HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Who Goes First/Speculation/Rumors Thread

View Poll Results: Who is the ODD MAN OUT?
Zuccerello 1 1.06%
Pyatt 74 78.72%
Pouliot 3 3.19%
They all stay 4 4.26%
They all go 12 12.77%
Voters: 94. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-28-2013, 10:08 AM
  #526
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller
 
RangerBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 32,485
vCash: 500
There was a stat from a few weeks ago regarding icetime. The Rangers are one of the teams which sees all of their forwards average 10 minutes per game. Something like that. AV uses all four lines. The Rangers need better personnel. AV had Torres and Raymond in VAN when they went to the Cup finals. Both of them are good skaters. Not the plodding plugs who block shots. The Leafs have a nice team. Good depth upfront. There's no significant drop off after the first 2 lines. Some guys on D who get the puck and wheel it up ice. The Rangers need an upgrade at 3rd center over Boyle. A little more offense in addition to the defensive responsibilities. The Rangers will get there as long as Sather steps aside. He will one of these years. The man is 70.

RangerBoy is offline  
Old
10-28-2013, 10:24 AM
  #527
BlessThisMess513
Registered User
 
BlessThisMess513's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Queens, New York
Country: United States
Posts: 699
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
There was a stat from a few weeks ago regarding icetime. The Rangers are one of the teams which sees all of their forwards average 10 minutes per game. Something like that. AV uses all four lines. The Rangers need better personnel. AV had Torres and Raymond in VAN when they went to the Cup finals. Both of them are good skaters. Not the plodding plugs who block shots. The Leafs have a nice team. Good depth upfront. There's no significant drop off after the first 2 lines. Some guys on D who get the puck and wheel it up ice. The Rangers need an upgrade at 3rd center over Boyle. A little more offense in addition to the defensive responsibilities. The Rangers will get there as long as Sather steps aside. He will one of these years. The man is 70.
That was kinda dark

Hopefully Hagelin and Cally will stop AV from playing Pyatt and Boyle 16 minutes a game.

BlessThisMess513 is offline  
Old
10-28-2013, 10:51 AM
  #528
TheTakedown764
Registered User
 
TheTakedown764's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 5,089
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBKers View Post
Good points

If this applies how would AV see the current roster and who should stay and who should go (by this reasoning)?
Maybe something like:

Nash = ? BUYOUT POSSIBLY ? (Really hurts to say this)
Hagelin = STAY
Callahan = STAY
Stepan = ?
Richards = PREVIOUSLY BUYOUT REGARDLESS - NOW NOT CERTAIN
Zuccarello = GO
Pouliot = ?
Pyatt = GO
Boyle = GO
Dorsett = STAY
Kreider = STAY
Miller = STAY
Fast = STAY
Moore = BANDAID
Mashinter = GOON
Asham = GONE
Powe = GONE

McD = STAY
GIRARDI = GO
STAAL = ?
MOORE = STAY
MDZ = ???
STRALMAN = STAY
FALK = GO ??

THOUGHTS ON THIS?
List isn't bad, but I'd do the following:

Stay:

Forwards;
Hagelin
Callahan
Richards (again, if he keeps this play up, no reason to oust him)
Doresett
Krieder
Miller
Fast
Mash
Boyle
D. Moore
Zucc* (maybe)

Defense;
McD
Girardi
Staal
J. Moore

The rest can go

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAGLine View Post
Why would Nash be bought out?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Championship View Post
Can't buy out an injured player. Either keep him or trade him. If it's an overhaul then you trade him. Recoup some good pieces there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OverTheCap View Post
So far as Nash getting bought as opposed to Richards, I don't think it will happen. Maybe they start to consider it if Nash comes back midseason and looks nothing like the player he did before a la Lindros.
Nash would be put on the Long Term IR, which gives us a cap hit penalty of $200,000 per season, VERY manageable. As stated, he couldn't be bought out if he was indeed injured.

Personally, I don't think he is worth the 7.8M Cap hit... Maybe 5-6 at most.

I'm all for trading him for another Gaborik-type player at this point, but perhaps I am just impatient. I'd like to see him return to form. Is it possible that he is past his prime? Maybe, Maybe not

TheTakedown764 is offline  
Old
10-28-2013, 10:56 AM
  #529
Trxjw
Retired.
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Land of no calls..
Country: United States
Posts: 17,174
vCash: 500
I'd kick the tires on a Bogosian/Burmistrov's rights package from Winnipeg. They're floundering and could use a lefty defender.

Trxjw is offline  
Old
10-28-2013, 10:57 AM
  #530
Punxrocknyc19*
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 10,232
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by azaloum90 View Post
List isn't bad, but I'd do the following:

Stay:

Forwards;
Hagelin
Callahan
Richards (again, if he keeps this play up, no reason to oust him)
Doresett
Krieder
Miller
Fast
Mash
Boyle
D. Moore
Zucc* (maybe)

Defense;
McD
Girardi
Staal
J. Moore

The rest can go







Nash would be put on the Long Term IR, which gives us a cap hit penalty of $200,000 per season, VERY manageable. As stated, he couldn't be bought out if he was indeed injured.

Personally, I don't think he is worth the 7.8M Cap hit... Maybe 5-6 at most.

I'm all for trading him for another Gaborik-type player at this point, but perhaps I am just impatient. I'd like to see him return to form. Is it possible that he is past his prime? Maybe, Maybe not
You would keep Boyle and let Brassard walk???

Punxrocknyc19* is offline  
Old
10-28-2013, 11:10 AM
  #531
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 29,546
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
I'd kick the tires on a Bogosian/Burmistrov's rights package from Winnipeg. They're floundering and could use a lefty defender.
As would I.

What about Bogosian + Burmistrov's rights for MDZ + ______

Knowing that Bogo makes 5+ million/season while MDZ is up for a new contract soon.

NYR Viper is online now  
Old
10-28-2013, 11:15 AM
  #532
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato
 
HatTrick Swayze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 10,123
vCash: 500
Have people really forgotten how good Nash was last season? Already?

To worry about his concussion issues is one thing. But he was a gamebreaker, much more so than even Gabby was.

__________________
"Here we can see the agression of american people. They love fighting and guns. when they wont win they try to kill us all." -HalfOfFame
HatTrick Swayze is offline  
Old
10-28-2013, 11:18 AM
  #533
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired
 
SingnBluesOnBroadway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 30,467
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by HatTrick Swayze View Post
Have people really forgotten how good Nash was last season? Already?
Dude has been invisible this season.

__________________
SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline  
Old
10-28-2013, 11:31 AM
  #534
GAGLine
HFBoards Sponsor
 
GAGLine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 9,876
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by azaloum90 View Post
Nash would be put on the Long Term IR, which gives us a cap hit penalty of $200,000 per season, VERY manageable. As stated, he couldn't be bought out if he was indeed injured.
Where do you get that his cap hit would be 200k per season? That's not how LTIR works. And you are also assuming that his career is over. That's a huge assumption at this point.

GAGLine is offline  
Old
10-28-2013, 11:33 AM
  #535
Trxjw
Retired.
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Land of no calls..
Country: United States
Posts: 17,174
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Viper View Post
As would I.

What about Bogosian + Burmistrov's rights for MDZ + ______

Knowing that Bogo makes 5+ million/season while MDZ is up for a new contract soon.
Actually, I might back off on that thought now. For some reason I thought he was making $3.2M. No idea where I got that figure, but he's not a $5M player right now. You got the foundation of the deal I was thinking of, but I dunno if I'd be as interested in taking that risk now knowing what he makes.

In principle, it addresses a current need for us, and assuming Burmistrov has an out-clause at the end of the year, he fills a hole moving forward as well. Winnipeg would also be asking for a pretty hefty '+' in the deal.

Trxjw is offline  
Old
10-28-2013, 11:34 AM
  #536
Trxjw
Retired.
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Land of no calls..
Country: United States
Posts: 17,174
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
Dude has been invisible this season.
Agreed. Dubinsky would have never let himself get elbowed directly in the face. Terrible trade!

Trxjw is offline  
Old
10-28-2013, 11:47 AM
  #537
NikC
Registered User
 
NikC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 3,728
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
Dude has been invisible this season.
yea in all 3g he's played in.

Sather's fault.

NikC is online now  
Old
10-28-2013, 11:50 AM
  #538
ericmgomes
Registered User
 
ericmgomes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 159
vCash: 500
Pyatt needs to be cut, I've said this since last year. He doesn't serve a purpose. He's a role player, that is underperforming.

ericmgomes is offline  
Old
10-28-2013, 12:06 PM
  #539
hpNYR
HF Forecaster
 
hpNYR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Burbank, CA
Country: Armenia
Posts: 7,100
vCash: 500
Stepan doesn't exist around these parts anymore. When he comes back to form dont come back saying "I told you so"

This kid is VERY important for this franchise moving forward.

hpNYR is offline  
Old
10-28-2013, 12:08 PM
  #540
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: NYC
Country: Greece
Posts: 7,552
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NikC View Post
yea in all 3g he's played in.

Sather's fault
Colony Pizza Rocks!


Last edited by Boom Boom Geoffrion*: 10-28-2013 at 12:57 PM.
Boom Boom Geoffrion* is offline  
Old
10-28-2013, 12:09 PM
  #541
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 29,546
vCash: 500
So I'm bored at work today do I took a list at the upcoming UFA's and here are the guys I would at least kick the tires on:

Callahan
Girardi
Hank
Stralman

Moulson
Bolland
Steen
Ott
Downie
Goc
McClement
Raymond
Reaves
Bollig

My opinion is that Pouliot, Pyatt, Moore, Boyle, Zuccarello, Asham, Powe will all be let go.

NYR Viper is online now  
Old
10-28-2013, 12:09 PM
  #542
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: NYC
Country: Greece
Posts: 7,552
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericmgomes View Post
I've said this since last year.
Joined: September 2013.

Boom Boom Geoffrion* is offline  
Old
10-28-2013, 12:12 PM
  #543
Trxjw
Retired.
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Land of no calls..
Country: United States
Posts: 17,174
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Boom Geoffrion View Post
Joined: September 2013.
I'm pretty sure the poster was alive, and likely had an opinion about the Rangers, prior to the day he/she joined this forum.

Trxjw is offline  
Old
10-28-2013, 12:13 PM
  #544
Bleed Ranger Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 16,052
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Viper View Post
So I'm bored at work today do I took a list at the upcoming UFA's and here are the guys I would at least kick the tires on:

Callahan
Girardi
Hank
Stralman

Moulson
Bolland
Steen
Ott
Downie
Goc
McClement
Raymond
Reaves
Bollig

My opinion is that Pouliot, Pyatt, Moore, Boyle, Zuccarello, Asham, Powe will all be let go.
I'd stay far, far away from Moulson. He will be completely overpaid - maybe the league will get an early wake-up call on him when he doesn't have Tavares in Buffalo.

Those other guys are bottom 6 types - or 2nd/3rd line tweeners at best. It pisses me off we continually have to have conversations about importing these types of guys.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline  
Old
10-28-2013, 12:13 PM
  #545
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 29,546
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
I'm pretty sure the poster was alive, and likely had an opinion about the Rangers, prior to the day he/she joined this forum.
Psh, speak for yourself...

NYR Viper is online now  
Old
10-28-2013, 12:13 PM
  #546
UnderPSI
Formerly YMMV
 
UnderPSI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Morris Co, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 803
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
Dude has been invisible this season.
Along with the rest of the team. Minus about 2-3 players.

UnderPSI is offline  
Old
10-28-2013, 12:14 PM
  #547
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: NYC
Country: Greece
Posts: 7,552
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Viper View Post

My opinion is that Pouliot, Pyatt, Moore, Boyle, Zuccarello, Asham, Powe will all be let go.
Kreider replaces Pouliot. Fast replaces Pyatt. Lindberg replaces Boyle. Keep Moore. Keep Zuccs. Asham's a goner.

Boom Boom Geoffrion* is offline  
Old
10-28-2013, 12:18 PM
  #548
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 29,546
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
I'd stay far, far away from Moulson. He will be completely overpaid - maybe the league will get an early wake-up call on him when he doesn't have Tavares in Buffalo.

Those other guys are bottom 6 types - or 2nd/3rd line tweeners at best. It pisses me off we continually have to have conversations about importing these types of guys.
Obviously they all depend on the price but I wouldn't mind a couple of those guys to be a veteran presence in the bottom-6/stop-gap top-6ers in case of injuries.

Bolland and someone like McClement would help with face-off's PKing. The Reason I brought up Bollig and Reaves is because this team can not develop their own of this type of player.

With all of the guys I mentioned above leaving, that leaves A LOT of holes...

Nash
Hagelin
Stepan
Brassard
Kreider*
Miller*
Fast*
Callahan**
_______
_______
_______
_______
_______

That would be the 13 forwards

*If those young players solidify themselves as NHLers this year
**If Callahan re-signs

Lot's of spots will be open.

NYR Viper is online now  
Old
10-28-2013, 12:19 PM
  #549
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: NYC
Country: Greece
Posts: 7,552
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
I'm pretty sure the poster was alive, and likely had an opinion about the Rangers, prior to the day he/she joined this forum.
You have received an infraction at Hfboards.

Dear Trxjw,

You have received an infraction at HFBoards.

Reason: Humiliating of one awesome poster.

Your avatar has been removed as a result of your words of choice. Sorry Kreider.

Boom Boom Geoffrion* is offline  
Old
10-28-2013, 12:19 PM
  #550
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 29,546
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Boom Geoffrion View Post
Kreider replaces Pouliot. Fast replaces Pyatt. Lindberg replaces Boyle. Keep Moore. Keep Zuccs. Asham's a goner.
Kreider is already on the team.

Go with the youngest team in the league most likely?

Miller
Fast
Kreider
Miller
Lindberg

All playing regular shifts?

NYR Viper is online now  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:37 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.