HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

My Early 2014 QMJHL draft (October 14, 2013)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-27-2013, 12:43 PM
  #26
PorkChopSandwiches
Registered User
 
PorkChopSandwiches's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 651
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdirty View Post
Question for anyone who knows about Evan Fitzpatrick. I noticed on eliteprospects he's played in Nova Scotia the last couple years, but his birthplace is listed as St. John's. Is it a situation where he came to NS to play hockey, or is it that he was born in St. John's, raised in Nova Scotia?

I'm only asking because this looks like it could be the best ever draft for Nova Scotian players, just wondering if Fitzpatrick would be considered one of them, or if he's a Newfoundlander who came here for higher competition.
Born and raised in NFLD, came to live in NS and go to school at Newbridge academy last year and played on their Bantam AAA team. Will play for Team NS at U16 challenge.

PorkChopSandwiches is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2013, 01:41 PM
  #27
3 Minute Minor
Registered User
 
3 Minute Minor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Country: Denmark
Posts: 4,410
vCash: 500
It's not 2014 QMJHL but a kid I thought would be a 2015 QMJHL pick is now playing in Ontario with Don Mills Bantam, Cole Rafuse

If he spends two years in Ontario he could end up an OHL pick, not sure if his parents moved with him or what.

3 Minute Minor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2013, 02:17 PM
  #28
scoutman1
Twitter - scoutman33
 
scoutman1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,589
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Tilander View Post
It's not 2014 QMJHL but a kid I thought would be a 2015 QMJHL pick is now playing in Ontario with Don Mills Bantam, Cole Rafuse

If he spends two years in Ontario he could end up an OHL pick, not sure if his parents moved with him or what.
he is a good player with very good size for his age BUT his work ethic is pretty bad, hope he starts playing hard, maybe Don Mills team will get him trying, if he tries he will be a very good player.

scoutman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2013, 01:47 PM
  #29
Policeofficer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 101
vCash: 500
[QUOTE=scoutman1;72583549]Most of the Quebec guys I have only seen once or twice so far, will be seeing them more in 3 weeks.
33. Mathieu Jones—F—Gatineau 5’10/157
/QUOTE]

I seen gatineau and I really like Blain, i didn't see jones .. bad gamne for him and I really like Girard, from Jonquiere and the other Girard

Policeofficer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2013, 10:46 PM
  #30
hab 4ever
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Montréal, Québec
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,850
vCash: 500
Lauzon is finally starting to heat up. Apparently played with some kind of nagging injury earlier this season. 7 points in his last 4 games now.

As a small forward who played MAAA at 14 and is thus a veteran of the league compared to other draft eligible players, he has to put huge numbers to go back to the top-5 draft pick talk of last summer.

hab 4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2013, 09:09 AM
  #31
Hockeythoughts101
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 12
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by scoutman1 View Post
Most of the Quebec guys I have only seen once or twice so far, will be seeing them more in 3 weeks.

1. Mitchell Balmas—F—Cape Tradesman 6’01/168 11 08 13 21 Amazing hands and pin point shooting with a great array of shots and a great release, excellent passing and playmaking as well, Balmas takes over offensive, he has great strength himself, excellent hockey sense, good on the rush, he is going to be a QMJHL star and future NHLer, he has all star talent and size.
2. Michael Campoli—D—Lac St Louis 6’02/177 04 00 00 00 Has all the tools to be amazing, he is a smooth skater, smart passer, great open ice hitter, physical, aggressive, very smart, great in own end, in order to keep this number two ranking though he has to be a more dominant two way defender, he has the talent right now he is going 2nd because all the talent in the world is there. He is hurt right now.
3. Evan Fitzpatrick—G—Newbridge 6’03/180 03 02 1.40 .959 This guy is one of the most amazing goalies I have ever watched in Midget, he is big, agile, very smart, athletic, moves super well, Fitzpatrick reminds me of a young Roberto Luongo he is that good, this guy is a franchise goalie.
4. Keith Getson—F—South Shore 6’00/180 11 10 06 17 Strong power forward with great playmaking and passing, nice puck handling, and good shooting, he is strong on the boards and goes to the net, smart player too and goes in own end.
5. Michael O’Leary—F—Salisbury 6’00/155 00 00 00 00 Playing away so he might not get the exposure but this guy is a game breaker in talent, excellent skater, great hockey sense, good puck carrier, excellent passer, great stick handling, exciting to watch, good shooter, excellent two way play.
6. Pascal Laberge—F—Chateauguay 6’01/153 11 11 06 17 Turning out to be a great player, good size, excellent puck handler, great shooting, very smart with and without the puck, knows how to move into scoring opportunities, really takes over in the offensive zone and I have to see more of him, but he looked to be a star in the making.
7. Raphael Santerre—F—Notre Dame 6’00/157 12 06 10 16 I really liked his playmaking ability and ability to find his teammates through traffic, he was very good going to the net, used his size to make rooms, was very smart, excellent ability to draw the other team to him then dish off a great pass and he had a pretty good shot as well.
8. Luke Green—D—Newbridge 6’00/155 11 05 06 11 Had a bad All State game but this guy is really turning into a great offensive defender, he still needs a lot of work on his defensive game but he has great puck skills, excellent passing on the fly, great ability to become the 4th forward and good shooting ability, he just takes too many chances at the moment he has to learn more when to stay back but he has come a long way since bantam last year in his own zone.
9. Brett Crossley—F—Shattuck U16 6’00/160 10 05 10 15 This guy is becoming a great player now, before he was too safe but when i saw him now he has using his size and smarts, controling the tempo of the game, making plays out of nothing, passing through thick crowds and creating a lot of scoring chanses for his teammates, he was skating well, this guy could be a lot higher in this draft, I think he will work his way up even higher.
10. Samuel Girard—D—Jonquire 5’09/156 12 01 11 12 The smartest defender in this draft, he controls the play with the puck better than almost any defender in a long time, he is very precise with his passes and plays like everything is calculated, very smooth skater, smooth bringing the puck out of the zone and great passing off the rush, he creates from the point and is great positionally in his own zone, his only down fall is his size, because if he was 6'00, he would be top 5 easy in this draft.
11. Pierre-Luc Dubois—F—Notre Dame 6’00/153 12 09 06 15 This guy is a great offensive player with good size and developing strength, he has quick puck handling, good in close and in open room, does not need much room to shoot the puck, great hockey sense as well.
12. Miguel Picard—F—Notre Dame 6’00/157 11 06 05 11 Good Size, excellent offensive skills, strong on the puck, was great with the puck attacking in the offensive zone, took good quality shots and followed up on the rebounds, made some good passes as well.
13. Barrett Dachyshyn—F—Halifax 6’04/175 12 05 01 06 Right now he is just starting to get use to midget, he reminds me of a young Frederik Gauthier and I think talent is near the same, he is a very smooth and fast skater for his size, great two way ability, smooth puck skills, good shooter, decent passer but he is super smart, this guy is very good player now and after Christmas im expecting this guy to be a great player.
14. Ryan Brushett—F—Lac St Louis 5’11/160 11 03 03 06 Exciting to watch, agile, good speed, great puck handler, he was passing the puck well, getting some good shots off in the game, thought the game out well, he needs to get stronger I find but his skills are there, I think soon he will just take off in midget.
15. Samuel Guilbault—F—Antoine-Girouard 5’09/161 13 04 06 10 Starting to adapt to midget now, he is very good in the offensive end, very solid hands and passing, decent shooter, has some good moves, agile, very smart, able to take over in the offensive zone, needs to get stronger though, but he has great offensive skills, I would not be shocked to see him be an offensive force in the Q.
16. Lucas Thierus—F—Vikings 5’10/170 13 08 05 13 I really like this guys release on his shot and very good accuracy, he follows rebounds well and is good at tracking the puck, he has good hands, and very good hockey sense with and without the puck.
17. Hunter Moreau—F—LSL Espoir 5’08/162 04 02 02 04 Very fast skater, goes to the net, has a good shot, good passing skills, needs to work on his defensive game a lot and I found his hockey sense is good but not spectacular, he is a good player but speed and puck handling for him IMO have been his whole game.
18. Matt Green—F—Newbridge 5’10/140 11 05 07 12 Really starting to come on now, he is Luke's brother and Matt is really good in the offensive zone, he is decent release on the puck, good passer, smart positioning, does what he has to on the ice, he is a guy who will be a future 2nd to 3rd liner in the QMJHL and a good one.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
19. Charles Taillon—F—Antoine Girard 5’11/162 13 04 06 10
20. Reilly Pickard—G—Halifax 6’00/173 06 00 2.00 .928 Finding his nitch, has great talent in net and showing.
21. Felix Lauzon—F—Magog 5’08/165 09 01 05 06 I find he is not much better since last year and skating is bellow avg.
22. Domenico Argento—D—Montreal Royal 6’02/189 12 02 03 05
23. Alex Arab—F—Cole Harbor 5’10/148 11 07 04 11 Amazing puck handler, very exciting to watch.
24. Gabriel Bilodeau—D—Montreal Royal 6’00/158 12 00 10 10
25. Sam Harvey—G—Jonquiere 5’10/172 00 05 5.00 .842 Great goalie, size is in question, he is shorter than 5'10 have to wait for the real heights and weights to come out, his height though is leaving some gaps up high.
26. Charles-Olivier Ouimet—Conquerants 5’07/148 12 04 01 05
27. Jean Gleizes—F—Toronto Marlies 5’11/160 00 00 00 00 This guy has talent to rise in this draft, exciting forward.
28. Connor Peveril—F—Cole Harbor 5’11/145 11 05 04 09
29. Nicolas Patry-Gingras—D—Gatineau 6’00/175 07 01 00 01 Exprected more, this guy is falling IMO and could keep falling.
30. Peter Abbandonato—F—Montreal Royal 5’09/162 12 01 08 09
31. Julien Tessier—F—Trois Riv 5’10/162 13 02 06 08
32. Gabriel Sylvestre—D—Phenix 6’02/170 12 00 02 02 On the fence with this guy right now, I expected a lot more out of him.
33. Mathieu Jones—F—Gatineau 5’10/157
34. Andrew Murphy—D—St John’s Privat 5’09/141 00 00 00 00 Size and strength is a major issue, but very smart and great skater.
35. Pascal Corbeil—D—Riverians 5’08/159 12 03 10 13 If this guy was 5'11 he would be 1st round easy.
36. Alexander Kateriankis—F—Montreal Royal 5’09/160 12 06 00 06

Hey scoutman are there any undrafted 97' defensemen from the maratimes we should be looking at this year

Hockeythoughts101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2013, 09:20 AM
  #32
Hockeythoughts101
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 12
vCash: 500
Hey scoutman are there any 97' born defensemen out of the maritimes we should look out for?


Last edited by Hockeythoughts101: 11-05-2013 at 09:52 AM.
Hockeythoughts101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2013, 06:38 PM
  #33
Hockeythoughts101
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 12
vCash: 500
Specifically at the monctonian tournament

Hockeythoughts101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2013, 03:07 PM
  #34
Dasachtach
Bluenoser
 
Dasachtach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Birthplace of Hockey
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,879
vCash: 500
I would love to see the Eagles land Balsam. Shouldn't be too hard considering the assets they have.

Dasachtach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2013, 09:05 PM
  #35
bigdirty
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,572
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Domhnall Dubh View Post
I would love to see the Eagles land Balsam. Shouldn't be too hard considering the assets they have.
If they can't get him, Balmas could always tell whoever drafts him that he wants to stay in Cape Breton next year because it's best for his education. A little poetic justice for the Eagles.

bigdirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2013, 09:58 PM
  #36
RJB
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 56
vCash: 500
Went to see an Espoir game tonight. Lac St-Louis Arsenal upset Laval 3-1. Arsenal goalie Recine was the difference. Must have had over 40 shots. Expected to be impressed by Laval's Brochu, Turcotte and others but they were not a factor. #77 Seguin (Arsenal) was the top player. #96 Leduc and #91 Snow were physical all night and Laval seemed frustrated. I heard the Arsenal almost surprised the Tigers last week. Are they a new team?

RJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2013, 10:04 PM
  #37
Hockeythoughts101
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 12
vCash: 500
I remember a couple years ago talking about 4 big players from Halifax, welsh and Pickard are already drafted and well, where did Dixon and the other welsh end up?

Hockeythoughts101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2013, 10:19 PM
  #38
3 Minute Minor
Registered User
 
3 Minute Minor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Country: Denmark
Posts: 4,410
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeythoughts101 View Post
I remember a couple years ago talking about 4 big players from Halifax, welsh and Pickard are already drafted and well, where did Dixon and the other welsh end up?
Tyler Dixon is with Newbridge. No idea where he played last year, maybe high school? He's putting up points with them though:
http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=194933

Connor Welsh never grew. He's playing with Cole Harbour now chipping in offensively but he'll never get to the Q due to his tiny stature:
http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=194946

3 Minute Minor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2013, 10:23 PM
  #39
Hockeythoughts101
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 12
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Tilander View Post
Tyler Dixon is with Newbridge. No idea where he played last year, maybe high school? He's putting up points with them though:
http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=194933

Connor Welsh never grew. He's playing with Cole Harbour now chipping in offensively but he'll never get to the Q due to his tiny stature:
http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=194946

Both are draft eligible I believe, will either of them go? Are the any other undrafted players we should look for?

Hockeythoughts101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2013, 10:30 PM
  #40
3 Minute Minor
Registered User
 
3 Minute Minor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Country: Denmark
Posts: 4,410
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeythoughts101 View Post
Both are draft eligible I believe, will either of them go? Are the any other undrafted players we should look for?
Connor Welsh is highly highly unlikely because he's too small for even the Q on defense. Dixon could go.

As for other 97s I'd have to go with some of the offensive guys like Hamer, Johnny Jones, Luc Poirier. A guy I like on D, mostly for his size because he's really raw is Ryan Yould. Makes a lot of mistakes still but I could see him being picked but playing MJAHL

3 Minute Minor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2013, 10:50 PM
  #41
Hockeythoughts101
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 12
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Tilander View Post
Connor Welsh is highly highly unlikely because he's too small for even the Q on defense. Dixon could go.

As for other 97s I'd have to go with some of the offensive guys like Hamer, Johnny Jones, Luc Poirier. A guy I like on D, mostly for his size because he's really raw is Ryan Yould. Makes a lot of mistakes still but I could see him being picked but playing MJAHL

Who would be the top 2 or 3 to get drafted this year at each position? Could someone give a report of those players? I'm still asking about 97' born players from the maritimes

Hockeythoughts101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2013, 09:17 AM
  #42
Gil Berman
Registered User
 
Gil Berman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 10
vCash: 500
For NS Goaltenders ('97):

Blade Mann-Dixon (Valley Jr.A): Small in stature but this kid has to get a chance in the Q. Dominating the MHL as a 16 year old on a (T)4th Place team. 1.95GAA (1st) and .941sv% (1st) *eligible goalies (= + 180mins). May not get serious consideration because he is so small but this guy can flat out play and would do well in Major Junior. Technically & positionally sound and tracks the puck like a Terminator robot.

Rowan O'Brien (Cole Harbour Major Midget): Drafted in the 3rd Rd by Amherst (MHL), O'Brien won his first ever Jr A start last week. Putting up solid numbers in the NSMMHL this season: 2.42GAA, .919sv% , 1SO, for Cole Harbour. Big, strong kid who has dramatically improved his lateral mobility and has a solid ground game.

*Add these two horses with the ridiculous talent in the '98 class (Fitzpatrick, Grametbauer, Pickard, Muise) and the Q landscape should be dotted with a lot of NS tendys next season.

Gil Berman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2013, 09:25 AM
  #43
Hockeythoughts101
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 12
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gil Berman View Post
For NS Goaltenders ('97):

Blade Mann-Dixon (Valley Jr.A): Small in stature but this kid has to get a chance in the Q. Dominating the MHL as a 16 year old on a (T)4th Place team. 1.95GAA (1st) and .941sv% (1st) *eligible goalies (= + 180mins). May not get serious consideration because he is so small but this guy can flat out play and would do well in Major Junior. Technically & positionally sound and tracks the puck like a Terminator robot.

Rowan O'Brien (Cole Harbour Major Midget): Drafted in the 3rd Rd by Amherst (MHL), O'Brien won his first ever Jr A start last week. Putting up solid numbers in the NSMMHL this season: 2.42GAA, .919sv% , 1SO, for Cole Harbour. Big, strong kid who has dramatically improved his lateral mobility and has a solid ground game.

*Add these two horses with the ridiculous talent in the '98 class (Fitzpatrick, Grametbauer, Pickard, Muise) and the Q landscape should be dotted with a lot of NS tendys next season.

Thanks, what about forwards and defence?

Hockeythoughts101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2013, 09:46 AM
  #44
Gil Berman
Registered User
 
Gil Berman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 10
vCash: 500
Up front:

Jesse Hamer (Newbridge): 20GP, 20G 17A (3PPG, 5SHG, 5GWG) 47PIMS. Has a reputation for "picking his spots" but this kid is a natural goal scorer. Can take over a game in an instant. Great speed and slick hands, he is a threat to score every time he touches the puck. Was a 1st Rd pick by Amherst (MHL) last year.

Luc Poirier (Halifax): 17GP, 9G 23A (2PPG, 1GWG) 26PIMS. Good facilitator who has a decent shot, too. Good offensive instincts, averaging nearly 2pts/gm. Not blessed with breakaway speed, he creates chances by getting his hands dirty - not afraid of going into the tough areas. But he's not very big and may have a tougher time winning those puck battles at the next level. Bridgewater (MHL) 2nd Rd Pick '13.

Gil Berman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2013, 09:49 AM
  #45
Hockeythoughts101
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 12
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gil Berman View Post
Up front:

Jesse Hamer (Newbridge): 20GP, 20G 17A (3PPG, 5SHG, 5GWG) 47PIMS. Has a reputation for "picking his spots" but this kid is a natural goal scorer. Can take over a game in an instant. Great speed and slick hands, he is a threat to score every time he touches the puck. Was a 1st Rd pick by Amherst (MHL) last year.

Luc Poirier (Halifax): 17GP, 9G 23A (2PPG, 1GWG) 26PIMS. Good facilitator who has a decent shot, too. Good offensive instincts, averaging nearly 2pts/gm. Not blessed with breakaway speed, he creates chances by getting his hands dirty - not afraid of going into the tough areas. But he's not very big and may have a tougher time winning those puck battles at the next level. Bridgewater (MHL) 2nd Rd Pick '13.

Awesome, and any potential from the back end?

Hockeythoughts101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2013, 10:23 AM
  #46
Gil Berman
Registered User
 
Gil Berman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 10
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeythoughts101 View Post
Awesome, and any potential from the back end?
Lucas Sangster (Pictou/Weeks): Big-bodied Defenceman (6'3" 215lbs) was a Territorial Pick by Amherst in last year's MHL Draft. Not having a great season with an uber-struggling Weeks team he may get a look based on size alone.

Daniel Little (Halifax): 4 goals (8pts) so far this season and has a knack for the offensive side of the game. Possesses the requisite skill but not very big (5'11 169lbs - although, he can still fill out) and can be a liability in his own end from time to time. Hard worker that plays with an edge (42 PIMS).

Gil Berman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2013, 10:33 AM
  #47
Hockeythoughts101
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 12
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gil Berman View Post
Lucas Sangster (Pictou/Weeks): Big-bodied Defenceman (6'3" 215lbs) was a Territorial Pick by Amherst in last year's MHL Draft. Not having a great season with an uber-struggling Weeks team he may get a look based on size alone.

Daniel Little (Halifax): 4 goals (8pts) so far this season and has a knack for the offensive side of the game. Possesses the requisite skill but not very big (5'11 169lbs - although, he can still fill out) and can be a liability in his own end from time to time. Hard worker that plays with an edge (42 PIMS).
Do you have any reports on jones(Halifax), pyke(Newbridge), Dixon(Newbridge), welsh(Cole Harbour)?

Hockeythoughts101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2013, 11:13 AM
  #48
Gil Berman
Registered User
 
Gil Berman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 10
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeythoughts101 View Post
Do you have any reports on jones(Halifax), pyke(Newbridge), Dixon(Newbridge), welsh(Cole Harbour)?
Welsh (Cole Harbour) is one of my favourite players in the League, without a doubt, but he is "tiny." There is no other word for it, the kid is tiny. 12pts (6G 6A) in 17gms so far, he possesses solid offensive talent and great vision. Understands the game, goes to the right spots and is positionally sound. Great first pass.

Pyke and Dixon (Newbridge) are similar players but I'm more enamoured with Pyke - he caught my eye the last time I saw Newbridge play. Dixon is a physical presence but makes a lot of mistakes and isn't a great skater. Reliable in his own end (to an extent) but not on the high end of the hockey-IQ scale. Also some issues with Dixon's fitness/off-ice commitment. Pyke is a little more poised with the puck and is a decent passer (11 Apples so far) but can get out of position from time to time.

Jones (Halifax) is a player. 24pts in 17 gms (11G 13A, 2PG 3SHG) he plays with passion and has good offensive awareness. 3 shorties means he can see a hole and take it but it also means he is ALWAYS looking to score (much like w./ Hamer and his 5SHG) even when he is supposed to be focused on D (during PK) . Decent speed but not dazzling.

Gil Berman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2013, 11:26 AM
  #49
Hockeythoughts101
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 12
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gil Berman View Post
Welsh (Cole Harbour) is one of my favourite players in the League, without a doubt, but he is "tiny." There is no other word for it, the kid is tiny. 12pts (6G 6A) in 17gms so far, he possesses solid offensive talent and great vision. Understands the game, goes to the right spots and is positionally sound. Great first pass.

Pyke and Dixon (Newbridge) are similar players but I'm more enamoured with Pyke - he caught my eye the last time I saw Newbridge play. Dixon is a physical presence but makes a lot of mistakes and isn't a great skater. Reliable in his own end (to an extent) but not on the high end of the hockey-IQ scale. Also some issues with Dixon's fitness/off-ice commitment. Pyke is a little more poised with the puck and is a decent passer (11 Apples so far) but can get out of position from time to time.

Jones (Halifax) is a player. 24pts in 17 gms (11G 13A, 2PG 3SHG) he plays with passion and has good offensive awareness. 3 shorties means he can see a hole and take it but it also means he is ALWAYS looking to score (much like w./ Hamer and his 5SHG) even when he is supposed to be focused on D (during PK) . Decent speed but not dazzling.

I have heard Dixon did not make major due to his conditioning last year but have also heard he has turned it on recently, I have heard good things about Pyke and his shut down ability, are any of those four players draft worthy?

Hockeythoughts101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2013, 11:36 AM
  #50
Gil Berman
Registered User
 
Gil Berman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 10
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeythoughts101 View Post
I have heard Dixon did not make major due to his conditioning last year but have also heard he has turned it on recently, I have heard good things about Pyke and his shut down ability, are any of those four players draft worthy?
I don't think I've seen enough of any of these guys to state as to whether or not they should be drafted. Apologies.

Gil Berman is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:09 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.