HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Notices

10/15/13 "Seth Jones And The Predators Of The Lost Art" - Panthers VS Predators

View Poll Results: What will the results be for the Panthers?
The Temple of Boom: Hard hitting, hard working but an OT/SO loss 5 14.71%
The Last Charade: Panthers get back to winning 20 58.82%
Kingdom Of The Crystal Dull: Yet another bad loss, in regulation 9 26.47%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
10-15-2013, 09:51 PM
hockeydude1
More Cowbell!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainingRats View Post
As much as I like Vanek he'll be headed to Minny once he hits free agency.

Yakupov is someone I'd trade for. I'd rather move Bjugstad and Guds than Kulikov and Shore.
Yakupov? No he's going to the KHL before he goes anywhere else. Gudbranson is so much better than Kuli. He's a train coming through. Bjugstad has potential as well.

Old
10-15-2013, 09:52 PM
CanadianPanther
One Patient Panther

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo12688 View Post
******* it this team pisses me off so much. That game was 100% winnable. At least should have gotten a point out of it.

Trade Kulikov. He's the best bargaining chip we have that we would be willing to give up.

Kulikov + Shore for Vanek? Is that enough? Add a 2nd.
Yikes. That is one trade I hope tallon never does. Shore, Kuli and a 2nd for Vanek who's a UFA at season's end?? This is real life were talking about here.

Shore and a 3rd would be too much imo.

TSN saying Hemskys time in Edmonton is numbered. Not entirely sold on him though.

Old
10-15-2013, 09:52 PM
Cats Kneading Goals
#1 Fanthers Pan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghoste View Post
I'd rather see Shore up than Bjugstad. He needs to be in SA. Marky is the only reason why we don't have another seven goals against. The defensive breakdowns from this team are ridiculous. One guy leaves his guy leaving someone wide open. And it happens multiple times every game I just down understand. Talk about mindblown.

-ghoste
They were so bad at times I just had to laugh.

Old
10-15-2013, 09:54 PM
Ghoste
Vigo the Carpathian

vCash: 835
Quote:
The point is that the team needs to have the D shaken up and Kulikov would get us something promising in return. He was never Tallon's pick anyway and he'll probably do better wherever we send him anyway. To me this makes more sense than just firing Dineen.
Agreed. He's been bad when he realistically should be our best defenseman behind Soupy. Like I said, I wouldn't be shocked if he was part of a 'shakeup trade' if there was one.

-ghoste

Old
10-15-2013, 09:54 PM
gizmo12688

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianPanther View Post
Yikes. That is one trade I hope tallon never does. Shore, Kuli and a 2nd for Vanek who's a UFA at season's end?? This is real life were talking about here.

TSN saying Hemskys time in Edmonton is numbered. Not entirely sold on him though.
Hemsky has been probably their best player so far this season. Don't see them moving him unless it's to add a D man or goalie. Even then, he probably wouldn't be that effective here anyway.

And that trade I mentioned would of course come down to Vanek resigning here, but as RR said, he probably wants to play in Minny.

Old
10-15-2013, 10:00 PM
RainingRats

Quote:
The point is that the team needs to have the D shaken up and Kulikov would get us something promising in return. He was never Tallon's pick anyway and he'll probably do better wherever we send him anyway. To me this makes more sense than just firing Dineen.
I think our d-men have been bad but the forwards haven't helped them in the d-zone. They miss assignments, can't get the puck out, turn the puck over, can't keep it in the offensive zone long enough, etc., etc.

I don't think we should trade Kulikov unless it's for a better player. If Kulikov is the best player in teh trade, we'll regret it.

Old
10-15-2013, 10:00 PM
JonathanHuberdoh
Maybe.....next year?

Send a message via AIM to JonathanHuberdoh
Now I am always a big defender of Markstrom. We really can't blame him for losing these games, but tonight he did not help us at all.

This team has always been the kind of team that needs big saves to win games. Our game in Dallas was a great win but remember Thomas made a lot of big saves.

Although Markstrom hasn't been awful, that 4th goal was pretty weak and we haven't had any big stops from Marky at all this season. His one victory he wasn't required to stand on his head because we scored 6.

Again, I am not blaming Marky for the losses because our defensive lapses are inexcusable, but it would be nice to see some big saves from him to keep us in games.

Old
10-15-2013, 10:02 PM
RainingRats

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeydude1 View Post
Yakupov? No he's going to the KHL before he goes anywhere else. Gudbranson is so much better than Kuli. He's a train coming through. Bjugstad has potential as well.
Kulikov has been much better than Gudbranson each year they've been in the league. Kulikov is unfairly scapegoated and never given the credit he deserves. Guds has been a complete disappointment so far. He shows flashes but is awful, just awful with his coverage and decision making. Tampa game is a perfect example.

Yakupov isn't going to the KHL. He's not done with the NHL because he was scratched a couple games, lol.

Old
10-15-2013, 10:03 PM
RainingRats

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianPanther View Post

Hemsky would be a nice addition. We can't get much worse defensively.

Old
10-15-2013, 10:04 PM
RainingRats

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanHuberdoh View Post
Now I am always a big defender of Markstrom. We really can't blame him for losing these games, but tonight he did not help us at all.

This team has always been the kind of team that needs big saves to win games. Our game in Dallas was a great win but remember Thomas made a lot of big saves.

Although Markstrom hasn't been awful, that 4th goal was pretty weak and we haven't had any big stops from Marky at all this season. His one victory he wasn't required to stand on his head because we scored 6.

Again, I am not blaming Marky for the losses because our defensive lapses are inexcusable, but it would be nice to see some big saves from him to keep us in games.
Bingo!

Old
10-15-2013, 10:04 PM
gizmo12688

I mentioned it earlier, but we really suck at shooting the puck. The team should just spend a week of practice learning how to aim for the net.

Old
10-15-2013, 10:09 PM
Markstrom Rules
Sup

Quote:

Wow.

Old
10-15-2013, 10:17 PM
Sykwitit

Lol... put it this way we'd be giving up 10 a game with someone like clemmensen in net, markstroms doing all he can with all the great chances we constantly give the other team.

Old
10-15-2013, 10:25 PM
Haj

I don't know what the hell this team is trying to do in the defensive zone.

Everyone seems to flub routine plays like d to d transfer, or simple breakout passes.

I saw Kopecky try to clear the puck up the middle...right onto the stick of a Nashville defensemen.

Whitney and Gilbert take too long to get the puck off their stick. I don't know what they are waiting for.

Old
10-15-2013, 10:31 PM
PanthersHockey1
Avs Bandwagon

Seeing this team in person confirms that we are destined for yet another top 5 draft pick this year. The most glaring area and most frustrating watching is the terrible defensive turnovers. It's simply costing us games. I thought kulikov was bad tonight really the only two bright spots for our team are huby and barkov.

Old
10-15-2013, 10:37 PM
gizmo12688

I will say that the Matthias-Goc-Winchester line looked good at least. Might be best to keep Matty on the wing for now.

Old
10-15-2013, 10:52 PM
Ghoste
Vigo the Carpathian

vCash: 835
Quote:

I thought Marky had big saves all game long. Sure, he let goals in but he was bombarded all night.
Matthias looked really good tonight.

-ghoste

Old
10-15-2013, 11:01 PM
Montsy14

Quote:

When it was 4-2 and 4-3 he made at least 3-4 pretty big saves. They could have easily scored 4 or 5 just in the 3rd period alone.

With that being said, I don't think he is a regular starter yet in this league. He needs quite a bit of work on a few things, but like somebody said, in 2 years or so (when his current contract is up), he should be ready to be the guy.

Old
10-15-2013, 11:07 PM
FlaPnthrsPunk
Our Time Will Come

I don't think it was an absolutely horrible game, but as Billy said, "This loss stings a bit." They didn't play 60 minutes and I think that is the largest factor in the outcome. There were many glimpses where they outplayed the Predators and put in the effort and others that they didn't.

I mostly blame certain players who once again were non-existent. Markstrom didn't have his best of games, but I can't put the blame on him much when defensemen like Kulikov and Campbell made countless mistakes. Markstrom has shown to me now why Dineen doesn't feel that he's ready to be a starter yet. I think he will be impressive in the near future, but he's still learning. It concerns me a bit that he may not be what we thought he'd be in the long-run. While I hope Thomas comes back on Thursday, I don't think he would have made an impact in any of the losses that Markstrom has had. it's also forwards like Kopecky and Versteeg who I have hardly noticed only on poor plays that need to get going.

Once again, I really didn't expect us to be a great team this year and they're playing pretty similar to what I was expecting them to. If everyone just played with effort every game, they could be a completely different team. Thankfully, there's still 75 games left, but if we're still under 5+ games under .500 in two months with the way things have been going, it's going to be extremely hard to get back into the race. The schedule doesn't help us at all over the next couple of weeks but maybe that will be a test and motivate the team. They're like a circus. They win the games you don't expect them to (ex: Pens game) and lose the ones that they deserve to get a win in.

Old
10-16-2013, 01:30 AM
JonathanHuberdoh
Maybe.....next year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markstrom Rules View Post
Wow.
Listen, I know you love Marky, but at some point we have to call a spade a spade. The guy gives up too many bad goals right now to be a quality starter in the NHL.

He's a good goaltender, but there's a lot of things he needs to polish. Like I said, I didn't blame the loss or any losses on him, but things like that 4th goal are bad. This team lacks offensive talent, and when you combine that with our absolutely horrible defense and suspect goaltending, well it's a recipe that yields the exact results we've had thus far.

I don't expect Thomas to return and turn the team around either because we are just that terrible. I just noticed that I don't ever see Markstrom steal a game for us. Remember his first season when we played in Montreal and the kid won the game 2-1 and stopped something like 40+ shots and was ABSOLUTELY DOMINANT? That's what I want to see from him. He has the potential to be that guy, but it's just not happening for him at the moment.

Old
10-16-2013, 01:35 AM
JonathanHuberdoh
Maybe.....next year?

Also, please Tallon just trade Versteeg. Trade him for anything. Get rid of him. ****en waive him like you did Grabner if you have to. He is so lazy and just awful is basically every aspect of the game. Constantly turns the puck over, is weak on the boards, shoots high and wide almost every time, and tries to stickhandle like Datsyuk except he's more like Marcus Nilson. I'd rather have Shore up here because at least I know that guy busts his ass every shift.

Watching him on the ice pisses me off to no end, and I understand Dineen playing him on the top two lines because this team literally has no one else who might be able to score.

Tallon needs to make a personnel move. I don't know what it is, but something needs to be done. Ship out Steeger, trade Kuli+ for something, just do anything. The team needs a wakeup call. I full expect something to happen, maybe even tomorrow considering Boston is going to ruin us on Thursday and we'll have another 7 goal route on our hands.

Vanek is a pipe dream, so is Yakupov. MAYBE Hemsky can be had but I don't know. We really won't get anyone of significance. Remember, we're the Panthers. I just want to see something done to shake up the roster and let the locker room know that they can lose their golf and beach privileges quicker than they thought.

Old
10-16-2013, 04:52 AM
ShootIt

I think I've seen it all now. A Panther highlight on sportcenters top 10 (us) @9.
Hubys goal*

Old
10-16-2013, 07:48 AM
I May Be Wrong
I May Be The Stig

Send a message via MSN to I May Be Wrong
We do not have 1st line talent, and we only have a little bit of second line talent right now, but here's the problem. We play like we have three first lines. Trading chances with the opponent back and forth. No-look drop-passes. Cross-ice passes left and right all the way up to the offensive zone. Looking for nice scoring plays and being patient with the puck - almost too patient. The team plays as if it can dangle everybody and blow past the opposition, but they can't. They can barely make passes connect. They can barely clear the defensive zone without Marky having to stand on his head and hope to the high heavens there isn't a mad scrum in front of the net. The team plays a brand of hockey that the talent the team possesses can't back up. This team can't play a laid-back style and expect to score a few beauties and bring home the win.

This team needs to play the most boring hockey ever. Simple direct plays. Off the boards and out. North-South passes. Enter the zone, skate to the net - shoot. Hell, play the trap -- line everybody up in the neutral zone. I DON'T CARE. Play a logical style of hockey -- this is brand of hockey is laughable and everyone of those players, along with Dineen should be absolutely embarrassed with what's going on out there.

Old
10-16-2013, 08:59 AM
Cashville
RIP Lindback

vCash: 1225
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanthersHockey1 View Post
Seeing this team in person confirms that we are destined for yet another top 5 draft pick this year. The most glaring area and most frustrating watching is the terrible defensive turnovers. It's simply costing us games. I thought kulikov was bad tonight really the only two bright spots for our team are huby and barkov.
Goc was great to me; we are one of the best faceoff teams in the NHL and he held his own at the dot quite well. He had a nice heads-up goal on the batted / deflected puck as well. I thought your forwards corps as a whole was pretty dangerous all night; defense for both teams was mediocre tonight. GL guys, I pull for the Pants in the East.

Old
10-16-2013, 09:18 AM
Kellyr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cashville View Post
Goc was great to me; we are one of the best faceoff teams in the NHL and he held his own at the dot quite well. He had a nice heads-up goal on the batted / deflected puck as well. I thought your forwards corps as a whole was pretty dangerous all night; defense for both teams was mediocre tonight. GL guys, I pull for the Pants in the East.
The offense the Panthers is actually pretty decent although it hasnīt been very consistent so far. If they could fix the defense, specifically the turnovers by own D men this team would be much, much better. They try to get out of the own zone by passing the puck and donīt have the talent to do it when under pressure.

Closed Thread