HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game 7: Columbus at Washington | 10/19 7PM EDT

Old
10-19-2013, 10:22 PM
DJAnimosity
ghosts 'n stuff

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
Careful.... critical assessment is critically assessed... The best bet, as EspenK said.... get some new lipstick dummy...
I've been around here long enough to know the game....and that there will always be the Dark Side vs. the Sunshine & Sugar Trees Gang on HF when it comes to the CBJ. Some of us are just so jaded when it comes to this team that optimism is nearly impossible to scrounge up with starts like this year in, year out.

DJAnimosity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2013, 10:22 PM
blahblah

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJAnimosity View Post
As always, I have no clue why you thought I was talking to you.

The "one goal angle" is BS when you get nothing out of it except moral victories for HF posters.
No part of my reply would give you reason to believe that I thought, for one moment, that you were talking to me.

I only added one small section so that you wouldn't think I shared that view.

I guess English is a second language for some around here. Feel free to spin what people are saying so that you can feel superior as you beat your chest.

blahblah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2013, 10:24 PM
DJAnimosity
ghosts 'n stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblah View Post
No part of my reply would give you reason to believe that I thought, for one moment, that you were talking to me.
Other than, you know, the replying to me part?

I couldn't care less if you shared my view or not, by the way.

Old
10-19-2013, 10:24 PM
major major

Quote:
Yep.... I read that crap after three losing games now all of sudden things are different... to many here are moralists, call it as it happens when it happens...
Yes, Robert. We should all be like you and call it as it is, instead of calling it as it doesn't happen. Seriously, everyone here thinks they're calling it like it is. Please respect honest disagreement.

major major is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2013, 10:28 PM
major major

All right whats everyone's real wishlist for what we need to do to right the ship? Thats what I want to know.

Old
10-19-2013, 10:28 PM
blahblah

Quote:
Other than, you know, the replying to me part?
Oh gee. It's so odd that someone might defend others point of view?

You posted to the f'ing community. It's called a message board and people all over the world view it and respond. It's not a conversation between two people.

The context of the my reply indicated that I didn't think your position was directed at me.

I'm completely done with you.

Thanks for playing.

Old
10-19-2013, 10:29 PM
cbj21

They should have resigned Prospal

cbj21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2013, 10:30 PM
blahblah

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbj21 View Post
They should have resigned Prospal
It was pretty stupid that they didn't. It was a bit like the Manny oversight by Howson.

Let's hope that the boys recover.

Old
10-19-2013, 10:30 PM
SuperGenius
For Duty & Humanity!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Geez.... when will you understand losing is losing.... my, this is harder every season.
Quote:
Reading some of these posts, you'd think the NHL gives away a point for one-goal losses and we should somehow be thrilled about it.
If you guys can't understand the difference between a 1 goal loss and a 4-0 pasting there's no sense trying to continue this.

No loss is thrilling, kind of can't believe I have to explain that to one of our more intelligent posters, DJ. You do realize there are degrees of good or bad play, of winning and losing, right? Or since this is the internet, or HF in particular, are we unable to understand anything other than black or white?

SuperGenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2013, 10:32 PM
major major

Quote:
Originally Posted by major major View Post
All right whats everyone's real wishlist for what we need to do to right the ship? Thats what I want to know.
I'll start:

1) Sign Prospal

2) Recall Erixon. Rotate sit whoever stinks the most in the previous game, I don't care how much money they make. (cough cough, JJ, Wiz).

3) Coach the team to play hard physical hockey. That's the biggest difference between this team and last years dream team.

4) Coach the team to not cut corners. That means staying disciplined, out of the box, not offsides, and play the body not the puck on defence (cough cough Cam).

Oh and one last one...

5) Forget about this game.

Old
10-19-2013, 10:33 PM
cbj21

Quote:
It was pretty stupid that they didn't. It was a bit like the Manny oversight by Howson.

Let's hope that the boys recover.
It's getting to pretty unforgivable at this point.

cbj21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2013, 10:34 PM
Robert
Foligno family

Send a message via MSN to Robert
Quote:
Oh gee. It's so odd that someone might defend others point of view?

You posted to the f'ing community. It's called a message board and people all over the world view it and respond. It's not a conversation between two people.

The context of the my reply indicated that I didn't think your position was directed at me.

I'm completely done with you.

Thanks for playing.
That's what, 8 your done with this year? Soon you'll be posting with yourself...

Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2013, 10:34 PM
DJAnimosity
ghosts 'n stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperGenius View Post
If you guys can't understand the difference between a 1 goal loss and a 4-0 pasting there's no sense trying to continue this.

No loss is thrilling, kind of can't believe I have to explain that to one of our more intelligent posters, DJ. You do realize there are degrees of good or bad play, of winning and losing, right? Or since this is the internet, or HF in particular, are we unable to understand anything other than black or white?
My point is that results matter, whether it's the start of the season or April. I think our fanbase, of all people, knows how critical every point is after last season's heartbreak. It's totally cool losing by one goal if you come back and win the next game. Or don't go on 4 game losing streaks out of the gate. I have no problem with hard-fought one-goal losses. But it seems this team is regressing and throwing away points now. That's the perfect formula for ending up right where we were last year.

Old
10-19-2013, 10:36 PM
DJAnimosity
ghosts 'n stuff

Quote:
I'll start:

1) Sign Prospal

2) Recall Erixon. Rotate sit whoever stinks the most in the previous game, I don't care how much money they make. (cough cough, JJ, Wiz).

3) Coach the team to play hard physical hockey. That's the biggest difference between this team and last years dream team.

4) Coach the team to not cut corners. That means staying disciplined, out of the box, not offsides, and play the body not the puck on defence (cough cough Cam).

Oh and one last one...

5) Forget about this game.
Good list, but I'd add make a trade on D. Too many guys rotating in and out because of the logjam. Bring up Erixon, see what you can get for Nikitin and/or Tyutin and go from there.

Old
10-19-2013, 10:39 PM
Robert
Foligno family

Quote:

Thanks SG.... for letting all know who you think is the intelligent poster.... It just so happens some in Columbus Dispatch print think I'm intelligent too...

Old
10-19-2013, 10:39 PM
SuperGenius
For Duty & Humanity!

Quote:
Yep.... I read that crap after three losing games now all of sudden things are different... to many here are moralists, call it as it happens when it happens...
"things" aren't different. This game was different than the others, despite your desire to use it as validation over the handwringing and general stupidity shown over the last few games.

This game is worthy of concern. The other games are games you're just going to have in the course of a season. No morals here, just common sense.

Old
10-19-2013, 10:42 PM
major major

Quote:
Good list, but I'd add make a trade on D. Too many guys rotating in and out because of the logjam. Bring up Erixon, see what you can get for Nikitin and/or Tyutin and go from there.
I'd be fine with dumping Nikitin, but seriously Tyutin is perhaps our best defenceman. He has some funks, I'll give you that at most, but unless we get a top scorer for him I say no way.

Old
10-19-2013, 10:43 PM
blahblah

Quote:
This game is worthy of concern. The other games are games you're just going to have in the course of a season. No morals here, just common sense.
It's safe to say we **** the bed in the third. Worst period of hockey I've seen from us in around 35 games maybe.

Old
10-19-2013, 10:44 PM
CBJfan4evr

Reprising my post from a few games back.. Our struggles with generating goals are legendary since year 1. That aside this team is lacking in physical play and the defense is just stinking up the joint. Johnson, Wisnewski, Nikitin... They've all had their turns at it. The pairings just don't seem to be working. Goal scoring is an issue but giving BOB support up front is where we need to start. Really missing the energy Matt Calvert brings...

CBJfan4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2013, 10:46 PM
DJAnimosity
ghosts 'n stuff

Quote:
I'd be fine with dumping Nikitin, but seriously Tyutin is perhaps our best defenceman. He's a slow starter, I'll give you that at most, but unless we get a top scorer for him I say no way.
Wiz's contract is untradeable, Murray is untouchable, Savard/Prout likely have no trade value, and Johnson isn't going anywhere. The only assets left are Nikitin and Tyutin and Tyutin is likely the only one from which you'd get a warm body back in return. I still think Nikitin will be gone by Thanksgiving and Erixon will take his spot.

Old
10-19-2013, 10:48 PM
CBJWennberg10
Me when I watch CBJ

LOL yeah guys let's sign Vinny Prospal. He's the franchise changer we need.

Unreal. I liked Vinny, I liekd him alot. But let's be serious now.

Either way, we're in trouble.

CBJWennberg10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2013, 10:54 PM
Robert
Foligno family

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJfan4evr View Post
Reprising my post from a few games back.. Our struggles with generating goals are legendary since year 1. That aside this team is lacking in physical play and the defense is just stinking up the joint. Johnson, Wisnewski, Nikitin... They've all had their turns at it. The pairings just don't seem to be working. Goal scoring is an issue but giving BOB support up front is where we need to start. Really missing the energy Matt Calvert brings...
Calvert is huge but after close to 800 CBJ games, 6 or so head coaches, 3 general managers and three Presidents here's my bottom-line....

NO SPIRIT........ No spark, no CAUSE!!!!!

The Jacket team lacks what a team as Detroit or ST. Louis has.... “Self-respect”….!!!!

Old
10-19-2013, 10:57 PM
SuperGenius
For Duty & Humanity!

Quote:
My point is that results matter, whether it's the start of the season or April. I think our fanbase, of all people, knows how critical every point is after last season's heartbreak. It's totally cool losing by one goal if you come back and win the next game. Or don't go on 4 game losing streaks out of the gate. I have no problem with hard-fought one-goal losses. But it seems this team is regressing and throwing away points now. That's the perfect formula for ending up right where we were last year.
I agree with everything you're saying.

My emphasis on the one goal losses was not to make anyone 'feel good' about it or to argue with the bozos see doom at the slightest sign of adversity, rather, to point out that the team was in those games and in some cases played well enough to win. This happens to every team at some point as we all know. As we also all know, the good teams find ways to stick to their game and find a way to turn it around. What I saw tonight was a team that is getting impatient, panicky and frustrated. They're abandoning their game and they're not doing what they need to do to be successful. Like any team, if you work hard without results long enough, you start to press and get out of doing things the right way. Good teams find a way to not regress and blow up like what we saw tonight - that's why a game like tonight concerns me and a game like the Boston game does not.

We can all agree that losses in general are frustrating, particularly lost opportunities to gain even just 1 point like Thursday night. I'm just not the kind of guy who's going to line up on the cliff every time the team loses. Unless they start stringing nights like tonight together, I'm still not that concerned with the overall trajectory of this organization/team.

Old
10-19-2013, 10:57 PM
CBJWennberg10
Me when I watch CBJ

I'll go back to what I said last game. The new slogan for this team should be 'All bark and no bite'. I really think they thought they were going to be world beaters this year. Maybe its good to get the adversity out of the way early, but man they played awful.

CBJWennberg10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2013, 10:58 PM
leesmith
Still in.

Winners win... and losers lose.

leesmith is offline   Reply With Quote