HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Nucks-Oilers-Avs

Closed Thread

Old
10-18-2013, 07:30 PM
iFan
McDavid to Virtanen

vCash: 500
Nucks-Oilers-Avs

Vancouver gets

Yakupov and Barrie

Avs gets

Edler, Schroeder (or a 1st) and a 2nd

Oilers get

Ryan O'Reilly

Seems to help all 3 teams, Oilers need a top 6 center like ROR badly, Avs need a top pairing D man like Edler and Nucks need youth to support it's older core and scoring outside of the Sedins. Avs are loaded with skilled forwards as are the Oilers and Van is loaded with D man so all teams trading from strength to bring in what they need.

Old
10-18-2013, 07:34 PM
Lonewolfe2015

vCash: 239
Not to be outdone by the Jets, the Nucks have decided to concoct their own 3-way trade to take away one of the young talented players on the Avs roster. I'll let the peanut gallery decide the fate of this one, noting that ROR is absolutely not for sale.

Old
10-18-2013, 07:35 PM
molsonmuscle360

Quote:
Originally Posted by iFan View Post
Vancouver gets

Yakupov and Barrie

Avs gets

Oilers get

Ryan O'Reilly

Seems to help all 3 teams, Oilers need a top 6 center like ROR badly, Avs need a top pairing D man like Edler and Nucks need youth to support it's older core and scoring outside of the Sedins. Avs are loaded with skilled forwards as are the Oilers and Van is loaded with D man so all teams trading from strength to bring in what they need.
Gagner is in Edmonton right now get clearance to play, and Arcobello has been a ppg player this year as a backup 2nd center for Gagner. Center is not Edmonton's issue. It's defense.

Old
10-18-2013, 07:36 PM
BoldNewLettuce
Esquire

vCash: 157
Yakupov will never ever play in Vancouver. Ever.

Old
10-18-2013, 07:39 PM
iFan
McDavid to Virtanen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolfe2015 View Post
Not to be outdone by the Jets, the Nucks have decided to concoct their own 3-way trade to take away one of the young talented players on the Avs roster. I'll let the peanut gallery decide the fate of this one, noting that ROR is absolutely not for sale.
Yet your getting a #1D man with size and hits hard and puts up around 50pts....

Old
10-18-2013, 07:41 PM
iFan
McDavid to Virtanen

Quote:
Originally Posted by molsonmuscle360 View Post
Gagner is in Edmonton right now get clearance to play, and Arcobello has been a ppg player this year as a backup 2nd center for Gagner. Center is not Edmonton's issue. It's defense.
Your small in the top 6 and ROR helps that with bring grit and strong defense play, you can then move Gagner to help out your D while getting bigger in the top 6 and being harder to play against.

Old
10-18-2013, 07:42 PM
Lonewolfe2015

vCash: 239
Quote:
If Edler were a #1 dman he wouldn't be available, he's a good #2 that would probably help out our blue line a lot. But at the expense of ROR he's not worth it.

We can't afford to trade any of our young core right now, even if it means we can't fill the defensive hole we have.

And I don't even have to mention that adding Barrie makes this even worse for us.

Old
10-18-2013, 07:43 PM
cgf

Quote:
At least Radar for Edler makes some sense. Duchene for every other piece in that trade wouldn't have been fair.

Old
10-18-2013, 07:43 PM
jfisher6
#thestructure

vCash: 50
I would die inside if I ever saw Ryan O'Reilly in an Oilers Jersey

Old
10-18-2013, 07:44 PM
Freudian
Patty likes beef

Preferring to want to keep O'Reilly and Barrie isn't an attack on Edler.

I would think O'Reilly is a player Roy wants to build around.

Old
10-18-2013, 07:45 PM
Hansen 36
BASED JIM BENNING

vCash: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoldNewLettuce View Post
But what if he wants to be the new Bure?

Old
10-18-2013, 07:45 PM
Elimanator
Thats my summer team

Quote:
Vancouver gets

Yakupov and Barrie

Avs gets

Oilers get

Ryan O'Reilly

Old
10-18-2013, 07:50 PM
iFan
McDavid to Virtanen

Quote:
If Edler were a #1 dman he wouldn't be available, he's a good #2 that would probably help out our blue line a lot. But at the expense of ROR he's not worth it.

We can't afford to trade any of our young core right now, even if it means we can't fill the defensive hole we have.

And I don't even have to mention that adding Barrie makes this even worse for us.
That's fine but Edler is a #1 D man he's just not Elite like Weber, he's been very good so far this season and the only reason why Vancouver could trade him is because we still have Garrison, Hamhuis, Bieksa and Tanev has really stepped up this year and Corrado ready but no room on a stacked Blue line. Vancouver needs are scoring throughout the line up and getting younger while staying a playoff team. I honestly understand not wanting to part with ROR I would love to have him on the Nucks! Just thought with Duchene, Landeskog, MacKinnon, Stastny, Downie ect you cold afford to move a piece to bring back a D man like Edler to help an area in need of help like your blue line

Old
10-18-2013, 07:52 PM
Avs44

vCash: 3319
Quote:
I have watched Edler quite a bit...no, he is not a #1 defensman. His game is still filled with mistakes and inconsistencies. Some nights, yes, he looks like a #1 defensman, other nights, absolutely not. He has all the skills to be a consistent #1 defensman, but I'm honestly not sure if he'll ever be able to put it all together. I honestly don't even consider him the best defensman on the Canucks. Despite his stuggles this year, I'll still take Hamhuis over him.

As to your proposal, no thank you. There is no indication at all that O'Reilly is available, he's looked very good on Duchene's wing. Trading O'Reilly and Barrie for Edler+ is an absolute no in my opinion. Would Edler be a massive upgrade? Yes. But we're also losing an incredibly talented forward that we cannot afford to lose, and a young defensman that should not be a available at all. While Edler is currently way better than Barrie, adding a defensman then trading Barrie is counter productive. A late 2nd round pick really does nothing for us, and Schroeder would have no spot on our current roster at all.

Old
10-18-2013, 07:52 PM
29MacKinnon29
Calder, what's next?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freudian View Post
Preferring to want to keep O'Reilly and Barrie isn't an attack on Edler.

I would think O'Reilly is a player Roy wants to build around.
Agreed

Old
10-18-2013, 07:56 PM
Manitoba Oilers*

Quote:
His favorite team was Vancouver and Detroit

And I'd rather have yak over orielly

Old
10-18-2013, 07:59 PM
dnicks17

I wouldn't trade Yak yet, but if I had to, it'd be for a defenseman, not a #2C.

Old
10-18-2013, 07:59 PM
Samwise Gagner
We suck.

So we trade Yak for Ror...

Pass.

Old
10-18-2013, 08:01 PM
iFan
McDavid to Virtanen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs44 View Post
I have watched Edler quite a bit...no, he is not a #1 defensman. His game is still filled with mistakes and inconsistencies. Some nights, yes, he looks like a #1 defensman, other nights, absolutely not. He has all the skills to be a consistent #1 defensman, but I'm honestly not sure if he'll ever be able to put it all together. I honestly don't even consider him the best defensman on the Canucks. Despite his stuggles this year, I'll still take Hamhuis over him.

As to your proposal, no thank you. There is no indication at all that O'Reilly is available, he's looked very good on Duchene's wing. Trading O'Reilly and Barrie for Edler+ is an absolute no in my opinion. Would Edler be a massive upgrade? Yes. But we're also losing an incredibly talented forward that we cannot afford to lose, and a young defensman that should not be a available at all. While Edler is currently way better than Barrie, adding a defensman then trading Barrie is counter productive. A late 2nd round pick really does nothing for us, and Schroeder would have no spot on our current roster at all.
I disagree on Edler this season him and Garrison have been our best this season even Torts was giving Edler rave reviews. I understand not wanting to lose a player like ROR in many ways it's like us trading Kesler, that type of player holds a lot of value to a team and why we pick Horvat in this past draft but landing top pairing D man like Edler who puts up points around 50pts and on a great contract won't come cheap, I don't see value as being off but I do understanding not wanting to move certain players.

Old
10-18-2013, 08:08 PM
29MacKinnon29
Calder, what's next?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samwise Gagner View Post
So we trade Yak for Ror...

Pass.
We'll pass, too

Old
10-18-2013, 08:10 PM
Freudian
Patty likes beef

Quote:
I disagree on Edler this season him and Garrison have been our best this season even Torts was giving Edler rave reviews. I understand not wanting to lose a player like ROR in many ways it's like us trading Kesler, that type of player holds a lot of value to a team and why we pick Horvat in this past draft but landing top pairing D man like Edler who puts up points around 50pts and on a great contract won't come cheap, I don't see value as being off but I do in standing not wanting to move certain players.
Edler hasn't put up 50 points a single season. His career average is 40 points and if you remove the first two years of Edlers career he's a 45 point guy. This while playing on a top team in the West that feasted on a very weak division.

It's very doubtful he'd put up 50 points on the Avs playing on a team without a Sedin led power play. He'd probably not even reach 40 points.

Old
10-18-2013, 08:10 PM
Avs44

vCash: 3319
Quote:
I disagree on Edler this season him and Garrison have been our best this season even Torts was giving Edler rave reviews. I understand not wanting to lose a player like ROR in many ways it's like us trading Kesler, that type of player holds a lot of value to a team and why we pick Horvat in this past draft but landing top pairing D man like Edler who puts up points around 50pts and on a great contract won't come cheap, I don't see value as being off but I do understanding not wanting to move certain players.
I'd like to point out that "this season" for Alex Edler is five games.

Old
10-18-2013, 08:15 PM
BoldNewLettuce
Esquire

vCash: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hansen 36 View Post
But what if he wants to be the new Bure?
then he can go to Florida or New York

You guys can have your shot when he's an FA in 5 years...

Y U no GIVE US SCHNIEDS?!

Old
10-18-2013, 08:15 PM
Horvat2Virtanen
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Vancouver was Yakupiv's favorite team growing up.

10-18-2013, 08:16 PM
iFan
McDavid to Virtanen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freudian View Post
Edler hasn't put up 50 points a single season. His career average is 40 points and if you remove the first two years of Edlers career he's a 45 point guy. This while playing on a top team in the West that feasted on a very weak division.

It's very doubtful he'd put up 50 points on the Avs playing on a team without a Sedin led power play. He'd probably not even reach 40 points.
I did around, and your point about him not producing on the Avs because he plays on the Nucks is a load of crap go ask Raymond and Grabner how their doing away from feeding off Nucks stars, Avs have a boat load of talent for Edler to feed the puck to. No to the deal? That's fine but saying a bunch bs like Edler needs the Sedins to produce points is BS.

Closed Thread