HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What is really worrying me.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-28-2003, 01:43 PM
  #1
Wpg Jets
Registered User
 
Wpg Jets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: OH! CANADA!!
Posts: 3,460
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to Wpg Jets
What is really worrying me.

I know that Potvin has been aweful in his 1st 2 starts but what is really making me worry is our lack of "O" we are just not scoring! And I know we are using watered down line ups but without nick and very solid goaltending than we need to score and way more often!

Wpg Jets is offline  
Old
09-28-2003, 02:23 PM
  #2
Kirk- NEHJ
Registered User
 
Kirk- NEHJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: CAV Country!
Country: United States
Posts: 12,745
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wpg Jets
I know that Potvin has been aweful in his 1st 2 starts but what is really making me worry is our lack of "O" we are just not scoring! And I know we are using watered down line ups but without nick and very solid goaltending than we need to score and way more often!
A legitmate concern.

The Bruins will address it, but folks may not like the solution.

Kirk- NEHJ is offline  
Old
09-28-2003, 02:24 PM
  #3
RI.B FAN
Registered User
 
RI.B FAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: JAMESTOWN RI
Posts: 1,144
vCash: 500
I agree, however they have not put their lines out there as of now. This week should tell if the offence is an issue or if they were holding back to see the rookies. How about this young talent we are seeing!! Two to three years from now, assuming we can get passed all the signings we need to next year and this team will be intimidating to play against.

RI.B FAN is offline  
Old
09-28-2003, 06:24 PM
  #4
JimmyV
Registered User
 
JimmyV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: CT
Country: United States
Posts: 373
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to JimmyV
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk- NEHJ
A legitmate concern.

The Bruins will address it, but folks may not like the solution.

Kirk,

Who's leaving beantown, and who do you hear is coming?

Comrie, Satan?

JimmyV is offline  
Old
09-28-2003, 06:54 PM
  #5
neelynugs
Registered User
 
neelynugs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Vote Quimby!
Posts: 29,542
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk- NEHJ
A legitmate concern.

The Bruins will address it, but folks may not like the solution.
kirk my friend, i don't like the sound of this :mad:
it has my mind racing about possible panic deals, and if boynton is involved, i will be very very angry. too bad that the b's organization and oates had such bad blood, b/c he'd be a great fit for us right now.

neelynugs is offline  
Old
09-28-2003, 06:59 PM
  #6
Magnus Fulgur
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 7,354
vCash: 500
Waiver

I'm okay with trading Boynton if it gets us that #2 center (Arnott?), and then we trade our junk (Shields, Hilbert, etc.) for an adequate vet D man to cover us in case OD and McGillis have injuries. We could also get vet D from the Flyers waiver fodder.

Magnus Fulgur is offline  
Old
09-28-2003, 07:55 PM
  #7
misterjaggers
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: The Duke City
Country: United States
Posts: 14,273
vCash: 500
Cliff Ronning

Why don't we sign Cliff Ronning? He's unrestricted, wouldn't cost a mint and can still contribute...
http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/players/68/career

misterjaggers is offline  
Old
09-29-2003, 06:18 AM
  #8
John Flyers Fan
Registered User
 
John Flyers Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 22,345
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedbsfan
I'm okay with trading Boynton if it gets us that #2 center (Arnott?), and then we trade our junk (Shields, Hilbert, etc.) for an adequate vet D man to cover us in case OD and McGillis have injuries. We could also get vet D from the Flyers waiver fodder.
Flyers don't have to expose one of the vets in the waiver draft, but

Ragnarsson, Therien, and Seidenberg could all be had in a trade.

Ragnarsson - signed for this year and next - $7 million.

Therien - signed for this year only - $2.6 million



What is your offer ?

John Flyers Fan is offline  
Old
09-29-2003, 07:32 AM
  #9
misterjaggers
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: The Duke City
Country: United States
Posts: 14,273
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Flyers Fan
Flyers don't have to expose one of the vets in the waiver draft, but

Ragnarsson, Therien, and Seidenberg could all be had in a trade.

Ragnarsson - signed for this year and next - $7 million.

Therien - signed for this year only - $2.6 million



What is your offer ?
I'm not sure what we'd offer in trade, but it won't be Boynton. McConnell would get lynched by Bs fans if he traded him. Boynton isn't Bourque but those are the kind of minutes he plays every night...

misterjaggers is offline  
Old
09-29-2003, 07:36 AM
  #10
John Flyers Fan
Registered User
 
John Flyers Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 22,345
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterjaggers
I'm not sure what we'd offer in trade, but it won't be Boynton. McConnell would get lynched by Bs fans if he traded him. Boynton isn't Bourque but those are the kind of minutes he plays every night...

Flyers wouldn't really be looking to get a defenseman in return, more likely a prospect that plays wing or a draft pick.

John Flyers Fan is offline  
Old
09-29-2003, 07:41 AM
  #11
misterjaggers
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: The Duke City
Country: United States
Posts: 14,273
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedbsfan
I'm okay with trading Boynton if it gets us that #2 center (Arnott?), and then we trade our junk (Shields, Hilbert, etc.) for an adequate vet D man to cover us in case OD and McGillis have injuries. We could also get vet D from the Flyers waiver fodder.
Boynton plays more minutes than anyone else for a reason: He's versatile. He's the man you want out there. The Bs need to bite the g'damn bullet and sign him!! MOC needs to end his penny-wise, pound-foolish nonsense!!!!

In the long run the second line center vacuum will fix itself because Bergeron, Hilbert or Zino will step up. In the short term, why don't we patch the hole by signing a UFA like Ronning?

misterjaggers is offline  
Old
09-29-2003, 07:41 AM
  #12
Stock Rocks
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Billerica, Mass.
Posts: 3,947
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Flyers Fan
Flyers wouldn't really be looking to get a defenseman in return, more likely a prospect that plays wing or a draft pick.
Doug Doull, Colton Orr and a 9th rounder for Joni Pitkanen

Stock Rocks is offline  
Old
09-29-2003, 07:45 AM
  #13
John Flyers Fan
Registered User
 
John Flyers Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 22,345
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stock Rocks
Doug Doull, Colton Orr and a 9th rounder for Joni Pitkanen
Therien - played college hockey in New England, something the Bruins are always on the lookout for.

Kings 2nd round pick

for

Bruins #1


or

Therien & Flyers 5th

for

Bruins 2nd


Feel free to substitue Ragnarsson for Therien.

John Flyers Fan is offline  
Old
09-29-2003, 08:06 AM
  #14
neelynugs
Registered User
 
neelynugs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Vote Quimby!
Posts: 29,542
vCash: 500
therien is garbage- i think you need to stop offering us your junk

neelynugs is offline  
Old
09-29-2003, 09:12 AM
  #15
John Flyers Fan
Registered User
 
John Flyers Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 22,345
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by neelynugs
therien is garbage- i think you need to stop offering us your junk

The only defenseman you have that is definitely better than Therien in Boynton. McGillis should be better, but Therien was outplaying him by a mile before Dan was traded last year.

He's equal to Gill & better than Moran, O'Donnell, the the rest of the crew you're running out there.

In his 9 year NHL career, spent playing against the other teams top lines every night he's a +131 (in the top 10 in the NHL over this time period). Obviously it helps playing with Desjardins, but Therien is a solid defensive defenseman. Not as physical as you would like, but still vaulable to a team that could use the help on the blueline (Bruins, Leafs etc. etc.)

John Flyers Fan is offline  
Old
09-29-2003, 09:26 AM
  #16
misterjaggers
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: The Duke City
Country: United States
Posts: 14,273
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Flyers Fan
The only defenseman you have that is definitely better than Therien in Boynton. McGillis should be better, but Therien was outplaying him by a mile before Dan was traded last year.

He's equal to Gill & better than Moran, O'Donnell, the the rest of the crew you're running out there.

In his 9 year NHL career, spent playing against the other teams top lines every night he's a +131 (in the top 10 in the NHL over this time period). Obviously it helps playing with Desjardins, but Therien is a solid defensive defenseman. Not as physical as you would like, but still vaulable to a team that could use the help on the blueline (Bruins, Leafs etc. etc.)
The Bruins don't need a defensive defenseman. They need to resign Boynton and Berard.

And don't underestimate O'Donnell...

misterjaggers is offline  
Old
09-29-2003, 09:32 AM
  #17
TheBigBadB
Registered User
 
TheBigBadB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: North Andover
Country: United States
Posts: 6,276
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterjaggers
The Bruins don't need a defensive defenseman. They need to resign Boynton and Berard.

Boynton..is a must sign...I agree there..but berard...nope...rather see Jilson play...

TheBigBadB is offline  
Old
09-29-2003, 09:36 AM
  #18
John Flyers Fan
Registered User
 
John Flyers Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 22,345
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterjaggers
The Bruins don't need a defensive defenseman. They need to resign Boynton and Berard.

And don't underestimate O'Donnell...

He's better than O'Donnell, and a better overall defenseman than Berard. Obviously doesn't bring you the offense of Berard, but doesn't scare the bejesus out of you in your own end either.

John Flyers Fan is offline  
Old
09-29-2003, 09:39 AM
  #19
misterjaggers
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: The Duke City
Country: United States
Posts: 14,273
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigBadB
Boynton..is a must sign...I agree there..but berard...nope...rather see Jilson play...
I agree that Boynton is the more important signing--a critical signing, in fact--but with Girard in a wheelchair and Jilson trying to simplify and feel confident about his game, I think signing Berard is money well-spent. He injects mobility into our defense.

misterjaggers is offline  
Old
09-29-2003, 09:44 AM
  #20
misterjaggers
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: The Duke City
Country: United States
Posts: 14,273
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Flyers Fan
He's better than O'Donnell, and a better overall defenseman than Berard. Obviously doesn't bring you the offense of Berard, but doesn't scare the bejesus out of you in your own end either.
With Girard in a wheelchair and Boynton and Berard holding out, the Bruins have a problem getting the puck out of their own end -a lack of mobility. Otherwise, I think we have adequate depth at that position.

misterjaggers is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:58 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.