HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Canucks lose 3-1 - Obviously Booth and Tort's fault. (Henrik)

Closed Thread

Old
10-20-2013, 07:52 PM
Lundface*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend Mayhem View Post
I still think it's Burrows. No, I won't be stupid but I do think Burr missing in action has been pretty beneficial to our opponents.
If people still can't see the horse that Henrik is for this team Id question if they know what they are watching. That takes nothing away from Burrows, but Henrik is carrying this team and has done so for a few years now. Daniel is off, Burrows is missing, kesler isn't very effective and no more elite goaltending from Schneider and the team is still competitive.

Old
YouppiKiYay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardyvan123 View Post
This is my largest concern so far but it's only 10 games, if we can past the next stretch of 10 games against

@NYI
@New Jersey
@St Louis
Washington
Detroit
Toronto
@Phoenix
@San Jose
@LA
@Aneheim
San Jose

with at least 6 or 7 points then we will still be okay, if it's less than that it could be an uphill battle all season long.
That is a brutal stretch to come...

Old
NuxFan09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Flacko View Post
When is Burrows coming back
This team doesn't just need Burrows. It needs some scoring help from outside the organization now and Shinkaruk/Horvat/Jensen/Gaunce to pan out in the future.

Whether it's October or it's April, it doesn't matter. If the Sedins aren't scoring, the team ain't winning.

Old
10-20-2013, 07:53 PM
Lemmiwinks
Canucks supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lph View Post
Hey guys, remember when Henrik was named captain and a ton of people were criticizing the team and saying it should be Kesler?

lol oh my
I'll admit that I was one of those criticizers, but I'm sure glad Henrik is our captain now. Not that I dislike Kesler; Henrik's just the bee's knees

Old
Hardyvan123
tweet@HardyintheWack

Quote:
Originally Posted by PG Canuck View Post
Take away any teams first line winger that has chemistry with the other 2/3's of that line, and it'll create a large hole, no doubt Burrows is missed. Take away the best player on any team, and it's very noticeable. Luckily we haven't experienced that yet.
This argument makes sense on the surface but our top line hasn't really been the problem this year.

That and every team will have injuries through the year, the better teams find a way, something the Canucks aren't anymore as they really lack the horses to get it done IMO.

The PP is still a huge problem and Burrows isn't the missing piece is he?

Old
CpatainCanuck

Henrik is showing little flashes of Datsyukian stickhandling these days, as well as being one of the league's premiere set up men. Good job Hank!

Old
VinnyC
Rangers fan I SWEAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmyheadhurts View Post
Booth with zero shots today. Considering we had nearly 40, that's kinda impressive.
Yeah, bad game for him. Lots of skating around, but had very little time with the puck.

Old
10-20-2013, 07:54 PM
Edonator
The Mightiest Club

Henrik and Daniel deserver to go to a contender come deadline day if we're a step or two behind San Jose/Chicago. And then come back in July after winning a cup and landing us some nice prospects/picks to take into the future.

Old
10-20-2013, 07:55 PM
me2
Seahawks 43

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by vadim sharifijanov View Post
yeezus, i hope never to watch a columbus game again. like a jacques lemaire team with a learning disability. all game holding on to guys but never actually getting the puck, four guys sitting back and watching gaborik try to take the opposition 1 on 4.

but of course, we still lose because no one cares enough to power through to the net or make space. perimeter shots ftw.
Pretty much. Ugly hockey by the CBJ, I was thinking how much it reminded me of the the Lemaire Wild. If you replaced the Wild's speed with the CBJ size it'd be the perfect comparison, the wild were a bit more passive boxy because they lacked size but yeah....

Canucks are going to need to figure out how to score on these teams soon. It is the way the league is headed defensively, even the good teams play the same style of defense.

Old
canucksfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grub View Post
Kesler looks like garbage.

We need a more dependable forward that can score.
He's been awful offensively.

Old
luongo321

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames1084 View Post
You're not hurting my feelings when you say you don't like my brother. Trust me. Inmost cases I'll defend the guy to death but in that instance it's gotta be a goal. No way around it.
Your bro's a ****ing champ. For real.

Old
Nathan MacKinnon
Believe in BLUE

God damn! I thought the game was at 6 so I went out and then when I got back just now and turned on the TV appearently it was 6 EST

Old
OgoBoHo
FIRE DESJARDINS

vCash: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardyvan123 View Post
This argument makes sense on the surface but our top line hasn't really been the problem this year.

That and every team will have injuries through the year, the better teams find a way, something the Canucks aren't anymore as they really lack the horses to get it done IMO.

The PP is still a huge problem and Burrows isn't the missing piece is he?
Don't understand what you're saying or questioning me on. I said without Hank, this team would suffer greatly, more so than almost any player on this team if they were removed from the lineup.

Old
10-20-2013, 07:56 PM
SnapIt

vCash: 833
Only watched the latter part of the third period. Sad Higgins makes me feel sad.

Old
luongo321

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edonator View Post
Henrik and Daniel deserver to go to a contender come deadline day if we're a step or two behind San Jose/Chicago. And then come back in July after winning a cup and landing us some nice prospects/picks to take into the future.
They will turn a contender into a pretender.

Old
Johnny Canucker

Quote:
You're not hurting my feelings when you say you don't like my brother. Trust me. Inmost cases I'll defend the guy to death but in that instance it's gotta be a goal. No way around it.
For the record i stated i actually like your brother as a person. Ive actually met him a couple times in gas town both times at starbucks and chatted with him. Very very genuine nice guy.

All that aside in my opinion (and what do i know) hes just ......not a great top 6 player. 3rd line guy for sure....but top 6 guys should be able to bear down, their job is to put pucks like that in. Also im not just basing this by tonights specific missed sitter.

Old
10-20-2013, 07:57 PM
mrmyheadhurts
Registered Loser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edonator View Post
When has that ever happened? Honest question because I'm having a hard time coming up with an example.

Old
10-20-2013, 07:57 PM
MTechnik
Showtime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Flacko View Post
When is Burrows coming back
Towards the end of the road trip is what I heard.

Old
10-20-2013, 07:59 PM
Johnny Canucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinnyC View Post
Yeah, bad game for him. Lots of skating around, but had very little time with the puck.
Your autocorrect accidently corrected "career" in to "game". Stupid ios7

Old
10-20-2013, 08:00 PM
luongo321

Henrique and Kezler need to kashin more.

Old
Hammer79

This team is missing Burrows badly. Higgins losing his man on the 2-1 goal was worse than not scoring there, but I'll cut him some slack.

Another game where our opponent got more PP's than us. It's starting to become a ridiculous trend, and it's frustrating because I don't know what can be done about it.

Complain to the league publicly? Be ready for fines and even worse treatment by the refs.

Complain privately? They probably already are.

Start diving again? It's a double-edged sword when the refs catch on.

Old
me2
Seahawks 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmyheadhurts View Post
When has that ever happened? Honest question because I'm having a hard time coming up with an example.
Even then, twins - never been a situation like it before.

Old
10-20-2013, 08:01 PM
Grumbler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just another pawn View Post
What a brutal weekend for Vancouver sports.
-Canucks drop back-to-back games.
-Lions get embarrassed, and now face an uphill battle in the playoffs.
-Whitecaps get eliminated from playoff contention with an awful effort yesterday.
Atleast we haven't been blown out yet. Hope I didn't speak too soon.

Old
10-20-2013, 08:02 PM
Bleach Clean

Quote:

It should have never gotten to that point. 38 shots and the Canucks are hoping for a break with 1 min left... That's not the way to judge the game. I'm more concerned about what happened during the other 37 shots.

Despite criticism, Higgins _remains_ a top6 forward to me. His season point rate, underlying numbers and shot rate are of that level. Sure, he can work on his finish, but I would be more worried if he wasn't getting the shots.

Old
10-20-2013, 08:02 PM
Johnny Canucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by canucksfan View Post
He's been awful offensively.
Kesler acts like he doesnt give a hooooooot about winning or losing, scoring or passing or anything.

He literally is a fraction of his former self.
Would absolutely love to trade him while value is still high and the book is out on his effort level and attitude.

Nota great locker room guy either.

Closed Thread