HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Paul Gaustad Proposal

Old
10-17-2013, 04:19 PM
odishabs

vCash: 500
Paul Gaustad Proposal

Hey Guys,

Just chiming in on a possible trade scenario. People were talking on the main boards about the bevvy of depth forwards that you have and that you may be looking to add some offensive potential that can play in a top 6 role.

This being said we have David Desharnais available because of our center depth (Galchenyuk, Plekanec and Eller) Desharnais is signed for 3 more years at 3.5 and Gaustad is signed for 3 more years at 3.25. If the habs offered the following how would you guys as a fan base feel about it?

To Nashville: David Desharnais (500k retained salary)
3rd round pick

To Montreal: Paul Gaustad

odishabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2013, 04:32 PM
Iron Duke

These two names have been proposed before.

I don't think Desharnais is an attractive piece for the build of this roster. The Preds were constructed, this off-season, with the idea of getting bigger, stronger, and grittier. Desharnais, as nice as his skill would be, just really doesn't fit the mold, and I'm just not sure he ends up producing much more than Fisher or Cullen would in this system. Gaustad, as overpaid as he is, plays a valuable role anchoring the 4th line, playing the PK, and being our main faceoff guy (currently among the league leaders). The value is probably more than fine, I'm just not sure it makes us that much better of a team.

Iron Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2013, 04:37 PM
odishabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Duke View Post
These two names have been proposed before.

I don't think Desharnais is an attractive piece for the build of this roster. The Preds were constructed, this off-season, with the idea of getting bigger, stronger, and grittier. Desharnais, as nice as his skill would be, just really doesn't fit the mold, and I'm just not sure he ends up producing much more than Fisher or Cullen would in this system. Gaustad, as overpaid as he is, plays a valuable role anchoring the 4th line, playing the PK, and being our main faceoff guy (currently among the league leaders). The value is probably more than fine, I'm just not sure it makes us that much better of a team.
Perhaps not during the season, is this something that would be more attractive in the offseason?

odishabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2013, 04:46 PM
thecloser

although I want to add offense I am not willing to trade Goose for Desharnais. In my oping Desharnais is a redundant piece.

We need someone that stands out, not more of the same. I understand Goose may not fetch that but that's what we need.

thecloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2013, 05:13 PM
Filipthefuture

I would have not believed you if you told me this past off season people would be declining trade offers for Goose. Maybe we are doing ok so far hahaha

Filipthefuture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2013, 06:06 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filipthefuture View Post
I would have not believed you if you told me this past off season people would be declining trade offers for Goose. Maybe we are doing ok so far hahaha
well, when we would be trading Goose for Goose 2.0, why bother

especially since Goose is turning out to be just what we pay him for... beastly in the dot, stands up for teammates, solid on the PK... unless mtl's player is going to score 10 more goals than goose, i'd pass...

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2013, 06:57 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

The only knock on Goose is his high salary, and perhaps his lingering injury. Other than that, he's fully lived up to expectations IMO.

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2013, 08:14 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
The only knock on Goose is his high salary, and perhaps his lingering injury. Other than that, he's fully lived up to expectations IMO.
It looks like the off season surgery did him a lot of good.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2013, 02:45 PM
thecloser

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post
It looks like the off season surgery did him a lot of good.
agreed. I think he's playing well. Higher salary than we would like but nothing we can do about it now and he's doing his job well.

thecloser is offline   Reply With Quote