HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Schedule for the next 2 weeks:

Closed Thread

Old
07-17-2005, 12:02 PM
FLYLine24*

vCash: 500
Schedule for the next 2 weeks:

Quote:
Saturday, July 23
Period for initiating compliance buyouts begins
Period to negotiate and sign 2003 draft picks begins
Period to extend qualifying offers begins
Period to negotiate with own club's restricted and unrestricted free agents begins

Thursday, July 28
Deadline to exercise club and player options for the 2005-06 season
Deadline to sign 2003 draft picks (if not signed, 2003 draftees will re-enter the 2005 draft)
Deadline to make required bona fide offers to 2004 draft picks

Friday, July 29
Deadline for initiating compliance buyouts

Saturday, July 30
Entry draft

Sunday, July 31
Deadline to extend qualifying offers

Monday, Aug. 1
Free-agent signing period begins
http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=2109696

Bye bye Holik in less then 2.

Old
07-17-2005, 12:26 PM
AG9NK35DT8*

where did you see anything about them (NYR ) buying Holik out I didnt see anything. When it happens I will believe until then its just a rumor going around.

Old
07-17-2005, 12:41 PM
FLYLine24*

Quote:
Originally Posted by AG9NK35DT8
where did you see anything about them (NYR ) buying Holik out I didnt see anything. When it happens I will believe until then its just a rumor going around.

Of course its only a rumor...but I just cant see Sather keeping that type of salary around.

Old
07-17-2005, 01:26 PM
otto1219

Quote:
its gonna happen no matter what i would bet my life on it

Old
07-17-2005, 03:43 PM
AG9NK35DT8*

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine4LIFE
Of course its only a rumor...but I just cant see Sather keeping that type of salary around.
That is understandable but i would rather have Holik over NYlander . But since Nylander is going no where I would like to see Holik maybe some how re-negotiate his contract and still be kept but that is very very unlikely.

there are also going to be alot of F.A's out there this is going to be an interesting season to see who NYR signs along with who everyone else signs, the draft order for every team and who gets who and also what i cant wait to see is the NYR roster at season start. Imlooking very foward to the NHL being back.

Old
07-17-2005, 04:50 PM
Potted Plant

Send a message via AIM to Potted Plant
Does anyone know what time the lottery will be held? I'd like to know when I should start checking for results.

Old
07-17-2005, 04:59 PM
FLYLine24*

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighlyRegardedRookie
Does anyone know what time the lottery will be held? I'd like to know when I should start checking for results.
I assume it will be announced at the "Official" press conference announcing the Lockout is over. No idea what time that will be. Normally though they announce the Lottery winner around noon though.

Old
07-17-2005, 06:32 PM
in the hall

Quote:
That is understandable but i would rather have Holik over NYlander . But since Nylander is going no where I would like to see Holik maybe some how re-negotiate his contract and still be kept but that is very very unlikely.

there are also going to be alot of F.A's out there this is going to be an interesting season to see who NYR signs along with who everyone else signs, the draft order for every team and who gets who and also what i cant wait to see is the NYR roster at season start. Imlooking very foward to the NHL being back.
you realize they can resign holik correct?

what he's getting is ridiculous amount which is better suited elsewhere, even if there is no replacement available.. it would be stupid to not take his salary off the books same with kasper, they are making money that our top players should make and now we don't have the luxory of having our second/third line guys making that much

Old
07-17-2005, 07:47 PM
OldBlueSeats

you cant resign a player if you buy him out.... Astalavista Holik

Old
07-17-2005, 09:13 PM
FLYLine24*

Quote:
Originally Posted by in the hall
you realize they can resign holik correct?

what he's getting is ridiculous amount which is better suited elsewhere, even if there is no replacement available.. it would be stupid to not take his salary off the books same with kasper, they are making money that our top players should make and now we don't have the luxory of having our second/third line guys making that much

As the poster said above..you "cant" resign a player you buyout.

Old
07-18-2005, 06:17 AM
Mr. Lack

Quote:
Take this for what it is worth.

I work with a guy who knows someone in the Rangers Organization. It is pretty much a done deal that the rangers will buy out Holik, Kasparitis and Nylander.

He heard this from a guy right up there at the TOP of the organization. The Rangers are Keeping Jagr to build around.

Old
07-18-2005, 09:30 AM
ATLANTARANGER*

Supposedly, if you buy a player with a contract greater

Quote:
than one year, the remaining years count against your cap. I don't see much happening on our front, especially with Holik. I don't see the Isles buying Yashin out either. Too much to buy him out and then the remaining years count. I can't see many teams doing that. Only if the rumors about the additional years are false can I see buy outs.

Old
07-18-2005, 09:38 AM
Evil Sather
YOU KILL THE JOE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Lack
Take this for what it is worth.

I work with a guy who knows someone in the Rangers Organization. It is pretty much a done deal that the rangers will buy out Holik, Kasparitis and Nylander.

He heard this from a guy right up there at the TOP of the organization. The Rangers are Keeping Jagr to build around.
Uh... it's worth nothing.

They signed Nylander going into the lockout, and now they're going to cut him? So they're going to pay him 67% of the 2 years left on his contract, and he gets to walk and go sign with someone else? Ahahaha. haha. ahahahahhaahhahahaha.

If I were Nylander, I would have just gotten like $4 million for nothing. If I were the Rangers, I'd shoot myself in the head. Not happening.

Old
07-18-2005, 11:27 AM
FLYLine24*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLANTARANGER
than one year, the remaining years count against your cap. I don't see much happening on our front, especially with Holik. I don't see the Isles buying Yashin out either. Too much to buy him out and then the remaining years count. I can't see many teams doing that. Only if the rumors about the additional years are false can I see buy outs.

I heard that also, but its not getting any wide attention so lets see if it turns out true.

Old
07-18-2005, 03:14 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Sather
Uh... it's worth nothing.

They signed Nylander going into the lockout, and now they're going to cut him? So they're going to pay him 67% of the 2 years left on his contract, and he gets to walk and go sign with someone else? Ahahaha. haha. ahahahahhaahhahahaha.

If I were Nylander, I would have just gotten like $4 million for nothing. If I were the Rangers, I'd shoot myself in the head. Not happening.
If Sather does buyout Nylander he is truly a Jackass.

Old
07-19-2005, 02:58 AM
Padawan
Former *********

Just one short question. In the schedule there is a periods for signing the 2003 and 2004 draft picks. Jarkko Immonen was drafted in the 2002 entry draft. Would Jarkko be a put to free agent signing period or somewhere else?

Old
07-19-2005, 01:39 PM
Potted Plant

The two-year signing period only applies to people drafted out of the CHL. Players drafted out of college or out of European leagues have different rules, allowing teams to keep them longer without having to sign them. I think, at least with the prior CBA, the rule on Europeans was six (!!) years.

Old
07-19-2005, 02:02 PM
Potted Plant

This article says that the draft order will be announced on Friday:

http://www.nhl.com/news/2005/07/230562.html

Old
07-19-2005, 02:44 PM
Sunshine

Draft Lottery time & date + Crosby info.

#1 Is the lottery Thursday or Friday? ...Noon?

#2 I've thought about this for quite some time now...I just cannot conjure up an image of the Rangers not landing Crosby. The odds are there for the league to point him to New York.
Screw conspiracy, they have the best odds of any team out there, its a perfect scenario for the NHL to send him to Broadway..

Popular Jerseys in the Garden come October...
#11 MESSIER...#2 LEETCH...#35 RICHTER....#9 GRAVES...a few #68 JAGR'S...and the freshly printed #87 CROSBY...

Old
07-19-2005, 03:09 PM
Shadowtron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine
...and the freshly printed #87 CROSBY...
Unless Crosby drops to the 15th pick or later...I don't think they sell other hockey team's jerseys at the Garden.

Old
07-19-2005, 03:16 PM
FLYLine24*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine
#1 Is the lottery Thursday or Friday? ...Noon?

#2 I've thought about this for quite some time now...I just cannot conjure up an image of the Rangers not landing Crosby. The odds are there for the league to point him to New York.
Screw conspiracy, they have the best odds of any team out there, its a perfect scenario for the NHL to send him to Broadway..

Popular Jerseys in the Garden come October...
#11 MESSIER...#2 LEETCH...#35 RICHTER....#9 GRAVES...a few #68 JAGR'S...and the freshly printed #87 CROSBY...

Lottery is Friday, the winner and draft order will be announced at the press conference which probably around 5:00est.

Seriously though, your setting yourself up for a huge letdown...we wont get Crosby. Just hope for a top 10 pick.

Old
07-19-2005, 03:26 PM
Skroob*

i thought the lottery was thursady the 21st? That would make sense as the results and news articles could appear in the Friday papers.

Old
07-19-2005, 03:29 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighlyRegardedRookie
The two-year signing period only applies to people drafted out of the CHL. Players drafted out of college or out of European leagues have different rules, allowing teams to keep them longer without having to sign them. I think, at least with the prior CBA, the rule on Europeans was six (!!) years.
Players drafted out of Europe under the old CBA were property of the team until 31, then they became UFA.

Old
07-19-2005, 03:36 PM
FLYLine24*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skroob
i thought the lottery was thursady the 21st? That would make sense as the results and news articles could appear in the Friday papers.
The BOG meeting was changed from Thursday to Friday.

Old
07-19-2005, 06:08 PM
NFITO
hockeyinsanity*****

not sure about the US coverage, but TSN is showing the draft lottery - Friday at 4pm est, 1pm pst.

TSN I think has the only rights for it up here in Canada... considering how much this country has missed hockey - that's going to be the highest watch show at 4pm est in Canada.

Closed Thread