HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

FA Signings, Trade Rumors and Proposals Thread VIII: "The makeup has to be jigged"

Closed Thread

Old
10-28-2013, 08:54 PM
Billybaroo*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bozwell View Post
Oilers will be over paying for a goalie at some point in time
Whatever. The trade proposal was ridiculous

Old
10-28-2013, 08:54 PM
Sloth Slothersons*
They cut my beard

Quote:
How about this

will get flames and I am not going to post it on the main--your reactions will be plenty

Sabres give up
Miller (who the oilers sign for 5 years)
Stafford
Ehroff

for
Klefbom
Oilers first in 2014, 2nd in 2015
Gagner
J Schultz
Nick Schultz to send some contract back

Of course two players coming will veto any deal-- but just for amusement
Wow this is god awful. Basically J. Schultz, Gagner, Klefbom, 1st, 2nd for Miller, Ehrhoff

Old
10-28-2013, 08:55 PM
Jimmi Jenkins
Just Walk Away

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billybaroo View Post
Im pretty sure he was talking about Moulson, though I made that (what I believe to be) reading error initially myself
Yes, but it's also implied Hemsky's cut from the same cloth, and we all understand he's a truly elite skater.

Old
10-28-2013, 08:56 PM
rockinghockey

Some of these proposals are terrible. Miller is not going to sign in EDM, if he does it is because no other team wants him. He has stated that he wants to play somewhere warm.

Stafford is pass his due date, no thank you.

I do agree that we need to improve our defense but there is not much out there to do that. Yes, Jones is having a good start but he is playing with Weber which really helps. Move him to EDM where he does not having a partner like Weber and he is not as good.

We all know that we cant go with Eberle and Yak in our top 6 but we need to wait until Yak picks it up and then make a trade. We need a bigger 2C also, if Arco was bigger he would be perfect but he is not. Unfortunately he can't score.

Old
10-28-2013, 08:57 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by sid49 View Post
Why do people on hf who have no idea but a player talk like they've watched them there whole career? Have you ever seen Hesmky play? One of his best assets is his speed.
I am not talking about Hemsky's speed. I am talking about Moulson's speed.Staple indicated before the trade that Isles could move Moulson because he is already a slow skater at 30 and they were leery about giving him $5m per, when they rely on team speed.

As for Hemsky, WHY would they isles want Hemsky when they just went out and traded for Vanek?

Grabner/Tavares/Okposo/Bailey/Nielsen have 2-5 yrs left on their contracts. All play in the top 6. Vanek will play in the top 6 and the isles will try to get him signed to an extension.. No room or interest in Hemsky.

Old
10-28-2013, 08:59 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmi Jenkins View Post
Yes, but it's also implied Hemsky's cut from the same cloth, and we all understand he's a truly elite skater.
I did not imply any such thing.

I explained why the isles moved Moulson. They have no interest in trading cheap youngsters Martin and Lee. Especially for a redundant piece, who is about to become a ufa.

Old
10-28-2013, 09:03 PM
SephF
See you next time

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post

I explained why the isles moved Moulson. They have no interest in trading cheap youngsters Martin and Lee. Especially for a redundant piece, who is about to become a ufa.
I misread what you wrote. I also agree the Islanders would have no interest in Hemsky, especially after the Vanek trade.

Old
10-28-2013, 09:03 PM
Jimmi Jenkins
Just Walk Away

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post

Yeah, high end play maker, very redundant. I don't disagree the Isles aren't eager to move those piece, but feel free to treat said player like an "also-ran" on your own board.

Old
10-28-2013, 09:07 PM
Matt19Oilers

Quote:
How about this

will get flames and I am not going to post it on the main--your reactions will be plenty

Sabres give up
Stafford
Ehroff

for
Klefbom
Gagner
J Schultz

Are you by any chance a Sabres fan? Miller would walk on us in the offseason if we even got him here in the first place, Stafford just doesn't have "it" anymore, so basically you want us to trade Gagner, J.Schultz, Klefbom, and picks for Ehrhoff? This would cripple the team now and in the future. Ehrhoff is the only piece in that trade I want, and as a mod said, he has a NTC, so we'll see if anything happens there. Surely you must have known you would get flamed for this proposal?

Old
10-28-2013, 09:19 PM
s7ark
LeonTheProfessional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmi Jenkins View Post
Yeah, high end play maker, very redundant. I don't disagree the Isles aren't eager to move those piece, but feel free to treat said player like an "also-ran" on your own board.
Agreed. CREW99AW, you've weighed in with your thoughts, your opinion on the matter is noted. If you'd like to debate Hemsky's value as a player further, the main boards would be the place for that.

Old
10-28-2013, 09:21 PM
SeriousBusiness
T.Hall da man

Quote:
How about this

Sabres give up
Stafford
Ehroff

for
Klefbom
Gagner
J Schultz

This is one of the worst proposals I've ever seen on these boards.

Old
10-28-2013, 09:28 PM
jumptheshark
the burn out

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeriousBusiness View Post
This is one of the worst proposals I've ever seen on these boards.
keep that deal in mind when the oilers trade something like Klefbom, a first and another high end talent for a goalie and nothing else

it is coming

Old
10-28-2013, 09:40 PM
OilDrop37

vCash: 1725
Quote:
keep that deal in mind when the oilers trade something like Klefbom, a first and another high end talent for a goalie and nothing else

it is coming
I don't think it is.

We may see the 1st in play for a goalie, but they aren't going to go full retard.

Old
10-28-2013, 09:48 PM
Yak City

Everyone suggesting we trade J Schultz might be making a wise move from an asset management viewpoint, but as I've pointed out before, doing so would absolutely sewer our ability to sign free agents. We've had a bad reputation for long enough, it's finally starting to turn around, let's not sewer it.

Old
10-28-2013, 09:52 PM
40oz

Quote:

it is coming
So, E4?

Old
10-28-2013, 10:05 PM
misfit

Quote:

it is coming
So why is it that Edmonton being 27th in the league makes them desperate and have to pay through the nose to get anything, but Buffalo (the league's 30th place team) isn't? We're desperate enough to give up a 1st, Schultz, Gagner +++ for a goalie and an overpriced defenseman, but Buffalo is in a position to rake us over the coals?

Wouldn't Buffalo be the team that's more desperate to make a season-saving trade by this metric?

How about Philly? Are they going to have to give up Giroux, Schenn, or Couturier if they want to make a trade to help their team because they're perceived as "desperate"?

No? So why does everyone think the Oilers will "have to overpay" in order to make any kind of trade?

Bottom line, your proposal is God awful and completely unrealistic.

Keep that deal in mind indeed.

10-28-2013, 10:10 PM
jumptheshark
the burn out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt19Oilers View Post
Are you by any chance a Sabres fan? Miller would walk on us in the offseason if we even got him here in the first place, Stafford just doesn't have "it" anymore, so basically you want us to trade Gagner, J.Schultz, Klefbom, and picks for Ehrhoff? This would cripple the team now and in the future. Ehrhoff is the only piece in that trade I want, and as a mod said, he has a NTC, so we'll see if anything happens there. Surely you must have known you would get flamed for this proposal?
well--as of late we have been banging our head against the wall in the quest for a new goalie-- So I decided to do a what if offer where MILLER signs with the oilers--the base of the trade is a pre agreed contract prior to the trade

Old
10-28-2013, 10:59 PM
shogun99

Quote:
Originally Posted by SephF View Post
I misread what you wrote. I also agree the Islanders would have no interest in Hemsky, especially after the Vanek trade.
Vanek - Tavares - Hemsky would be a pretty good line.

Old
10-28-2013, 11:06 PM
Hockey Buddha
Darnell Nurse

Numerous suggestions out there that the Oilers are in discussions with the Jets for a deal that centres around Yakupov for Bogosian. I imagine it would also involve a defenseman going the Jets way and a forward with some size and defensive ability coming back. Yakupov seems like one of the few young guns who isn't prone to injury on the Oilers, and he's going to come back to haunt us, we know that, but Bogosian is exactly the player that the Oilers need at this point. So, as much as I'd absolutely hate like Hell to lose a player like Yakupov, I think that a trade around those moving pieces, makes some sense, knowing that Yakupov is going to become an absolutely dominant NHL forward within a year or two.

If Myers could be acquired for much less, I'd do that in a heart beat, however. I know that isn't a popular sentiment though.

Old
10-28-2013, 11:12 PM
misfit

Care to point us towards these "suggestions" that are apparently all over the place?

Even without a link, I still don't buy it. Sure, it's possible, but to me it sounds a whole lot like people seeing two struggling teams and making connections of their own rather than any sort of actual discussions being reported.

For the record, Bogosian is one of the few names that I could tolerate being thrown around as a return for Yakupov, but I honestly don't see either team being too interested in moving those two players.

Old
10-28-2013, 11:19 PM
SeriousBusiness
T.Hall da man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey Buddha View Post
Numerous suggestions out there that the Oilers are in discussions with the Jets for a deal that centres around Yakupov for Bogosian. I imagine it would also involve a defenseman going the Jets way and a forward with some size and defensive ability coming back. Yakupov seems like one of the few young guns who isn't prone to injury on the Oilers, and he's going to come back to haunt us, we know that, but Bogosian is exactly the player that the Oilers need at this point. So, as much as I'd absolutely hate like Hell to lose a player like Yakupov, I think that a trade around those moving pieces, makes some sense, knowing that Yakupov is going to become an absolutely dominant NHL forward within a year or two.

If Myers could be acquired for much less, I'd do that in a heart beat, however. I know that isn't a popular sentiment though.
Bogosian is overrated. From what I've seen of him the last couple seasons, he really isn't great. A lot of Jets fans say the same thing.

I'm not worried about MacT making a deal like this.

Old
10-28-2013, 11:36 PM
Paralyzer008

Would Buffalo have any interest in what we have in exchange for Steve Ott?

Old
10-28-2013, 11:36 PM
Steve BachIntyre
BonegrinderNetminder

Bogosian is exactly what the Oilers need. He is young, mobile, tough, plays with heart and sticks up for his team mates. He can clear the crease and has some offensive upside. That being said he is not the #1 defenseman we are looking for however he does imo have that potential. He is also great around the community, and I'm sure would hate getting traded away from Winnipeg. I think Yak is a definite over payment for him, though that's what it would likely take to acquire him. I would do something like Kane Bogo,and 2nd for Yak, J.Schultz and Hemsky+. I don't think UFAs would care how J.Schultz was traded after signing here if they saw the team with RNH Hall Ebs Perron Kane Gagner as the top 6, and an upgraded D.

Last edited by Steve BachIntyre: 10-28-2013 at 11:41 PM.
Old
10-28-2013, 11:39 PM
Lay Z Boy GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve BachIntyre View Post
Bogosian is exactly what the Oilers need. He is young, mobile, tough, plays with heart and sticks up for his team mates. He can clear the crease and has some offensive upside. That being said he is not the #1 defenseman we are looking for however he does imo have that potential. He is also great around the community, and I'm sure would hate getting traded away from Winnipeg. I think Yak is a definite over payment for him, though that's what it would likely take to acquire him. I would do something like Kane Bogo,and 2nd for Yak, J.Schultz and Hemsky.
Hey if he's happy playing in Winnipeg he should enjoy Edmonton just fine. Yakupov is a big price to pay for him though. But I like the Jets since I'm from Winnipeg originally, I could still cheer for Yak.

Old
10-28-2013, 11:41 PM
cpsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve BachIntyre View Post
Bogosian is exactly what the Oilers need. He is young, mobile, tough, plays with heart and sticks up for his team mates. He can clear the crease and has some offensive upside. That being said he is not the #1 defenseman we are looking for however he does imo have that potential. He is also great around the community, and I'm sure would hate getting traded away from Winnipeg. I think Yak is a definite over payment for him, though that's what it would likely take to acquire him. I would do something like Kane Bogo,and 2nd for Yak, J.Schultz and Hemsky+. I don't think UFAs would care how J.Schultz was traded after signing here once they saw the team with RNH Hall Ebs Perron Kane Gagner as the top 6, and an upgraded D.
I don't see why Winnipeg would be even close to interested in something like that.

Hemsky's contract is done this year
J Schultz < Bogosian
Yak may have higher potential than Kane, but Kane has already established himself as a solid big scoring winger, which aren't easy to come by.

Closed Thread