HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Around the NHL II - 11/8: Oilers Go Insane.

Closed Thread

Old
11-02-2013, 12:20 PM
Punxrocknyc19*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clowe Knows Best View Post
Kaleta placed on waivers, now that surprises me.
imagine the riot if Sather claimed him

Old
11-02-2013, 12:37 PM
Ail
k.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punxrocknyc19 View Post
imagine the riot if Sather claimed him
Imagine the riot if Holmgren claimed him.

Old
11-02-2013, 12:53 PM
Punxrocknyc19*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ailurophile View Post
Imagine the riot if Holmgren claimed him.
he does fit their team.. i wont be shocked if the Penguins did this to replace Matt Cooke

Old
11-02-2013, 12:59 PM
eco's bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfish View Post
Yeah, it's an interesting system if you think about it.

Dubinsky jumps in to protect Boyle who is getting his face mashed into the ice while a referee stands there watching. Third-man in, game misconduct.

I mean, if there's a line brawl going on, and the linesmen are tangled up in other fights - if you're a referee standing right next to a guy getting the back of his head smashed, I think you should step in.

You want to protect players heads? You sure about that?
Dubinsky got a lot of heat for that by some people on these boards. He did the right thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Tank View Post
This should be the end of the gooning for Philly.

Not because they're embarrassed of trying it but because they got the **** kicked out of them in the fights. Simmonds did a nice job of tying up Wilson, but Downie got cracked open like a coconut, Urbom didn't know what the hell to do but when he figured it out he threw some haymakers at Schenn who was lucky he chickened out and kept his visor helmet on or the Flyers could have gotten a group rate at the local hospital. And of course Lecavalier got his face pounded by a non-fighter who gave up 25 pounds, didn't want to fight, but still took care of Lecavalier.

Now the 2/3 of the Flyers top line is injured from the fights, facial injuries to be exact. Bad for the team and plain humiliating if you're the ones trying to goon it up.

The Broadstreet Bullies days are long gone. Idiots.
Urbom wants to be a tough guy but he hasn't got a clue. Brayden Schenn wailing on him. That's the first time I think I've seen Schenn win. You obviously don't know much about Steve Oleksey if you think he's a non-fighter. That guy is a tough tough dude. Vinny was in way over his head.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loffen View Post
Meh. **** like that is still awesome to watch once in a while, no matter how bush league it might be.
I can't get very worked up over Flyers beating on Caps or vice versa. Refs looked like clowns trying to figure out what to do. The Flyers new guy gets a concussion--that trade is already working out well.

Last edited by eco's bones: 11-02-2013 at 01:13 PM.
Old
11-02-2013, 01:10 PM
silverfish
KEVIN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones View Post
Dubinsky got a lot of heat for that by some people on these boards. He did the right thing.
Agree fully.

If anyone picks up Patty, I sure hope it's somewhere out west. If the Flyers pick him up... mother of god.

Old
11-02-2013, 01:20 PM
OverTheCap

So long as the likes of Bobby Clarke and Paul Holmgren are the GMs of the Flyers, the "Broad Street Bullies" mentality will never go away in Philly. Firing Lavi for Berube and trading Talbot for Downie is a statement to the rest of the league that if they can't win games, they are going to kick your ***** and act like pugilists. Classy.

Old
11-02-2013, 01:30 PM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

I loved Keith Jones' homer card. When he's on a national telecast for NBCSN, The guy is the biggest complainer about guys being classless, guys being dirty, and hits that are unnecessary. Yet for his hometown Comcast broadcast, he actually comes across like a braggart with Emery vs Holtby.

Old
11-02-2013, 01:37 PM
Raspewtin
Adderall Admiral

vCash: 243
Quote:
He did? I loved that he did that. I couldn't believe the third man in garbage though.

Old
11-02-2013, 01:55 PM
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

Personally I have zero problem with anything the Flyers did except Emery jumping Holtby when he clearly did not want to go, and not letting up at all. Deserves a suspension and it is a dirty move. Number two issue was the ref not jumping in but that's not the Flyers' fault.

Simmonds was sending a message about the battle level of his team and Tom Wilson is no slouch. No problem with that when your team is getting rocked. Better than giving up all physical play and going quietly into the night. Did not see how Schenn/Urbom started but no real issue with how the fight went down or the fact that the situation in general escalated.

Lastly, the above mentioned Dubi incident is one of the many reasons why I loved the guy. Frustrating as he was at times...

11-02-2013, 01:57 PM
Raspewtin
Adderall Admiral

I'm definitely in the minority but I wouldn't totally hate picking up Kaleta from waivers. Sack of scum or not, he's incredibly effective for a bottom 6 player.

Old
11-02-2013, 02:09 PM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raspewtin View Post
I'm definitely in the minority but I wouldn't totally hate picking up Kaleta from waivers. Sack of scum or not, he's incredibly effective for a bottom 6 player.
Loose cannon. We already saw Hollweg cost this team in the playoffs. Not worth it.

Old
11-02-2013, 03:21 PM
Black Tank

Quote:

Urbom wants to be a tough guy but he hasn't got a clue. Brayden Schenn wailing on him. That's the first time I think I've seen Schenn win. You obviously don't know much about Steve Oleksey if you think he's a non-fighter. That guy is a tough tough dude. Vinny was in way over his head.

I can't get very worked up over Flyers beating on Caps or vice versa. Refs looked like clowns trying to figure out what to do. The Flyers new guy gets a concussion--that trade is already working out well.
Oh, I know Oleksy and he plays hard but he is NOT a good fighter. Speaking of which, he and Dubinsky had a hilarious dust up earlier this season where they looked like they were playing patty cakes and both looked like they were hoping the linesmen would break it up. And if that's the type of guy that's going to put one of your players out of the lineup, then your team sucks at gooning. Philly fail tastes sweet.

Old
11-02-2013, 03:35 PM
Krams
what a time

vCash: 69
Quote:
I agree. Good penalty killer. Can provide some offense. Plays with some ****ing edge to his game. He draws a ton of penalties. Reminds me of Avery, just dirtier.

Old
11-02-2013, 04:10 PM
Thirty One
portnor, pls

vCash: 420
Quote:
I'm not seeing it. He has 1 goal and 0 assists in his last 51 games. His possession numbers are an abortion.

Rangers Unlimited
Hockey Graphs
Old
11-02-2013, 04:20 PM
eco's bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Tank View Post
Oh, I know Oleksy and he plays hard but he is NOT a good fighter. Speaking of which, he and Dubinsky had a hilarious dust up earlier this season where they looked like they were playing patty cakes and both looked like they were hoping the linesmen would break it up. And if that's the type of guy that's going to put one of your players out of the lineup, then your team sucks at gooning. Philly fail tastes sweet.
Well maybe I overstated it but you understated it with the post I commented on. Oleksey's a 4 year pro. He had 13 fights in his rookie season--13 the year after--then 11 and last year 17. He's not a non-fighter. Some of the guys he fought are pretty lame--sometimes he's not done so well--he got his ass kicked by a smaller Kris Newbury but he's also done well in others and he's fought numerous minor league tough guys in his 4 years--like Bobby Robbins or Justin Johnson. He even fought Big Snake. LeCavalier's done well sometimes in the past but he's been a very infrequent fighter. I still think he was in over his head with this one.

Old
11-02-2013, 05:11 PM
Ail
k.

Quote:
Even if he was a somewhat effective bottom-six player, (something I disagree with) having a scum bag like this on the team is not advisable. It could have locker-room ramifications or end up biting the team in the ass during a close game if he chooses to do something stupid.

On a more biased note, I would puke seeing him in a Rangers sweater.

Old
11-02-2013, 06:16 PM
Raspewtin
Adderall Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ailurophile View Post
Even if he was a somewhat effective bottom-six player, (something I disagree with) having a scum bag like this on the team is not advisable. It could have locker-room ramifications or end up biting the team in the ass during a close game if he chooses to do something stupid.

On a more biased note, I would puke seeing him in a Rangers sweater.
As would I. Scummiest of scum. I'd only hate Matt Cooke on this roster more.

Old
11-02-2013, 07:07 PM
Bullseyes

Quote:
Anthony SanFilippo
‏@InsideTheFlyers
Ray Emery the starting goalie for the #Flyers tonight.
https://twitter.com/InsideTheFlyers/...66118066397184

I don't want Kaleta anywhere near the Rangers.

+ Bure is one of my all-time favorite players. It's nice to see his jersey finally retired by Vancouver.

Last edited by Bullseyes: 11-02-2013 at 07:14 PM.
Old
11-02-2013, 07:57 PM
Raspewtin
Adderall Admiral

Kessel and Burrows fighting in the VAN-TOR game and it's hysterical.

Old
11-02-2013, 08:12 PM
Drewbackatu*

Quote:
As would I. Scummiest of scum. I'd only hate Matt Cooke on this roster more.
Matt Cooke is head and shoulders better than any of our bottom 6 so most of us would have welcomed him here with open arms.

Old
11-02-2013, 09:50 PM
GFiP

I can't stop lol'ing at the little Debbies

Shut out by ray ****ing emery

Old
11-02-2013, 09:57 PM
trilobyte

I can hardly believe how bad the Flyers are. In the same breath, I guess that has to imply that the Devils are as crappy, but for some reason the Devils always look better against the Rangers than the Flyers.
Looking at the gleeful fans cheering Emery on brings back that same 'ol feelin' 'bout Flyers fans.
**** 'em.

Old
11-03-2013, 01:25 AM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Stamkos' goal tonight was a beauty!

Old
11-03-2013, 02:00 AM
emodwarf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewbackatu View Post
Matt Cooke is head and shoulders better than any of our bottom 6 so most of us would have welcomed him here with open arms.
I don't think you know what "most of us" or "open arms" really means. Welcome him with strangle hands, maybe? Cooke is a turd and not what the Rangers locker room needs.

Old
11-03-2013, 06:51 AM
Punxrocknyc19*

Amazing tribute to Pavel Bure.

this brought back a lot of amazing memories...

Last edited by Punxrocknyc19*: 11-03-2013 at 07:11 AM.
Closed Thread