HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Patrick Holland and Mike Blunden Called Up (UPD: And Nathan Beaulieu)

Old
10-21-2013, 09:21 AM
Gary320

vCash: 500
Patrick Holland and Mike Blunden Called Up (UPD: And Nathan Beaulieu)

Quote:
Canadiens Montréal ‏@CanadiensMTL
Patrick Holland et Michael Blunden ont été rappelés des Bulldogs./Canadiens recalled forwards Holland and Blunden from Hamilton.
My first thoughts.. Poor Aleksandra Wozniak

Gary320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2013, 09:23 AM
Milhouse40

And that also probably mean that Dumont isn't part of the future plans for the Habs.

Size matters here...

Milhouse40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2013, 09:27 AM
LePoche69

I likes what I saw of Holland in training camp. Pretty intelligent player. I don't think his offensive game will translate in the NHL, but I do think he can become a pretty fine defensive player.

Blunden, the team know what he brings and he's now a veteran playing very well in the AHL. He won't hurt the team, but he won't bring much.

Truth is, beside some d-men, there is very little talent in the AHL for the Habs. People overrate Habs' prospect a lot.

LePoche69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2013, 09:30 AM
JayKing
Go Habs Go

vCash: 591
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebinne4pres View Post
And that also probably mean that Dumont isn't part of the future plans for the Habs.

Size matters here...
Doesn't he have to go through waivers. He's also a C while Blunden and Holland are wingers like MaxPac and Briere.

JayKing is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2013, 09:32 AM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayKing View Post
Doesn't he have to go through waivers. He's also a C while Blunden and Holland are wingers like MaxPac and Briere.
Winner winner, chicken dinner.

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2013, 09:32 AM
gusfring

Two very average AHL players. Geez.

gusfring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2013, 09:33 AM
Lshap

We know what we'll get with Blunden. Some decent energy and physical presence, with workmanlike skills. I've seen him work his tail off in the corners and create chances, but he doesn't have the natural puck sense that our other young guys have. Acceptable 4th-line fill in.

Holland should be interesting. Haven't seen much, but he's supposed to be looking very good in Hamilton.

Lshap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2013, 09:33 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary320 View Post
My first thoughts.. Poor Aleksandra Wozniak
i don't get it...

MasterDecoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2013, 09:36 AM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterDecoy View Post
i don't get it...
Leblanc not called up. Gets no respeck.

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2013, 09:37 AM
JMMR

Send a message via MSN to JMMR Send a message via Yahoo to JMMR
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterDecoy View Post
i don't get it...

Leblancs GF.

Shouldn't have traded Kristo!

JMMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2013, 09:37 AM
Dagistitsyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by LePoche69 View Post
I likes what I saw of Holland in training camp. Pretty intelligent player. I don't think his offensive game will translate in the NHL, but I do think he can become a pretty fine defensive player.

Blunden, the team know what he brings and he's now a veteran playing very well in the AHL. He won't hurt the team, but he won't bring much.

Truth is, beside some d-men, there is very little talent in the AHL for the Habs. People overrate Habs' prospect a lot.
Agreed. Bulldogs are weak right now but give Andrighetto some time, I expect him to break out. Only 4 games into his Pro career. One of the few with high end scoring upside.

Dumont and Leblanc are done with the Habs IMO.

I'm so sick of Blunden, would have rathered them claimed Staubitz off waivers. Blunden is useless in the NHL. Atleast Staubitz is good for one thing.

Dagistitsyn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2013, 09:40 AM
LePoche69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagistitsyn View Post
Agreed. Bulldogs are weak right now but give Andrighetto some time, I expect him to break out. Only 4 games into his Pro career. One of the few with high end scoring upside.

Dumont and Leblanc are done with the Habs IMO.

I'm so sick of Blunden, would have rathered them claimed Staubitz off waivers. Blunden is useless in the NHL. Atleast Staubitz is good for one thing.
I would have prefer Tarnasky than Staubitz.

LePoche69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2013, 09:42 AM
JLP
La Sainte-Flanelle

Quote:

I sort of hoped we'd try Pateryn on the 4th line he leads the Dogs in scoring so far this season.

JLP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2013, 09:43 AM
ZARTONK
Headscratcher!

I'm ashamed to say that as a member of a site called Hockey's Future I know less than nothing about anyone in Hamilton or lower.... I don't know who these people are...lol

ZARTONK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2013, 09:43 AM
Grant McCagg

Blunden is a fourth liner on many NHL teams, glad to see him get the callup. Habs are rewarding the players who are playing well, as it should be.

I wouldn't read too much into this...only for a few games at most. Dumont wasn't called up because he had a poor camp and slow start to the AHL season...if he picks it up he'll get the call up, same with Leblanc.

To me these callups are an indication that there is no hidden agenda...the team needed a couple of wingers, and they were the most deserving.

Grant McCagg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2013, 09:45 AM
Lshap

Quote:

Habs are caught between the previous wave of great forward prospects, like the Gallys, and the next wave of good forward prospects, which includes McCarron, De la Rose, Collberg, Andrighetto, etc. This season features no game-breaking rookie except Bournival, whose only fault is the bad timing of following last year's exceptional rookie duo. We have plenty of great forward prospects, but they're either already on the team or two years away.

Lshap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2013, 09:46 AM
canadiensnation
Go Habs Go

I like these call-ups

canadiensnation is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2013, 09:53 AM
HCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebinne4pres View Post

Size matters here...
Holland may be taller than Dumont but he is far less physical. Having said that, I like the Holland call up. He certainly can't be less effective than Briere has been. I had hopes that Briere would contribute at least a little bit. So far that deal has been a bust.

HCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
WhiskeySeven
Mr. Worldwide

Leblanc's stock is quickly plummeting. I hope Holland works out - another Gauthier steal

WhiskeySeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Captain Saku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant McCagg View Post
Blunden is a fourth liner on many NHL teams, glad to see him get the callup. Habs are rewarding the players who are playing well, as it should be.

I wouldn't read too much into this...only for a few games at most. Dumont wasn't called up because he had a poor camp and slow start to the AHL season...if he picks it up he'll get the call up, same with Leblanc.

To me these callups are an indication that there is no hidden agenda...the team needed a couple of wingers, and they were the most deserving.
Leblanc is reportedly having a below average season so far with the Dogs. Unless he dramatically turns his career around he's pretty much done IMO.

Thing is you can't complain much about this pick because his draft class has been pretty poor.

Captain Saku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2013, 09:54 AM
groovejuice

Quote:

Our best offensive prospects are not yet in Hamilton.

groovejuice is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2013, 09:56 AM
Timelord
Stanley Cup polisher

My guess is Bournival and Blunden with Desharnais, Holland on the 4th line with White and Moen.

Timelord is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2013, 09:56 AM
De Montreal
help

so Danny Kristo has 4 goals 3 assists 7 points in 6 games in the AHL so far.

Havent seen much of Thomas but he reminded me of D'Agostini.

So I'll take it it will be Bournival - Desharnais - Holland on the 3rd and Blunden with Moen and White.

De Montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2013, 09:59 AM
Ice Poutine
Photoshop Nut

All the calls ups that Blunden has been subjected to in the last two years must have given him a LOT of frequent flyer miles...

Ice Poutine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2013, 10:03 AM
Rock On

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timelord View Post
My guess is Bournival and Blunden with Desharnais, Holland on the 4th line with White and Moen.
That's what I would do but I expect MT to do that :
Moen-Desharnais-Bournival
Holland-White-Blunden

Rock On is online now   Reply With Quote