HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Rangers @ Devils (no 1st win for NJ Devils)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-18-2013, 01:57 PM
  #51
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 27,277
vCash: 500
What are they doing to Larsson. Seriously.

NYR Viper is offline  
Old
10-18-2013, 02:04 PM
  #52
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42
 
Rangers Fail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 16,440
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRFAN218 View Post
Tom Gulitti ‏@TGfireandice 1m
Fayne and Josefson are playing Saturday vs. Rangers. Were already told. Not official, but looks like Larsson and Loktionov coming out.
Larsson the savior? The Larsson who will be better than Lidstrom?? How is this possible???

Rangers Fail is offline  
Old
10-18-2013, 02:25 PM
  #53
Raspewtin
disenchanted
 
Raspewtin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Prati, Rome
Country: Italy
Posts: 5,842
vCash: 500
Wow, Adam Larsson is getting yo-yoed worse than Kreider was. And this kid is supposed to be their blueline savior. It's okay, Urbom will shoulder the weight .

Raspewtin is offline  
Old
10-18-2013, 02:39 PM
  #54
Punxrocknyc19*
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 10,233
vCash: 500
http://blueshirtsunited.com/videos/4...anging-my-game. What game the how to not bring anything to the Rangers that stands out..

Punxrocknyc19* is offline  
Old
10-18-2013, 03:09 PM
  #55
SwedishBullet62
Never go full torts.
 
SwedishBullet62's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 4,706
vCash: 500
so our top line is basically gona have two guys playing hockey and one guy playing ghost and doing whatever it is he does

i give pyatt a couple shifts before AV realizes hes not gona do jack squat on the first line, give zucc or fast a shot at least their offensively capable

SwedishBullet62 is offline  
Old
10-18-2013, 03:23 PM
  #56
azaloum90
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,742
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedishBullet62 View Post
so our top line is basically gona have two guys playing hockey and one guy playing ghost and doing whatever it is he does

i give pyatt a couple shifts before AV realizes hes not gona do jack squat on the first line, give zucc or fast a shot at least their offensively capable
why are we catering the Pyatt? It's not like the guy has ever been THAT good of a player?
wait, here's why...
He had ONE good season from 06-07 where he scored 23 goals in 76 games. That's about .3 goals per game.... Over the last seven seasons, he's averaged 12.5 goals per year...
Guess what team that was?... Yep, you guessed it, the good ol' Canucks... It's no wonder AV still sees potential from him. It's too bad he can't realize that was 7 years ago...

Every other season has been under 15 goals with the exception of 2 (for 18 and 16 goals)... ****ing pathetic. His "game" the past 3 years has been awful


http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p....php?pid=31777

azaloum90 is offline  
Old
10-18-2013, 03:29 PM
  #57
SwedishBullet62
Never go full torts.
 
SwedishBullet62's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 4,706
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by azaloum90 View Post
why are we catering the Pyatt? It's not like the guy has ever been THAT good of a player?
wait, here's why...
He had ONE good season from 06-07 where he scored 23 goals in 76 games. That's about .3 goals per game.... Over the last seven seasons, he's averaged 12.5 goals per year...
Guess what team that was?... Yep, you guessed it, the good ol' Canucks... It's no wonder AV still sees potential from him. It's too bad he can't realize that was 7 years ago...

Every other season has been under 15 goals with the exception of 2 (for 18 and 16 goals)... ****ing pathetic. His "game" the past 3 years has been awful


http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p....php?pid=31777
yea i dont get it maybe it will work out but i highly doubt it, AV clearly likes pyatt hes played him alot especially on the PK and pyatt has done well but he has no offensive talent whatsoever

SwedishBullet62 is offline  
Old
10-18-2013, 03:37 PM
  #58
Bird Law
Daisy's back.
 
Bird Law's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NoVA / NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 67,361
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Viper View Post
What are they doing to Larsson. Seriously.
He's not very good, man.

__________________
"Of course giving Sather cap space is like giving teenagers whiskey and car keys." - SBOB
"Watching Sather build a team is like watching a blind man with no fingers trying to put together an elaborate puzzle." - Shadowtron
Sestito still on the make a wish tour. - rholt168
"Okay, Joel. You've had your fun. Give your brother his pads back." - Trxjw
Bird Law is online now  
Old
10-18-2013, 03:37 PM
  #59
Bird Law
Daisy's back.
 
Bird Law's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NoVA / NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 67,361
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raspewtin View Post
It's okay, Urbom will shoulder the weight .

Bird Law is online now  
Old
10-18-2013, 03:41 PM
  #60
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 27,277
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
He's not very good, man.
Then they should have him the AHL playing so he can get better...

NYR Viper is offline  
Old
10-18-2013, 03:46 PM
  #61
SwedishBullet62
Never go full torts.
 
SwedishBullet62's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 4,706
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
He's not very good, man.
so glad the devils won the lottery and took him, the hype around him at and after the draft was ridiculous, they should have let him develop

SwedishBullet62 is offline  
Old
10-18-2013, 03:58 PM
  #62
RangerBlue62
Smoothies! Who's in?
 
RangerBlue62's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 3,818
vCash: 500
Richards - Brassard - Pyatt
Miller - Stepan - Zucc
Pouliot - Boyle - Fast
Powe - Moore - Dorsett



The Devils will also be extremely hungry looking for their first win. This has loss written all over it.

RangerBlue62 is offline  
Old
10-18-2013, 03:58 PM
  #63
Black Tank
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: a NYer in England
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 1,163
vCash: 500
Larsson is a bust, Urbom is given away for free to the Caps where he's looking pretty damn good. The have a couple of middling Dmen prospects but no 1 or 2 Dman out of that bunch. They have absolutely no one at all with any offensive upside anywhere in their system.

They traded a first rounder for Schneider who is going to walk next year, they don't have a first this year and that would have been a very high pick. They're weighed down with so, so many bad contracts as well as Brodeur who now gives up 2-3 bad goals a game, up from the usual 1 bad goal a game that he's been at for the last few years. And finally, they have a horribly outmatched GM who hasn't known what to do since Lockout I. Also, Stevens looks clueless as part of Dum Dum DeBoer's staff. How much you want to bet that he gets the next head coaching staff job, after all MacLean had so much success.

Having said all that, the game against the Rangers is like the Stanley Cup for the dead end Devils and their fans, the highlight of their abyssmal season. Let's just get this one under our belt and keep carrying on learning AV's system and turning things around during the big homestand.

Black Tank is offline  
Old
10-18-2013, 04:08 PM
  #64
Idlerlee
Always play Richards
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Oslo, Norway
Country: Norway
Posts: 1,461
vCash: 50
Pyatt on first line ? Doesn't smell of old-timey camraderie at all

Idlerlee is online now  
Old
10-18-2013, 04:12 PM
  #65
Punxrocknyc19*
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 10,233
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oh Thats Nashty View Post
Richards - Brassard - Pyatt
Miller - Stepan - Zucc
Pouliot - Boyle - Fast
Powe - Moore - Dorsett



The Devils will also be extremely hungry looking for their first win. This has loss written all over it.

I don't know. No one knows more about Schneider than AV and his tendencies. This could be a good thing.. if he handles the puck well like Marty, Rangers should try to shoot the puck as much as possible.. look for those fluke/ugly goals

Punxrocknyc19* is offline  
Old
10-18-2013, 04:43 PM
  #66
broadwayblue
Registered User
 
broadwayblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 15,071
vCash: 500
Larsson is what, 24, 26?

broadwayblue is offline  
Old
10-18-2013, 04:46 PM
  #67
Bird Law
Daisy's back.
 
Bird Law's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NoVA / NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 67,361
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Viper View Post
Then they should have him the AHL playing so he can get better...
He didn't get any better when he was in the AHL. It's almost as if he plateaued. I assume he'll get over the hump one day, but I don't anticipate anything special from his career.

Bird Law is online now  
Old
10-18-2013, 04:54 PM
  #68
Championship*
#Joel&Ellie
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 2,503
vCash: 500
What a jinx with that title

Championship* is offline  
Old
10-18-2013, 05:02 PM
  #69
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'
 
Bob Richards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 44,687
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
Larsson is what, 24, 26?
He's 20. The criticism against him has been pretty harsh even though he looks so pedestrian.

__________________
Into the flood again; Same old trip it was back then.
Bob Richards is offline  
Old
10-18-2013, 05:07 PM
  #70
Bird Law
Daisy's back.
 
Bird Law's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NoVA / NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 67,361
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Richards View Post
He's 20. The criticism against him has been pretty harsh even though he looks so pedestrian.
And it's his third season and he still looks as mediocre as his first game. Zero improvement is definitely a problem no matter how you look at it.

Bird Law is online now  
Old
10-18-2013, 05:09 PM
  #71
mrhockey193195
Registered User
 
mrhockey193195's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Westchester, NY
Posts: 3,169
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by offdacrossbar View Post
.865 ugh.

dude just needs to go away. his slowness has actually gotten slower.

hes a dick but hes had an amazing career. the longer he stays, the more he sullies his reputation. then again, let him stay...

I hate Brodeur as much, if not more than most Ranger fans...but there's pretty much nothing he can do on the ice to sully his reputation. He is solidly one of the six greatest goalies of all time, and nothing he does from here on out will change that (similar to Chelios's last few years in the NHL).

mrhockey193195 is offline  
Old
10-18-2013, 05:13 PM
  #72
ColonialsHockey10
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 9,049
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
He didn't get any better when he was in the AHL. It's almost as if he plateaued. I assume he'll get over the hump one day, but I don't anticipate anything special from his career.
Wouldn't say it is as much plateud as it was his potential just being overrated.

No matter how smart you are, without a game breaking ability you won't be a premiere defenseman in the NHL.

ColonialsHockey10 is offline  
Old
10-18-2013, 05:15 PM
  #73
Bird Law
Daisy's back.
 
Bird Law's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NoVA / NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 67,361
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColonialsHockey10 View Post
Wouldn't say it is as much plateud as it was his potential just being overrated.

No matter how smart you are, without a game breaking ability you won't be a premiere defenseman in the NHL.
I say plateaued because I think he's the same guy as the day he was drafted. Just no real improvement or anything. Sort of weird.

Bird Law is online now  
Old
10-18-2013, 05:17 PM
  #74
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'
 
Bob Richards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 44,687
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
And it's his third season and he still looks as mediocre as his first game. Zero improvement is definitely a problem no matter how you look at it.
He can suck all he wants. Completely fine by me.

Bob Richards is offline  
Old
10-18-2013, 05:18 PM
  #75
ColonialsHockey10
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 9,049
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
I say plateaued because I think he's the same guy as the day he was drafted. Just no real improvement or anything. Sort of weird.
In that sense it's definitely true. He does resemble the 18 year old Larsson to a T.

ColonialsHockey10 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:49 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.