HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Who Goes First/Speculation/Rumors Thread

View Poll Results: Who is the ODD MAN OUT?
Zuccerello 1 1.06%
Pyatt 74 78.72%
Pouliot 3 3.19%
They all stay 4 4.26%
They all go 12 12.77%
Voters: 94. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
11-01-2013, 04:03 PM
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGY View Post

Devoid of pure offensive talent? Yes. Kreider is still proving himself, even though he has been a dominant force since his return. If he can play like that for the rest of the year and his career than you have a 2nd forward who can absolutely dominate. But the rest don't bring both. Hagelin wears teams down, but he doesn't always produce the points. Callahan can be a mix of both but not with numbers that are in Nash's status. Richards is a playmaker first. Stepan is a playmaker first. Brassard disappears from the scoresheet every so often. Zucc? What has Zucc proven? Are we still arguing in his defense with the small sample sizes he produces here and there? Miller? You're kidding right?

That list does not consist of one player who can put the puck in the back of the net at will. So yeah it is devoid of that talent. And yes, your very obvious statement of Nash being our best player is a simple minded one. He doesn't have much behind him to prove otherwise against.
lol. i was writing my similar response at the same time. like minds.

well done

Old
11-01-2013, 04:06 PM
Just A Bit Outside
Playoffs??!

vCash: 50
Canucks fan here.

What would you want in return for Brassard?

Old
11-01-2013, 04:10 PM
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls

vCash: 659
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reds81 View Post
Canucks fan here.

Henrik Sedin

Old
11-01-2013, 04:10 PM
Punxrocknyc19*

Quote:
Canucks fan here.

At least 1st round, Gaunce and Hansen to start. Brassard is the quickest center on the Rangers and the most creative and best passer. With Richards most likely being bought out, he would be the best playmaker on the Rangers.

Old
11-01-2013, 04:12 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
Canucks fan here.

I don't think this organization is moving Brassard at the moment. Maybe if they feel he can't be re-signed or his play really drops. But they need him at center for the depth, and i mean quality depth. This team needs his offense. He did not produce early in the season, however, it seems as though it is coming together for him. Critics/supporters of Brass have said it his whole career, he has the potential, but he needs to reach it. I think the rangers saw some of that untapped potential when they acquired him last year and are hoping it becomes consistent this year and the rest of his career. He was our best forward in the playoffs.

Old
11-01-2013, 04:17 PM
Just A Bit Outside
Playoffs??!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punxrocknyc19 View Post
At least 1st round, Gaunce and Hansen to start. Brassard is the quickest center on the Rangers and the most creative and best passer. With Richards most likely being bought out, he would be the best playmaker on the Rangers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGY View Post
I don't think this organization is moving Brassard at the moment. Maybe if they feel he can't be re-signed or his play really drops. But they need him at center for the depth, and i mean quality depth. This team needs his offense. He did not produce early in the season, however, it seems as though it is coming together for him. Critics/supporters of Brass have said it his whole career, he has the potential, but he needs to reach it. I think the rangers saw some of that untapped potential when they acquired him last year and are hoping it becomes consistent this year and the rest of his career. He was our best forward in the playoffs.
Fair enough.

Always liked the kid. Wanted the Canucks to pick him up from CBJ. Think he got wasted there especially being brought in so early.

Anyway, best of luck this season.

Old
11-01-2013, 05:50 PM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
It was under a microscope on the playoffs, but most of the time Nash wowed me with an amazing rush here or there. He wasnt the type of guy that was a dominant force every shift, mostly because hes not very physical at all.
I am sorry, I don't follow at all.

Dominant force every shift? Who is that? Lebron James? Let's look past the two guys in Pittsburg and AO in the East; Stamkos, Tavares, Giroux and co are extremely far from dominat players on a shift by shift basis.

Nash has his faults, yes. But I don't know, I'd like to see him on a good high scoring team. Last year under Torts was just more of the same he faced in CBJ, he was forced to do it by himself. And he played extremely well during the regular season. No other line really created any momentum and he got very little help.

He is our best forward by a wide margin. If you hit the UFA market 6m get you David Clarkson.

So I just don't get the relevance of what you are saying at all. What is your point? He is not the by far best player in the league? He is not Lebron James? You sound like the Knicks fans comparing Melo with Lebum. He is not top 5/10/15/25 among forwards? I still don't get your point. So what should we have done? Kept AA and Dubi and signed Clarkson? Signed LeCavalier?

And the talk about him being one of the worst defensive player in the league is also just a bunch of meaningless crying. What are you talking about? There was not often we got in trouble defensively due to Nash all of last season. What else matters?

Old
11-01-2013, 05:56 PM
Ola

Ok, so now we are trading Brass to Van for a 3rd line checker and a late 1st.

WHY on earth would we do that? What a circus.

Old
11-01-2013, 06:09 PM
Ola

Ofdacrossbar- We are not devoid of talent at all.

We actually got pretty much of it up front, on defense we are really short on top notch offensive talent.

We do not have players that put up great stats, but you need to look at where those stats comes from. +70-75 pts aren't scored by any players in this league who doesn't play on an effective PP. We have not had that PP because we don have a PPQB or a playmaker down low. And the three best playmakers we have BR, Step and MDZ don't work well together. If Step was a leftie or MDZ a righty things could be a lot better, but they aren't...

It's a ***** that Nash is hurt (who knows if he ever will get back?), BR hasn't really found an environment that let's him play to his strength on this team and that Cally miss so much time, but looking around this league we are far from devoid of talent upfront if everyone are healthy.

But unless we can find those money in the bank structures on the attack, and especially the PP, we will not be really high scoring team and our top guys won't be top 5-10 in scoring.

Old
11-01-2013, 10:36 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

MDZ+Pyatt+2nd for Schenn Brothers

Seems to me like the kinda move that could be a win-win situation. None of the players are playing well, we'd keep the brothers together, which could be a win, Luke Schenn is a right defenseman which we need, and Brayden Schenn, who isn't playing well, could use the change of scenerey.

Feel like it would be a good move for both teams...

Basically boils down to MDZ for B. Schenn, and Pyatt+2nd for Luke Schenn.

Old
11-01-2013, 10:38 PM
Punxrocknyc19*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
Seems to me like the kinda move that could be a win-win situation. None of the players are playing well, we'd keep the brothers together, which could be a win, Luke Schenn is a right defenseman which we need, and Brayden Schenn, who isn't playing well, could use the change of scenerey.

Feel like it would be a good move for both teams...

Basically boils down to MDZ for B. Schenn, and Pyatt+2nd for Luke Schenn.

you scared me... i thought this was a rumor being talked about by the press, i was about to celebrate

Old
11-01-2013, 10:39 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
you scared me... i thought this was a rumor being talked about by the press, i was about to celebrate
haha

thoughts?

too one-sided for us?

Old
11-01-2013, 10:42 PM
Punxrocknyc19*

Quote:
haha

thoughts?

too one-sided for us?
id take this and run..

Old
11-01-2013, 10:44 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
id take this and run..
yeah, i'd definitely do the trade, but we have to also take into account that both Schenn brothers are really playing awful hockey.

Its more about what they "could" do rather than what they are actually doing.

Old
11-01-2013, 10:49 PM
I Eat Crow
Fear The Mullet

Philly doesn't do this, IMO, even with both brothers playing awful hockey lately. Maybe if we added a prospect like Kristo or Hrivik, Philly may listen.

Old
11-01-2013, 10:58 PM
Swedish Fish
The Future

yea i would do that in a heartbeat, philly not so much.

Old
11-01-2013, 10:58 PM
frozenrubber

Quote:
haha

thoughts?

too one-sided for us?
hanging out w/ bernmeister/JOrts? Yes, ridiculously one-sided, and while you point out that the Schenns are playing badly, so is Del Zotto.

Nothing wrong w/ wishful thinking.

Old
11-01-2013, 11:00 PM
Emptyvoid

Does Luke play RD?

I'd do this trade in a heart beat...

Old
11-01-2013, 11:08 PM
theFiGS

Lol I know we wanna unload pyatt but this isn't the deal you'd see pyatt. We would have to add more but mdz for Brayden seems fair maybe 2nd and a b prospect for Luke? Pyatt will find himself in the ahl or another team for a late pick

Old
11-01-2013, 11:12 PM
Barnaby

Flyers laugh at this...

Old
11-01-2013, 11:13 PM
Championship*
#Joel&Ellie

That is a pipe dream

Old
11-01-2013, 11:21 PM
Barnaby

... the '+2nd' is usually indicative of a short change.

Old
11-01-2013, 11:41 PM
Claxton

We'd have to add in Miller to get them to listen.

Old
11-02-2013, 12:05 AM
Savant

I guess the Flyers really must have Pyatt

Old
11-02-2013, 12:05 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

i dunno, i think Lukes been a pretty mediocre to borderline terrible defenseman for most of his career. i just dont see the value.

Closed Thread