HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

FA Signings, Trade Rumors and Proposals Thread VIII: "The makeup has to be jigged"

Closed Thread

Old
10-28-2013, 02:28 PM
Toydarian

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BowDangles View Post
Lunquivst sure is performing on a contract year! Glad I took him with my first round pick in my fantasy draft…...

But man would that be sweet if Edmonton signed him this summer.
Lunqvist would be a dream come true, although it's pure fantasy to even dream it.

Henrik appears to have adopted and relished the NYC life and EDM is the farthest thing (NHL city wise) from that type of environment.

Old
10-28-2013, 02:29 PM
MeestaDeteta

vCash: 139
Given where we are in the standings, I would consider us to be a long shot already to having any chance at a playoff spot. That being said, what moves should we make this year to help better position us for next season? I know MacT has said he's not shopping Yakupov, but I hope we look to move him for a legit top pairing Dman.

Old
10-28-2013, 02:33 PM
oilersfan11

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeestaDeteta View Post
Given where we are in the standings, I would consider us to be a long shot already to having any chance at a playoff spot. That being said, what moves should we make this year to help better position us for next season? I know MacT has said he's not shopping Yakupov, but I hope we look to move him for a legit top pairing Dman.
If only we could somehow land Ekblad without losing any pieces.

Old
10-28-2013, 02:38 PM
AlowlyOilersfan
Comrade

vCash: 177
Is Edmonton a more or less attractive team with the trio of 6 million dollar deals?

Also, does RNH get locked up IF Clarkson would have said yes?

Old
10-28-2013, 02:42 PM
MeestaDeteta

vCash: 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilersfan11 View Post
If only we could somehow land Ekblad without losing any pieces.
I'm tired of adding rookies to the mix. We need to dangle Yakupov, our 2014 1st and other picks/prospects to land a player that can make an immediate impact and make our team better. I'm tired of having our team be the learning grounds for 18 & 19 year old players.

Old
10-28-2013, 03:10 PM
Steve BachIntyre
BonegrinderNetminder

Yaks got a good 18 years ahead of him

Old
10-28-2013, 03:16 PM
Soundwave

I think the Oilers should take a look at Brian Campbell. He could be a good bridge d-man until Nurse/Klefbom are ready to move in. Not sure what it would take to get him, perhaps Florida would be OK with a salary dump + some futures.

Oilers can sign Jonas Hiller in the off-season IMO if Anaheim is not willing to deal during the season.

Hall RNH Eberle
Perron Gagner Yakupov
Joensuu Gordon blank
Gazdic Acton Pitlick
Arcobello

Campbell Smid
Ference J. Schultz
Petry Nurse
Klefbom

Hiller
Some Euro sensation back up

Sign someone with size for the 3rd line RW.

Last edited by Soundwave: 10-28-2013 at 03:27 PM.
Old
10-28-2013, 03:19 PM
FireMacT

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlowlyOilersfan View Post
Is Edmonton a more or less attractive team with the trio of 6 million dollar deals?
Doubt it matters that much. But I don't think there's any question Edmonton is far less attractive to quality UFA's because we're a terrible hockey team.

Old
10-28-2013, 03:21 PM
Petro Points

vCash: 885
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlowlyOilersfan View Post

Also, does RNH get locked up IF Clarkson would have said yes?
At this point the 6Mx3 does not factor into anything ... Once these three actually accomplish something only then players might compare themselves to these financially..
At this point Lundqvist doesnt give a **** how much Hall makes. He will want more.. Same with a guy like Clarkson... He'll take as much as he could.

RNH is the #1C of this franchise and would\should have been locked up regardless.
Clarkson probably wouldve meant no Perron... or Hemsky for scraps...
Nuge was getting locked up regardless.

Old
10-28-2013, 03:22 PM
joestevens29

vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soli View Post
If Miller wants the proximity of a Californian team and would take a below market price, that gives Anaheim the bridge to Gibson, allows Andersen to be the backup, and can trade both Hiller and Fasth for goodies.
How many teams are looking to trade for a 31 year old UFA goalie? I don't that the market is that great. That and you have no idea if Miller really is better. Keep one of them, try move the other. Pass on Miller unless he decides to come dirt cheap in the off-season.

Old
10-28-2013, 03:38 PM
Soundwave

If our 1st is in the 7-13 range ... how many would be open to moving it for Adam Larsson? Just doesn't seem to be working out for him in New Jersey.

Old
10-28-2013, 03:41 PM
Seedling
Fan level 7?

Quote:
This offseason, how many teams are looking at goaltenders?

NYR
NYI
STL --> I think they're going with Allen... maybe resign Elliot?
ANA --> I think they'll go Fasth/Andersen
BUF --> Enroth?
EDM

Those are the starting jobs that are open. There are 4 legitimate starters hitting the UFA market.

Lundqvist
Halak
Hiller
Miller

If I was Anaheim, I'd look at bringing Miller in. I don't think they'll go that way, but I think they should. Anyways, there will likely be a couple more suitors that arise over the course of the season, but as it, the market seems like it'll work itself out.
Anaheim doesn't need Miller. The Ducks board is already saying that Andersen and Fasth look like the bridge to Gibson and speculate that Hiller is trade bait.

Why sign Miller? They can use that cash somewhere else.

Old
10-28-2013, 03:49 PM
PaperDesigner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwave View Post
If our 1st is in the 7-13 range ... how many would be open to moving it for Adam Larsson? Just doesn't seem to be working out for him in New Jersey.
In a heartbeat. Even if the pick is in the top five range.

Young quality defencemen struggle. Teams that don't know this trade them a year or two before they put it all together and start helping their team win. I doubt New Jersey is one of those teams ignorant of that fact, though.

Old
10-28-2013, 03:58 PM
OilDrop37

Quote:
Isn't this the year that NJ forfeits their first round pick? Might make them more interested in a deal like that.

Old
10-28-2013, 04:13 PM
Matt19Oilers

What about Christian Ehrhoff?

I know he has like 7yrs x $4million left on that contract, but with Buffalo seemingly in sale mode, isn't it reasonable to think that he could be had? I haven't watched much of him actually playing recently, so maybe someone else can comment on if he is playing at a reasonably high level, but his numbers look pretty good on an average to below average Buufalo Sabres team. AND he's a left shot, so could play the left side and be a wicked PP quarterback.

Ehrhoff-Petry
Ference-Belov
Smid-J.Schultz

Thoughts?

Old
10-28-2013, 04:15 PM
Soli
Supervision Required

Quote:
Originally Posted by joestevens29 View Post
How many teams are looking to trade for a 31 year old UFA goalie? I don't that the market is that great. That and you have no idea if Miller really is better. Keep one of them, try move the other. Pass on Miller unless he decides to come dirt cheap in the off-season.
Us... for one.

I figure they'll keep him for the playoffs unless they're truly sold on Fasth. I'd take his rights before the draft though for a 6th.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seedling View Post
Anaheim doesn't need Miller. The Ducks board is already saying that Andersen and Fasth look like the bridge to Gibson and speculate that Hiller is trade bait.

Why sign Miller? They can use that cash somewhere else.
Why not? If he really wants to play in California and would take a sweet deal to do it, there a team that could be receptive to it. They're in a nice position to take advantage of a young goalie market, and young goalies can get them a lot in return.

Old
10-28-2013, 04:23 PM
Soundwave

I'd offer Halak and Hiller the same deal

5.5 million cap hit x 3 years

I think one of the two bites.

Old
10-28-2013, 04:28 PM
SchultzSquared

Proposed this on main board... those of you who post there saw it and like it...

To PIT- Eberle J. Schultz
To EDM- Letang B. Sutter

Hall-RNH-Yakupov
Perron-Gagner-Hemsky
Smyth-Sutter-Arcobello (can play wing)
Joensuu-Gordon-Jones
two of Eager/Mac/Gazdic/Lander/Acton

Smid-Letang
Ference-Petry
N. Schultz-Belov
Grebeshkov/Larsen

Gives us elite top pairing D... Smid would cover for him well I think... Letang can outlet all day to our Fs... rest of D is also balance... sure we hurt losing Ebs but in summer we can look to replace Hemmer with big body UFA winger that we need more anyway

Old
10-28-2013, 04:35 PM
Soli
Supervision Required

Quote:
I'd offer Halak and Hiller the same deal

5.5 million cap hit x 3 years

I think one of the two bites.
Both would bite. That's alot of coin, puts them right outside of the Top-10 in terms of goaltender cap hits. #10 is Bobrovsky at $5,625,000 and he just won a Veznia.

I don't think we should be outbidding ourselves in the market. At the moment, there really aren't alot of teams that don't have starters for 2014. I count NYR, NYI, BUF, and us. BUF is in it for McDavid, NYI will look for a genuine starter, and I think Lundqvist resigns in NYR barring no return to form for either party.

I think we could get either for $4,500,000, maybe lower.

Old
10-28-2013, 04:41 PM
OnTheBrink

vCash: 352
Quote:
Originally Posted by SchultzSquared View Post
Proposed this on main board... those of you who post there saw it and like it...

To EDM- Letang B. Sutter

Hall-RNH-Yakupov
Perron-Gagner-Hemsky
Joensuu-Gordon-Jones

Smid-Letang
Ference-Petry
N. Schultz-Belov
Grebeshkov/Larsen

Gives us elite top pairing D... Smid would cover for him well I think... Letang can outlet all day to our Fs... rest of D is also balance... sure we hurt losing Ebs but in summer we can look to replace Hemmer with big body UFA winger that we need more anyway
Rather trade Yak in package for a top pairing d -man not because I don't believe in him but Eberle's game is more NHL refined and the canadian young kids are more likely to stay together with Oilers long term IMO.

I would dangle Yak + 2014 1st + Maracinin and see if you can tempt someone to trade a true top pairing d. I would rather take chance on J. Schultz as offensive guy and try and bring in more of a TWD top pairing guy.

Old
10-28-2013, 04:46 PM
Petro Points

Dont want Letang and that contract.
If we are giving up Eberle+ J.Schultz we better be going after a Weber..

Our best trading chip is the 2014 1st... We should be able to solve some of issues with it.

Old
10-28-2013, 04:47 PM
Soundwave

Quote:
Both would bite. That's alot of coin, puts them right outside of the Top-10 in terms of goaltender cap hits. #10 is Bobrovsky at $5,625,000 and he just won a Veznia.

I don't think we should be outbidding ourselves in the market. At the moment, there really aren't alot of teams that don't have starters for 2014. I count NYR, NYI, BUF, and us. BUF is in it for McDavid, NYI will look for a genuine starter, and I think Lundqvist resigns in NYR barring no return to form for either party.

I think we could get either for $4,500,000, maybe lower.
Flames are probably looking for a goalie in the summer too. Flames and Islanders for sure I would think.

Philly possibly as well (as usual). If Lundqvist is frustrated by the Rangers maybe he jumps ship for the Islanders? They are going to be playing in Brooklyn soon right?

Old
10-28-2013, 04:57 PM
OilDrop37

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchultzSquared View Post

To EDM- Letang B. Sutter

Hall-RNH-Yakupov
Perron-Gagner-Hemsky
Joensuu-Gordon-Jones

Smid-Letang
Ference-Petry
N. Schultz-Belov
Grebeshkov/Larsen

I'd love it! Of course I have Eberle in my keeper league..haha!

Old
10-28-2013, 05:03 PM
Petro Points

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt19Oilers View Post
What about Christian Ehrhoff?

I know he has like 7yrs x $4million left on that contract, but with Buffalo seemingly in sale mode, isn't it reasonable to think that he could be had? I haven't watched much of him actually playing recently, so maybe someone else can comment on if he is playing at a reasonably high level, but his numbers look pretty good on an average to below average Buufalo Sabres team. AND he's a left shot, so could play the left side and be a wicked PP quarterback.

Ehrhoff-Petry
Ference-Belov
Smid-J.Schultz

Thoughts?
Would be a good fit IMO.. He is playing big minutes in BUF and is one of the 2 players on that club who are on the + side of +/-. (Mark Pysyk is the other)

shouldnt cost an arm or a leg or an Eberle either.

Old
10-28-2013, 05:04 PM
McArthur

i'm not sure Campbell is the answer either. oilers have the worst GA so far this year, floridas in second for 42 in I think 11 games. they are going through the same thing we are, with tim Thomas and a solid goaltending prospect

Closed Thread