HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

FA Signings, Trade Rumors and Proposals Thread VIII: "The makeup has to be jigged"

Closed Thread

Old
10-30-2013, 05:20 PM
Mr Forever
The Oilers :(

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by misfit View Post
How is that any worse than your argument?

OK, here goes:

Crosby

lots of guys

Tavares

nobody

Hall

Better?
Can I just say nope, will that be valid, orrrrrrrrr

Old
10-30-2013, 05:31 PM
s7ark
McDavid!!!!!!!!!!!

Let's try to steer this thread back on topic please. There are a lot of other thread to crap all over the players or management, or whoever else poster want to blame right now.

Old
10-30-2013, 06:12 PM
Paralyzer008

I should mention, there is only one way I'm dealing Yakupov...

if it's for Doughty.

Otherwise, you just simply DONT deal a 20 year old guy off this early. It always comes back to haunt.

Old
10-30-2013, 06:21 PM
dyzfunctioned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwave View Post
Based on the fact that he's an elite level finisher who's made the Islanders a playoff team despite having less talent around him than Hall does.
But nothing he did in his first three years was any more than what Hall did.

But that, and a deleted post, aside... It's way too early to give up on Yakupov and we shouldn't even think about trading him unless it got us an elite player, which teams just don't part with.

Eberle, on the other hand, I'm happy to keep him around unless something good came along but I think the time to shop him around was 2 seasons ago...

Old
10-30-2013, 06:40 PM
trent_vinyl

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paralyzer008 View Post
I should mention, there is only one way I'm dealing Yakupov...

if it's for Doughty.

Otherwise, you just simply DONT deal a 20 year old guy off this early. It always comes back to haunt.
Pavel Brendl?

Lots of other examples of guys picked in the top 5 that were traded in their first season or two that never really amounted to much. Not saying this is the case with Yak, but if there's a good offer out there, and no you're not getting Doughty for Yak at this point, you look long and hard.

Old
10-30-2013, 06:46 PM
Paralyzer008

Darren Dreger is reporting via NHL Live that 1) Katz is willing to just breath and let it happen 2) MacT is working the phones for defensive players, specifically D-men, still would like to upgrade in goal 3) Teams are asking for Oscar Klefbom but MacT not parting with him.

(as for the above comment, Brendl didn't have Yak's statistical pedigree, Yak already has led the Oilers in goals for a half year, and he's a first overall pick, different than Brendl again)

I'm saying you shouldn't look long and hard, you should just sit and wait on Yak, laugh at the calls you get unless someone gives you a young No.1 D-man.

Old
10-30-2013, 06:49 PM
s7ark
McDavid!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by trent_vinyl View Post
Pavel Brendl?

Lots of other examples of guys picked in the top 5 that were traded in their first season or two that never really amounted to much. Not saying this is the case with Yak, but if there's a good offer out there, and no you're not getting Doughty for Yak at this point, you look long and hard.
How about 1st overall forwards?

Old
10-30-2013, 06:51 PM
McJadeddog

Quote:
Darren Dreger is reporting via NHL Live that 1) Katz is willing to just breath and let it happen 2) MacT is working the phones for defensive players, specifically D-men, still would like to upgrade in goal 3) Teams are asking for Oscar Klefbom but MacT not parting with him.

(as for the above comment, Brendl didn't have Yak's statistical pedigree, Yak already has led the Oilers in goals for a half year, and he's a first overall pick, different than Brendl again)

I'm saying you shouldn't look long and hard, you should just sit and wait on Yak, laugh at the calls you get unless someone gives you a young No.1 D-man.
i don't know what that means

Old
10-30-2013, 06:51 PM
Senor Catface

vCash: 1637
Quote:

Well, yeah. It's only been 4 years of being dead last in the league. Why rush.

Old
10-30-2013, 06:52 PM
Rawg
CEM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senor Catface View Post
We have not been dead last in the league for 4 years

Old
10-30-2013, 06:52 PM
McJadeddog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senor Catface View Post
haha, you bolded the same part and posted your reply at the exact same time... when i posed my reply it confused me so much that i actually thought for a second my avatar somehow changed into a cat-person, lol

Old
10-30-2013, 06:55 PM
Senor Catface

vCash: 1637
Quote:
Originally Posted by jadeddog View Post
haha, you bolded the same part and posted your reply at the exact same time... when i posed my reply it confused me so much that i actually thought for a second my avatar somehow changed into a cat-person, lol
Ha, that's funny.

Old
10-30-2013, 07:15 PM
McShogun99

The only 1st overall forwards that were busts are Stefan in 99, Daigle in 93 and Lawton in 1983. That's 3 forwards in the last 30 years out of 23 forwards picked 1st overall. There's a higher chance of Yakupov being a consistent 30 goal scorer over being a bust.

Old
10-30-2013, 07:23 PM
joestevens29

vCash: 2627
Quote:
Originally Posted by jadeddog View Post
i don't know what that means
Sounds like a con that just gave in to his bigger cellmate.

Old
10-30-2013, 07:27 PM
SterlingArcher

I wouldn't trade yak. still hasn't played a full 82 games we gave a lot of time to Hall, Eberle, Nuge for being good offensively and being okay with their so so to non existent defence that we would hope they would develop or will develop a two way game. So wait and develop our guys. We need them to buy in to playing defence and playing it well and hard.

Old
10-30-2013, 08:04 PM
Arpeggio

Yakupov will come around offensively, he should've had one last night. He's starting to get chances again. The question is how many seasons will it take for his defensive game to develop.

The fact is Yakupov shouldn't be playing with RNH and Eberle, he should be playing with two decent veterans, and he would be on any other team. On a team full of young offensive players and very little in the way of established veterans, it's no wonder the young guys are struggling to learn the two-way game.

Old
10-30-2013, 08:33 PM
Hemsky4PM

Not willing to trade Klefbom? That's why the rebuild is taking a decade. We cannot improve with all 19 to 23 year olds in the key positions. I wonder what Justin Schultz would bring in return? One of Philly's big forwards would help.

Old
10-30-2013, 08:35 PM
Nic

Quote:

If Katz ran his other businesses like he runs the Oilers he wouldn't have any money.

Old
10-30-2013, 08:40 PM
Moose Coleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwave View Post
Based on the fact that he's an elite level finisher who's made the Islanders a playoff team despite having less talent around him than Hall does.
Tavers goals/game: 0.38
Hall: 0.33

Points per game:
Tavres: 0.86
Hall: 0.85

GP:
Tavares: 303
Hall: 180

+/- (yeah I know, but...)
Tavares: -41
Hall -13

Hall: 21

Oh yeah, poles apart.

Old
10-30-2013, 08:44 PM
CanadianSuperPromise

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemsky4PM View Post
Not willing to trade Klefbom? That's why the rebuild is taking a decade. We cannot improve with all 19 to 23 year olds in the key positions. I wonder what Justin Schultz would bring in return? One of Philly's big forwards would help.
So....We should trade one of our only 2 blue chip D prospects, for a immediate temporary bandage. You realize how bad your logic is right? We currently only have one true young guy on our D corps, so I don't understand how the key positions thing applies to our defense.

Old
10-30-2013, 08:46 PM
CanadianSuperPromise

vCash: 50
Quote:

It's Darren Dreger, don't believe his lies!

Old
10-30-2013, 08:52 PM
Mr Forever
The Oilers :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose Coleman View Post
Tavers goals/game: 0.38
Hall: 0.33

Points per game:
Tavres: 0.86
Hall: 0.85

GP:
Tavares: 303
Hall: 180

+/- (yeah I know, but...)
Tavares: -41
Hall -13

Hall: 21

Oh yeah, poles apart.
Why even bother watching hockey when you can just look at stats!

*sneezes on keyboard*

Old
10-30-2013, 08:55 PM
McGlassbangers
#SignLéveillé

vCash: 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Forever View Post
Tavares willed the islanders to the playoffs last year. Let's see how Moulson does without him. He saved Brad Boyes' career FFS. Hall is very far behind him as a player and as a leader.
Lol again this argument. Even Islanders fans said that Tavares didn't make them to the playoffs, their bottom-6 and Nabokov did.

But on topic - the only guys I wouldn't trade in under any circumstances are Hall, Nuge, Petry, Klefbom and Nurse. If we traded for bonafide #1 Petry would make a rock solid #2.

Imagine our top-4 in 3 years:

Our savior - Petry
Nurse - Klefbom, damn.

Last edited by McGlassbangers: 10-30-2013 at 09:00 PM.
Old
10-30-2013, 09:03 PM
Gobo
Stop looking Gare

Even just a line changeup is needed. Something like this could work.

Perron - Nuge - Hemsky (Veteran protection, capable of going power on power)
Hall - Gordon - Eberle (Gordon can keep on O, and carry on D)
Joenssu - Gagner - Yakupov (They're gonna need reaaaaal soft minutes, but looks great on paper)

That way all the kids have protection around them.

Old
10-30-2013, 09:05 PM
Soli
Supervision Required

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeRadicals View Post
It's Darren Dreger, don't believe his lies!
Someone who can photoshop has to put Dreger's face on this.

I'll even give you the Dreger picture to put on there

Closed Thread