HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Marc Bergevin looking for a defensemen since ...

Old
10-14-2013, 06:34 PM
Habs88
Ya I'm a habs fan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
Never heard this.
I also never heard this

Habs88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2013, 06:41 PM
Corncob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team_Spirit View Post
Michalek would aslo be costly.
Ah, a phrase that's so often followed in trade proposals by a list of a roster player the poster wants to get rid of anyway, a redundant prospect that they don't care about. And probably a 2nd round draft pick as well.

Quote:
Id give up DD + Ellis + 2nd pick
Oh.

Corncob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2013, 07:28 PM
Habs8517

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
Never heard this.
http://www.vestiaire.ca/forums/index....html#msg31138
Quote:
''Pas moins de trois fois au cours des trois dernières années, Gainey a remis sa démission à son propriétaire! Elle fut refusée les deux premières fois, pas la troisième ou elle fut plus que bien accueillie! Les deux premières fois étaient lors du décès de sa fille et la deuxième*** il n'y a pas si longtemps; la troisième fois était il y a tres peu de temps (voire vendredi officiellement)''

***Pour ce qui est de la 2e fois, il est possible pour vous de relire avec un peu de recul maintenant, ce que j'écrivais ici : http://www.vestiaire.ca/forums/index...8.html#msg7388

''Bob aurait vraiment déposé sa lettre de démission mais personne ne veut l'accepter ni l'annoncer, Gillett est en larmes, les Molson fulminent et Boivin est sur le bord de se faire éjecter par Geoff si ce dernier finit par se décider...c'est le bordel total !''

Habs8517 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2013, 08:22 PM
habsfanatics

With some of Bergevin's moves to this point. I'd rather he stand pat. I haven't liked much of what he's done so far. Be careful what you wish for.

habsfanatics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2013, 08:42 PM
otto bond

Guys I would like would be a Girardi. Would cost something around Max and Gorges
Nikitin could be a good option and much cheaper....Gorges+ mid pick or prospect? You could argue that Gorges has more value.
Tyler Myers is a big risk high reward type player that could be avaible but how do you put a price on him? Big contract, underperformed that last 2 season still yougn and not stating the season on a good foot.
His teamate Tallinder could be a good target, cheaper but lest potential.

otto bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2013, 08:44 PM
googlymoogly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft View Post
Savard/Nikitin, Robidas or Niskanen/Despres would be prime targets.
Wonder what it would take to get Klein out of Nashville. Preds have a lot of D talent and could use a forward instead.

googlymoogly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2013, 08:51 PM
Born in 1909
Vive la France!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
How about we start with

1) not putting our 2 softest D man together as a pairing

2) not playing old washed up Françis Bouillon every game

3) not wasting our 1st round talents in the press box

Before thinking of giving away assets to get a defensmen
Exactly.

Born in 1909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2013, 08:52 PM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by otto bond View Post
Guys I would like would be a Girardi. Would cost something around Max and Gorges
Nikitin could be a good option and much cheaper....Gorges+ mid pick or prospect? You could argue that Gorges has more value.
Tyler Myers is a big risk high reward type player that could be avaible but how do you put a price on him? Big contract, underperformed that last 2 season still yougn and not stating the season on a good foot.
His teamate Tallinder could be a good target, cheaper but lest potential.
Girardi is a nice idea, but you can't go giving up Max for an impending UFA. Or even Gorges, really... we need to add to our defensive capability.

Have to watch the teams that are struggling a bit later on in the season, make do until then. There aren't going to be good trades available today.

Blind Gardien is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2013, 08:53 PM
compile
Give me Scotch!

vCash: 483
Send a message via Skype™ to compile
Quote:
Originally Posted by Issacar View Post
You have an uncanny talent at putting words into people posts that were not there. Thanks.
You have an uncanny knack for not understanding what you, yourself has said, go back to the original post I quoted and re-read the verbal diarrhea that you wrote.

Crosby is not injury prone. Can't control a player targeting your head. Pacio is injury prone as ever 10-20 hit he takes, he hurts an arm for 5-7 days. There is a major difference between them and their types/amounts of injuries.

Old
10-14-2013, 08:55 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Gardien View Post
Girardi is a nice idea, but you can't go giving up Max for an impending UFA. Or even Gorges, really... we need to add to our defensive capability.

Have to watch the teams that are struggling a bit later on in the season, make do until then. There aren't going to be good trades available today.
I'm not moving MaxPac for anybody unless we're getting a solid winger in return.
He's our best winger and we aren't really full of them.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2013, 09:01 PM
Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by googlymoogly View Post
Wonder what it would take to get Klein out of Nashville. Preds have a lot of D talent and could use a forward instead.
He's on a pretty outstanding deal based on his production. It sure as heck wouldn't be DD+, we'd likely be looking at some more high-end prospects and players.

Draft is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2013, 09:01 PM
otto bond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Gardien View Post

It's a gamble for us and I'm sure he would sign here.
I was also thinking about what would the Rags want, and they don't have much on the LW and not much to replace him. I also meant one or the other in a package.They don't want our DD, Gio's and Diaz. So Gorges and a 2nd plus a prospect like Baulieu or Max straight up. Would I do those type of deal? well that's a different story but that what the ticket would be IMO.

Old
10-14-2013, 09:08 PM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
Originally Posted by otto bond View Post
It's a gamble for us and I'm sure he would sign here.
I was also thinking about what would the Rags want, and they don't have much on the LW and not much to replace him. I also meant one or the other in a package.They don't want our DD, Gio's and Diaz. So Gorges and a 2nd plus a prospect like Baulieu or Max straight up. Would I do those type of deal? well that's a different story but that what the ticket would be IMO.
I'm glad you're not the GM. Terrible idea.

hockeyfan2k11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2013, 09:09 PM
Draft

I'm kind of hoping Murray isn't injured and he was just told to work out and lose weight before he could play....

Draft is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2013, 09:17 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs8517 View Post
That's what they were saying...they never heard this. That site is the same bunch who had this obsession about the Habs being soooooooo interested in Theo Peckham. I think that that site talked about that for the last 4 years. That so untouchable Peckham that the Oilers never wanted to give out until....they released him for nothing...and the Habs didn't want to pick a guy that would cost them nothing. Great site for entertainment purpose....not real infos.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2013, 09:24 PM
JayKing
Go Habs Go

vCash: 50
I'd love either Michalek or Klein, but the price tag is too high for what we'd be willing to give (aka Desharnais+)

JayKing is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2013, 09:27 PM
otto bond

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan2k11 View Post
I'm glad you're not the GM. Terrible idea.
Yea ok there Buddy. I don't see adding a steady top pairing RHD with shut down qualities to our line up has a terrible idea. I'm sure you didn't realize that I was putting a price on what I thing it would cost to get him. Don't get me wrong, I would gladly take him for Diaz plus a pick or two, they won't. But if they would take Gorges( who cost more ) plus pick with Beaulieu, well I guilty, i would do it if I was 95% sure he would sign here . On the open market, he's gonna cost a pretty penny on the cap like all UFA do. They would rathey do a deal around Patch, but I would have a hard time pulling the rigger on that one.
So in theory, I was putting myself in NY's shoes, dealing the team's top defender, UFA or not.

Old
10-14-2013, 09:28 PM
googlymoogly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft View Post
He's on a pretty outstanding deal based on his production. It sure as heck wouldn't be DD+, we'd likely be looking at some more high-end prospects and players.
Klein shooting right could pair up with Markov. Then keep Gorges with Subban.

When Emelin comes back let him work back to speed then switch him with Gorges as i think he would do well with Subban.

googlymoogly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2013, 09:42 PM
Feintastic

Just tell Franky Bou to sit down and give ice time to Beaulieu and Tinordi so they will improve their focking game, we have 2 D's they just need to make their mistakes and get better. I dont even give a **** if the Habs dont make the playoff this year you cant bring the cup back with SnowWhite and the 7 dwarfs anyway. Give the youth experience Bergy !!!

The 1st one is our next Markov and the other one is a 6'6 mobile giant so go head.

Feintastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2013, 09:50 PM
Habs8517

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
That's what they were saying...they never heard this. That site is the same bunch who had this obsession about the Habs being soooooooo interested in Theo Peckham. I think that that site talked about that for the last 4 years. That so untouchable Peckham that the Oilers never wanted to give out until....they released him for nothing...and the Habs didn't want to pick a guy that would cost them nothing. Great site for entertainment purpose....not real infos.
Like all rumors, some are true and some are false but all of them have truth at their base.

There is no doubt in my mind that Gainey wanted out after his daughter's death but got forced to stay by Gillett because of the Centennial and to boost the value of the franchise for sale. Gilllett forced Gainey to fire Carbonneau to make the playoffs at all cost.

Habs8517 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2013, 09:59 PM
andy28

Quote:
Like all rumors, some are true and some are false but all of them have truth at their base.
That's not true at all. Some false rumors may have some truth at their base. Some may have pure speculation as their base, some malice and outright lies.

andy28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2013, 02:03 AM
bsl

Read the whole thread. Interesting. I have 2 thoughts:

1. Habs may have ****ed up with Murray. Someone did not do their diligence on his health. Even if he does recover, the guy is overweight and will be more so because you cant work out properly when injured. I think this is a problem, and that Begy should be looking for opportunities to replace him.

2. There is too much emphasis on UFA here. UFA sucks unoess youre conteding that year and need someone to get you over the top. Bergy will have to trade to get quality. And Ideally, he should only trade redundancy. Redundant prospect with value, or redundant vet with value.

3. The most redundant vet with value we have is Pleks, because Galchy may be ready for center next year, and Eller may be ready to replace Pleks. Pleks will have HUGE value at deadline. I would have no problem if Bergy swapped Pleks for a legit and good young top 4 D with a few years on his contract at the deadline.

bsl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2013, 02:34 AM
Mr. Hab

Someone else wrote...
DD (+ __?__)
FOR
Robidas

Where do I sign?! (realistic trade?!).

DD gets reunited with Cole (Pacioretty and Cole are the only reasons DD got to 60pts, imo). I really wanted to separate them to see if DD can perform without them...instead DD got a huge paycheck 'cause of that season...$%^&*#$%*).

Markov - PK Subban
Gorges - Robidas
------------ ------------
Bouillon - Diaz
Beaulieu - Tinordi

Mr. Hab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2013, 07:27 AM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:

There is no doubt in my mind that Gainey wanted out after his daughter's death but got forced to stay by Gillett because of the Centennial and to boost the value of the franchise for sale. Gilllett forced Gainey to fire Carbonneau to make the playoffs at all cost.
That's not true at all. A minority of EKlund rumors have truth to them.
I seriously doubt Gillett forced Gainey to stay. How could anybody force someone to stay after they just lost their daughter? If anything you would want him to take time off because you know his focus wont be there.
Maybe he told him to take time, think it over, but force? I seriously doubt that.

That site is garbage btw.

Old
10-15-2013, 07:32 AM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsl View Post
Read the whole thread. Interesting. I have 2 thoughts:

1. Habs may have ****ed up with Murray. Someone did not do their diligence on his health. Even if he does recover, the guy is overweight and will be more so because you cant work out properly when injured. I think this is a problem, and that Begy should be looking for opportunities to replace him.

2. There is too much emphasis on UFA here. UFA sucks unoess youre conteding that year and need someone to get you over the top. Bergy will have to trade to get quality. And Ideally, he should only trade redundancy. Redundant prospect with value, or redundant vet with value.

3. The most redundant vet with value we have is Pleks, because Galchy may be ready for center next year, and Eller may be ready to replace Pleks. Pleks will have HUGE value at deadline. I would have no problem if Bergy swapped Pleks for a legit and good young top 4 D with a few years on his contract at the deadline.
Murray to me is a better defensive version of Parros. We have this curse with these big guys. Every time we sign one they end up having health issues or injuries.
But, as Bergevin should have been doing all summer, he should be looking to add to the top 4.

You can get good signings on open market, like Prust. You don't do your whole shopping there, but you can grab good players off it.

Not sure about trading Plekanec, and I certainly want to make sure Galchenyuk is ready to play center and the rest of our team still plays well as the lines get shuffled.
We should have tried Gally at center during camp. Therrien wasted this camp.
I understand Plek has value. But having him with Eller and Gally as top 3 centers is cup contending material. Not so sure I want to move him.