HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

walker production

Closed Thread

Old
07-19-2005, 09:28 AM
mcarrick16

vCash: 500
walker production

when the season will return how many points walker do u think could walker earn... last year he had a huge year 67 points... do u think he could repeat it

Old
07-19-2005, 10:25 AM
Dave is a killer
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by cujorulz
when the season will return how many points walker do u think could walker earn... last year he had a huge year 67 points... do u think he could repeat it
I think he could repeat it, it all depends on his teammates as well so they can't single in on Walker, with Sullivan on the team now, that'll probably be another positive factor for Walker's point total improvement

Old
07-19-2005, 10:31 AM
crossxcheck

Send a message via AIM to crossxcheck Send a message via MSN to crossxcheck Send a message via Yahoo to crossxcheck
With his year off (beer leagues don't count) and higher profile due to the last season's totals, I'd say his point totals will be lower. Maybe in the 50-55 range. I hope I'm wrong, though.

Conversely, I could easily see Erat breaking the 60 point barrier this season.

Old
07-19-2005, 10:32 AM
SmokeyClause

Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
I think 60+ points is well within his reach. Last year was a breakout year offensively for the team, not just Walker. Our 216 goals was the first time in franchise history that we have broken the 200 mark. The Predators system has opened up since 1998 and there is no reason to believe it won't continue with the more level playing field and an increased focus on offense. Because he'll be seeing prime minutes on both ES and PP first teams in an offense whose better days are still ahead, he should produce. Walker did what he did with no set winger/center. Sometimes it was Legwand. Sometimes it was AJ. At the end of the year, he got the stability he needed in Sullivan. If that can continue and we can find a center to work with them (Legwand is a great fit stylewise but might not be there yet), Walker could put up over 70 points.

The question in my mind is not whether he can score 67 points, but rather, can he play 70+ games? If he plays, I think he'll get the numbers. But he has to stay healthy. And that is anyone's guess.

Old
07-19-2005, 10:46 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyClause
I think 60+ points is well within his reach. Last year was a breakout year offensively for the team, not just Walker. Our 216 goals was the first time in franchise history that we have broken the 200 mark. The Predators system has opened up since 1998 and there is no reason to believe it won't continue with the more level playing field and an increased focus on offense. Because he'll be seeing prime minutes on both ES and PP first teams in an offense whose better days are still ahead, he should produce. Walker did what he did with no set winger/center. Sometimes it was Legwand. Sometimes it was AJ. At the end of the year, he got the stability he needed in Sullivan. If that can continue and we can find a center to work with them (Legwand is a great fit stylewise but might not be there yet), Walker could put up over 70 points.

The question in my mind is not whether he can score 67 points, but rather, can he play 70+ games? If he plays, I think he'll get the numbers. But he has to stay healthy. And that is anyone's guess.
agreed. good post.

Closed Thread