HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Notices

In-season Proposals, Rumors, Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics) XLIV

Closed Thread

Old
10-27-2013, 04:42 PM
Duchene2MacKinnon
BELIEVE

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs_19 View Post
Couldn't even get Sakic's title or Stastny's name correct.

Canucks are interesting though. Aren't they right against the cap?
What do you expect from Bruce?

Well the avs could take a contract back and some of Stastnys' salary? He's a UFA so, they don't have to worry about his salary next year.

Old
10-27-2013, 04:42 PM
BrickAHL
#NotUs

vCash: 432
Stastny to the Leafs or Canucks?

I might have to kill myself.

Old
10-27-2013, 04:46 PM
hockeyfish

vCash: 50
Quote:
Couldn't even get Sakic's title or Stastny's name correct.

Canucks are interesting though. Aren't they right against the cap?
Lets be honest, Sakic is one of the 100 headed beast that is our GM.

Old
10-27-2013, 04:57 PM
Freudian
Patty likes beef

It stands to reason that as long as Stastny isn't re-signed he could be on the market and if he is, he would draw interest. We see what role he can play on the Avs right now and he could do it elsewhere.

But we don't know the first thing about Stastny's intentions or Avs intentions. Neither does Garrioch.

Old
10-27-2013, 05:25 PM
Ceremony
Just don't forget

vCash: 499
Garrioch is a clown. I don't doubt Stastny is on the market, however. Even as a contingency plan if we think he's not going to re-sign.

ďItís embarrassing. Iím embarrassed to be here right now. Itís not even funny. And itís just embarrassing, the way we, you know, the energy we have in the room and the way we approach practices and the way we approach this game. Itís not how youíre going to win any games in this league." - Jean-Sebastien Giguere, April 8 2013
Old
10-27-2013, 05:52 PM
JWK
Report Spam @JWK Plz

vCash: 157
Actually the wrong info, got fooled by the trade rumors board Some guy posted confirmed with link, but that link was the one from January.

Old
10-27-2013, 05:55 PM
cgf

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrickAHL View Post
Stastny to the Leafs or Canucks?

I might have to kill myself.
If staz wants to leave to be the #1 C somewhere and the Leafs are willing to give us Gardiner to rent him, I'd be okay with it. While I'd love for Paulie to stick around, if he wants to leave, I want him to go somewhere where he'll have a monster finisher like Stewie or Kessel to put up sick numbers with, and I'd rather see him in Toronto than STL. *shrug*

Old
10-27-2013, 06:04 PM
Avs_19
Peter the Great

vCash: 645
Who would the Leafs trade? They have Bozak, Bolland, Kadri, and McClement already.

Old
10-27-2013, 06:12 PM
cgf

Quote:
Who would the Leafs trade? They have Bozak, Bolland, Kadri, and McClement already.
Bozak could be helpful to a team thin up the middle needing a 2/3 kinda guy. Despite how over-rated he is by some leafs fans offensively, he's a good defensive guy and faceoff guy to go with being not Winnik bad on offense. Team like Vancouver could use him if Kesler stays on the wing.

Old
10-27-2013, 06:20 PM
RockLobster
Beatles Guru

vCash: 905
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWK View Post
Actually the wrong info, got fooled by the trade rumors board Some guy posted confirmed with link, but that link was the one from January.
What did I miss?

Thought I'd been in love before, but in my heart I wanted more. Seems like all I really was doing was waiting for you - John Lennon/The Beatles
Old
10-27-2013, 06:43 PM
Nzap
Insert clever phrase

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockLobster View Post
What did I miss?
I think it was someone messing up completely some news about Subban (signing an extension).
He used a link from January which was about some rumors about his next contract.

I'm just assuming though, but that was something that did happen today in the trade forum.

Old
10-27-2013, 07:02 PM
Avalanche
@imlouied

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgf View Post
Bozak could be helpful to a team thin up the middle needing a 2/3 kinda guy. Despite how over-rated he is by some leafs fans offensively, he's a good defensive guy and faceoff guy to go with being not Winnik bad on offense. Team like Vancouver could use him if Kesler stays on the wing.
Soooo, Bozak and a 2nd?

Old
10-27-2013, 07:27 PM
CoachBadkitten
Matt Hunwick

Arthur Staple ‏@StapeNewsday 2m
BREAKING: #Isles have traded Matt Moulson, their 2014 1st-round pick and a 2015 2nd-round pick to Buffalo for Thomas Vanek.

Wow.

Old
10-27-2013, 07:31 PM
Avs_19
Peter the Great

Very risky for the Islanders. He's an impending free agent and their pick could be very high.

I do like them doing something other than selling for once.

Old
10-27-2013, 07:51 PM
The Pwnerer
We are never give up

I like what the Isles did, its time for that team to breakout. Only time will tell, but I hope we do something similar to them. Their offense is looking real nice.

Old
10-27-2013, 07:53 PM
cgf

I love it for the islanders. That's a tough place to convince someone to sign but this way Vanek has almost a full season of Tavares feeding him for all of the goals after the disaster in buffalo to decide he'd be down to stay. Also makes the islanders a pretty damn scary forward core.

Old
10-27-2013, 07:53 PM
Foppa2118

Quote:
Very risky for the Islanders. He's an impending free agent and their pick could be very high.

I do like them doing something other than selling for once.
Buffalo must be banking on that 1st being high because that's not a very good return otherwise. Moulson is gonna be a UFA too. Weird trade.

Old
10-27-2013, 07:54 PM
cgf

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pwnerer View Post
I like what the Isles did, its time for that team to breakout. Only time will tell, but I hope we do something similar to them. Their offense is looking real nice.
Yup, I hope for a similar move to round out our top 4 with a guy who can run the PP til the kids take over.

Old
10-27-2013, 07:56 PM
cgf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foppa2118 View Post
Buffalo must be banking on that 1st being high because that's not a very good return otherwise. Moulson is gonna be a UFA too. Weird trade.
Eh, moulson helps them have some veterans around all of those kids this season and a first and second is a fine return for a guy who was gunna be a rental at the deadline, and it helps their tank. Win-Win IMO

Old
10-27-2013, 07:57 PM
Foppa2118

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgf View Post
Eh, moulson helps them have some veterans around all of those kids this season and a first and second is a fine return for a guy who was gunna be a rental at the deadline, and it helps their tank. Win-Win IMO
Yea but trading Vanek for another pending UFA doesn't make a lot of sense. Doesn't matter how good he is with the kids, if he's not sticking around after this year. Plus it's not clear how good he'll be without Tavares.

Really surprised they didn't wait until at least after the new year to see what else was out there. They could end up with a mid 1st and 2nd that may not turn into much, and a few months of Matt Moulson for one of the best goal scoring power forwards in the league.

Old
10-27-2013, 08:06 PM
Avs_19
Peter the Great

They could move Moulson for another pick at the deadline. Unless he really falls off and plays awful, they could probably get a 2nd round pick for him.

Old
10-27-2013, 08:50 PM
cgf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foppa2118 View Post
Yea but trading Vanek for another pending UFA doesn't make a lot of sense. Doesn't matter how good he is with the kids, if he's not sticking around after this year. Plus it's not clear how good he'll be without Tavares.

Really surprised they didn't wait until at least after the new year to see what else was out there. They could end up with a mid 1st and 2nd that may not turn into much, and a few months of Matt Moulson for one of the best goal scoring power forwards in the league.
Oh I don't expect Moulson to be there long, but shedding vanek with nobody coming back this early into the season would've been too rough on the kids, if he's traded away at the deadline or walks in the summer that's a lot better, while Buffalo will have collected some more picks.

Vanek was gunna leave in the summer regardless and they're still tanking, moving him early in the summer while not losing another vet without replacement and picking up a solid rental deal, 1st+2nd, makes sense for a team who still really need a top pick or two up front.

Old
10-28-2013, 12:22 AM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

I think the Isles will come to regret that trade. Yeah, I know, Vanek is an elite-level talent, but Moulson was loyal to New York and had phenomenal chemistry with JT. Just my opinion.

Incidentally, Moulson is a guy the Avs could use--a guy who makes a living scoring the greasy goals in front of the net. Don't ask me who I would move in a potential deal, but I wouldn't mind seeing Matt Moulson in an Avs jersey. He'd instantly make our not-quite-there power play a lot better.

Old
10-28-2013, 01:16 AM
jaems

I problem I have with players like Moulson is when they stop having chemistry with the playmaker, their value plummets if they aren't able to produce on their own. Plus, as a one-dimension goal scorer, he doesn't add much during the playoffs. Even if Vanek isn't able to mesh really well with Tavares, I could see him opening up space.

Old
10-28-2013, 03:13 AM
jfisher6
#thestructure

Moulson is too soft for the spots on this team he would be competing to fill. We have plenty of skill guys on the wings, why do we need more? Our PP goals are going to be scored by MacKinnon soon enough

Closed Thread