HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Your team's second line center to the Canucks

Old
10-22-2013, 12:42 PM
Number1RedWingsFan52

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by drw02 View Post
Stephen Weiss and Brendan Smith for Edler
Sorry but that package wont get you Edler, And there is no way were going to trade Weiss after just acquiring him. And I believe that Smith was part of a package that was turned down for Edler over the summer.

Number1RedWingsFan52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2013, 05:19 PM
StringerBell

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohnoeszz View Post
He's really an all around player, but yes he's a more than capable playmaker.

I would be all over that Bieksa for Plekanec move. Love Plek's game. He'd give us center roster flexibility like no other - capable of centering his own 2nd line and moving Kesler to wing or could move to wing himself (though I think Kesler's better there).

Again, I doubt Bieksa is moved or waives his NTC even though he is an obvious piece to move for VAN. He has also been playing very well this season - and I say that as not one of his biggest fans. Its over a 10 game stretch but this is the steadiest Bieksa I've seen.
This is how I feel too, except I am one of Bieksa's biggest fans haha.

StringerBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2013, 06:42 PM
LickTheEnvelope
6th Overall Blows

2nd line center hasn't been a problem...

LickTheEnvelope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2013, 07:14 PM
Shanahanigans

Not exactly a 2nd line centre, but does Mark Arcobello from the Oilers interest you? Once Gagner becomes healthy of course.

He is 5'9, undrafted, 25 years old. He's been playing in the AHL since finishing College at Yale. In the 2012-2013 season he posted 68 points in 74 GP for the OKC Barons in the AHL, and 14 points in 17 playoff games.

He has 8 points (all assists) in 9 games so far, and is 59% in the faceoff circle. He's filled in VERY well for Gagner, he's good defensively, a bit feisty, and is very smart. His value probably isn't very high, I'm guessing a mid round pick or something similar. I think he'll turn out to be a good 2nd line C in the NHL.

Shanahanigans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2013, 07:56 PM
Seatoo
Never Stop Poasting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanahanigans View Post
Not exactly a 2nd line centre, but does Mark Arcobello from the Oilers interest you? Once Gagner becomes healthy of course.

He is 5'9, undrafted, 25 years old. He's been playing in the AHL since finishing College at Yale. In the 2012-2013 season he posted 68 points in 74 GP for the OKC Barons in the AHL, and 14 points in 17 playoff games.

He has 8 points (all assists) in 9 games so far, and is 59% in the faceoff circle. He's filled in VERY well for Gagner, he's good defensively, a bit feisty, and is very smart. His value probably isn't very high, I'm guessing a mid round pick or something similar. I think he'll turn out to be a good 2nd line C in the NHL.
We are already fulfilling our quota for Tiny Tikmon skates-type players

Seatoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2013, 08:04 PM
Castle1*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanahanigans View Post

Haha. Good one. The Canucks have their own AHL team now so don't need more AHL players like this Arcobello person.

Castle1* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2013, 08:58 PM
Spearmint Rhino

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne Endeavor View Post
Nope. Horvat is not available and I do not see why Montreal would even want him. The whole reason Plekanec could be available is the logjam at centre. Of the prospects in our cupboard, Horvat, Shinkaruk and Corrado will not be traded.
On paper we have a logjam at centre

In reality we have a potential future #1C (Galchenyuk) #2aC (Plekanec) #2bC (Eller) and then #4C (White) #5C (DD) #6C (Briere)...

Glaring need for a #3 centre if we dealt Pleks IMO

Maybe Bournival could fill that spot otherwsie I don't see anyone else in the system, in the next couple of years anyways - maybe De La Rose or Vail down the road - or maybe moons line up with Jupiter and LL finds his game

Spearmint Rhino is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2013, 01:33 AM
Lord Flacko*
Down to let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrinsane View Post
Desharnais and 2nd pick in 2015 for Hansen
Desharnais has negative value and Hansen is worth more than a 2nd. Especially in 2015..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spearmint Rhino View Post
I'd do a Pleks+ for Tanev & Horvat

Maybe someone like Collberg to play with his countrymen?
Hell no
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avengers View Post
Plekanec for Ryan Kesler straight up

Plekanec for Edler and random prospect
Kesler >>> Plekanec

Edler >>> Plekanec.

Lord Flacko* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2013, 01:41 AM
Ronaldo
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Flacko View Post
Hell no

Honestly call me crazy but I'd actually look at at Pleks+Collberg for Horvat+Tanev trade, though it doesn't work salary wise. But wouldn't touch Kesler or Edler for Pleks.

Ronaldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2013, 01:52 AM
Seatoo
Never Stop Poasting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kesler2Burrows View Post
Honestly call me crazy but I'd actually look at at Pleks+Collberg for Horvat+Tanev trade, though it doesn't work salary wise. But wouldn't touch Kesler or Edler for Pleks.
So Tanev and Schneider for Pleks? Pass. Not even close.

Seatoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2013, 01:57 AM
Ronaldo
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seatoo View Post
Tanev and Schneider for Plekanec and Collberg. Collberg is an interesting prospect, I've been a fan of his since his draft year, I see him as a comparable to Shinkaruk in terms of prospect status. I'd at least look at it.

Old
10-23-2013, 02:00 AM
Virtanen2Horvat
Radim Vrbata #17

vCash: 647
I wouldn't care much for a 2C. I rather just do good in the draft this year and then give Horvat a shot at that 2C next season.

Virtanen2Horvat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2013, 02:21 AM
Noob616

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Flacko View Post
Kesler >>> Plekanec

Edler >>> Plekanec.
It's a fair bit closer than you're making it out to be. And really? You wouldn't deal Horvat and a Tanev for Plekanec? I get that Horvat has potential but his ceiling is basically a Plekanec type player.

Noob616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2013, 02:23 AM
Cleatus

Send a message via MSN to Cleatus
Even though he's our "#1" center, take Tyler Bozak for free, please.

Cleatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Ronaldo
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noob616 View Post
It's a fair bit closer than you're making it out to be.
I agree, but both deals would be lateral movement for Vancouver.

Old
Ronaldo
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleatus View Post
Take Tyler Bozak for free please.
No thank you

Old
10-23-2013, 02:29 AM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

vCash: 1379
Ryan O'Reilly remains the most underrated player on this forum.

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2013, 02:31 AM
Ronaldo
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
Ryan O'Reilly remains the most underrated player on this forum.
Sure, but that still doesn't give Vancouver any reason to move Alex Edler for him. Would you move Brent Burns(when he was a D-Man) for ROR?

Old
10-23-2013, 02:37 AM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

Quote:
Sure, but that still doesn't give Vancouver any reason to move Alex Edler for him. Would you move Brent Burns(when he was a D-Man) for ROR?
I may have when he was a defenseman. Only tentatively because we really needed the D-man at the time and had a log-jam of centers. I'm in the camp that thinks Burns is two times better as a forward, so I wouldn't now.

But if I had two other stud top-pairing LHD (Hamhuis and Garrison) and a lack of young centers, I would easily pull the trigger.

Old
10-23-2013, 02:48 AM
Ronaldo
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
I may have when he was a defenseman. Only tentatively because we really needed the D-man at the time and had a log-jam of centers. I'm in the camp that thinks Burns is two times better as a forward, so I wouldn't now.

But if I had two other stud top-pairing LHD (Hamhuis and Garrison) and a lack of young centers, I would easily pull the trigger.
We may have two very solid LHD's but without Edler Vancouver's D loses it only pure offensive threat, Edler leads the highest scoring D tandem in the league. Despite the small sample size Edler looks like an improved player in Torts system, he hasn't looked this good since his back injuries. Edler is also signed long term to a cheaper deal than ROR. Vancouver already has H.Sedin and Kesler down the middle, and your comment about lacking young centres is false we currently have Bo Horvat, Brendan Gaunce and Jordan Schroeder in the system. At the very least one of those guys will crack the roster next season.

Old
10-23-2013, 03:06 AM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

Quote:
We may have two very solid LHD's but without Edler Vancouver's D loses it only pure offensive threat, Edler leads the highest scoring D tandem in the league. Despite the small sample size Edler looks like an improved player in Torts system, he hasn't looked this good since his back injuries. Edler is also signed long term to a cheaper deal than ROR. Vancouver already has H.Sedin and Kesler down the middle, and your comment about lacking young centres is false we currently have Bo Horvat, Brendan Gaunce and Jordan Schroeder in the system. At the very least one of those guys will crack the roster next season.
I haven't really watched the Canucks much this season outside of the two Sharks games where Marleau made Edler his personal pylon on several occasions, so I'll take your word. And Edler's offensive abilities relative to the rest of your defense's offensive abilities is a good point.

But the premise of this thread is Kesler staying on Henrik's wing. Am I supposed to get excited about Jordan Schroeder or Brendan Gaunce? Schroeder will have a Kyle Wellwood type of career (top-6 or bust, so mostly jumping around from bad team to bad team as a temporary fix) and Gaunce will never have the offense to be a top-6 player on a good team. Horvat's exciting, but he's also a huge question mark.

Besides, you guys are the ones that asked about O'Reilly, it's not like Avs fans tried to push him on you. Every team in the league should be trying to acquire O'Reilly.

Old
10-23-2013, 05:02 AM
KarmaPolice
No Hope...

vCash: 0
Send a message via MSN to KarmaPolice
Sam Gagner for Schneider would've made sense for both teams. Too late now...

KarmaPolice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2013, 05:04 AM
KarmaPolice
No Hope...

vCash: 0
Send a message via MSN to KarmaPolice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Castle1 View Post
Haha. Good one. The Canucks have their own AHL team now so don't need more AHL players like this Arcobello person.
Only one Canuck has more points at this point than this 'Acobello person,' so yeah, complete trash, I guess.

KarmaPolice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2013, 05:57 AM
Spearmint Rhino

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seatoo View Post
So when someone proposes a trade for Kassian are they trading for Zach or Cody Hodgson?

If you're expecting someone to pay more for Horvat to compensate for MGs incompetence I think you'll be waiting a while

Spearmint Rhino is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2013, 06:31 AM
ohnoeszz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noob616 View Post
It's a fair bit closer than you're making it out to be. And really? You wouldn't deal Horvat and a Tanev for Plekanec? I get that Horvat has potential but his ceiling is basically a Plekanec type player.
No. No way.

I don't like assessing talented young forward prospects value like that. I like Plekanec a lot (I think that Kesler comparable is much closer than was posted) but while he may never be as good as Plekanec (personally doubt it - actually pretty similar games aside from Horvat's extra bulk), Horvat can also become a top line center. The Canucks need that potential for after the Sedins as much as they need anything.

"A Tanev" really undermines his true value. Two games straight(D corps fully healthy), he's played on the 2nd pairing with Hamhuis as a shutdown player (the two of them got the most short-handed time as well). He's literally taking minutes from high-quality Dmen and looking great doing it. I think people are still underestimating his potential - IMO there is a very good chance his career looks a lot like Hamhuis'.

Now, the Canucks have another high-quality NHL ready RHD prospect in Corrado (he's shown well in multiple NHL games - Canucks have him getting top minutes in AHL instead of 10-15 a game in NHL) that I would be willing to trade with something else for Pleks.

ohnoeszz is offline   Reply With Quote