HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

D Ryan Lindgren - USNTDP (2016 Draft)

Old
11-25-2012, 05:28 PM
3 Minute Minor

vCash: 500
D Ryan Lindgren - USNTDP (2016 Draft)

I've been on a Shattuck kick recently, I was sent some videos of a couple Shattuck games last week and I couldn't tell who this one D-man was that was lighting it up and outplaying everyone on the ice. I took a look at the season stats and guessed it was Lindgren and it was confirmed by the guy who sent me the games. Kid looks like the real deal and I forgot to pay attention to the guy I was planning on watching (Brett Crossley)

I wanna see him and Werenski in a game together, Lindgren is easily the best D-man I've seen in the age range of Werenski so far.

EP Profile:
http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=226442

Last edited by 3 Minute Minor: 10-15-2013 at 07:03 PM.
3 Minute Minor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2012, 05:47 PM
William H Bonney

He's certainly putting up some impressive stats. Not sure what size he is currently but his older brother is Charlie Lindgren (Sioux Fall's goalie and an SCSU commit) who is 6'1 so hopefully Ryan will be of at least a similar size.

It's probably too early to say much about him and other young defenders. Werenski is highly touted but a lot of folks like Noah Hanifin as much if not more. Also, Sean Day is a highly touted '98 d-man and has drawn raves as well playing Midget Minor this season.

10-20-2013, 09:03 PM
wings5

Any updates on the kid? Sounds like a huge talent from what I've heard.

wings5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2013, 09:07 PM
3 Minute Minor

He's a '98 and made the Prep team for Shattuck. His offensive production isn't silly like it was at younger levels so I'm sure people will discredit him but it's nonsense. I haven't seen him with the Prep team yet but I've heard he's held his own thus far, just hasn't had the offense we're use to seeing from him.

He's committed to Univ. of Minnesota and the Brandon Wheat Kings drafted him in the 8th round of last years Bantam draft.

No updated height/weight on him lately.

Old
10-20-2013, 09:10 PM
wings5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Tilander View Post
He's a '98 and made the Prep team for Shattuck. His offensive production isn't silly like it was at younger levels so I'm sure people will discredit him but it's nonsense. He's committed to Univ. of Minnesota.

No updated height/weight on him lately.
Well back in April he was listed same height as his brother Charlie at 6'1. Weight wise not sure was listed at 190 but he was under 6 ft back then so he could be 200 + by now. http://overtheboards.net/shattuck-ba...-to-minnesota/

If I'm not mistaken he is playing this year with players much older is he not?

wings5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2013, 09:15 PM
3 Minute Minor

Quote:
Originally Posted by wings5 View Post
Well back in April he was listed same height as his brother Charlie at 6'1. Weight wise not sure was listed at 190 but he was under 6 ft back then so he could be 200 +. http://overtheboards.net/shattuck-ba...-to-minnesota/

If I'm not mistaken he is playing this year with players much older is he not?
he & Clayton Keller are the only '98s on the Shattuck Prep team this year.

Last year the only underage like that to play prep was Nathan Noel and he was discredited by many because of his production drop off, it annoyed me to no end.

I like that description of him in the article though:
Quote:
With an excess of both natural talent and strength, Lindgren possesses a powerful stride that gets him down the ice alarmingly fast for such a hulking skater. That said, we hesitate to call him ‘explosive’. Instead, Lindgren grits his teeth and simply makes things happen all over the ice with force of will. With a hell of a shot and maturity far ahead of his years, Lindgren has the strength to make forwards regret crossing him and the ability to keep the puck away from them on retrievals.
with the exception of "grits his teeth" and "hulking skater", I couldn't have said it better myself