HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game 6: Columbus at Montreal | 10/17 7:30PM EDT

Old
10-17-2013, 09:25 AM
Samkow
Global Moderator
Throwback Thursday

vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to Samkow
Game 6: Columbus at Montreal | 10/17 7:30PM EDT

7:30 PM EDT
Bell Centre
Montreal, Quebec

Lines
Atkinson-Dubinsky-Gaborik
Comeau-Johansen-Umberger
Jenner-Anisimov-Letestu
Craig-MacKenzie-Boll

Tyutin-Johnson
Nikitin-Savard
Wisniewski-Murray

Bobrovsky
McElhinney

Inactive
Collins, Prout

Injured
Bass, Calvert, Foligno, Horton

Lines
Gallagher-Galchenyuk-Eller
Gionta-Plekanec-Bourque
Prust-Briere-Desharnais
Bournival-White-Moen

Subban-Markov
Gorges-Diaz
Bouillon-Beaulieu

Price
Budaj

Inactive
Tinordi

Injured
Drewiske, Emelin, Murray, Parros, Pacioretty

10-17-2013, 09:35 AM
hogtownhabsfan*

Hey guys, just saw on our gameday thread that Horton is hurt. When's he supposed to be back?

hogtownhabsfan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2013, 09:35 AM
Double-Shift Lassé
Just post better

A great 'world' city, with a rich, almost unrivaled hockey pro hockey tradition and a faithful and energetic fan base.

Hope the Jackets kick their *****.

Old
10-17-2013, 09:39 AM
Samkow
Global Moderator
Throwback Thursday

Send a message via Skype™ to Samkow
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogtownhabsfan View Post
Hey guys, just saw on our gameday thread that Horton is hurt. When's he supposed to be back?
Last I heard, December/January.

Samkow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2013, 09:45 AM
hogtownhabsfan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samkow View Post
Last I heard, December/January.
Thanks, he and Subban have a mutual hatred was kind of looking forward to seeing more of it.

hogtownhabsfan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2013, 09:47 AM
Fro
Cheatin on CBJ w TBL

Porty tweeted yesterday same lines for tonight as played in detroit

Fro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2013, 10:07 AM
jacketsnc33

Need to win this one. I'm calling for an OT winner. Would love to see a game in Montreal sometime. Watching Habs games on tv, always looks like a good atmosphere and packed house.

jacketsnc33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2013, 10:29 AM
213 Sentinel

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacketsnc33 View Post
Need to win this one. I'm calling for an OT winner. Would love to see a game in Montreal sometime. Watching Habs games on tv, always looks like a good atmosphere and packed house.
I've been three times. Can verify good time.

213 Sentinel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2013, 10:30 AM
Fro
Cheatin on CBJ w TBL

cydawg is up there for the game...hopefully he gives a report when he gets back to the states...

Fro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2013, 10:33 AM
jacketsnc33

I'd love to hear more about it. Is it an especially expensive place to visit compared to other large cities? Friendly people for the most part? Are most public signs in English and French, or French only?

Old
10-17-2013, 10:57 AM
Kev22

I just hope the game is exciting. The Boston and Detroit games were real snoozers. We'll find out what the Jackets are made of over the next couple of games. If they come back for Sunday's game 2-5, it will ruin all the momentum they had from last year. The compete level is there, the desperation from last year, is not. Hope they turn that around quickly.

Kev22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2013, 11:02 AM
EspenK

EspenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2013, 11:18 AM
JLP
Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacketsnc33 View Post
I'd love to hear more about it. Is it an especially expensive place to visit compared to other large cities? Friendly people for the most part? Are most public signs in English and French, or French only?

Hi there. From my experience Montréal food, hotel and entertainment costs are not as expensive as other large NA cities. It's a city with lots of pedestrians so quite social and friendly, people like to have a good time and low crime. You don't need French for a visit, menus are usually bilingual but watch out for octagonal signs at intersections that are identical to stop signs but say "Arret" instead, and stop there.

Let people know you're from out of town and most will be able to speak English with you. Say you're visiting for a hockey game and most will slap your back and drink with you.

You probably know that Bell Centre ticket prices are among the most expensive in the league, good luck with that.

Hope we have a great game tonight.

JLP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2013, 11:33 AM
Avengers*

Good luck to an awesome rejuvenated team~

Avengers* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2013, 11:35 AM
K33Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLP View Post
Hi there. From my experience Montréal food, hotel and entertainment costs are not as expensive as other large NA cities. It's a city with lots of pedestrians so quite social and friendly, people like to have a good time and low crime. You don't need French for a visit, menus are usually bilingual but watch out for octagonal signs at intersections that are identical to stop signs but say "Arret" instead, and stop there.

Let people know you're from out of town and most will be able to speak English with you. Say you're visiting for a hockey game and most will slap your back and drink with you.

You probably know that Bell Centre ticket prices are among the most expensive in the league, good luck with that.

Hope we have a great game tonight.
Having lived in Montreal for quite some time, I can attest to this (just don't say you're a CLB fan or people will laugh/tease you alot!). If you are travelling and stick to the downtown area you will have zero communication problems as most people, including most quebecers, speak english. Gas typically costs around 1.30/1.40$ per LITER (so about 1.20/1.60$ more per gallon than in the US). Girls and women are also pretty damn very beautiful in general, your eyes will thank you for coming to visit.

Tickets prices are dysmal on the other hand. I've been to a MTL preseason game this year and the tickets (5th row from the bench) were 160$ each (ouch!). Luckily, I didn't have to pay for them! The ambience in the arena is pretty good but if you want a good time I would strongly suggest getting tickets in the grey (Coors/Molsen area) where mostly drunk/young people party. This is where 90% of the ambience comes from: don't expect the corporate types that fill the lower bowls to do that. I've found that these people are actually reluctant to get into the vibe (when people do the wave and such).

Enjoy the stay!

K33Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2013, 11:51 AM
jacketsnc33

Thanks for the info JLP & K33Z. Sounds like a great city to visit. One day...

Old
10-17-2013, 11:52 AM
SuperGenius
For Duty & Humanity!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by K33Z View Post
Having lived in Montreal for quite some time, I can attest to this (just don't say you're a CLB fan or people will laugh/tease you alot!). If you are travelling and stick to the downtown area you will have zero communication problems as most people, including most quebecers, speak english. Gas typically costs around 1.30/1.40$ per LITER (so about 1.20/1.60$ more per gallon than in the US). Girls and women are also pretty damn very beautiful in general, your eyes will thank you for coming to visit.

Tickets prices are dysmal on the other hand. I've been to a MTL preseason game this year and the tickets (5th row from the bench) were 160$ each (ouch!). Luckily, I didn't have to pay for them! The ambience in the arena is pretty good but if you want a good time I would strongly suggest getting tickets in the grey (Coors/Molsen area) where mostly drunk/young people party. This is where 90% of the ambience comes from: don't expect the corporate types that fill the lower bowls to do that. I've found that these people are actually reluctant to get into the vibe (when people do the wave and such).

Enjoy the stay!
I can't imagine being around young drunks would be good for opposing fans....

SuperGenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2013, 12:02 PM
Jackets Woodchuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperGenius View Post
Is there any area of Bell Centre that isn't heavily corporate, but also not just a college/just out of college party scene (i.e. knowledgeable fans who get into the game)?

Jackets Woodchuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2013, 12:09 PM
1857 Howitzer
******* Linesman

Quote:
Or an enjoyable way to watch a game.

1857 Howitzer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2013, 12:36 PM
K33Z

Quote:
As I said, as long as you don't wear a jersey which isn't a MTL one there should be no problems. I'm not saying everyone is drunk/loud/stupid but it is mostly young people (in their 20s and early 30s). Wearing another teams jersey is risky, and not just in Montreal; I went for a CLB/NYR game in 2012 at the MSG and there were two girls cheering for the jackets with their Nash jerseys on. That was the night people in MSG were chanting 'we dont want him'. The girls then starting to cheer when Nash did good thing and then they starting getting trolled. Some (obviously drunk) guys started chanting ''Ugly betty ugly betty'' until they stopped making remarks (not on an aggressive tone and not DIRECTLY targetting the girls even though..).

People at the Bell center won't loud mouth you but wearing an opposing team's jersey does contain some risk. If you're a casual person that minds his own business and does wear his jersey you might get some weird looks and some playful comments such as ''you REALLY like this team?'' but that's pretty much it. Sorry if I made it sound like the top floor is some wild place to avoid at all costs if youre a CLB fan.

EDIT: I just re-read your post and I completely missed your point. Yes there are alot of people cheering and some drunks (but not over the top drunks, just the ones that cheer alot). This rubbs off to the other people attending the higher areas (it is more contagious as most people attending are young). This results in more noise and I've never been to a game where there wasn't at least 1-2 ''waves''. IMO this makes the game more enjoyable but maybe it is because im still relatively young.

Last edited by K33Z: 10-17-2013 at 01:19 PM.
Old
10-17-2013, 12:41 PM
EspenK

Back to hockey for a moment, it will be interesting to me to see how we stack up speed wise with Montreal. To me they always look fast when I've seen them play.

Also just saw this on tsn:

@JohnLuTSNMtl: #Habs Pacioretty had MRI last night, results expected later today. Bourque questionable for tonight. If out, Beaulieu in as 7th D, playing F

And of course we have Galy & Murray

EspenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2013, 12:51 PM
K33Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackets Woodchuck View Post
Is there any area of Bell Centre that isn't heavily corporate, but also not just a college/just out of college party scene (i.e. knowledgeable fans who get into the game)?
I can't give a perfect answer to your question but I will say this:

The Canadiens are sacred in this province. Alot of people follow them and many many people come from all over the country (and the US) to come watch the games. The tickets are also very expensive so going to see a game is like taking a vacation. You will see alot of families bringing their kids for the first time of their life (for young chlidren in this province going to see the CH is like going to disneyland). This means the crowd changes alot from one game to another and throughout my life, I've never had an interesting conversation with anyone when it comes to the game (I've been to Bell center/the Forum at least 10 times). Most people are just casual fans getting out of work and having a good time with their husband/wife/associates/bosses/etc. People are friendly though and you can easily start a convo with the person sitting next to you but when it comes to the content, I can't elaborate on that.

Hope this helps,
K33Z

Old
10-17-2013, 12:54 PM
K33Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by EspenK View Post
Back to hockey for a moment, it will be interesting to me to see how we stack up speed wise with Montreal. To me they always look fast when I've seen them play.

Also just saw this on tsn:

@JohnLuTSNMtl: #Habs Pacioretty had MRI last night, results expected later today. Bourque questionable for tonight. If out, Beaulieu in as 7th D, playing F

And of course we have Galy & Murray
This is good news for us. Pacioretty is a big piece and Bourque being questionnable means that Canadiens will only have two potentially dangerous lines. If we can shutdown their kid line (Eller/Galche/Gallagher) we will have a good shot at winning. Their veterans aren't playing very well these days from what I've seen.

Old
10-17-2013, 01:15 PM
CBJWennberg10
Me when I watch CBJ

Please win

CBJWennberg10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2013, 01:29 PM
Iron Balls McGinty

Quote:
Originally Posted by K33Z View Post
As I said, as long as you don't wear a jersey which isn't a MTL one there should be no problems. I'm not saying everyone is drunk/loud/stupid but it is mostly young people (in their 20s and early 30s). Wearing another teams jersey is risky, and not just in Montreal; I went for a CLB/NYR game in 2012 at the MSG and there were two girls cheering for the jackets with their Nash jerseys on. That was the night people in MSG were chanting 'we dont want him'. The girls then starting to cheer when Nash did good thing and then they starting getting trolled. Some (obviously drunk) guys started chanting ''Ugly betty ugly betty'' until they stopped making remarks (not on an aggressive tone and not DIRECTLY targetting the girls even though..)..
I was at that same game in MSG and had no problem in my CBJ jersey at all. talked to several NYR fans while waiting in line for the doors to open and had a nice hockey conversation with they guy sitting next to me in the upper bowl. One of the ushers even complimented me and my 3rd jersey because he was a big civil war buff and really like them a lot.

I would think in general in opposing arenas, just try to fit and and don't purposefully draw attention to yourself and you won't give anyone a reason to start giving you *****.

Iron Balls McGinty is offline   Reply With Quote