HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Crosby - Expect It

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-18-2005, 11:55 PM
  #1
Sunshine
Registered User
 
Sunshine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 497
vCash: 500
Crosby - Expect It

6-some-odd-percentage...don't expect it...yea yea...I've heard it, but I won't listen.

Bettman:
"and so the #1 selection in the 2005 NHL Entry Draft will be rewarded to the New York Rangers..."

Crosby in Ranger blue.

It's good for the NHL.

Fixed or not, it's going to happen.

Balej-Crosby-Jagr

Sunshine is offline  
Old
07-19-2005, 12:03 AM
  #2
NYR2
Registered User
 
NYR2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 1,322
vCash: 500
I'll have whatever you're smoking lol.

We don't have luck like that, it just doesn't happen. Our kind of luck is ending up with the 30th pick.

NYR2 is offline  
Old
07-19-2005, 12:06 AM
  #3
mschmidt64
Registered User
 
mschmidt64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 833
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine
6-some-odd-percentage...don't expect it...yea yea...I've heard it, but I won't listen.

Bettman:
"and so the #1 selection in the 2005 NHL Entry Draft will be rewarded to the New York Rangers..."

Crosby in Ranger blue.

It's good for the NHL.

Fixed or not, it's going to happen.

Balej-Crosby-Jagr
That line, for some reason, isn't instilling me with a sense of confidence.

I'm feeling Balej as more of a second liner, and I'd prefer to move Jagr.

mschmidt64 is offline  
Old
07-19-2005, 12:10 AM
  #4
Large_Farva*
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: B.C
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,322
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Large_Farva*
Quote:
Originally Posted by mschmidt64
That line, for some reason, isn't instilling me with a sense of confidence.

I'm feeling Balej as more of a second liner, and I'd prefer to move Jagr.
Move Jagr? Why???

Large_Farva* is offline  
Old
07-19-2005, 12:25 AM
  #5
zacn
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 254
vCash: 500
maybe because there is no good in having a player with his best days behind him on your team, espcially when that team is 1. going to be pretty bad, 2. you factor in a salary cap, and 3. that team is the new york rangers. every rangers fan should be able to recite this mantra by heart by now.

zacn is offline  
Old
07-19-2005, 12:25 AM
  #6
Barnaby
Registered User
 
Barnaby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Port Jefferson, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 4,595
vCash: 500
I'd def move Jagr in the right deal, but I certainly wouldn't dump him.

Barnaby is offline  
Old
07-19-2005, 12:28 AM
  #7
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck
 
FLYLine24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 30,333
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnaby
I'd def move Jagr in the right deal, but I certainly wouldn't dump him.
If Sather dumps him, then he will officially go down as the worst GM ever in professional sports.

FLYLine24 is offline  
Old
07-19-2005, 12:30 AM
  #8
Guy Legend
Registered User
 
Guy Legend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: St. Louis
Country: United States
Posts: 2,519
vCash: 500
If the Rangers get Crosby, people will shout conspiracy for years (as they should).

Guy Legend is offline  
Old
07-19-2005, 12:34 AM
  #9
mschmidt64
Registered User
 
mschmidt64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 833
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Large_Farva
Move Jagr? Why???

Well, at this juncture, I would assume he contains a lot of value.

But, for one, he's getting older. Two, he only dominates, "When he feels like it," and three, the Rangers haven't had the best of luck getting these overpaid superstars to produce. Maybe its something in the water.

I'd prefer to see what you could get for him. Obviously I wouldn't give him away, but you think maybe you could get a young power forward.

mschmidt64 is offline  
Old
07-19-2005, 12:47 AM
  #10
Balej20*
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 11,045
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Legend
If the Rangers get Crosby, people will shout conspiracy for years (as they should).
oh well

Balej20* is offline  
Old
07-19-2005, 01:09 AM
  #11
Barnaby
Registered User
 
Barnaby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Port Jefferson, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 4,595
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Legend
If the Rangers get Crosby, people will shout conspiracy for years (as they should).
Fine by me. Bring it on!

Barnaby is offline  
Old
07-19-2005, 02:05 AM
  #12
nyr5186
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: New Orleans
Country: Madagascar
Posts: 2,710
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR2
I'll have whatever you're smoking lol.

We don't have luck like that, it just doesn't happen. Our kind of luck is ending up with the 30th pick.
Correction. Our kind of luck is winning the lottery and then drafting a goalie with the top pick.

After the last five years, I dont think we can put anything past the Buffoon from Banffff.

nyr5186 is offline  
Old
07-19-2005, 02:13 AM
  #13
Leaf Lander
Registered User
 
Leaf Lander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: BWO Headquarters
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,216
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Leaf Lander Send a message via MSN to Leaf Lander
crosby to edmonton


expect it or worse mighty ducks lol

Leaf Lander is offline  
Old
07-19-2005, 02:14 AM
  #14
boredmale
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 24,508
vCash: 500
i think most NHL fans are waiting for the fix.

boredmale is offline  
Old
07-19-2005, 02:23 AM
  #15
Skroob*
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 3,064
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr4life5186
Correction. Our kind of luck is winning the lottery and then drafting a goalie with the top pick.
Wrong GM. the one your thinking of works just a bit east of here.

Skroob* is offline  
Old
07-19-2005, 03:17 AM
  #16
NYR2
Registered User
 
NYR2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 1,322
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr4life5186
Correction. Our kind of luck is winning the lottery and then drafting a goalie with the top pick.

After the last five years, I dont think we can put anything past the Buffoon from Banffff.
That's so sad and funny because it's true.

NYR2 is offline  
Old
07-19-2005, 06:43 AM
  #17
pld459666
Registered User
 
pld459666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Danbury, CT
Country: United States
Posts: 16,895
vCash: 500
well, when you consider the last 2 players that WANTED to be Rangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschmidt64
Well, at this juncture, I would assume he contains a lot of value.

But, for one, he's getting older. Two, he only dominates, "When he feels like it," and three, the Rangers haven't had the best of luck getting these overpaid superstars to produce. Maybe its something in the water.

I'd prefer to see what you could get for him. Obviously I wouldn't give him away, but you think maybe you could get a young power forward.
Were Bure and Jagr and then look at what each player did while here, I'd have to say that Jagr scoring 15 goals in 31 games is producing, factor into that that the team was dismantled 5-10 games after trading for Jagr and the total is more impressive.

Bure also scored 31 goals in 50 games with the Rangers. I'd say that his production was nothing short of what was expected from a sniper like him. We can't predict or fully prevent injuries so with that aside I'd have to say that both players played very well while in NY

BUT for the most part, some players and GM's have come here and not done all that well (looking at you Holik, Lindros and especially Sather). So I don't fully disagree, but I don't fully agree either.

pld459666 is offline  
Old
07-19-2005, 09:30 AM
  #18
Jackson Ranger
Registered User
 
Jackson Ranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 2,576
vCash: 500
I think the best place for Crosby to go is Phoenix. What better way to get the league going again then to have the Great One coaching the Next One?!

Plus, the Coyotes are built right now for a playoff run (I wouldn't mind seeing Crosby setting up Hull). Hopefully, you would have a lot playoff exposure for the kid in his first year as well as growing a non-hockey market.

Jackson Ranger is offline  
Old
07-19-2005, 11:49 AM
  #19
ATLANTARANGER*
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Atlanta, B&R in NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 3,649
vCash: 500
great idea! I bet that would cause the local Phoenix paper to

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackson Ranger
I think the best place for Crosby to go is Phoenix. What better way to get the league going again then to have the Great One coaching the Next One?!

Plus, the Coyotes are built right now for a playoff run (I wouldn't mind seeing Crosby setting up Hull). Hopefully, you would have a lot playoff exposure for the kid in his first year as well as growing a non-hockey market.
hire a full time beat writer instead of the college intern who does it now!

ATLANTARANGER* is offline  
Old
07-19-2005, 11:56 AM
  #20
Shadowtron
Registered User
 
Shadowtron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Earth
Posts: 5,532
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLANTARANGER
hire a full time beat writer instead of the college intern who does it now!
Yeah...a full time writer with a 13 game ticket plan. After that it's back to the intern.

Shadowtron is offline  
Old
07-19-2005, 05:13 PM
  #21
nyr5186
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: New Orleans
Country: Madagascar
Posts: 2,710
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR2
That's so sad and funny because it's true.
I can just see Sather's interview with TSN after making the pick.

"Well, I just think you can never have enough goalies..."

nyr5186 is offline  
Old
07-19-2005, 05:17 PM
  #22
Sunshine
Registered User
 
Sunshine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 497
vCash: 500
#1 pick predictions, check it out

Check out the draft boards of this site,

20 of 55 predict the Rangers to be granted the #1 overall selection.

...coincidence?....accident?...the entire NHL sees it coming.

Sunshine is offline  
Old
07-19-2005, 05:21 PM
  #23
Tawnos
A guy with a bass
 
Tawnos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Charlotte, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 12,385
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666
I'd have to say that Jagr scoring 15 goals in 31 games is producing, factor into that that the team was dismantled 5-10 games after trading for Jagr and the total is more impressive.
Yeah, people forget just how well Jagr played here at the end of last season.

Tawnos is offline  
Old
07-19-2005, 07:02 PM
  #24
pei fan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,536
vCash: 500
I wouldn't mind seeing crosby going to New York by the time he becomes a free agent but I'd rather see him start in a newer market preferably columbus.

pei fan is offline  
Old
07-19-2005, 07:14 PM
  #25
AG9NK35DT8*
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Bronx/Queens, NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 1,822
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR2
I'll have whatever you're smoking lol.

We don't have luck like that, it just doesn't happen. Our kind of luck is ending up with the 30th pick.
Aint that the truth. I couldnt have said it better myself.

AG9NK35DT8* is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:33 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.