HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

John Scott suspension [7 games; won't appeal]

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-23-2013, 11:00 PM
  #51
SabresFan26
Registered User
 
SabresFan26's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Country: United States
Posts: 5,610
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame View Post
you said it
I take it you agree

SabresFan26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2013, 11:00 PM
  #52
Rhett4
Buffalo Selects Jack
 
Rhett4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Amerks #ROC
Country: United States
Posts: 12,883
vCash: 500
A bad team and a guy no one likes. Look for Shanny to go hog wild with this one. Suspending Sabres helps make him look tough, so he can go back to handing out five games to guys who make players get stretchered off the ice.

Rhett4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2013, 11:01 PM
  #53
Woodhouse
Mod Supervisor
HFBoards
 
Woodhouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 12,254
vCash: 50
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 5m
BUF's John Scott has an in-person hearing with NHL for hit to the head on BOS's Loui Eriksson though date and time has yet to be set.

Woodhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2013, 11:02 PM
  #54
xNick
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 27
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by slip View Post
That's like 15 agendas in 16 words.
Haha I know. I'm just sick of losing. Plus as you can probably tell, I really don't like having scott on the team.

xNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2013, 11:02 PM
  #55
Jacob582
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 4,651
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhett4 View Post
A bad team and a guy no one likes. Look for Shanny to go hog wild with this one. Suspending Sabres helps make him look tough, so he can go back to handing out five games to guys who make players get stretchered off the ice.
Plus Jeremy Jacobs gets his way.

Jacob582 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2013, 11:03 PM
  #56
slip
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 11,056
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodhouse View Post
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 5m
BUF's John Scott has an in-person hearing with NHL for hit to the head on BOS's Loui Eriksson though date and time has yet to be set.
What about tomorrow? Like seriously, what does Shanny do anyways that's so time consuming?

slip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2013, 11:03 PM
  #57
Moskau
Registered User
 
Moskau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Western New York
Posts: 15,836
vCash: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodhouse View Post
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 5m
BUF's John Scott has an in-person hearing with NHL for hit to the head on BOS's Loui Eriksson though date and time has yet to be set.
I'm sure they'll take their time like they did with Kaleta.

Moskau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2013, 11:04 PM
  #58
Jame
Dream '16
 
Jame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Florida
Country: Pitcairn Islands
Posts: 41,015
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPurp26 View Post
I take it you agree
i do...

Jame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2013, 11:04 PM
  #59
Jacob582
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 4,651
vCash: 500
Joe Haggerty ‏@HackswithHaggs 1h
Claude Julien on John Scott: "He did his job. He's there to do 2 things: to fight and to hurt. He did both of those things



He's done very little of either of those 2 things this season.

Jacob582 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2013, 11:06 PM
  #60
wunderpanda
cooly cough
 
wunderpanda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 4,108
vCash: 500
Joe Haggerty
‏@HackswithHaggs
Per a source, Loui Eriksson is staying behind in Buffalo tonight for observation as the Bruins fly home for a game tomorrow #BruinsTalk

not good

wunderpanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2013, 11:14 PM
  #61
vcv
Deal with it
 
vcv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Williamsville, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 15,168
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to vcv
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacob582 View Post
Joe Haggerty ‏@HackswithHaggs 1h
Claude Julien on John Scott: "He did his job. He's there to do 2 things: to fight and to hurt. He did both of those things



He's done very little of either of those 2 things this season.
If he's out there to hurt then why is this the first time he's injured someone as a sabre, outside of a fight? What an ignorant statement by another knee jerk media member.

vcv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2013, 11:15 PM
  #62
misterchainsaw
Garbo is coming
 
misterchainsaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 23,012
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to misterchainsaw
Quote:
Originally Posted by vcv View Post
If he's out there to hurt then why is this the first time he's injured someone as a sabre, outside of a fight? What an ignorant statement by another knee jerk media member.
That was actually from Julien...who's merely a hypocritical jackass of a coach...so meh...

misterchainsaw is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2013, 11:17 PM
  #63
vcv
Deal with it
 
vcv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Williamsville, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 15,168
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to vcv
Quote:
Originally Posted by jflory81 View Post
That was actually from Julien...who's merely a hypocritical jackass of a coach...so meh...
Oops. No surprise there then

vcv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2013, 11:25 PM
  #64
SundherDome
Get to the Draft!
 
SundherDome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Minneapolis,MN
Country: United States
Posts: 2,081
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wunderpanda View Post
Even if its only a 10 game suspension, we should waive Scott on our own, just get rid of him. It was dirty, pathetic and cowardly.
So we should waive everyone who hits? If I remember correctly you waited to waive Kaleta too. The hit wasn't dirty or pathetic and definitely NOT cowardly, he answered the bell and one.

SundherDome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2013, 11:33 PM
  #65
SundherDome
Get to the Draft!
 
SundherDome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Minneapolis,MN
Country: United States
Posts: 2,081
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by slip View Post
What about tomorrow? Like seriously, what does Shanny do anyways that's so time consuming?
You have hair and makeup..then a multi day vocal test so he sounds like an authority. Then another day or two to Photoshop and watch slow motion video of the same 6 sec clip from 360 different angles and then twist words to make Scott look like the super devil, marmalade jar and all.

SundherDome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2013, 11:33 PM
  #66
Brewin8
Registered User
 
Brewin8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: British Columbia
Country: Canada
Posts: 428
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moskau View Post
This is what will happen and it's hilarious.

Scott has no history. Three other hits to the head were thrown last week that resulted in 5 game suspensions. But because he was warned which isn't official Shannahan will somehow find a way to give him more games than were handed out last week.
Scott may have no history, but I believe that these 3-5 game suspensions aren't slowing down the head-shots, so I'd bet it's a good opportunity for Shanahan to take to the next level of 8-10 games and at some point players will change their ways..

Brewin8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2013, 11:41 PM
  #67
DJN21
Registered User
 
DJN21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Rochester
Posts: 3,218
vCash: 500
luckily I've seen pics of scott not raising his elbow in a questionable/late hit...just like kaleta's hit....sooooo I expect 10 games lol but hey if you are ANYONE on ANY TEAM you deserve less...pftt, they'll suspend him exactly 11 so hes not there to answer to Orr and McClaren...

DJN21 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2013, 11:44 PM
  #68
DJN21
Registered User
 
DJN21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Rochester
Posts: 3,218
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewin8 View Post
Scott may have no history, but I believe that these 3-5 game suspensions aren't slowing down the head-shots, so I'd bet it's a good opportunity for Shanahan to take to the next level of 8-10 games and at some point players will change their ways..
it wasn't a head shot though...shoulder to shoulder and Loui's head whiplashes towards Scott...there was no mythical elbow...just neuter the game and remove hitting if this is your stance...

DJN21 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2013, 11:56 PM
  #69
GrumpyMilton
Formerly GrumpyJ
 
GrumpyMilton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: The Queen City
Country: United States
Posts: 6,947
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vcv View Post
Probably closer to 10 games.

I think it's a bit ridiculous. The hit was slightly late, but not really. Hits are that "late" all the time. It was not a blind-side hit, which are much much worse.

The head was hit because of 2 factors:
(1) Height difference, including the fact that Loui was leaning down after the pass
(2) The angle of Loui's body after dumping the puck.


I have no problem with them calling a penalty on it, but I think the hit is being COMPLETELY blown out of proportion because of who it is (a goon).
Both perfectly good reasons to choose not to make the hit.

For the record, I am a Bruins fan, but I try to be level headed about this stuff. I'm not going to demonize Scott because of this; there isn't really much I've seen to suggest he's a dirty player, but he made a dumb decision which resulted in at least a moderately significant injury. It's a hit he should not have made and I completely disagree with people saying it's "not blindside." He comes from an angle in which the player has no ability to defend himself....BLINDSIDE.

GrumpyMilton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2013, 11:58 PM
  #70
GrumpyMilton
Formerly GrumpyJ
 
GrumpyMilton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: The Queen City
Country: United States
Posts: 6,947
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJN21 View Post
it wasn't a head shot though...shoulder to shoulder and Loui's head whiplashes towards Scott...there was no mythical elbow...just neuter the game and remove hitting if this is your stance...
There was not an elbow. Anyone suggesting there was is a Bruins homer.

That being said, if you are actually telling me Scott didn't contact Eriksson's head from the side...you're not any less a homer.

People need to put their subjectivity aside and actually just watch the video if they want the right to criticize everything Shanahan does and what not. It just shocks me what some are willing and able to see just based on which team they are loyal to.

GrumpyMilton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2013, 12:02 AM
  #71
sabresEH
Registered User
 
sabresEH's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Kelowna, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,476
vCash: 500
My problem with the hit is that he goes east to west. North to south he hits him clean with incidental contact. But coming in from the angle he does he hits more head and appears more vicious.

sabresEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2013, 12:03 AM
  #72
slip
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 11,056
vCash: 500
Is it me, or is that Marchand spearing Scott in the balls right before the hit?

It's right at the start of the video.

Needless to say, it seemed to fire him up.

Reap what you sow?

slip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2013, 12:05 AM
  #73
DJN21
Registered User
 
DJN21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Rochester
Posts: 3,218
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmiller010 View Post
There was not an elbow. Anyone suggesting there was is a Bruins homer.

That being said, if you are actually telling me Scott didn't contact Eriksson's head from the side...you're not any less a homer.

People need to put their subjectivity aside and actually just watch the video if they want the right to criticize everything Shanahan does and what not. It just shocks me what some are willing and able to see just based on which team they are loyal to.
what is 6'8 Scott supposed to do leaned down a foot and throw a check? His role is to fire his team up. Maybe you listened to too much Milbury but he had a reason to be on the ice at the point to throw hits/fight to get his team going. Just because he threw a legal check which caused Loui's head to whiplash into Scott isnt suspended able.

God, Lucic can run whomever

Chara can break necks

Ference had a track record of BS hits

Marchand's gif of rock em sockem roboting a Sedin is widely applauded even though it deserved a penalty...

Bruins fans still cry about Savard....this is the new Savard, tears will flow through the Boston streets as they play victim until Thorton/Lucic etc/maybe they can call McDermott up again to play the sabres(yeah they did that...put a goon into the lineup for a game knowing he cant play hockey) go out and "get revenge" and beat up little guys on the Sabres...all is fair if Campbells in your corner I guess...

DJN21 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2013, 12:09 AM
  #74
misterchainsaw
Garbo is coming
 
misterchainsaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 23,012
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to misterchainsaw
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJN21 View Post
what is 6'8 Scott supposed to do leaned down a foot and throw a check? His role is to fire his team up. Maybe you listened to too much Milbury but he had a reason to be on the ice at the point to throw hits/fight to get his team going. Just because he threw a legal check which caused Loui's head to whiplash into Scott isnt suspended able.

God, Lucic can run whomever

Chara can break necks

Ference had a track record of BS hits

Marchand's gif of rock em sockem roboting a Sedin is widely applauded even though it deserved a penalty...

Bruins fans still cry about Savard....this is the new Savard, tears will flow through the Boston streets as they play victim until Thorton/Lucic etc/maybe they can call McDermott up again to play the sabres(yeah they did that...put a goon into the lineup for a game knowing he cant play hockey) go out and "get revenge" and beat up little guys on the Sabres...all is fair if Campbells in your corner I guess...

If nothing else, even without the hit to the head rule (which is a penalty now, intent or not), it's still a pretty blatant charge. He takes 5 strides towards Eriksson before contact. I don't think it was as bad as everyone's making out (I think Eriksson frankly should be much more aware of his surroundings, and the little dangle he does before dumping the puck made him that much more vulnerable), but trying to call it a completely clean hit makes you just as bad as the Bruins fans you're criticizing with this post.

misterchainsaw is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2013, 12:11 AM
  #75
Brewin8
Registered User
 
Brewin8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: British Columbia
Country: Canada
Posts: 428
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJN21 View Post
it wasn't a head shot though...shoulder to shoulder and Loui's head whiplashes towards Scott...there was no mythical elbow...just neuter the game and remove hitting if this is your stance...
I agree that there was no elbow, contrary to some interpretations, but I do believe the head is targetted and the point of contact is shoulder to head...illegal hit resulting in 5+

Brewin8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:46 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2016 All Rights Reserved.