HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Marc Bergevin looking for a defensemen since ...

Old
10-14-2013, 04:10 PM
Chris Cutter
Devil's Advocate

vCash: 500
We could take Jovanovski off their hands. He'd be off our books just in time for the two Gallys.

Chris Cutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2013, 04:18 PM
habs88
Ya I'm a habs fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24Cups View Post
Crappy career? Traded "nothing" for Kovalev, traded a UFA dman who didn't like snow for Gorges and Pacioretty, drafted Price and Subban ... . Gomez' poor play is on Gomez, not Gainey.
Timmins is the head scout I give those to him, did we win a cup with kovalev? He scored a lot of goals but was a cancer to this team, he wasn't the worst gm in the league but he didn't do any good in montreal sorry.

Also guys the Gomez trade can be called whatever you want or blamed on Gomez I don't care, it happened. It set us back along with other bonehead moves made by Gainey towards at the end. Please stop with all this non sense that gainey was good now that he's gone lol

habs88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2013, 04:21 PM
WhatJustHappened
A.k.a compile

vCash: 693
Send a message via Skype™ to WhatJustHappened
Quote:
Originally Posted by Issacar View Post
So in other words you have no clue what injury prone means. Thanks.

WhatJustHappened is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2013, 04:22 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Cutter View Post
Who was the GM again when the Stars won the cup? Oh yeah that dude with the crappy career as a GM. His decision making as a GM started declining once his daughter died, perfectly understandable that his head wasn't completely in it anymore.
I thought he was a good Gm until that point. Pretty obvious the guy had (understandably) other things on his mind.

I don't know how he was even able to continue. I know I wouldn't have been able to. No way...

Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2013, 04:32 PM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
I thought he was a good Gm until that point. Pretty obvious the guy had (understandably) other things on his mind.

I don't know how he was even able to continue. I know I wouldn't have been able to. No way...
Really? Some of Gainey's most hated moves came before the death of his daughter: Samsonov signing, losing Beauchemin and Hainsey to waivers, the whole Theodore crisis, picking Price, Ribiero trade.

Gainey's moves pre-death weren't much different from his move after his daughters death. I always found that the tragedy was a convenient narrative people used to justify/rationalize what they percieved were moves that were much worse than before december 2006. In reality, outside of the Gomez trade, the moves aren't all that different: shipping of Latendresse and Grabovski, trading 2nds for vets to compete, trading Huet, signing Cammalleri and Gionta.

Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2013, 04:32 PM
andy28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs88 View Post
I'm fed up of hearing your bob gainey trade proposals retire while your ahead buddy
Wow. Talk about arrogant. You are fed up. Well, I guess people should have their trade proposals approved by you before they post them.

andy28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2013, 04:38 PM
Coldplay
Courage

Quote:
Originally Posted by theboss View Post
K so how about

Gorges
Pleks
1st
Are you out of your mind, wanting to deal all that for Bogosian?

Coldplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2013, 04:39 PM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldplay View Post
Are you out of your mind, wanting to deal all that for Bogosian?
I lol'd.

Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2013, 04:41 PM
Coldplay
Courage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
I lol'd.
I gagged.

Bogosian is still trying to live up to the hype of his draft selection. Meanwhile, we should trade a guy who's proven to be as good as him in Gorges, throw in a bonafide top-6, two-way center (they grow on trees, I tell ya) locked into a fair deal like Plekanec, AND to top it off, gift wrap them a 1st rounder with some bubbly.

That has to be a joke. Has to be.

Coldplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2013, 04:43 PM
LLoyd Christmas I

Dallas has a ton of D men. Who would we want from them?

LLoyd Christmas I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2013, 04:59 PM
Team_Spirit
SAINT RADULOV

Need RS D-man to play when PK is off the ice.

Dustin Byfuglien (3years left on contract)
Zbynek Michalek (2 years left on contract)

I think Byfuglien would be really expensive to get. Something like 1st pick, Lehkonen + something else.

Michalek would aslo be costly, maybe with PHX looking for a forward that can play now. Id give up DD + Ellis + 2nd pick

Gorges - Subban (R)
Markov - Byfuglien/Michalek (R)
Emelin - Diaz (R)

Team_Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2013, 05:02 PM
Spearmint Rhino

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLoyd Christmas I View Post
Dallas has a ton of D men. Who would we want from them?
Brendan Dillon but doubt he's available

What about Tanev on the Nucks? They need secondary scoring, maybe something with Bourque now that he's probably been dropped to our 3rd line behind Chucky & Pacs

Spearmint Rhino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2013, 05:04 PM
Issacar

Quote:
Originally Posted by compile View Post
So in other words you have no clue what injury prone means. Thanks.
You have an uncanny talent at putting words into people posts that were not there. Thanks.

Issacar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2013, 05:04 PM
habs88
Ya I'm a habs fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy28 View Post
Wow. Talk about arrogant. You are fed up. Well, I guess people should have their trade proposals approved by you before they post them.
It would be nice there would be a lot less arguing on these boards with ridiculous trade offers.

I agree it's a discussion board I didn't tell him to stop I told him to quit while he's a head

habs88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2013, 05:08 PM
Smokey Thompson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spearmint Rhino View Post
Brendan Dillon but doubt he's available

What about Tanev on the Nucks? They need secondary scoring, maybe something with Bourque now that he's probably been dropped to our 3rd line behind Chucky & Pacs
I wouldn't wanna move Bourque for a player of Tanev's caliber. I know Bourque is inconsistent, but he's on a fair contract and is one of our rare 6'2 forwards. And he wakes up during the playoffs.

The only roster player I'd be willing to move for a D like Tanev would be DD. We also have a ton of prospects that can be moved if the were talking about a bona fide 4th dman.

Smokey Thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2013, 05:12 PM
Issacar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoky Thompson View Post
I wouldn't wanna move Bourque for a player of Tanev's caliber. I know Bourque is inconsistent, but he's on a fair contract and is one of our rare 6'2 forwards. And he wakes up during the playoffs.

The only roster player I'd be willing to move for a D like Tanev would be DD. We also have a ton of prospects that can be moved if the were talking about a bona fide 4th dman.
I also doN,t believe that hte Canucks are really interested in shopping Tanev.

Old
10-14-2013, 05:17 PM
Spearmint Rhino

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoky Thompson View Post

True except the only potential top 4 D that DD will fetch is John Michael Liles and even that is iffy

Spearmint Rhino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2013, 05:26 PM
Road Rage

Why a trade ?

They can take Brisebois out of retirement, no ?

Or Dandenault ....

Road Rage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2013, 05:27 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Really? Some of Gainey's most hated moves came before the death of his daughter: Samsonov signing, losing Beauchemin and Hainsey to waivers, the whole Theodore crisis, picking Price, Ribiero trade.
Beauchemin and Hainsey... wasn't there weird circumstances behind that? I don't remember.

Samsonov was terrible.

Theodore he was able to trade away (big points to him for this.)

Price I think was actually a good move and have zero problem with.

I also had zero problem with dumping Ribeiro as I hated the guy. Should've got a better return? Sure. But I hated him so much I didn't care. Only player I've ever been embarrassed to have on the Habs.

Quote:
Gainey's moves pre-death weren't much different from his move after his daughters death. I always found that the tragedy was a convenient narrative people used to justify/rationalize what they percieved were moves that were much worse than before december 2006. In reality, outside of the Gomez trade, the moves aren't all that different: shipping of Latendresse and Grabovski, trading 2nds for vets to compete, trading Huet, signing Cammalleri and Gionta.
Maybe.

The Samsonov move was extremely puzzling. That one really sticks out as being bad. You could be right, maybe he would've been terrible anyway. But I give him a pass on everything after what happened there. The guy just should've stepped down. No parent should ever have to go through that.

Old
10-14-2013, 05:40 PM
Issacar

Samsonov was on the decline, but here was no way to know he would be so bad. I mean he's the only player I've ever seen dump the puck while i nthe offensive zone and skating back to the bench literally every single shifts he's on the ice.

He was so horrible they didn't even wanted to send him to Hamilton.

Old
10-14-2013, 05:44 PM
Habs8517

Cant blame Gainey for the moves after his daughter's death. He was not the one making them anyway, they are all on Pierre Gauthier's hands. I mean Gainey gave in his resignation 3 times but got rejected and forced to stay by Gilette. Better to blame those 2 morons then the guy with integrity.

Habs8517 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2013, 05:47 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs8517 View Post
Cant blame Gainey for the moves after his daughter's death. He was not the one making them anyway, they are all on Pierre Gauthier's hands. I mean Gainey gave in his resignation 3 times but got rejected and forced to stay by Gilette. Better to blame those 2 morons then the guy with integrity.
Never heard this.

Old
10-14-2013, 05:51 PM
Markowicz
Simple Jacques

Bogosian? Michalek? How about look into players that teams might actually want to trade, especially with what our organization would be willing to give up. I see two guys Nikitin and Rusty Klesla as two good potentials. Both are being healthy scratched right now, and both would improve our 3rd pairing. They both come at less than 3m a year and are free agents at the end of the year.

Markowicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2013, 05:53 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifthgear View Post
Marc Bergevin, would be looking for a defender, reports Bruce Garrioch.
Ottawa Sun reporter mentioned this in his article that the the Habs might try to pick a defensemen since the loss of Douglas Murray would be longer than expected. Also, Russian Alexei Emelin is not ready to make a return to the game.
David Desharnais could be the bargaining chip to acquire that defender?

Article found in http://25stanley.com/

Discuss ...
That's a skinny little red chip to throw on the table in exchange for a blue chip, or perhaps I should say trading yesterday's baguette for today's.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2013, 06:17 PM
Draft

Savard/Nikitin, Robidas or Niskanen/Despres would be prime targets.

Draft is offline   Reply With Quote