Quote:
The kind of positives like dishing out prime scoring chances like dinner.

Gazdic is the most gooniest player I'd take on my team. Tough but can sort of play.

If Hartley didn't start goons, torts wouldnt have. Eliminating the need for facepunchers.

The lesson should not be to beef up with plugs, it should be to not egg on opponents by starting goons
Calgary gained an edge against a superior team. Is the game tied late in the third period if Fonzie doesn't have a meltdown? Doubtful. This sort of thing fires up and inspires a team that really has nothing to play for at this point. Would it work every game? Of course not. But Hartley chose his spot well, and the inspired Flames might pull off the upset.

Old
01-18-2014, 11:47 PM
yukoner88

Quote:
Calgary gained an edge against a superior team. Is the game tied late in the third period if Fonzie doesn't have a meltdown? Doubtful. This sort of thing fires up and inspires a team that really has nothing to play for at this point. Would it work every game? Of course not. But Hartley chose his spot well, and the inspired Flames might pull off the upset.
Got them a point atleast as its going into OT

Old
01-18-2014, 11:48 PM
syz
[1, 5, 6, 14]

Tortorella is probably not a great coach for a team that has a history of losing their composure...

Old
01-18-2014, 11:51 PM
yukoner88

^^^ I think the honeymoon between Torts and the Vancouver will be coming to an end soon if they don't start stringing some wins together.

Old
01-18-2014, 11:53 PM
GreatKeith
Super Smashed Oilers

Quote:
Getting d-men kicked out of the game probably isn't a good idea.... Most of the remaining ones are playing well above their usual TOI.

Closed Thread