HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

scott walker

Closed Thread

Old
07-06-2005, 12:41 PM
gars59

vCash: 500
scott walker

is he was born on ontario or quebec

becase nhl.com say montreal.quebec , tsn cambridge.ontario
nhlpa cambridge ontario

please

thanks for the answer

Old
07-06-2005, 12:52 PM
SmokeyClause

Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
He was born in Cambridge, Ontario at least according to the Nashville Predators official website. And you have to believe that is accurate because I do not think Walker would let such a 'close to home' issue such as birthplace be inaccurate. It's one thing to have a slightly inaccurate height or weight. But to have an inaccurate birthplace. I doubt Walker would be a big fan of that.

Old
07-06-2005, 01:00 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyClause
He was born in Cambridge, Ontario at least according to the Nashville Predators official website. And you have to believe that is accurate because I do not think Walker would let such a 'close to home' issue such as birthplace be inaccurate. It's one thing to have a slightly inaccurate height or weight. But to have an inaccurate birthplace. I doubt Walker would be a big fan of that.
I think Smokey is right because I seem to recall Walker going back to play in Cambridge "for his home team???" during the intial stages of the lockout.

07-06-2005, 02:15 PM
quartermaster29

Send a message via Yahoo to quartermaster29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch
I think Smokey is right because I seem to recall Walker going back to play in Cambridge "for his home team???" during the intial stages of the lockout.
I dunno... I was born in one town because my parents lived there, but grew up in a completely different town because my parents moved and still call town #2 my home town. I went through every school grade in the 2nd town, and have very few memories involving my birth town. So if I was a player it would say one place, but if I went home to play for my home town, I'd be in the other. Does that make sense?

Old
07-06-2005, 02:34 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

My wife forgets the name of the town she was born in (marine corps brat), she can tell you the base but the town gets her sometimes.

Old
07-06-2005, 02:54 PM
C-J Carlson

Scott Walker wouldn't happen to have a summer home in Montreal, would he? That could explain the discrepancy. Some sources list birth place, while others list home town - i.e. the place a player lives in the off-season.

Personally, I was born in one place, but only lived their for three weeks. I'd prefer to have the place I grew up in (and where I still live) as my listed home town.

Anyhoo...

Old
07-06-2005, 07:12 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

No, Scott goes back to Cambridge. I have two good friends in the Nashville area that are originally FROM Cambridge, and both are huge Scott Walker(and Tim Brent, for that matter) fans. I'd say he might have been BORN in Montreal, but grew up in Cambridge.

Old
07-07-2005, 04:57 PM
Adz
Eudora Wannabe

The NHL (and the Preds site) uses the player's actual birthplace, regardless of whether he actually grew up there or not.

Old
07-07-2005, 08:19 PM
vopatsrash

this isn't on the exact topic of this thread, but it's scott walker related, so...

Bruce Garrioch was on with Pete Weber in the 6PM hour and there was some general lockout talk that was pretty typical considering there is so much up in the air right now.

But he did make one interesting, yet not totally unexpected point. He said he expects many of the team player reps to not return to their teams. I don't think he mentioned Scotty by name. He said that a lot of reps were cast off after 1994 and now teams have even more ability to get rid of them because their buyout ability lets them do it under the guise of "we needed to shed the payroll".

Obviously, there is no way Nashville buys out Scott Walker, but Scott Walker at his rollback price might be a good deal for a team looking to trade for a gritty heart and soul kind of guy.

I still think they should at least wait and see what he says when he gets here and try to make it work...assuming some kind of steal of a trade involving him doesn't exist.

oh, and he also had praise for violetta, saying he was a class guy during his time in ottawa.

Old
07-07-2005, 09:32 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

It's not just the fans that will have hard feelings toward Walker the players will too.

Old
07-11-2005, 11:04 AM
quartermaster29

Send a message via Yahoo to quartermaster29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adz
The NHL (and the Preds site) uses the player's actual birthplace, regardless of whether he actually grew up there or not.
Not to call you out, but you're mistaken:

The Preds site (at www.nashvillepredators.com) lists his "birthplace" as Cambridge, ON, whereas the NHL site lists it as Montreal, PQ.

Old
07-11-2005, 04:46 PM
Adz
Eudora Wannabe

I was just going by what the marketing dept. told us when we created a map with all the birthplaces of the Preds players for them. I suppose the policy could have changed in the last 4 years.

Old
07-13-2005, 03:39 PM
Moneil18

Either way he lists his home address as Cambridge, Ontario now. don't know if he was born there or not.

Old
07-18-2005, 09:00 AM
crossxcheck

Send a message via AIM to crossxcheck Send a message via MSN to crossxcheck Send a message via Yahoo to crossxcheck
I recall when Walker started playing for the Cambridge Hornets that they called him a "hometown guy."

Straying from the initial question a bit...I initially thought that when hockey returned in Nashville that I'd be booing Walker. But now I'm so glad it's coming back and that a decent deal has been reached that I don't feel compelled to boo him. Is anyone else with me?

Old
07-18-2005, 11:40 AM
Pattypred

I will NOT boo Walker but the FIRST time he steps on the ice, but I will not cheer or clap for him. After the skate-a-round prior to the start of the game, I'll be over it.

Once that puck drops, he's one of my boys and I'll be cheering for the Nashville Predators and whoever is in a NP sweater.

Old
07-18-2005, 02:43 PM
predperson

I won't boo him (no way) but he's dropped down a few pegs in my book.

Old
07-18-2005, 04:00 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattypred
I will NOT boo Walker but the FIRST time he steps on the ice, but I will not cheer or clap for him. After the skate-a-round prior to the start of the game, I'll be over it.

Once that puck drops, he's one of my boys and I'll be cheering for the Nashville Predators and whoever is in a NP sweater.
exactly how I feel Patty

Closed Thread