HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

So, Tyler Seguin is ripping it up

Old
11-10-2013, 08:06 PM
northeastern

vCash: 500
any bruin fan would have been willing to bet segiun would do good in dallas. he just didn't fit the bruins mold for whatever reason.

I hope the kid does well. He should but up much higher numbers with dallas than he would have playing on a shutdown line with bergy and marchand.

Glad pevs is doing well with the stars too, i like him.

northeastern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2013, 08:07 PM
ed bruin

I'm happy for Seguin and I don't get why fellow B's fans are so bitter at the success Kessel and Seguin are having outside the team. Both players are great offensive talents that just didn't fit the system we have and were never going to reach their potential here

ed bruin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2013, 08:13 PM
Bi Coastal Bawse*
RIP Sam Berns

Quote:
Originally Posted by danmcn12 View Post
He played on the fourth line for no conceivable reason other then the coach not trusting him for a full year with no complaints. Yeah, a real entitled high draft pick.
Don't believe Seguin was ever on the 4th line last year.

Bi Coastal Bawse* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2013, 08:21 PM
fly4apuckguy
Mr. Old School

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rdLiner View Post
As much as I hated the typical Boston 'smear' job that was carried out on Seguin after the deal, I'm really starting to think he has a poor attitude.

His comments before and after the game really seem like an entitled ***** who thought the NHL should be a party because he's a special 2nd overall pick. I can really wonder what guys like Bergeron and Chara actually thought of him.

I don't deny that he could end up a PPG center in Dallas but I dont think it was going to work in Boston. I hope that Loui helps us win now and if Smith keeps on this pace then I'll be happy, its better than having Chris Bourque or Jay Pandalfo in the line up. Loved the skills on Seggy and in 2012 I thought he was turning that corner, dont know what changed.

But yeah, I think this trade is close to a win-win as I can remember.
I have no dog in the fight here...but I thought his comment was more a slip of the tongue than an insult. I am pretty sure he did not mean it to sound the way it did.

fly4apuckguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2013, 08:21 PM
CRSeven
Ballon d'Or 2013

I'm loving Seguin, but I was sad to see Loui go.

I was really high on Reilly Smith (still am) and it seems like he's playing very well. 11 points in 16 games is pretty good as it looks like he's only playing 12-15 minutes a game. I think he'll end up being a consistent 50-point player.

CRSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2013, 08:28 PM
Stephen

I don't think Seguin, or Kessel or Thornton ripping it up for someone ever particularly bothered Boston much. They're different.

Stephen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2013, 09:37 PM
Deen

vCash: 1172472
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
I don't think Seguin, or Kessel or Thornton ripping it up for someone ever particularly bothered Boston much. They're different.
That team really is special in the way the come together and find ways to win, while playing a full 60 minutes. They will just play hard and grind you down over the course of a game. They are my pick to win the cup this year.

Deen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2013, 09:55 PM
glovesave_35
Name

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Oddly enough if they had never traded Thornton one wonders if they would've ever had Kessel or Seguin.

glovesave_35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2013, 09:56 PM
KEEROLE Vatanen
Ready 4 Ploffs

Seguin is flourishing, but now on a team that'll have a hard time making the playoffs....wonder what he prefers.....

KEEROLE Vatanen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2013, 10:40 PM
aloonda*
fear the rooster

seguin is obvious talent

peverley? man he is some unsung talent-----very very glad to have him

aloonda* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2013, 03:39 AM
glovesave_35
Name

Quote:
Originally Posted by KEEROLE Vatanen View Post
Seguin is flourishing, but now on a team that'll have a hard time making the playoffs....wonder what he prefers.....
Well given that he is a major partier chances are he prefers whichever place has the hotter girls. Safe to say he's probably pretty happy right now.

glovesave_35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2013, 06:25 AM
bostone737

Quote:
Originally Posted by northeastern View Post
any bruin fan would have been willing to bet segiun would do good in dallas. he just didn't fit the bruins mold for whatever reason.

I hope the kid does well. He should but up much higher numbers with dallas than he would have playing on a shutdown line with bergy and marchand.

Glad pevs is doing well with the stars too, i like him.
actually, Seguin fit in pretty great, he had more points than any other bruins over the previous two seasons and one or so less goals(than Marchand). His numbers will surely improve but not necessarily because he left Boston and that 'shut down' line of boston(Marchand and bergeron are very capable offensively too). He's going to get 2 minutes more ice time a game and, he's just going to flat out improve as he ages, like most players. And once he figures out that he can't always stick handle through 2 defenders every time, he will be even better(sometimes I think that Tampa PO series was the worst thing for him).

anyway, not that Im saying the poster I quoted said or feels this way, but so many boston fans only recall last years playoffs where he got bumped down and Jagr, who was doing nothing himself, got bumped up. I always felt that move was as much or more so for Jagr than it was Seguin.

Unfortunately the salary caps exists and is a little too low for the bruins liking, so bruins got what they could(which I think is a really good return, depth, the bruins bread and butter). Pulling for him, should end up with some pretty good numbers.

bostone737 is offline   Reply With Quote