HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Where can Comrie really end up?

Closed Thread

Old
09-29-2003, 08:28 AM
Holly Gunning

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IGM
Stefan keeps getting better and won't really get his shot in Atl at becoming a top six scoring forward. He is fastly becomming a scoring third line D type of center there and I think that on the Oil he might become allot more.
Stefan has been top 6 in Atlanta since his rookie year, what are you talking about.

Old
09-29-2003, 08:52 AM
looooob

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGM
I am extremely curious to see where and what Comrie goes and brings. I like the Stefan/Ex trade idea. I think that it would make the Oil allot stronger than they are with a happy Comrie in the line up and even if he was already signed and playing would make that deal. (The one that sends Comrie and either of the third liners mentioned although I would preffer Chimera).

Comrie is twice as good as Savard, look at their numbers. Not saying that Savard is a load but he isn't the same quality of player that I think Comrie is. (we are all allowed our own opinions)

Stefan keeps getting better and won't really get his shot in Atl at becoming a top six scoring forward. He is fastly becomming a scoring third line D type of center there and I think that on the Oil he might become allot more. Ex is a great player who would fit the Oils system. Com and Chim would both make the Atl allot better right now and give them two great young centers that are both more than capable of getting 60 points per season (allot more in DH's case) while playing really good in thier own ends.

I like this deal for both teams, that is why it will never happen.
Twice as good?
I did just look at the numbers
Savard 376 Games played 252 Points (.67 PPG). Career best 23 goals, 65 points

Comrie 192 Games played 133 Points (.69 PPG). Career best 33 goals, 60 points.

For the record I do think Comrie IS better. he's younger and has more of a goal scorers upside, but to suggest that the numbers support that Comrie is twice the player? that's a stretch, IMO

Old
09-29-2003, 09:14 AM
Lanny MacDonald*

Quote:
Originally Posted by officeglen
Marc Savard doesn't belong in the same sentence - just look at what Savard was obtained for and what Comrie may go for.
Hilarious! Wanna take a look at their stats and say that with a straight face? Wanna listen to the pissing and moaning coming from the fans and what a terrible defensive player Comrie is, and say that with a straight face? Outside of age, the only place that Comrie has an advantage over Savard is in the goal scoring department, but Savard is better in the setup department. Oh, and of course Comrie does have an edge in the hold-out department, two-to-one.

Okay, if Savard is indeed, not worthy of being in the same sentence as Comrie (.69 versus .67 ppg aveage for the two players mind you) why are the Oilers not willing to cough up the dough to sign the diminutive superstar??? If Savard is worth $2 million a season, then Comrie is definitely worth the $3.5 to 4.5 he's asking, right? I think its time for some people here to do some soul searching and realize just where Mike Comrie's value is, and just what a potential return there is waiting out there.

Old
09-29-2003, 09:23 AM
momentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanny MacDonald
If Savard is worth $2 million a season, then Comrie is definitely worth the $3.5 to 4.5 he's asking, right?
To put it simply, no. Savard is 26 years old... Comrie is 23. They can't really be compared to as their respective positions in regards to the CBA are vastly different. Comrie has no arbitration rights... Savard does.

Besides, where's the proof that he's asking for 3.5 - 4 million anyway? Kevin Lowe was asked in a press conference if Comrie was looking for a Brad Richards-type contract... Lowe laughed and said no. Take that how you will... All of this is speculation at this point and very little evidence has been leaked to the public..

Old
09-29-2003, 09:23 AM
dem

Since when is Comrie asking for 3.5 to 4.5?
Last i heard it was 2-ish

Old
09-29-2003, 09:28 AM
btn
Gone Hollywood

Quote:
Originally Posted by HollyG
Stefan has been top 6 in Atlanta since his rookie year, what are you talking about.
Well other than Kovalchuk the Thrashers 2nd line has hardly been what I would consider NHL Top 6 quality.

Stefan's offense, or lack thereof, along with his consistent improvement on the defensive side certainly makes him a likely 3rd line C down the line.

I would rather keep Exelby, if Stefan and Safronov or Tjarnqvist can do the job. Good.

Old
09-29-2003, 09:43 AM
Mowzie
Asst. Dishwasher

am i the only guy who would like to see ramzi abid in edmonton? big winger/centre.

i posted this once before but how about ramzi abid + someone else for mike comrie and someone else.

lemiex is on his last lap and mike comrie would be invaluable for the pens.
abid is a big shane doan type player who is capable of taking faceoffs, great infront of the net and might have more finish the izzy.

Old
09-29-2003, 09:53 AM
Holly Gunning

Quote:
Originally Posted by btn
Well other than Kovalchuk the Thrashers 2nd line has hardly been what I would consider NHL Top 6 quality.
That's irrelevant, or if anything, supports the opposite point. If the 2nd line is so bad, surely Stefan would make it, right?

Quote:
Stefan's offense, or lack thereof, along with his consistent improvement on the defensive side certainly makes him a likely 3rd line C down the line.
This is a minority view. And not the view of management, importantly.

Old
09-29-2003, 09:54 AM
FacelessButcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by mowzie
am i the only guy who would like to see ramzi abid in edmonton? big winger/centre.

i posted this once before but how about ramzi abid + someone else for mike comrie and someone else.

lemiex is on his last lap and mike comrie would be invaluable for the pens.
abid is a big shane doan type player who is capable of taking faceoffs, great infront of the net and might have more finish the izzy.
Edmonton has far too many left wingers I want Koltzov this guy is a freak of nature.

http://pittsburghpenguins.com/multim...ltsovgoal3a.rm

Everyone in the forum has to watch this once!!!

Old
09-29-2003, 09:56 AM
oilers_guy_eddie

Abid was *very* impressive for a short span with Phoenix last season.

Old
09-29-2003, 10:06 AM
leaflover
New hope

vCash: 4100
[QUOTE=oilers_guy_eddie. So does it really hurt the team any to think longer-term?[/QUOTE]

Gomez isn't exactly over the hill at 23 so he would be both immediate and long term help.Wouldn't he?

Old
09-29-2003, 10:11 AM
joechip

Send a message via Yahoo to joechip
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeanValjean
I see BUF as a possibility with Tim Connelly going to EDM. Pure speculation. Seems like a potentially good fit for both squadrons.
Comrie's problem in EDM is mostly money. He wants $4 mil/year. There's no way he fits into the Sabres budget at that price. Now, if he's willing to play for what Connolly's making (1.6 mil or so), then yeah, swapping them would be a fine deal for the Sabres. Realistically, I don't see that happening.

Ta,

Old
09-29-2003, 10:22 AM
USC Trojans
I have a plan.

I'm actually hoping for a Kris Beech and Milan Kraft deal for Comrie.
Both players have been bouncing up and down from the minors but their size and upside are exactly what the Oilers need.

Old
09-29-2003, 10:25 AM
Mr Sakich

NASHVILLE !!

they haven't been an expansion team for a few years now and the pressure is starting to build. Last year, they guaranteed their fans a playoff spot or else they would refund the ticket price increase. They finished 2nd last in the conference, not even close. I could easily see them making a trade for right now by giving up some of their future.

Last year, they managed to outscore florida and carolina and nobody else. Even the flames outscored them last year. They have two defensemen that would seriously interest the oilers - hamhuis and suter. Lowe has allready tried for suter but was rebuffed at the draft.

Old
09-29-2003, 10:44 AM
Lanny MacDonald*

Quote:
Originally Posted by dem
Since when is Comrie asking for 3.5 to 4.5?
Last i heard it was 2-ish
Comrie's agent has said he wants to start at last year's numbers, which was $4.5 when all was said and done. That will mean at least 3/4 of that money guaranteed and another quarter in attainable bonuses. Lowe was a moron for giving in on Comrie's rookie salary, and now its coming home to bite him in the ass.

Old
09-29-2003, 11:05 AM
Mr Sakich

Quote:
Comrie's agent has said he wants to start at last year's numbers, which was $4.5 when all was said and done. That will mean at least 3/4 of that money guaranteed and another quarter in attainable bonuses. Lowe was a moron for giving in on Comrie's rookie salary, and now its coming home to bite him in the ass.
I agree completely. It would have been much wiser to let comrie walk as a ufa ( via the van ryn loophole) and pocket the 3.5 mill. Heck, we could have even had a top 10 draft pick the last two years.

Who needs a kid who scores 61 in his first year and was on pace for 68 in his second. Those guys grow on trees, Lanny.

Old
09-29-2003, 11:15 AM
Chayos

Quote:
Originally Posted by FacelessButcher
he's making $1.15 this year and for the Florida one I think hagman and shidvki are available on waivers so u might want to take Moreau out of the deal(ALL EDMONTON PEOPLE STOP OFFERING MOREAU) and replace with a mid-late pick or someone not currently in the line-up
I put Moreau in because we are getting forwards back and need to make room for them. Moreau would be just the kind of player Keenan would like and from an oiler standpoint i think hagman would be a great oiler

Old
09-29-2003, 11:19 AM
dem

Quote:
You honestly think Comrie is looking for more money than Ryan Smyth? Get your head out of your ass Lanny.

Old
09-29-2003, 11:21 AM
Chayos

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClashCitiRockr
You're not goin to get Krajicek out of Florida. Comrie doesn't bring the type of game either Dudley nor Keenan is lookin for. They're not goin to give a league wide top 10 prospect up for something they don't want. As I said in another post, Comrie is smaller than Weiss, and Weiss is likely to be headed to San Antonio for some seasoning. Comrie also doesn't play the defensive game Weiss does, so this deal is wouldn't happen.

Also, with Horton showin he wants to play for Keenan this year, Cullen playin a better all around game, and then guys like Nilson and Nederost who could play a third or fourth line center role, there'd be no place for Comrie on the roster.

FLA has no one on their roster right now with Comries offensive ability except maybe Kozlov and Jokinen. Comrie will get 60 points or mroe and plays a gritty game even for a little guy. I love it when you say that weiss will do everything that comrie will, yet FLA seems to be sending him to the minors so i wonder how that will work. Will Weiss be scoring 60 points on his days off from San antonio? If Weiss is so great defensivly why is he going to the minors then? You don't get sent to the minors to learn offense you get sent down to learn defence. So i think you sunk your argument right there.

Old
09-29-2003, 11:22 AM
Chayos

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonMacIsaac
NJ has no need for Comrie, he wouldn't last a week under Burns.
Yup your right on that one. Burns would be calling his biker uddies and comrie would never be seen again!

Old
09-29-2003, 11:27 AM
Chayos

Quote:
Originally Posted by looooob
Twice as good?
I did just look at the numbers
Savard 376 Games played 252 Points (.67 PPG). Career best 23 goals, 65 points

Comrie 192 Games played 133 Points (.69 PPG). Career best 33 goals, 60 points.

For the record I do think Comrie IS better. he's younger and has more of a goal scorers upside, but to suggest that the numbers support that Comrie is twice the player? that's a stretch, IMO
But when if you had seen Comrie beating the tar out of Briere last season you would definitly raise your opinion mof Comrie

Old
09-29-2003, 11:45 AM
Lanny MacDonald*

Quote:
Originally Posted by dem
You honestly think Comrie is looking for more money than Ryan Smyth? Get your head out of your ass Lanny.
Guess what Sparky, he got it last year. That's the problem with massive bonus laden contracts that are easy to attain. The raise the salary bar and make it difficult to justify your way out of it.

BTW... just so you know, and for sake of argument, Comrie has scored 111 points in the past two seasons, the very same amount as Ryan Smyth. Comrie has also lit the lamp 53 times compared to Smyth's 45. Don't think for a second that these numbers haven't been drilled into Kevin Lowe's ass by Rich Winter? Nawww, he wouldn't negotiate that way. Its not like he's done it that way in the past.

Old
09-29-2003, 11:49 AM
leaflover
New hope

vCash: 4100
Quote:
Don't think for a second that these numbers haven't been drilled into Kevin Lowe's ass by Rich Winter? Nawww, he wouldn't negotiate that way. Its not like he's done it that way in the past.

I'm not even gonna ask how you know that Lanny.

Old
09-29-2003, 11:56 AM
dem

Yea.. and Simone Gagne led the team in scoring when his contract was up which meant he got paid 9 million, just like Leclaire! Oh.. wait..

Theres obviously no talking to you Lanny.. your hate for the Oilers just blinds you from any logic.

Old
09-29-2003, 12:09 PM
Chayos

Quote:
Guess what Sparky, he got it last year. That's the problem with massive bonus laden contracts that are easy to attain. The raise the salary bar and make it difficult to justify your way out of it.

BTW... just so you know, and for sake of argument, Comrie has scored 111 points in the past two seasons, the very same amount as Ryan Smyth. Comrie has also lit the lamp 53 times compared to Smyth's 45. Don't think for a second that these numbers haven't been drilled into Kevin Lowe's ass by Rich Winter? Nawww, he wouldn't negotiate that way. Its not like he's done it that way in the past.

The problem with your logic is that Smyth had arbitration rights and Comrie doesn't so Comrie has 2 choices sign what is offered or sit and wait for a trade. The single biggest hurdle isn't money the way i see it, it is the fact that comrie isn't happy playing in EDM because of the fishbowl effect. The moeny thing could be solved through negotiation, but the happiness thing is a whole different animal. If Comrie is traded it won't be over money.

Closed Thread