HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

General Discussion (Team/Player/Trade Rumors/Speculation/News), Part IV

Closed Thread

Old
11-03-2013, 01:46 PM
Capt Brycey Poo
Im back baby!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by devsfan4life View Post
Maybe it just got worse? Maybe they're lying
its the same thing in school when you got yourself hurt monkying around. Who was hones to the teacher when he asked how you hurt your knee?

Old
11-03-2013, 01:51 PM
Emperoreddy
King of Pirates

Well Lou said the MRI will tell the story but he said it would be a while.

Pete loves Harrold so it was going to take something legit to have him sit. He was obviously hurting since that game. Why he was actually scratched I imagine.

Old
11-03-2013, 02:01 PM
ThePSEGPowerPoster
LOSER POINTS!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfroThunder396 View Post
There's a difference between being good and being ready. There's a BIG difference.
What do you mean?

Old
11-03-2013, 02:05 PM
Jossipov
Patty's Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePSEGPowerPoster View Post
What do you mean?
I think he means that Merrill might have the talent and potential, but not the conditioning, wisdom, and seasoning yet.

Old
11-03-2013, 02:27 PM
Cheddabombs
Status Quo

Having Merrill around for one game is fine by me, I don't want him up here for long though. This kid has missed a lot of action in the past few seasons, while he may be talented enough to play he still needs to develop his game further. As far as I can tell he's been playing very well in Albany, I'd rather him continue that than being on the big squad playing limited minutes or even scratched. If he plays tonight, and plays well, awesome it'll be nice to see his talent level at the big stage. But he can't be here for long, bring someone else up, he needs to be in Albany for the majority of the season.

Old
11-03-2013, 02:30 PM
AfroThunder396
Lou's Secret Sauce

vCash: 118
Quote:
What do you mean?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jossipov View Post
I think he means that Merrill might have the talent and potential, but not the conditioning, wisdom, and seasoning yet.
Yes. He may have the skill set to tread water in the NHL, but that doesn't mean he's prepared to be a full time player at the NHL level.

Anyone can come up and look great in a vacuum, but the NHL is littered with guys who looked ready when they weren't and had their development permanently stunted. I don't want to see Merrill be a regular until he's proven he's a dominant player at the professional level.

That being said - a week or two with the big club won't hurt him. As long as he just gets his feet wet I'm fine with it.

Old
11-03-2013, 02:49 PM
ThePSEGPowerPoster
LOSER POINTS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jossipov View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfroThunder396 View Post
Yes. He may have the skill set to tread water in the NHL, but that doesn't mean he's prepared to be a full time player at the NHL level.

Anyone can come up and look great in a vacuum, but the NHL is littered with guys who looked ready when they weren't and had their development permanently stunted. I don't want to see Merrill be a regular until he's proven he's a dominant player at the professional level.

That being said - a week or two with the big club won't hurt him. As long as he just gets his feet wet I'm fine with it.

Thanks. I agree then. Great point.

Old
11-03-2013, 03:06 PM
B A T M A N
Risen

Clarkson with 1 point in 5 games for TO. We really dodged a bullet with him leaving. xD

Old
11-03-2013, 04:37 PM
MichaelJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
Clarkson with 1 point in 5 games for TO. We really dodged a bullet with him leaving. xD
Too bad we gave his $ to Clowe.

Old
11-03-2013, 05:15 PM
Luke3026
When you're burned..

Quote:
Haha. So he's pretty much on the 0.3 ppg average he's demonstrated throughout his career. No surprises there.

More power to him for getting that contract. Although he's bound to be hated up there after a while. You can only watch him fall down so many times before he goes from ha-ha funny to sad funny.

Old
11-03-2013, 06:35 PM
apice3*

Merrill is tearing up the AHL. Since there's a spot available tonight, he deserves to be here.

Old
11-03-2013, 09:28 PM
Wingman77
Glory Days

Same stuff as last year

Our game is played to the outside of the ice

Nobody that wants to test the middle or that can create space, add that in with the lack of team speed and it's been a disaster

Old
11-03-2013, 09:30 PM
Seto
New Jersey 5000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingman77 View Post
Same stuff as last year

Our game is played to the outside of the ice

Nobody that wants to test the middle or that can create space, add that in with the lack of team speed and it's been a disaster
Just one of the problems. Gelinas is the ONLY player who even attempts to push a player off a puck. THE ONLY PLAYER ON THE WHOLE TEAM.

Old
11-04-2013, 12:51 AM
njdevilsjds
#CoryDays

Quote:
Leafs Fans already have had it with him. We warned them about this...

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1513119

Old
11-04-2013, 01:05 AM
Capt Brycey Poo
Im back baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njdevilsjds View Post

Anyone who had been following the Devils knew this.

Old
11-04-2013, 01:07 AM
Bleedred
Pete still coach?

Quote:

I can't see him lasting more than 3 years there. He's gonna be the next Grabovski. Grabovski was signed to a 5 year contract and bought out after just 1 year of it. That was after a 48 game season no less. If Grabovski (Who is BETTER than Clarkson) was cut loose after 48 games into a new contract, I really wouldn't be shocked if the same thing happened to Clarkson after 72 games this year or whatever he winds up playing.

Old
11-04-2013, 01:30 AM
Seto
New Jersey 5000

Quote:

"If Mike Komisarek was a forward his name would be David Clarkson."

Old
11-04-2013, 01:44 AM
Tundra

Quote:

Clarkson will produce. They have him playing on the third line. Of course, he will never produce the duration of the contract, but he'll do fine for the next 2 to 3 years.

Old
11-04-2013, 01:52 AM
Bgav
We Stylin'

vCash: 1752
lol Bieksa made that idiot fly, the rest of the game he was trying to chase bieksa but wouldnt drop the gloves. Then when kassian goes up to him, he waits until the refs are holding him and punches him 6 times in the face. Such a joke, guys an ass hole

Old
11-04-2013, 07:01 AM
NC107*

Devils Fans take charge

We need to send email and letters along with phone calls especially from STH to the Devils stating this on ice product is unacceptable.

Do we have a right to do this absolutely yes. We buy the tickets, food, programs, clothing and pay for parking. We deserve a competitive product on the ice. Tell the Devils we demand an immediate change.

After all we could not show up at home games.

Don't believe that the Devils know how upset we are. Call, write, & email.

Old
11-04-2013, 07:10 AM
NJDevs26
Status quo

Some Devil fans need to get a grip...it's not like they haven't won since the 1960's, or that they're just pocketing money and trying to stay at the cap floor. They're trying, I'm sure they're dissapointed as an organization. Just about everyone in the NHL tries to win.

I don't think fans writing saying they'll boycott if the team doesn't get better will have much of an impact per se - common sense already tells them the attendance and sth renewals are going in the toilet if they have a second straight non-playoff season. You're just telling them the obvious.

Old
11-04-2013, 07:18 AM
trufleshufle13

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC107 View Post
We need to send email and letters along with phone calls especially from STH to the Devils stating this on ice product is unacceptable.

Do we have a right to do this absolutely yes. We buy the tickets, food, programs, clothing and pay for parking. We deserve a competitive product on the ice. Tell the Devils we demand an immediate change.

After all we could not show up at home games.

Don't believe that the Devils know how upset we are. Call, write, & email.
Not for nothing, but I really don't think they can make a change and are just choosing not to. It's not like a broken faucet they just have been too lazy to get too.

Also with that, how many teams in this league are non playoff teams and have been that way for a while? Maybe its our turn, our playoff history has made it harder to accept than say fans of Islanders, Columbus, Leafs, and so on.

And I'm not just saying I am okay with having a losing team, but I know its not a decision every year on whether or not we make the playoffs. We lost some big assets over the last couple years and the team put together isn't cutting it. There is no quick fix to this.

Old
11-04-2013, 07:18 AM
ThePSEGPowerPoster
LOSER POINTS!

We have more control over the arena entertainment (maybe impact is a better word) than we do the product on the ice.

And we have little impact on the former from what you've seen. So the latter is pretty much a lost cause. Your poor rep would listen to your rant, tell no one, and then probably have a funny story to tell around the office.

If you have Lou's email though, I'm totally for it.

Old
11-04-2013, 07:30 AM
MartyOwns
NYRB!!!2013********33333

Quote:
If you have Lou's email though, I'm totally for it.
0000000001@aol.com

yeah i dont think this gets us anywhere. lou wont allow this to continue for much longer, i have to believe.

Old
11-04-2013, 07:34 AM
Luke3026
When you're burned..

I think for a lot of us posters here on HF, we've never actually watched this team be truly bad. (yeah, there was last year, and the 1st half of the MacLean era, but those "seemed" like anomalies at the time). My memories of the team go back to the late 80's, and sure they weren't all that good in the late 80's and early 90's, but they at least hung around and didn't embarrass themselves.

So it's gonna be interesting to see how a largely spoiled fanbase (myself incluced) handles a few years of really bad hockey. And judging from the wailing and gnashing of teeth already seen around here, looks like we're in for a bumpy ride.

Closed Thread