HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Finley

Closed Thread

Old
07-16-2005, 08:37 PM
Transplanted Caper

vCash: 500
Finley

Hey guys, just a quick question. What is that status of Brian Finley? I know he was draafted awhile ago now and i was just wondering what the projection was on him. Obviously goalies take longer to develop so having him in the minors may be the best route, is he still expected to be your #1 someday? What time of NHLer will he be? thanks.

Old
07-17-2005, 01:04 AM
PredFred

He had a pretty nice year in Milwaukee this year, and it's the first year that I recall he hasn't been injured too much, and has had the opportunity to take most of the starts. My suspicion is if he doesn't make much or any progress this year, we will be looking for another one to take his spot. Just my opinion...but there are posters on here who are much better informed on Milwaukee than I am.

Old
07-17-2005, 09:50 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

something always has and always will(until i see otherwise) scream Dunham part 2, to me. Will be unbelievable in one game, and an absolute nightmare in the next.

See also guys like Sean Burke, Roman Turek...basically any standup goalie with some questionable mental fortitude.

Old
07-18-2005, 02:09 AM
Bubba64

Send a message via ICQ to Bubba64
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids
something always has and always will(until i see otherwise) scream Dunham part 2, to me. Will be unbelievable in one game, and an absolute nightmare in the next.

See also guys like Sean Burke, Roman Turek...basically any standup goalie with some questionable mental fortitude.

and "HeroZero" Brian Boucher too

Old
07-18-2005, 08:06 AM
crossxcheck

Send a message via AIM to crossxcheck Send a message via MSN to crossxcheck Send a message via Yahoo to crossxcheck
The dude even looks like dunham. I'd say he'll be at best an NHL backup goalie some day.

Old
07-18-2005, 10:35 AM
Pattypred

I'm not even sure he's backup material.

Old
07-18-2005, 07:49 PM
crossxcheck

Send a message via AIM to crossxcheck Send a message via MSN to crossxcheck Send a message via Yahoo to crossxcheck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattypred
I'm not even sure he's backup material.
I was feeling optimistic this morning

Old
07-18-2005, 08:14 PM
Pred303

i fully expect finley to continue to improve in Milwaukee...he had a solid,if not spectacular, season last year with virtually no relief...his numbers would have been great with about 8-10 more games off,where he struggled tended to be after long minutes played with no break...kotyk was pitiful,add rinne,a guy who maybe gets 15-20 starts next year and i think you see a new improved finley .. i think you see finley put up a .925-.930 save percentage and around a 2.00 gaa this next year in milwaukee and possibly make a run at the ahl allstar team..

way too early to just write the kid off,especially after the improvement he showed from year before last to last year...i still think he'll take mason's place backing up vokoun year after next...and then we'll see

Old
07-18-2005, 10:06 PM
Transplanted Caper

Thanks for the info guys. If the Preds get a pick in the 10-15 range would there be an appetite to draft one of the goalies available?

Old
07-18-2005, 10:47 PM
PredFred

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoLeafsGo2003
Thanks for the info guys. If the Preds get a pick in the 10-15 range would there be an appetite to draft one of the goalies available?
I'd say definately no...but I'm not the GM. We are in too desperate a need of centers at this point with no real prospects in the system

Old
07-18-2005, 10:47 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoLeafsGo2003

Maybe, if a guy like Jack Skille or Ryan O'Marra was already gone. I wouldn't mind taking a gamble on Tuukka Rask...but I'm not all that big of a fan of Carey Price. Seems like another Finley-type goalie.

Old
07-18-2005, 11:03 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

I do think Pred303 has a slight point. The traveling in the AHL is brutal, and the scheduling is pretty inconsistent as well. For all of you at that Nashville Ads game, that was his 3rd or 4th game in consecutive nights.......

I can't imagine...

07-19-2005, 12:56 PM
pred33fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch
I do think Pred303 has a slight point. The traveling in the AHL is brutal, and the scheduling is pretty inconsistent as well. For all of you at that Nashville Ads game, that was his 3rd or 4th game in consecutive nights.......

I can't imagine...
Actually, that was the 2nd game of the season. I saw 8 Admirals games this past season. Seven of those games Finley got the start. The win in Nashville is the only one I saw from Finley. Even though he's made great strides over the past year, I don't see him ever being a #1 in the NHL. IF he's lucky he may be a backup.

Closed Thread