HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Latendresse & Bourett

Closed Thread

Old
07-15-2005, 10:25 PM
King Fish

vCash: 500
Latendresse & Bourett

Both look like solid mid 1st round picks and are wingers. Any insight on either player and which would pick for the Flyers?

Old
07-16-2005, 01:49 AM
not quite yoda

Bourret is dynamite. Although "small" at 5'10", he is very solidly built at well over 210 pounds at age 18. He is in the Brendan Morrow mould. Very intense and physical, aggressive, hits hard, backchecks, forechecks at finished in the Q's top 10 scorers as a "youngster".

Upside is a solid contributor as a top 6 FWD on a contender. Downside is a dependable, hardworking character checking line guy. In any event, he'll be a valuable commodity. I have him at no7 on my list.

Latendresse is a bit of an enigma. A bit inconsistant. Was considered several years ago as a challenger for the 2nd overall pick. Dislocated shoulder de-railed that possibility. He started last season in re-hab and started slow. Finished strong and had an excellent performance in the 1st round despite getting eliminated. Was on a very average team.

Big strong Pwr FWD. Did not stand out with Team Canada at U18 in the spring despite being a top 6 FWD on a silver medal team.

Can hit but is far more laid back than Bourret. Could be this year's Wolski and slip far in the draft (?). Good shot. They say PWR FWDs take time to develop so who knows. Could bust too.

Old
07-16-2005, 02:33 AM
ZombieMatt

I'd just like to echo what a monster Latendresse was in the first round. I saw him play live all three games in Moncton and he was very Iginla-esque (2004 playoffs) in that he did everything. He was a hitting beast, scored, made space, and even fought.

Old
07-16-2005, 05:46 AM
Vikke
FHM 13 researcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt MacInnis
I'd just like to echo what a monster Latendresse was in the first round. I saw him play live all three games in Moncton and he was very Iginla-esque (2004 playoffs) in that he did everything. He was a hitting beast, scored, made space, and even fought.
I'd love to have Latendresse on the team. He's a very Flyerish player.

Old
07-16-2005, 08:37 AM
King Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikke
I'd love to have Latendresse on the team. He's a very Flyerish player.
Thanks for the input!

Old
07-17-2005, 03:35 PM
Flyman

Send a message via MSN to Flyman
If Clarkie can't get Bobby Ryan, I would be very pleased with Guillaume Latendresse. He is a prototypical power forward, and I think he would be a perfect fit in Philly.

Just my 2 cents.

Old
07-17-2005, 08:59 PM
Clancy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyman
If Clarkie can't get Bobby Ryan, I would be very pleased with Guillaume Latendresse. He is a prototypical power forward, and I think he would be a perfect fit in Philly.

Just my 2 cents.
that's what i was thinking. he'd be a pretty good consolation prize if we don't get a pick that is close enough to the top 6(latest he could go). from what i've heard, he's more physical but doesn't have bobby's slick hands and great vision.

Closed Thread