HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

trade Edmonton&Philly

Closed Thread

Old
07-16-2005, 12:20 PM
peteo

vCash: 500
trade Edmonton&Philly

To Philly Smith&Torres
To Edmonton Handzus&Seidenberg.Or Sharp

Old
07-16-2005, 12:23 PM
Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by peteo
To Philly Smith&Torres
To Edmonton Handzus&Seidenberg.Or Sharp
we aren't going to be trading any dmen.

Old
07-16-2005, 12:33 PM
donelikedinner

why would we practically give Zeus away for free? if edmonton wants him, how about smith + 1rst rounder this year + 2 free passes to the water park at the west edmonton mall. you need us more than we need you.

Old
07-16-2005, 12:54 PM
mercury

Jester, I would agree with you, but Seidenberg is one guy I could see go. I have heard rumors of him not being Hitch's favorite (although I have no idea if this is true), he is young, he in fantastic shape, and he could be a second pairing/power play guy for some of the teams weaker on D. Jason Smith is 31, has a lot left in the tank, and is very physical while still being resposible. Raffi Torres could top out as a 2nd line power forward. I would be very happy with this deal from a Philadelphia perspective. Our top 6 LW hole would be filled, our physical top 4 defenseman hole would be filled, and we'd add no salary in the process (I believe that Handzus+Seidenberg = Smith+Torres exactly in salary). If Edmonton wanted Sharp instead, I'd probably do that, too. After our buyouts, we'd have the $ to sign a depth defenseman, and a top 6 center. Possible lines, if it's Seids who goes:

Gagne-Carter-Roenick
Knuble-UFA-Radivojevic
Torres-Primeau-Kapanen
Stevenson-Richards-Sharp
Somik, Fedoruk

Johnsson-Smith
Markov-Pitkanen
Desjardins-UFA
Timander

Esche, Nitty

Not bad, IMO.

Old
07-16-2005, 02:15 PM
Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercury
Jester, I would agree with you, but Seidenberg is one guy I could see go. I have heard rumors of him not being Hitch's favorite (although I have no idea if this is true), he is young, he in fantastic shape, and he could be a second pairing/power play guy for some of the teams weaker on D.
every quote i've EVER seen of Hitch talking about Seids is positive... he was just really young when he got here, from Europe (not used to smaller rink, more physical play), and undersized... that's not a good combination for playing right away on a very competitive team.

he's an excellent skater with a VERY good slapshot on the point and has learned to play positional defense along the boards much better to control his man. so he won't get shoved around nearly as much... he also proved a LOT to this organization by working hard to get back from that broken leg in time to even dress in the playoffs...

for a team with a weaker D? he's going to be on our second pairing here... the guy has a cannon from the point, pair him with a QB dman on the PP and let him just send bombs towards the net looking for deflection/rebound/straight goal. obviously we don't know what our final D situation is going to be, if we get Nieds (doubtful) put him and Pitkanen on the first unit and then throw KJ and Seids out on the second... i could also see KJ/Pits and Rico/Seids being our PP units... obviously Malakhov will be back there if they actually re-sign him.

needless to say, expect Seids back there this year... we don't have the depth be to trading away Dmen from our current top-6.

Old
07-16-2005, 02:23 PM
Brad*

Radio on the "second" line? Yuck.

I'd have Torres with Knuble as Mike can play either side, Stevenson with Primeau and Kapanen, and Radio on the fourth line where I think he belongs.

Old
07-16-2005, 02:47 PM
Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad
Radio on the "second" line? Yuck.

I'd have Torres with Knuble as Mike can play either side, Stevenson with Primeau and Kapanen, and Radio on the fourth line where I think he belongs.
Radio is better than a fourth line player... he played well when paired with Primeau last year.

Old
07-16-2005, 03:37 PM
RJ8812
Gunner Stahl #9

vCash: 769
Quote:
Jester, I would agree with you, but Seidenberg is one guy I could see go. I have heard rumors of him not being Hitch's favorite (although I have no idea if this is true), he is young, he in fantastic shape, and he could be a second pairing/power play guy for some of the teams weaker on D. Jason Smith is 31, has a lot left in the tank, and is very physical while still being resposible. Raffi Torres could top out as a 2nd line power forward. I would be very happy with this deal from a Philadelphia perspective. Our top 6 LW hole would be filled, our physical top 4 defenseman hole would be filled, and we'd add no salary in the process (I believe that Handzus+Seidenberg = Smith+Torres exactly in salary). If Edmonton wanted Sharp instead, I'd probably do that, too. After our buyouts, we'd have the $ to sign a depth defenseman, and a top 6 center. Possible lines, if it's Seids who goes:

Gagne-Carter-Roenick
Knuble-UFA-Radivojevic
Torres-Primeau-Kapanen
Stevenson-Richards-Sharp
Somik, Fedoruk

Johnsson-Smith
Markov-Pitkanen
Desjardins-UFA
Timander

Esche, Nitty

Not bad, IMO.
clarke said timander wont be back next season

Old
07-16-2005, 03:44 PM
OILBEEF

Quote:
Originally Posted by donelikedinner
why would we practically give Zeus away for free? if edmonton wants him, how about smith + 1rst rounder this year + 2 free passes to the water park at the west edmonton mall. you need us more than we need you.
Right, Uh huh! DUH! We need you, bend over, let me at you, NOW!!

Old
07-16-2005, 03:49 PM
OILBEEF

Quote:
I would be very happy with this deal from a Philadelphia perspective. Our top 6 LW hole would be filled, our physical top 4 defenseman hole would be filled, and we'd add no salary in the process (I believe that Handzus+Seidenberg = Smith+Torres exactly in salary). If Edmonton wanted Sharp instead, I'd probably do that, too. After our buyouts, we'd have the $ to sign a depth defenseman, and a top 6 center. Possible lines, if it's Seids who goes:
You wish! Smith is a guy everybody wants on their team. It'll cost you more than that. Handzuz+1St Rounder 2005 = Smith.

Old
07-16-2005, 04:05 PM
Brad*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester
Radio is better than a fourth line player... he played well when paired with Primeau last year.
He's not better than any of the players you're putting him above. Trying to put him on an offensive line would be a terrible idea.

Old
07-16-2005, 04:16 PM
Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad
He's not better than any of the players you're putting him above. Trying to put him on an offensive line would be a terrible idea.
a) i didn't make any lines here...
b) third line with primeau is NOT an offensive line.

Old
07-16-2005, 04:26 PM
MojoJojo

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Flyers_
clarke said timander wont be back next season
Where did you see that?

Old
07-16-2005, 04:32 PM
MainFlame

You're dealing with the wrong alberta team.

Lydman and a 2nd for Mr. Handzus

Old
07-16-2005, 04:40 PM
mercury

Did I read Handzus+1st rounder = Smith? God, I am really glad the vast majority of Oilers fans are more intelligent than OILBEEF. They are some of my favorite non-Flyers fans, and I like a number of players in their lineup, too. donelikedinner, Handzus+1st is almost as bad as OILBEEF's proposal. Jason Smith will make $1.97 million after the rollback, and is signed at that for another 3 years, IIRC. He is truly unsung as a physical, defensive d-man. Great leader, too. I don't know what is up with Malakhov, so a strong veteran would be a fantastic addition. Raffi Torres is another guy who is looking good. He's as strong as an ox, and could grow into a 50-point power forward. I think it could work.

I didn't read anything about Timander, other than some speculation he might not want to return to the U.S. That's fair enough. We have a couple of Phantoms who would fit as a seventh defenseman.

Old
07-16-2005, 04:49 PM
mercury

Quote:
Originally Posted by MainFlame
You're dealing with the wrong alberta team.

Lydman and a 2nd for Mr. Handzus
That is not the worst starting point for a trade I have ever heard, either. How much is Lydman signed at, and for how long?

Old
07-16-2005, 05:04 PM
Brad*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester
a) i didn't make any lines here...
b) third line with primeau is NOT an offensive line.
Take a look at the post I replied to. He's paired on the "second" line with Mike Knuble. That's an offensive line, and that's what I'm talking about. You simply stated that he played well with Primeau last year, and I didn't realize that you meant he should play with him again. Regardless, he isn't good enough to be put in an offensive role.

Old
07-16-2005, 06:07 PM
MainFlame

Quote:
That is not the worst starting point for a trade I have ever heard, either. How much is Lydman signed at, and for how long?
i believe that he has one more year left at $1.9 million.

Old
07-16-2005, 06:15 PM
mercury

Hmmmm. . . I wonder if he will demand much of a raise. I would not want to give up Zeus for a rental.

Old
07-16-2005, 06:20 PM
MainFlame

I can't imagine him getting much of a raise under the new CBA. He doesn't put up the numbers to warrant anymore than $2.4.

Old
07-16-2005, 06:48 PM
mercury

That is fair. Is that $1.9 million before the rollback, too? The 2nd rounder makes the deal more enticing, but Zeus is really valuable right now. Perhaps Handzus+Martin Houle for Lydman, Eric Nystrom or Jamie Tardiff, and a 2nd. Wouldn't mind sending you a good goalie prospect for a good winger prospect, which we are lacking right now.

Old
07-16-2005, 08:15 PM
Brad*

His salary is 1.9 million after the rollback. He's a nice defenseman, but not at the price of Handzus.

Old
07-16-2005, 09:15 PM
King Fish

How about Handzus for Regehr? I would love to get either Lydman or Regehr, that would solidify our Defence. I imagine would be looking for more in return for Regehr.

Old
07-17-2005, 12:30 AM
mikedifr

Rado was a potential 2nd liner when draftd by colorado. He was expected to be a 25 goal player. I think he still has this potential as he is young, but needs to play with the right guys. He is at worst a very good 3rd line player, definitely not 4th.

Old
07-17-2005, 12:34 AM
MojoJojo

Radio isnt exactly a shut down guy, and he has never shown himself capable as a NHL scorer. He is what? 25 now? And he's still supposed to be improving? He is a decent player, but dont kid yourself about him.

Closed Thread