HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

STH parking pass info

Old
08-22-2013, 08:29 PM
TickleMeYandle
Not so fast,

vCash: 500
STH parking pass info

Just got the e-mail:

Under the Coyotes parking plan, full season ticket holders will have an opportunity to purchase permit parking in the Coyotes premium lot located on the east side of Jobing.com Arena (Lot G) for $645 ($15 per game). Full season ticket holders may also opt to purchase permit parking in Lot J for $430 ($10 per game). Both of these permit parking options are specially priced for you as a full season ticket holder, and not available for the general public.

If you choose not to purchase the season permit parking, you may opt to purchase parking on a game-by-game basis either in advance or day of game. Lot G will be available for $20 through advanced purchase via Ticketmaster or $25 on the day of game. Lots J, K, A, B will be available for $12 through advanced purchase via Ticketmaster or $15 on the day of game. There will also be a $10 parking option in Lots X and Y. Valet and Limo parking are available for $30 each game.

TickleMeYandle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2013, 09:22 PM
Howler Scores

vCash: 50
Parking map:

http://coyotes.nhl.com/v2/ext/PDFs/H...ing%20Fees.pdf

Howler Scores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2013, 09:31 PM
Lady Macbeth
La Reine des Neiges

vCash: 444
Well I guess it was inevitable.

Lady Macbeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2013, 09:31 PM
huhwhtfkr

no word on Uof phx lot

huhwhtfkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2013, 09:32 PM
ck26
Alcoholab User

vCash: 141
Ouch. Saw this coming from a mile away, but ouch nonetheless.

ck26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2013, 09:41 PM
Howler Scores

vCash: 50
I should also add that it looks like they will charge more the day of. So it should encourage more pre buys but they will be scanning all of the passes when you enter which was hit and miss when I used the system over the last few years.

Howler Scores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2013, 01:04 AM
Jamieh

Gotta admit as someone who spends part of the winter there and has been a full sth for last 4 years this hurts. The tickets are starting to approach "not cheap" range and when you add in having to pay over $10 per game to park it will probably make me re-think full tickets next year. And before someone blasts me about Canadian ticket prices I don't buy them there so it really doesn't matter to me. What started at $3600 for 2 seats a few years ago will be around $5000 this year when parking is included.

Jamieh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2013, 01:15 AM
TheMurdocktor
102, Row K, Seat 4

Looks like I'll be making friends w/ Lots 2, 3, 4, and 5.

TheMurdocktor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2013, 01:30 AM
Tom Polakis
Eternal Optimist

I don't know the actual numbers, but start with:
5000 vehicles * 41 games * $15 ~ $3M.

Tom Polakis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2013, 01:51 AM
yotesreign

Quote:
Originally Posted by huhwhtfkr View Post
no word on Uof phx lot
Yeah and that's interesting. We had a season pass for that lot. Perhaps the Cards are going to offer parking there... I dunno. For me I never used valet and next to Lot G the cards lot worked great.

I don't mind paying for parking at games I go to, but I'll have to see if that Cards lot will be open. Of course, if lot g is $25 game day, the Cards could probably charge $15-20 on game day for their spaces.

I'd like to be in Lot g. But the $645 is about $215 more than I was hoping to pay for lot G.

yotesreign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2013, 02:31 AM
theoriginal55

how are they going to keep fans from parking in the Westgate lots? The lots have to be open for those places to do business.

theoriginal55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2013, 02:41 AM
yotesreign

Quote:
Originally Posted by theoriginal55 View Post
how are they going to keep fans from parking in the Westgate lots? The lots have to be open for those places to do business.
I dunno. Maybe those lots will charge $15 those nights too? And the shops & restaurants & movie theater will give customers vouchers or gift coupons to offset the fee? I dunno, but they could probably do something. If it's not going to be cheaper to park farther at Westgate, if it's gonna cost $15 to park by Johnny Rockets, I might want to park closer than that for $15.

Still, if people really want to park for free they'll park over by Cabela's and hoof it in, or even farther away.

Cabela's would be a bit too far for me to walk even 30 times a year (let alone the full season) to the hockey game.

yotesreign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2013, 07:04 AM
Sinurgy
Rebuilding

Oh man, this does not look good, this does not look good at all. Not only is it fairly pricey but it looks like they're not going to allow parking at UofP stadium which means the lines are going to be ****ing ridiculous. Yeah us hardcore fans likely won't be deterred but if I'm a casual fan I seriously think twice now. To the casual fan the Coyotes offered two main perks. It was very easy to go to a game and it was cheap. Now it's a giant hassle and noticeably more expensive. I think they're screwing the pooch here!

One thing to consider...I wonder if UofP is trying to extort them for use of their parking lot? It's the only explanation I can think of as to why they'd put forth such a ****** parking plan.

Last edited by Sinurgy: 08-23-2013 at 07:12 AM.
Sinurgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2013, 07:10 AM
Sinurgy
Rebuilding

Quote:
Originally Posted by theoriginal55 View Post
They already posted guards for most entrances into UofP stadium last season, now they'll simply post guards at the remaining few they used to keep open for Coyote fans. It's going to cause a traffic nightmare and that's a tough sell in and of itself much less when you tell people they're going to have to pay extra to experience the new traffic nightmare.

Edit: I'm an idiot, I read "Westgate lots" but thought UofP lots. Oh well I'll leave my original post unedited so as to endure shame and to spark conversation on the UofP situation.

Last edited by Sinurgy: 08-23-2013 at 07:16 AM.
Sinurgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2013, 10:27 AM
DirtDogMesa
STH Sec 208 Row A

Yep, This parking fee will end my run as a STH after this season, parking + gas =$30+ and then tickets, sodas and munches just got to rich for my blood . Living 60 miles from the arena caught up to me now. Looks like it's time to get cable/satellite service to watch the Yotes for next season. It was fun while it lasted.

DirtDogMesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2013, 11:32 AM
pfp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinurgy View Post
Oh man, this does not look good, this does not look good at all. Not only is it fairly pricey but it looks like they're not going to allow parking at UofP stadium which means the lines are going to be ****ing ridiculous. Yeah us hardcore fans likely won't be deterred but if I'm a casual fan I seriously think twice now. To the casual fan the Coyotes offered two main perks. It was very easy to go to a game and it was cheap. Now it's a giant hassle and noticeably more expensive. I think they're screwing the pooch here!

One thing to consider...I wonder if UofP is trying to extort them for use of their parking lot? It's the only explanation I can think of as to why they'd put forth such a ****** parking plan.
I don't like it either but lets face it - without the added revenue being generated by the parking the team would likely be gone.

pfp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2013, 11:45 AM
Whileee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Polakis View Post
I don't know the actual numbers, but start with:
5000 vehicles * 41 games * $15 ~ $3M.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pfp View Post
I don't like it either but lets face it - without the added revenue being generated by the parking the team would likely be gone.
Quick note... the Coyotes' owners only keep a maximum of $20,000 of the parking profits per regular season game, so a maximum of about $800,000 per year. They keep 25% of playoff parking revenues. The rest goes back to the City of Glendale.

The maximum revenue per game stays the same every year of the lease, so with inflation it will contribute less to the Coyotes' balance sheet each year.

Whileee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2013, 11:49 AM
pfp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whileee View Post
Quick note... the Coyotes' owners only keep a maximum of $20,000 of the parking profits per regular season game, so a maximum of about $800,000 per year. They keep 25% of playoff parking revenues. The rest goes back to the City of Glendale.

The maximum revenue per game stays the same every year of the lease, so with inflation it will contribute less to the Coyotes' balance sheet each year.
And what goes back to Glendale is (in part) how they justify the $15M/year "management fee" COG pays RSE.

pfp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2013, 12:26 PM
TheMurdocktor
102, Row K, Seat 4

I don't mind parking at Cabela's or Tanger and walking to the arena.

I'm a strapping young lad. I think I can handle it.

TheMurdocktor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2013, 12:49 PM
Whileee

Quote:
And what goes back to Glendale is (in part) how they justify the $15M/year "management fee" COG pays RSE.
Exactly. In order to get the lease approved by city council RSE pledged various revenue streams to partially offset the $15 million annual "arena management fee". Parking fees is one of those revenue streams.

Old
08-23-2013, 12:56 PM
Whileee

Quote:
Exactly. In order to get the lease approved by city council RSE pledged various revenue streams to partially offset the $15 million annual "arena management fee". Parking fees is one of those revenue streams.

Old
08-23-2013, 01:12 PM
Tom Polakis
Eternal Optimist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMurdocktor View Post
I don't mind parking at Cabela's or Tanger and walking to the arena.

I'm a strapping young lad. I think I can handle it.

I have parked for free for Cardinals games in the small lot at the northeast corner of 91st Ave. and Glendale. Those spaces may be available on hockey nights.

I used to park for free for Coyotes games near the east entrance of UofP Stadium. This went on for nearly an entire season, until a run-in with a rent-a-cop indicating I couldn't park there, despite the complete absence of signs. Shortly after that incident, they began patrolling all entrances, including the car-sized opening in the gate to the southeast of the stadium. Pretty sure nobody will be parking there this season.

Tom Polakis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2013, 01:35 PM
huhwhtfkr

rolled in fees

I'd be surprised if they didnt just roll in the parking fees on next years STH. didnt they do that previously?

huhwhtfkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2013, 02:04 PM
coyotesfan

STH get no real deal on parking. $10 for lot J and I pay for every game or I walk an extra two feet across the street and pay the same price per game in lot Y. Every season I have to sell a few. My only question in all of this is why is there no STH discount in lot Y or X?

coyotesfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2013, 02:27 PM
Whileee

Quote:
Originally Posted by coyotesfan View Post
STH get no real deal on parking. $10 for lot J and I pay for every game or I walk an extra two feet across the street and pay the same price per game in lot Y. Every season I have to sell a few. My only question in all of this is why is there no STH discount in lot Y or X?
The lease agreement specifies that the minimum parking rate will be $10 per vehicle for hockey events and $15 for non-hockey events. So they don't have the latitude to reduce the parking rates from those levels. To give a discount to STH it would mean charging them the minimum of $10 and charging higher rates to other patrons.