HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Free agency predictions

Old
10-14-2013, 01:56 AM
HabsRockBruinsChoke

vCash: 500
Free agency predictions

Assuming we release Gionta (his $5mil cap will pretty much go straight to Subban's raise) , Parros (i'll explain later), Bouillon (likely to retire), Murray (slow, not the habs style), Diaz (terrible during playoffs and can't be physical or score goals) next year, and by looking at our needs I believe something like the following is very possible to happen:

Pacioretty - Eller - Gallagher
J. Jokinen - Galchenyuk - Briere
Bourque - Plekanec - McCarron
Prust - White - Moen

Markov - Subban
Emelin - Gorges
Tinordi - Meszaros
Beaulieu

So as you can see we would have 2 new guys to diagnose our needs. J. Jokinen is getting a huge raise next year and Pittsburgh will be unable to resign him. Although he is Briere's size, he still can score very well (same or better than patches) and is motivated for the cup. Meszaros is a huge d-man stuck in a bad team that is just going into rebuilding phase. Will sign as our 3rd pairing and deliver some big hits along with Tinordi.

Rest of the cap will go towards the raises for the UFAs and RFAs next year. I'd say this is pretty reasonable especially considering the fact that Thomas is also likely to move into the full time roster next year..

I want to write more but I have class in few min, let me know what you think.

HabsRockBruinsChoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2013, 02:12 AM
Dean Ambrose
Just a little crazy

vCash: 133
You really think McCarron will be on the main team next year? No Bournival?

Edit: Meszaros and Jokinen? No thanks. Jokinen may be hot now, but he's playing on a line with Malkin. We need more size.

Last edited by Dean Ambrose: 10-14-2013 at 02:19 AM.
Dean Ambrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2013, 02:36 AM
rockjngo

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsRockBruinsChoke View Post
Assuming we release Gionta (his $5mil cap will pretty much go straight to Subban's raise) , Parros (i'll explain later), Bouillon (likely to retire), Murray (slow, not the habs style), Diaz (terrible during playoffs and can't be physical or score goals) next year, and by looking at our needs I believe something like the following is very possible to happen:

Pacioretty - Eller - Gallagher
J. Jokinen - Galchenyuk - Briere
Bourque - Plekanec - McCarron
Prust - White - Moen

Markov - Subban
Emelin - Gorges
Tinordi - Meszaros
Beaulieu

So as you can see we would have 2 new guys to diagnose our needs. J. Jokinen is getting a huge raise next year and Pittsburgh will be unable to resign him. Although he is Briere's size, he still can score very well (same or better than patches) and is motivated for the cup. Meszaros is a huge d-man stuck in a bad team that is just going into rebuilding phase. Will sign as our 3rd pairing and deliver some big hits along with Tinordi.

Rest of the cap will go towards the raises for the UFAs and RFAs next year. I'd say this is pretty reasonable especially considering the fact that Thomas is also likely to move into the full time roster next year..

I want to write more but I have class in few min, let me know what you think.

I've been smoking alot of weed, I'm not sure what you're smoking but no thanks. Meszaros is an injury prone and is not a top 4 defenseman. Have you seen Meszaros play? Sure he's 6'2" but he plays like 5'4. Think Rory Fritzpatrick with $4 million price tag. Do you know Tampa got rid of him after signing him to a 6 year deal with $24 million. J. Jokinen? This guy is only good, was good in penalty shot, other than that, his 5-5 play sucks, think Patrick Poulin. I believe these moves will be a step backward.

rockjngo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2013, 08:40 AM
PricePkPatch

Too many silly assumptions, DD seems to turn into a puff of smoke and "Bouillon retires"?!

Yhea. No.

PricePkPatch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2013, 08:50 AM
mark24

I also feel you are way off here. I dont want any part of either of those guys. Doubt McCarron pushes for a spot with the big team before 15/16 season. Not sure how the Markov situation sorts itself out, but I don't know that he's back with the Habs next year. I'm guessing Desharnais must have disappeared as if it were the playoffs or a puck battle in the corner?

mark24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2013, 08:50 AM
Feintastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPrice 31 View Post
You really think McCarron will be on the main team next year? No Bournival?

Edit: Meszaros and Jokinen? No thanks. Jokinen may be hot now, but he's playing on a line with Malkin. We need more size.
I was laughin my ass off when I heard Normand Flynn @RDS saying Jussi Jokinen is a ''1st plan acquisition'' for the Pens.

Like you said he is hot right now but he's playing with the super megastar Malkin, that's the big reason he looks good. We're talking about a player that Carolina gave away for a 4th round pick and I dont want him in MTL. Meszaros neither, another overrated player.

oh and btw Eminem is god

Feintastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2013, 08:56 AM
Crimson Skorpion
Global Moderator

vCash: 50
Awards:
First problem I have with this is the dismissal of Plekanec. I doubt the Habs let him walk. He's too important for this team defensively to just let go for nothing.

Next, Desharnais will not just be traded for the sake of getting rid of him. Your lack of explanation on why he is gone doesn't make it any better.

Meszaros? Diaz is better than him and cheaper too.

Where's Bournival?

McCarron on the team?

There is just so much wrong with this line-up.

Old
10-14-2013, 09:27 AM
Habsawce

vCash: 200
Odds are they'll stay the course for the most part. Re-sign Markov to a 3 year deal, Subban gets his raise; Bouillon walks; Murray is gone, Emelin and Diaz are re-signed to 2 year deals and they try and fill in spots with youth earning spots. It's been the mentality all along and I don't see why this would change.

Also I think Desharnais gets moved for maybe a Dman or a young prospect this season.

Pacioretty-Eller-Briere
Galchenyuk-Plekanec-Gallagher
Bourque-Bournival-Leblanc
Moen-Prust-Parros/Thomas

Markov-Subban
Gorges-Diaz
Beaulieu-Tinordi
Drewiski

Price
Budaj

This lack of change will lead to continuity and familiarity in the line up and will leave a lot of flexibility down the line with cap space. Also there could be a free agent signing but I wouldn't count on anything big, doesn't seem to happen often for MTL but you never know.

Habsawce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2013, 09:54 AM
Captain Smurf
Naively Optimistic

Where is dd? Where is Bournival? Why is McCarron in the line-up?

I'm not a fan of Jokinen, especially with how insulated he is with Pittsburgh's centers. Plenty of better value options available, like Vrbata, Downie, Raymond and Moss. If you want production, go after the likes of Hemsky and Steen.

I like Meszaros, but there are so many UFA defenceman still unsigned that could help the Habs that I think that even Emelin shouldn't be resigned if his contract demands are to high and/or his injury affects his mobility. Mez, along with Klesla, Nikitin, Ericsson, Orpik, Mitchell and Tallinder could help the Habs a lot next season.

I'd be stoked if Montreal's opening day line-up looked like this next season, although its just a template.

Pacioretty - Plekanec - Briere
Galchenyuk - Eller - Gallagher
Bourque - Desharnais - Moss
Prust - Bournival - Moen

White/*enter random facepuncher*

Gorges - Subban
Markov - Ericsson
Tinordi - Beaulieu

+Whatever solid depth defenceman MB can get

Price
Budaj

Captain Smurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2013, 09:58 AM
pine

vCash: 50
Justin Jokinen is a terrible hockey player. Can't believe I was wanted the Habs to draft him back in 2008.

pine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2013, 11:30 AM
jpchabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by pine View Post
Justin Jokinen is a terrible hockey player. Can't believe I was wanted the Habs to draft him back in 2008.
Is that a joke?

jpchabby is offline   Reply With Quote